The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The War begins, the world turns

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 Empty Re: The War begins, the world turns

Post by Dr Everyone April 22nd 2011, 11:17 pm

After the punch had connected, Dr.Everyone had flown into the air, dodging Nightkill. He was safe, but the fight wasn't over. He quickly went over a mental checklist of injuries at quick mental speeds.

"Back sore, stomach sore physically in pain, possible internal brusing or small bleeding. Arms sore. Face, hurts a lot. Now for mother nature's greatest creation. The fire whirl!"

Dr.Everyone lowered himself closer to the ground. He was about seventy-feet above Nightkill. And then he said.

"HOW DO YOU MATCH AGAINST THE POWER OF A FIRE WHIRL! I SWEAR TO YOU AND THAT GIRL DOWN THERE THE LAST LIVING IMAGE YOU WILL SEE IS MY FACE!"

The sky darkened. Dark storm clouds seemed to form above Dr.Everyone. But it wasn't a cloud. Well, it was and it wasn't. It was a cloud, but made of smoke. Then Dr.Everyone burst into fire again. The fire around him a Deep orange. Then the fire began to spin around him, and grow. It grew and grew until it turned into a spinning cone shape. The wider end touched the smoke cloud and it spun faster, the thin part touching the ground and it spun a little slower, back to the speed it had before touching anything. The fire whirl was born, and in the center of it (literally) was Dr.Everyone.

The ground the whirl passed over was black from burns. The fire burned at around 2,000 degrees, maybe a few hundred degrees cooler. And the whirl was headed right at Nightkill.

Dr.Everyone only chuckled at the thought of the pain and emotional scarring (In the girl's case, physical scarring) he had put the two through. And he wasn't finished.

"The ultimate form of suffering, is dying. The ultimate form of joy and entertainment is watching life leave someone's eyes."

Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Back to top Go down

The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 Empty Re: The War begins, the world turns

Post by Guest April 24th 2011, 7:52 pm

Nightkill saw the fire whirl come right at him and Mist. He did the first thing he could think of. He spun. He spun as fast as he could, and a massive wind blew into the fire whirl. This cliched method which has appeared in many children's cartoons mostly dissipated the flames, and cooled off the ones that did hit Nightkill. Not a one hit Mist. Nightkill was still on fire, the sprinklers having been utterly destroyed by the whirl.

Nightkill changed back. He transformed from his monstrous Doomsday form into his monstrous scorpion form. He was still on fire in some places, so he spun again, getting rid of those flames. SHRPG uses fifth-grade physics, after all. Nightkill sighed, and glared at Everyone.

"I admit you are quite the formidable opponent." he chuckled at Everyone floating above him. "But you cannot fight forever." he said calmly, strange wires coming out of his body. The wires shot forward at Everyone, ready to grab him and slam him onto the ground. The wires would also blast lots of energy right into Everyone, doing an effect similar to electrocution.

"You dared to fight me, Dr. Everyone. You dared to fight Nightkill, a man that GUN itself dares to provoke. You dared to fight Nightkill, a man who rarely loses any battle. You dared to fight Nightkill, a man who has returned from the dead- twice. Above this, you dared to hurt my daughter!" he yelled, firing an energy blast that was aimed at Everyone's chest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone April 25th 2011, 11:02 am

The fire whirl came back fully to life quickly after Nightkill had spun to destroy it. Dr.Everyone understood what had happened. When Nightkill used his super speed to spin, it created a vortex that sucked in oxygen, killing the fire. This wouldn't have happened had Dr.Everyone been concentrating on keeping it alive, but he was just trying to direct the whirl on where to go.

