The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)

Post by Chellizard February 6th 2022, 10:53 am

Chilling cold clung to every fiber in her being, her body trembling to keep warm as she sat strapped to the old radiator. Icicles clung to the old pipes in the ceiling, the occasional echo of a drop of water splashing onto the cement floor. As the numbing north gale brought forth a blizzard, the building would moan in protest, its hollow bones filling up with the icy breath of the Swiss Alps.

She had been here for three solid days and four nights. She was sure of that much.

Her wrists were bound with high tech bands, a small display showing her vital signs, as well as a terminal log with a pass key entry system. She had been at work for hours attempting to hack the equipment, but to no avail. It was difficult without her weapons or usual gear to assist her during such times of turmoil. And no access to her gear meant no access to Aiva, her digital assistant. Furthermore, they had even gone so far as to take her eye patch, so she was reduced to the bare minimum at her disposal.

She had resorted to burying her face into her knees, using her breath to create a semi warm pocket to fight back the impending frostbite. Her fingertips had already begun to turn a lovely shade of purple.

"Who were you kidding," she berated herself, taking in a slow, deep breath after each sentence, adding fire to the flame that was her pocket of warmth.

"You came in alone, unprepared, with no game plan," she would close her eyes, the lids a pale blue from the cold.

"You should have asked for help," her ears were pressed into her arms, the slight residual warmth bringing her a small comfort.

The sound of footsteps was heavy among the stairs leading down to the basement level of this building. It was a corridor of stairs, wrapping the height of the building, going from basement level to floor sixteen. Cobwebs clung to the corners, lightbulbs were dead, and other creepy crawlies made their home among the rubble of the abandoned building. It was once a pristine research facility, geared toward the cure for a multitude of rare genetic disorders directly linked to the metagene. Now it was the remnants of a lab fire, most floors riddled with abandoned lab equipment and gurneys tipped over, having once been the bed for patients under treatment and study here.

The door would open, the sound of keys scraping against the metallic handle actually reaching Skyler's ears. Her captor was back.

---

As Skyler is freezing in the basement of this abandoned building, her artificial intelligence assistant, Aiva, would send out an emergency beacon to known meta rescue agencies, alerting and giving the exact coordinates for this location. Hopefully this would reach someone that could reach her before it was too late.

---

"You know, you almost had us. I was impressed. You truly live up to your legend, Doctor Karma." the baritone came from a broad-shouldered man, his hair cut short and kept clean, his face bare and shaven. He wore a lab coat, the shape hiding his entire shape underneath. But Skyler had seen first-hand what he kept underneath of his coat. And it was horrible. Where normal flesh should be was a twisting amalgam of insects and other small creatures associated with the plague like snakes, toads, and scorpions. As the man stepped further into the room, the light from the stairwell would flood into the room. Skyler looked up toward the man in front of her, narrowing her gaze as a scowl crossed her mouth.

"You're a coward, and you're not going to get away with this," she stated, her jaw clenching and unclenching with her temper rising. She always was a bit hot headed.

"Oh, but I already have," he stated as he continued to close the gap between them. As he walked forward, he produced a syringe with a large hypodermic needle affixed to it. He grinned and reached out a hand to grasp Skyler's arm, yanking it toward him.

"Get the fuck away from me!" she screamed in protest, but she was so cold, and so exhausted she couldn't resist. She felt as if she would break into a thousand pieces if she were to move the wrong way or fight back any longer. The needle sunk into her vein, extracting a full syringe of her blood.

"Your regenerative properties always fascinated me, Doctor. I was most impressed when I reviewed your Dominus file. It was amazing how detailed the notes were. They were so close to solving this plague on society, and you are the key! Don't be selfish, dear." he would let out a malicious chuckle, his dark eyes boring into Skyler's soul.

She had no more words. She let her head sink back into her pocket of warmth, hugging her knees to her chest.

Maybe death would be a better answer. She had failed. It was hard to swallow her pride, but in this moment of pure failure, she could finally accept that she was not as invincible as she felt.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

INV ONLY Re: The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)

Post by Atlas February 6th 2022, 11:00 pm

Since New York’s destruction he found himself wandering.

Washing up on a sandy shore of a distant nation, leaving him confused for the first few days before he gathered his bearings. Getting clothes from there wasn’t too hard, a traveling archaeologist seeing him and feeling sorry enough for him to supply some clothes. They worked for a while and weeks passed until he was able to get a small collection of clothes he could wear on his travels.  Time passed from there with him not returning to the public eye. Too much was keeping him from acting out in the ways that he normally did, flying around and doing what he thought was saving them.

