The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_vote_lcapThe War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_voting_barThe War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_vote_lcapThe War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_voting_barThe War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The War begins, the world turns

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 Empty Re: The War begins, the world turns

Post by Guest May 20th 2011, 10:49 pm

(That's fine.)

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be outfought
It can't be outdone
It can't out matched
It can't be outrun
No

Nightkill sighed as the villain went on his rant. Why did they do that? It'd be far simpler just to do things, not make boasts that made you seem like you were compensating for something. But then the man mentioned this.

"You're familiar with what happens to a giant star when it exhausts it's fuel correct? Now, imagine I'm the star. Well, I'm getting tired, and running out of fuel." You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what would happen, and Nightkill actually wasn't. He hired people for that sort of space thing. That reminded him, set up meeting with Markus Lindon if you survive...

With Mist slung across his shoulder, he started to run at full speed, ignoring the pain coming from all parts of his body. They were a few dozen kilometers from the nearest town of Amritsar, so he wasn't worried about the townsfolk being collateral damage. He ran past a puzzled Pakistani soldier, who was aiming to shoot this strange Indian-looking man and the white girl across his back when he was utterly vaporized from the explosion, dead before he knew it.

Nightkill ran from the explosion, which was still raging and coming toward them. It was as though the explosion was following him. He looked over his other shoulder, and saw that the building, quite frankly, did not exist. He also noted the flames still rushing toward him.

He ran faster. He ran and kept on running, till he came to Amritsar itself. The explosion had actually stopped quite a while ago, but in his rush he hadn't noticed or cared. He knew that the man Everyone was dead. He had to be, after all. He even compared himself to a supernova, and the thing with supernovas was that the stars died.

His knees sagged with exhaustion. All he wanted to do was rest, when he came upon a horrific scene. The Pakistani soldiers had gotten here after all....

And when I close my eyes tonight
To symphonies of blinding light
(God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
Oh)
Like memories in cold decay
Transmissions echoing away
Far from the world of you and I
Where oceans bleed into the sky

There were hundreds of dead Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, and even Muslims littering the streets. Nightkill stared, genuinely dumbstruck. He began speaking aloud. "Azad, come in."

In his head, the black butler began to speak. "I'm hearing you, sir. May I ask what you require?"

"I think I'll need a ride out-Oh God." the last two words were spoken with no emotion whatsoever. Just "oh God." But it wasn't that he didn't care, it was more that his emotions could not comprehend what he was seeing.

There was a row of Hindus, leaning against a wall, with their legs crossed so that they appeared to be in prayer. But their mouths were split open, and a slice of beef was crudely stuffed in each of their mouths. There was a cow burning on a pyre near them. Nightkill also saw a row of Sikhs, each with their beards crudely cut off. It wasn't a very careful cut. Throats appeared to be slit as well.

Nightkill fell to his knees. "Sir?" Azad asked, but Nightkill wasn't listening. The sheer depravity of this....He walked through some buildings, and it was plain to see what had occurred within these walls. These people were not good Muslims at all. He was thankful that Mist was unconscious. After seeing a naked Hindu woman stuffed underneath a bench, Nightkill sat down on the ground, feeling very, very old.

Even after ninety years, humans could surprise him. First Everyone, then this. This didn't have an emotional reaction on him, making him turn from the life of 'evil'. No, it solidified his feelings. To stop more things like this from happening, humans needed one leader. One strong, decisive, intelligent leader. He would be that leader.

He stood up. Amritsar, a thriving city only hours before, was now a near ghost town, though gunshots could be heard in the distance. "Just get me out of here, John. Just get me out."
-------------------------
Two days later in New York....

Nightkill lay in a bed, groaning. His various wounds were recovering, aided by his regeneration factor, but he slept for quite a while. Exhaustion could be a formidable enemy.

Azad brought him a cup of tea, which he drank gratefully. "Thank you, my friend. How is Amy?"

The butler sat on the chair next to the bed. "She's fine. Not as badly hurt as you were. You did a commendable job of keeping her safe from that Everyone man. He is dead, is he not?"

Nightkill chuckled. "Some would say I should be dead, considering the fact I died a few times already to mean that I should, by all rights, be dead. I feel, quite sadly, we may see that man, no, that thing yet again."

Azad nodded. "I'll go now." he told his master, leaving the room.

Nightkill sighed, and remembered Amritsar. Seeing nobody was there, he put his head in his hands, and his shoulders shook with his weeping.

God save us everyone,
Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?
For the sins of our hand
The sins of our tongue
The sins of our father
The sins of our young
No

(End topic.)

Back to top Go down

The War begins, the world turns  - Page 5 Empty Re: The War begins, the world turns

Post by Guest May 22nd 2011, 12:37 am

My word count- 4687 words.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top