Then Dr.Everyone watched as Nightkill changed back to what he had been on the top floor of the charred and burnt building, and shot wires at him from his body. Dr.Everyone however was still inside the fire whirl, which had returned to full blaze. The wire shot fast and Dr.Everyone's mind reacted before his body, and he was just able to move down inside the whirl as the heated and possibly melted (and/or dysfunctional) wires came at where he had been. Learning from his mistakes, he countered the attack by condensing the whole fire whirl into a cone like structure about the size of a party hat. The heat in the condensed cone was incredibly hot, definitely some of the hottest Dr.Everyone had conjured. It was pure white as it had been before, but pure white with the lightest tinge of blue. Dr.Everyone aimed the cone of fire at Nightkill and blasted it like a beam. The base of the "cone" fired at Nightkill and breathtaking speed, and the "point" of the "cone" stayed at Dr.Everyone's hands. The beam expanded as the base flew towards Nightkill, and would be the size of the wall of the house by the time it reached him. The expansion also made the flames less hot, but still hot. The fire was pure white again, but the tinge of blue was no longer the smallest tinge, but an iota of a tinge. All of it headed right for Nightkill.

"I dared, Nightkill? I dared? You invoked my wrath by taking control of China, you are getting in the way of my goals! I have slaughtered hundreds, tortured and scared many more, and I have felt nothing! I have never been caught, never arrested. I've injured Pain, I burned down half of Chicago. And the world wants my head. When I kill you and your daughter, I'll forget you as I forgot the rest of my kills. Your lives are as worthless as the rest. All you are is a step towards my goal. And no matter how many times you've returned to life, you can't return if nobody is left to revive you. Now allow me to kill you a third time, and slaughter your daughter permanently."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Doctor Everyone's Theme Song:
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Humor : Sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 27th 2011, 4:33 pm

Nightkill saw the fire coming. He grabbed Mist, and leaped out of the way, and the flames hit the ground, leaving behind a molten puddle...

That was it, Nightkill realized. Either Everyone would lose control and melt the whole building, making it collapse on top of him and dying in a molten, burning sludge, or he'd wear out and Nightkill would win. Nightkill was tired, but he was willing to bet quite a bit that Everyone was more tired. The villain had been fighting Mist before Nightkill had arrived, and had been using his powers much more than Nightkill did. Nightkill pulled out his gun and fired three bullets, then ran to another corner of the room, fired an energy blast, ran to yet another corner and waited. His speed was hindered slightly by Mist slung over his shoulder, but not too much. Nightkill's speed was a defining trait. Before he was one of the more powerful villains, he ran out of fights. He ran a lot, and few could hold the honor of catching him once he started.

Now he'd use his speed to tire out Everyone, who was floating in the air. Nightkill didn't need flight to take him on. He had brains for a reason. He ignored the monster's words, and put his hands together. They glowed with a bright yellow energy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 1st 2011, 5:54 pm

Bump.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 5th 2011, 11:15 pm

(Final bump J, or I'm going to have to post for you and conclude the thread. I really need this to end so I can advance my plot.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone May 9th 2011, 8:55 pm

Dr.Everyone, despite Nightkill's speed, was able to dodge the bullets. The energy, however, was shot higher up and hit him in the leg. This made him do and in air front flip. His leg hurt terribly now, and he doubted he would be able to walk without a limp, much less run. While he had flown upwards to avoid both the bullets and the energy,he only dodge the bullets completely, and returned to his original altitude to see Nightkill charging an attack.

"Oh, that's the game is it? Well I guess I'd better show him the true meaning of evil!"

Dr.Everyone put his hands straight out at his sides. He wasn't summoning his fire, but rather, all the fire nearby that he could. And with a war raging, and the border so close, it wasn't hard. Fire came from all around, but only that which was under a quarter mile away flew to him at ridiculous speeds (Which were only accomplished because Dr.Everyone put part of his strength into gathering the fire, and fire wasn't exactly heavy). He let the fire gather in his hands. When no more fire could come to him, he then began to channel his fire into his hands, almost all of it. This attack would drain a quite a bit of his energy, and he'd be much more tired afterward, but it would be a hell of an attack. This attack would light up the area so bright that it might convince news helicopters and people outside the city that the 4th of July was going on, not a war. Then the fire, the large amount of it, was condense so that it would fit in his hands. The condensation of the fire only made it hotter and more lethal.