Of course the world didn’t stop spinning because a star fell and so he found himself being dragged into fringe groups fractured from prior phantoms. The organization had told him about Dominus, and what they had wanted. Mostly with sneers and expressions of disgust that were clear they looked down upon such idiotic ideals. Metahuman repression had been as some thought was impossible. These rogue agents found themselves following him, especially after scanning him for his gene. Apparently they didn’t expect him to be beyond their means to contain, far beyond anything they could deal with.

Looking down at the blinking green screen, his mismatched eyes blinked couple times and he licked his chapped lips. Flakes of white snow brushed across his face, and winds lashed against the tall form. Bound in a thick jacket with a fur inline and some pants he was told were good for mountain hiking. Even then they didn’t keep him warm, which meant drawing upon the solar energy within him to warm the rest of his body. Maybe some thermal sensors would catch him but that didn’t mean much to him.  Unless they had something greater to support them, he was likely going to be able to outdo whatever security was working about.

Men with guns and a few metahumans they had managed to engineer or just draw into their immoral crusade. Each of his steps crunched in the thick snow, leaving their prints as he moved along the white and rocky expanse. Built in the mountainside was a facility, or so he assumed by the short flashes of metal that appeared from his quick appraisals of the rock. High mountain sides that were likely obscured by the veil of fast falling snow. He’d been drawn here through a ditress signal, one this device had been able to  catch onto despite it not being meant for him. These Dominus people had captured someone and his own heroic spirit had been enough to get him following this signal.

Pulling down the hood to keep it from being blown away, he sighed and took a step forward. One second there and the next gone, a great whoosh of wind that was him slamming shoulder first into the outer wall. Metal buckled and wall burst inwards, leading to him slamming further into the room beyond. Barely able to stop himself from slamming through the entire building and sending it collapsing. Now snow and wind was blowing into the ruined room, and his hood had blown down.

Now his face was fully revealed, darkened by sun and a thick beard growing along his chin. Men were rushing him in their proper military looking clothing, weapons raised with a those beams of red light flashing over him. ”I’m looking for someone here. I assume you have her here,” His eyes glowed an orange red as he looked them over.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 7th 2022, 12:23 am

Skyler's hope and luck had all but run out, her shoulders slumping in sorrow as she sank further to the floor, if possible. She felt defeated in more ways than one. Her heart was beating slowly, the feeling in her feet having been gone for almost forty-one hours and counting. She kept wiggling her toes regardless, trying her best to maintain some sense of life.

Above on the main floor was an avalanche causing crash of metal and rock. Dust and debris fell from the ceiling of the basement, the leaking pipes creaking in protest from the sudden shockwave of force being sent throughout the building. Cracks wound their way up the main walls of the building, creating a weakening to the main structure. Another gust of wind would breathe through the building.

The small army of men, twenty or so, would stand in all black riot gear. This gear was created to withstand the attacks from the hero Pain, so this team had hope that they would stand a small chance against this hero. Whoever they were. This particular group had no idea who this man was, his facial hair and glowing eyes completely shrouding the guise that was renown hero Atlas.

"There is nothing here for you, meta human. Get lost." the man that looked most in charge, a few extra decorations across his breast plate, signaled his team. Their weapons would shift all onto Atlas, the guided sight showing that famous red dot on his chest. All of their sights hovered near the same area, their mark clear.

The main floor was expansive and opened into a lobby area with a set of stairs on the West side that led up to a balcony overlooking the lobby area. A set of elevators were situated in the dead center of the room, and to the East side was a hallway that led to different hospital styled rooms, including a triage area, a patient bed area, and an operating room. The other floors of this building were converted to storage and rooms for the soldiers to sleep in. They also had a kitchen and dining area. It was a nice base of operations, truthfully, despite it being mostly run down and covered in bugs. Not to mention the lack of central heating.

The men in their gear would take a more aggressive stance, one man getting a little trigger happy. He pulled down, squeezing with a grin underneath of his reflective visor. This man truly had no morals and wanted nothing more than to see this intruder with the glowing eyes bleed.

Or so he thought.

--

Looking up, the man in the lab coat would secure the cap over the syringe, clutching the blood close to his chest as if it were a prized possession worth dying for.

"What tricks have you been playing at, Doctor Karma?" he barked, clear panic in the man's voice as he turned his gaze back to her slumped form.

She let out a soft chuckle and shook her head.

"How in the hell do you think I know? Why not go find out for yourself?" she muttered this, but this man clearly had a heightened sense of hearing, because he heard every word clearly.

He let out a huff in frustration and turned on his heel, stomping out of the room. The door slammed shut with a heavy thud and the echoing sound of his foot steps could be heard taking the stairs to the main floor.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas February 7th 2022, 6:27 am

The men turned their guns on him and he could hear the cacophony of  their heartbeats. Rapid sounds as if showing they weren’t the most confident that they could take him with those little guns. Bullets never made him worry anyway. ”Making it sound like there’s something for me here,” He responded, eyeing the one who spoke and cocking his head to the side.  Lights danced around the room, and he turned fully towards the group of men before him to consider them. Did they have any weapons that could actually hurt him? Atlas hadn’t met many people with something that could cut his skin, so he found himself overconfident at times.

The building was expansive. Enough to keep this number of people comfortably, food and everything. Well they were the kind of people likely to kidnap someone so destroying a few things didn’t seem wrong to him. Not like the government was funding this. Well he hoped they weren’t.

A gunshot rang out. Without even thinking his hand moved faster than the human eye, appearing as if he were standing still until  the ring of shots finished. ”Looks like you weren’t willing to do any talking,” He frowned slightly, releasing the vice grip with his right hand and letting the crushed rounds clatter to the ground. ”not very smart though. So let me say it again. I’m looking for someone here and I assume you have her. Doctor Karma I think the name was, ” The name sounded interesting, though an alias he could easily guess.

Glowing eyes ignited into beams of hit that hit two guns and turned them into molten slag. ”None of you could stop me anyway. How many of your squads do I have to punch through?” With no concern for the weapons still pointed at him, Atlas stepped up to the most important looking person and lifted him up by his armor. ”Take me to her or I’ll see how you like being thrown three thousand feet into the air,”

He wasn’t sure he would do it but he was considering it.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 7th 2022, 3:18 pm

Atlas would have read about Skyler in the Dominus case files he was granted access to via his clearance gained while in that old hero agency.

The files would show in detail her mission and how she infiltrated the ranks of Dominus, taking it apart from the inside out. Leaking secrets, and their locations for operations to the good guys. The file, however, was censored when it mentioned the date Skyler lost her eye, most of those details completely redacted.

Sighing, she trembled as another cold breeze coated the entire room, piercing her down to the bone.

"Well, well, well! Look at what we have here!" pure malice clung to each syllable as the man stepped out of the shadowy hallway, a light shining on his face directly.

"You're quite the impressive specimen. Is that how we treat a guest?" the man in the labcoat would let out a chortle, a slight wheeze lacing his breath. A cough escaped him, and following that a cloud of drain flies burst from his mouth.

"I'm sure we can work something out, can't we?" he asked, a brow raising in a curious fashion as he stepped forward, closing the gap between himself and his currently dangling soldier.

As he moved, bugs seemed to start crawling from all corners of the room, the soft noise of clicks echoing down the metal stairs as a hoard of crawling insects began cascading down toward Atlas and the soldiers. They would form a sort of bug amalgamation, grouping together and flooding toward them in a hasty fashion.

"You've done it now, " the man said, his feet dangling beneath him as he reached up to attempt and loosen the grip on his throat.

"Feast, my friends." grinning, his smile was seemingly replaced with bugs as well, twisting and turning as a millipede crawled from the corner of his mouth and across his face into his left ear. He didn't seem bothered at all by the sudden insect in his ear, either. He quite enjoyed it.

The hoard of insects would attempt to go for Atlas, but they are all quite literallyjust standard insects at this point, nothing impressive... yet.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas February 7th 2022, 7:51 pm

Atlas could guess the man now within his grasp was terrified. No one needed to tell him when he could hear his heart hammering like it was. Anyone would when they were in the same position like this man, who was considering if he were going to be falling at terminal velocity soon. That was when someone else joined them, a man with a voice dripping in malice. Was it one of the metahumans they had around here to keep the operations going smoothly. Laughing turned to coughing then to the sound of wings. Insectile wings flapping at the rapid rate that they tended to.