When he had the attack prepared, he closed his eyes and concentrated, and the roar of the super-condense, super-hot, powerful fire attack could be heard clearly by all in proximity to the Doctor. Then the fire shot from his hands at speeds that Nightkill might be amazed by. As the fire shot out, the two beams twirled and inter-mingled and became one beam, although both beams could be clearly made out. The beam spread out a little bit as it was shot,and became wide. It wasn't going to hit just Nightkill, but a 10 foot-in-diameter area around him, with Nightkill at the center of (and the hottest most deadly part of) the two part fire beam. The heat from the fire, and the fact Dr.Everyone would let the fire run wild after the attack, would probably destroy the house.

"I feel my exhaustion, and it's mostly of my own doing. He thinks he's tired me out, and he has. He's hurt me, made me tired. But most of my exhaustion is my own. From the power I'm putting in these attacks. The sheer amount of power I'm putting into this one, it was a lot, but it won't be anything compared to what I have prepared for my final act. But I won't last too much longer....NONETHELESS! I still have fight left. If this doesn't kill him out, I'll finish the job. I'll kill him and that daughter of his. "

Last edited by jbronze on May 17th 2011, 10:10 pm; edited 3 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"I wont stop until this planet is a lifeless rock and I choke to death on the toxic air."
[URL=https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t1569-dreveryone]The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 DrEPG_zps79285077[/URL]
Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow May 11th 2011, 1:50 pm

((OOC: Okay, I am going to settle this godmodding for you guys. Now it wasn't that Jbronze declared an attack or anything like that, but I do see where he godmodded.))

Nightkill wrote:Nightkill saw the fire coming. He grabbed Mist, and leaped out of the way, and the flames hit the ground, leaving behind a molten puddle...

That was it, Nightkill realized. Either Everyone would lose control and melt the whole building, making it collapse on top of him and dying in a molten, burning sludge, or he'd wear out and Nightkill would win. Nightkill was tired, but he was willing to bet quite a bit that Everyone was more tired. The villain had been fighting Mist before Nightkill had arrived, and had been using his powers much more than Nightkill did. Nightkill pulled out his gun and fired three bullets, then ran to another corner of the room, fired an energy blast, ran to yet another corner and waited. His speed was hindered slightly by Mist slung over his shoulder, but not too much.

((OOC: Nightkill shot three rounds, then ran to another corner in the building, which would take a few seconds, right? Then he fired and energy blast and ran to another corner, which would take a few more seconds.))

Jbronze wrote:Dr.Everyone, despite Nightkill's speed, was able to dodge both things. Actually, the speed at which things went made it easier. He flew upwards to avoid both the bullets and the energy, and returned to see Nightkill charging an attack.

((OOC: Alright, here is the thing. I don't see how Dr. Everyone could fly upwards in a building, unless it had a really high roof but thats not the only problem. Another problem was that you made the bullets and the blast fly under you at the same time, or at least way to close together. Maybe you could fly over the bullets, but when Nightkill looked over to shoot the energy blast he would have seen you were flying and would have shot there, not at the blank wall where you were standing. Just because he didn't put it in his post [because he couldn't] doesn't mean you get to do a action and expect that all of his attacks are being placed in your previous spot. Also I didn't see in NK's post where he started charging an attack, I'm pretty sure he left off hiding behind cover, so you could make a counter attack and so that he wasn't do ten thousand actions. This part of your post needs to be edited Jbronze.))

Jbronze wrote:
Dr.Everyone put his hands straight out at his sides. He wasn't summoning his fire, but rather, all the fire nearby that he could. And with a war raging, and the border so close, it wasn't hard. Fire from up to 5 miles away flew to him at ridiculous speeds. He let the fire gather in his hands. When no more fire could come to him, he then began to channel his fire into his hands, almost all of it. This attack would drain him a lot, and he'd have very little fire left. He'd need to rely on mostly his gadgets and fighting skills after this, but it would be a hell of an attack. This attack would light up the area so bright that it could be seen high up in the air, if not space. The fire, the giant amount of it, was condense so that it would fit in his hands. The condensation of the fire only made it hotter and more lethal.