It grated at his ears. ”You don’t seem to know who you’re dealing with,” Was all he said, a deluge of bugs coming to claim his flesh. Against any human it would have been a horror. Spindly legs, crawling over him with pincer jaws meant to rend and sheer flesh but they weren’t dealing with average. He’d been created to withstand more than just the pinches and pokes of insects. Even still, he casually tossed to man aside. Away from the swam that threatened to swallow him, not expecting him to be spared because he was a moderately ranked officer.

Even still he could feel them crawling on his clothes and even under them. ”That’s just gross. Never thought I’d be smothered in bugs and cold,” The voice complained beneath the sheath of insects. Light and heat broke through, followed by an outward explosion of energy that splattered insect guts  across the wall and people close enough to see it. His jacket had a few good holes in it, alongside his pants which annoyed him more than anything else. ”you seem like you’re in charge. Bring me to Dr. Karma. I’m not exactly in the mood to play, so I don’t mind doing a little punching if you keep it up with the bugs,”

This time he took a step forward and to the others he was suddenly standing before the bug person. A large gust throwing most of the soldiers to the ground. ”If falling out of orbit couldn’t kill me, nothing you people have would be able to either,” He wondered if that would tell them who he was but it didn’t matter. They were kidnapping people and he would save this woman anyway.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 27th 2022, 4:23 pm

As the bugs began to gnaw away at Atlas’s clothes, and attempt to bite his flesh, they would take pieces of him, albeit just flakes of skin, or loose hair. It was a rare bug, only one in ten thousand would manage to get a bite, and of those few, not many had survived being crushed, or smashed by Atlas as he began to make his way toward the Bug Master.

Those few bug survivors would skitter and crawl away, taking their Atlas trophies with them.

Fear would rise as he realized who had come to save Doctor Karma. It made almost no sense why he would come to her aid. Had they been on missions together in the past? Or do they have an employer with an interest in the doctor? Whatever the case may be, this made no sense!

”Why would they send you to save her?” he hissed, a wheezy breath escaping him as a spider crawled from his left ear into his right nostril, a centipede snaking from the collar of his shirt up into his hair. His eyes were wild, and looked as if they were made of thousands of wriggling worms.

He would snap his fingers, the hordes of bugs retreating to form a massive pile behind the Bug Master as his command. The few bugs that had won Atlas trophies were among the horde, ingesting the sample. As they did, they began to mutate. As they did, they grew in size. And as they grew, they began to feast on the flesh of the other insects. Feeding their growing carapace, the mutated bugs would resemble beetles crossed with a mantis and a wasp. It was a putrid thing, growing to the size of a small dog. The buzzing wings would erupt from the massive pile behind the Bug Master, three mutated creatures making their way toward Atlas with the goal to hinder him further. Another wheezy laugh escaped the man.

”If I have to make this harder for you, I will. I need her. You cannot take her yet.” he had plans to use Skyler’s DNA to supplement a healing serum, much like Dominus had done. That research, however, had been destroyed by Skyler herself before defecting from Dominus. The research had been twisted to reverse the effects of her powers, basically doing the reverse – destroying tissue rapidly. Therefore, no one could have access to that.

But the Bug Master wanted it, and he was only mere steps away from completely his research. If only Atlas hadn’t come to interfere.

The mutated bugs would swarm toward Atlas, the smaller bugs also making their way back to crawl over him, more wheezing laughter escaping the Bug Master.

---

Skyler would hug her knees tighter to her chest, trying to warm herself enough to get out of these binds and up to the surface to help. There had to be something else she could do. She focused on her heart, thinking of the blood, and how warm she made it with each breath. She focused on that fact, and tried her best to use her powers. It was hard to put her mind in use on something that came to her like breathing. She had never been forced to focus on using her powers before, so this was a challenge in itself.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas October 23rd 2022, 6:24 pm

He felt the bugs attempt their futile gnawing against his flesh, brushed away with a few casual motions of the hand. He had to have some kind of plan beyond just sending his bugs on him. That alone was enough to make him keep a few steps away from him. Waiting for what felt like the right moment to knock him out, if he were that easy. Human frailty was something he always found himself worrying over.

A question broke through. Why would they send him to save her, though he wasn’t sure what the man meant by that. Maybe it was the people he worked for or maybe someone else entirely. Even those he allied himself had their own purity put into question. For now, all he knew was that he heard something was up, a small distress signal and had come here of his own volition. Not that sketchy men with bug powers would believe that.