((OOC: Okay, Nightkill can pretty much do whatever he wants in his next post because he has all the time in the world. You can't gather fire from up to 5 miles away and expect to also make an attack with it before Nightkill peaks around the corner. I don't think that you need to edit this part, I'm just giving Nightkill permission to stop you from gathering all of that fire. So Jbronze the only part of your post that needs editing in the first part, other then that Nightkill, you have a good amount of time to do whatever you want while Jbronze is charging up.))

The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
The War begins, the world turns  - Page 4 Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone May 11th 2011, 8:03 pm

(OOC: Dr.Everyone was knocked out of the building and has been out of the building for a few posts. As for the miles thing, I thought 5 was too high, but I wasn't sure. I'll fix it.))

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow May 11th 2011, 8:57 pm

((OCC: Oh well I didn't read that part and it wasn't restated from were I started reading so my bad, but still even from a mile NK will have time to do something. And also you never edited the first part of your post.))

Gadgets,
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone May 12th 2011, 7:36 am

Editted further.

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow May 12th 2011, 1:18 pm

((Appreciate it. You guys can continue on with your topic now.))

Gadgets,
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 13th 2011, 1:01 am

jbronze wrote:Dr.Everyone, despite Nightkill's speed, was able to dodge the bullets. The energy, however, was shot higher up and hit him in the leg. This made him do and in air front flip. His leg hurt terribly now, and he doubted he would be able to walk without a limp, much less run. He flew upwards to avoid both the bullets and the energy, and returned to see Nightkill charging an attack.

"Oh, that's the game is it? Well I guess I'd better show him the true meaning of evil!"

Dr.Everyone put his hands straight out at his sides. He wasn't summoning his fire, but rather, all the fire nearby that he could. And with a war raging, and the border so close, it wasn't hard. Fire came from all around, but only that which was under a quarter mile away flew to him at ridiculous speeds (Which were only accomplished because Dr.Everyone put part of his strength into gathering the fire, and fire wasn't exactly heavy). He let the fire gather in his hands. When no more fire could come to him, he then began to channel his fire into his hands, almost all of it. This attack would drain him a lot, and he'd have very little fire left. He'd need to rely on mostly his gadgets and fighting skills after this, but it would be a hell of an attack. This attack would light up the area so bright that it could be seen high up in the air, if not space. The fire, the giant amount of it, was condense so that it would fit in his hands. The condensation of the fire only made it hotter and more lethal.

When he had taken as much as he could and wanted from his own fire, he moved both of his hands from his sides to in front of him. He closed his eyes and concentrated, and the roar of the super-condense, super-hot, super-powerful fire attack could be heard clearly by all in proximity to the Doctor. Then the fire shot from his hands at speeds that Nightkill might be amazed by. As the fire shot out, the two beams twirled and inter-mingled and became one beam, although both beams could be clearly made out. The beam spread out a little bit as it was shot,m and became wide. It wasn't going to hit just Nightkill, but a 10 foot-in-diameter area around him, with Nightkill at the center of (and the hottest most deadly part of) the two part fire beam. The heat from the fire, and the fact Dr.Everyone would let the fire run wild after the attack, would probably destroy the house.

"I feel my exhaustion, and it's mostly of my own doing. He thinks he's tired me out, and he has. He's hurt me, made me tired. But most of my exhaustion is my own. From the power I'm putting in these attacks. The sheer amount of power I'm putting into this one, I'm amazed I haven't passed out. But I am light headed....NONETHELESS! I still have fight left. If this doesn't knock him out, I'll finish the job. I won't kill him, not yet. I'll let him give up China willingly, before I end the connection personally."

Akira Toriyama would be proud. Nightkill thought to himself, before he leaped out of the way. The fire was moving at insanely quick speeds, but Nightkill was also quite fast. He was out of the way of the ten foot diameter of doom, even though he could feel the intense heat from the flame on his back. If he had been in there... (I started this thread when I still had 4 speed, so I'll continue this way until the end.)