The bugs were all retreating to him now, forming a massive wriggling mass. As they did, a few began to grow in mass as they separated themselves from the great horde. They looked to be as large as a chihuahua, maybe even a little larger but he didn’t know.  Larger things with pincers and violence in their soulless bug eyes.  He let out a small sigh,  wondering what these were about.

Some kind of strain of super powered beetle? Possible but he didn’t know anything about the guy who created them. He wasn’t even the tactics guy back when he went about saving New York.

The insects attack, one seeming to aim for his throat, though all he did was snap a hand forward as the jaws closed around that hand. A stinging pain radiating from the places where the jagged, chitinous edge bit into flesh. It chattered as more latched onto him, pushing from what he could tell. He curled his fingers around the shell, feeling the cracking before it gave way within his hand. More force, enough to render it rigid.

”You think your little bugs can slow me down?” A small amount of irritation wormed into his voice, focusing some energy onto healing the surface cuts on his hand. They were basically not there now. That same energy well up within his hands, like small burning stars as he unleashed the heat in little bursts.  Melting the many smaller, and weaker insects like tar and throwing the larger ones into the walls as they left massive cracks there. One twitched, leaking what he assumed was blood while another tried to right itself from the sudden force. He had the feeling they wouldn’t be down forever.

He scanned the facility around him, brows furrowed. ”I don’t really know what you’re doing here. I’m just here to save someone, and you’re in the way right now,” if there was one thing he knew, it was that people always prepared for him but they did it wrong. As he looked through the facility, he could see the many shapes and then one spots that blanked out compared to the rest. Some kind of basement he assumed.

With a sigh, he raised a fist and propelled himself through the floor. Walls gave way like fragile styrofoam, until he stopped before the wall he could see through. Alarms blaring now as he pushed his form through the wall and suddenly it was no longer a blank spot. ”You the one they holding here?” He spoke amidst the darkness and wall rubble sprayed around the room.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard April 21st 2024, 6:22 pm

Hot breath would cascade from Skyler's nostrils, her eyes closed tight, her attention focused solely on herself at this moment in time. She felt helpless, hearing the scrapes and flaps of wings from the floors above her. The empty halls would echo the sounds, reverberating the fight into her ears. The icy chill surrounding her would prickle her flesh, offering the remembrance of life to her mind. She felt her broken bones begin to repair themselves, fractures stitching back together. Torn muscles, severed ligaments, and tendons, all slowly repaired themselves. Skyler had been beaten and left in the cold, the Bug Master having extensive knowledge that extreme cold halters Skyler's innate meta-human ability.

She would continue to breathe steadily, drawing in full breaths, being sure to allow her heart to beat the warmed breath throughout her core. She kept her mind on hope, the sudden realization that help truly had come bringing her one step closer to her goal: getting out of here alive.

--

The Bug Master was relentless, his tongue stretching and licking over his lips in hunger as his hoard of mutated bugs moved in waves toward Atlas. The chittering mandibles, buzzing wings, and razor edged carapaces clashed against Atlas' durable skin, adding a ringing sound of hope with each crack and crush following the engagement. The bugs proved easy foes to Atlas, falling and barely making a dent against the hero.

The change in demeanor made the Bug Master gasp, watching as his creatures were crushed and left in a mangled mess. He frowned, opening his mouth to rebute Atlas just as the hero smashed his way through the floor. With the falling rubble, the corpses of fallen bugs would rain down through the massive hole created by the sudden force of entry through the floor into the next room.

It would take Atlas three easy smashes, the above floors housing storage, and then stairway access. An alarm would blare the moment he made impact. A silhouette of the hero followed, an impression being left in the walls as he moved through the facility, finding Skyler with ease.

Chuckling, she looked up, the sudden source of heat in the room making her hair stand on end.

"... Yeah," her voice cracked, barely above a whisper. Her lips were a cerulean, her skin tone a pale blue. She shivered slightly, a few small crunching sounds being heard as her spine realigned itself, her form relaxing with a soft sigh escaping her. The warmth from Atlas radiated quickly, making the room almost ten degrees higher.

"Where did that bastard go?" she asked, looking around, a hand pressing down and behind of her to prop herself up, attempting to stand on her own.

The sound of chittering followed Atlas, a repetitive clicking noise echoing behind of him.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top