He looked at the tiring Dr. Everyone, and smiled. "Getting tired? Want to give up?" he asked, walking backwards, Mist still slung across his shoulder, which was hindering his speed and abilities slightly, but not significantly. Adrenaline soared through his veins and cyber-fibers, causing him to ignore the pain and growing exhaustion, though he was certain he would be sleeping for days on end after this fight.

He absently noted that the back of his jacket was on fire. "Goddamn." he grumbled, using his energy to disintegrate the jacket. Amazing it had lasted this long. The fireproof jacket really was fireproof up to an extent. It was a nice jacket though, and it'd be tough to find another one like it. But survival was the important thing right now.

"Wanna give up?" he asked, holding his arms outstretched, hiding his growing pain and exhaustion.

(Let's wrap this up soon, I have threads to make taking place after this.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 14th 2011, 11:34 pm

(Also, the mods have decided to retcon the China thing, so your motivation now is killing for the sake of killing.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Everyone May 17th 2011, 9:56 pm

(Sorry for wait, I was preoccupied on Sheinara.....))

Dr.Everyone just chuckled.

"Give up? I might be here, killing you and your pesky daughter for no reason other than that, but I will not give up! I'll make sure the next time you here my name, your cringe in terror. THE WHOLE WORLD WILL BE AFRAID! But fear doesn't protect against death, sadly."

Dr.Everyone had gotten pretty tired pulling all the fire from around him, but he still had his internal fire. The fire he created, that he had ultimate control over. It might take the rest of his energy, but he still had an option.

"You're familiar with what happens to a giant star when it exhausts it's fuel correct? Now, imagine I'm the star. Well, I'm getting tired, and running out of fuel."

Dr,Everyone only smirked.

He pulled all of his fire into one single space inside himself. All of the fire being pushed into a tiny ball inside him, putting all his power into it. First it was the size of a basketball, then a baseball, then a bouncy ball, then a pebble, and then, it condensed to the size of a grain of sand. Dr.Everyone face became red with effort of holding the ball together, condensing it as much as it was. All of his strength, power, and fire was being put into this one attack. A attack that was cosmetically like a supernova, but nothing like the actual force or physics of a supernova.. It would be strong, although no wear near the force of an actual supernova, or a nuclear bomb. It would be as strong as half a kilotons of TNT going off at once, significantly less than a common bunker buster.

And then, in the blink of an eye, Dr.Everyone exploded
The fiery supernova-looking attack fired outwards in all directions, a super hot, ever expanding explosion of fire blasting outward, consuming buildings. Some buildings would stand after being past over, some wouldn't. But the fire exploded outward with such force, it was expanding outward, exploding outward, at high speeds. The explosive force made a very audible boom, caused sand and plants to fly away from the supernova-looking attack. Some buildings swayed, windows shattered. Nightkill had a chance to run away from it, he was fast, but would he make it. All the while, the explosion propelled outward all of his burned innerds and body parts into the town.

And Dr.Everyone was still destroyed. But, somewhere in all the chaos and destruction, a device with a Beacon atop it beeped and a red light blipped. The Beacon was activated.

((After a lengthy debate on the c-box, it was mutually decided that a attack with an explosive force equivalent to 1 kilton of TNT would not be godmodding, giving the conditions. Dr.Everyone is incredibly exhausted, will not be able to fight any more, and after another post or two from you and another post or two from me, the thread should be over. If you still have a problem with a 1 kiloton explosive force, I guess I could dumb it down to half a kiloton. Enjoy))

((UPDATE: Dr.Everyone has died from the attack.))

Dr Everyone
Dr Everyone
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 20th 2011, 10:49 pm

(That's fine.)

God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
And it can't be outfought
It can't be outdone
It can't out matched
It can't be outrun
No

Nightkill sighed as the villain went on his rant. Why did they do that? It'd be far simpler just to do things, not make boasts that made you seem like you were compensating for something. But then the man mentioned this.

"You're familiar with what happens to a giant star when it exhausts it's fuel correct? Now, imagine I'm the star. Well, I'm getting tired, and running out of fuel." You didn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what would happen, and Nightkill actually wasn't. He hired people for that sort of space thing. That reminded him, set up meeting with Markus Lindon if you survive...

With Mist slung across his shoulder, he started to run at full speed, ignoring the pain coming from all parts of his body. They were a few dozen kilometers from the nearest town of Amritsar, so he wasn't worried about the townsfolk being collateral damage. He ran past a puzzled Pakistani soldier, who was aiming to shoot this strange Indian-looking man and the white girl across his back when he was utterly vaporized from the explosion, dead before he knew it.

Nightkill ran from the explosion, which was still raging and coming toward them. It was as though the explosion was following him. He looked over his other shoulder, and saw that the building, quite frankly, did not exist. He also noted the flames still rushing toward him.

He ran faster. He ran and kept on running, till he came to Amritsar itself. The explosion had actually stopped quite a while ago, but in his rush he hadn't noticed or cared. He knew that the man Everyone was dead. He had to be, after all. He even compared himself to a supernova, and the thing with supernovas was that the stars died.

His knees sagged with exhaustion. All he wanted to do was rest, when he came upon a horrific scene. The Pakistani soldiers had gotten here after all....

And when I close my eyes tonight
To symphonies of blinding light
(God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under loaded gun
Oh)
Like memories in cold decay
Transmissions echoing away
Far from the world of you and I
Where oceans bleed into the sky

There were hundreds of dead Hindus, Sikhs, Christians, and even Muslims littering the streets. Nightkill stared, genuinely dumbstruck. He began speaking aloud. "Azad, come in."

In his head, the black butler began to speak. "I'm hearing you, sir. May I ask what you require?"

"I think I'll need a ride out-Oh God." the last two words were spoken with no emotion whatsoever. Just "oh God." But it wasn't that he didn't care, it was more that his emotions could not comprehend what he was seeing.

There was a row of Hindus, leaning against a wall, with their legs crossed so that they appeared to be in prayer. But their mouths were split open, and a slice of beef was crudely stuffed in each of their mouths. There was a cow burning on a pyre near them. Nightkill also saw a row of Sikhs, each with their beards crudely cut off. It wasn't a very careful cut. Throats appeared to be slit as well.

Nightkill fell to his knees. "Sir?" Azad asked, but Nightkill wasn't listening. The sheer depravity of this....He walked through some buildings, and it was plain to see what had occurred within these walls. These people were not good Muslims at all. He was thankful that Mist was unconscious. After seeing a naked Hindu woman stuffed underneath a bench, Nightkill sat down on the ground, feeling very, very old.

Even after ninety years, humans could surprise him. First Everyone, then this. This didn't have an emotional reaction on him, making him turn from the life of 'evil'. No, it solidified his feelings. To stop more things like this from happening, humans needed one leader. One strong, decisive, intelligent leader. He would be that leader.

He stood up. Amritsar, a thriving city only hours before, was now a near ghost town, though gunshots could be heard in the distance. "Just get me out of here, John. Just get me out."
-------------------------
Two days later in New York....

Nightkill lay in a bed, groaning. His various wounds were recovering, aided by his regeneration factor, but he slept for quite a while. Exhaustion could be a formidable enemy.

Azad brought him a cup of tea, which he drank gratefully. "Thank you, my friend. How is Amy?"

The butler sat on the chair next to the bed. "She's fine. Not as badly hurt as you were. You did a commendable job of keeping her safe from that Everyone man. He is dead, is he not?"

Nightkill chuckled. "Some would say I should be dead, considering the fact I died a few times already to mean that I should, by all rights, be dead. I feel, quite sadly, we may see that man, no, that thing yet again."

Azad nodded. "I'll go now." he told his master, leaving the room.

Nightkill sighed, and remembered Amritsar. Seeing nobody was there, he put his head in his hands, and his shoulders shook with his weeping.

God save us everyone,
Will we burn inside the fires of a thousand suns?
For the sins of our hand
The sins of our tongue
The sins of our father
The sins of our young
No

(End topic.)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top