The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN]

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] Empty Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN]

Post by Lucille December 10th 2015, 4:49 pm

It was a pretty normal day at a dead end job. Just flipping burgers, putting on fake smiles for her boss, and carefully measuring the time to when she can go back home and sleep. Lucille probably could have found a better job, but that would require actual effort. Eck. Well, looks like the register guys is going off shift. Time to cover for him. There were enough people back there to cover everything.
Lucille
Lucille

Quote : "I might be trash, but I'm high quality trash. I'm recycling."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2015-12-09

Back to top Go down

Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] Empty Re: Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN]

Post by Danny The Sphinx December 10th 2015, 6:10 pm

It is hard to find a good place to eat. It is easy to get heartburn. She knew she would pay for it later, but for now she just needed something to get her through the day. Danny came to the most spirited city in America on behalf of some work for Prodigy going undercover in the guise of a cheerleading competition, but in reality she still needed some information pertaining to recent meta activity in the city.

Even though Danny held a great deal of ethnic heritage within her, she was not ethnic enough to try anything New Orleans wanted to pass by as food. So, the Our Lady of Far Too Many Troubles cheerleader made her way into the closest fastfood establishment in her green and white uniform and prepared herself for a night of sleuthing around the city.

Even in light of everything in New Orleans being a potential killer, the menu before offered very little enticement to her pallet. "So fastfood is literally better than nothing. Good to know." Danny stepped up to the counter and looked at what choices lay before her, reading from the menu as she ordered. "Burger. Onion Rings. And a water." She looked down to Lucille as she pulled out her wallet from her backpack. "God I hope the water doesn't have any fat in it."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] Giphy

Danny's Partners (Tsukimi, Tori, and Abby)

The Dress Shoppe Danny Stole From Bliss
Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN] Empty Re: Lurking in your local fast food joint... [OPEN]

Post by Lucille December 10th 2015, 6:17 pm

She rung it up on the cashier, and bit back a snarky comment at the water with fat thing. Looked like a dime a dozen cheerleader bimbo, more interested in her weight and body than actually doing something with her life, but what did she know? She worked minimum wage. "Alrighty, will that be all?" She gave her a fake smile, and subconsciously whitened her teeth slightly.
Lucille
Lucille

Back to top Go down

Post by LastFear December 10th 2015, 6:32 pm

Streaking through the sky like a silent torpedo Karns small silver and blue rocketship locked into its target. A small opening amongst the buildings of a quaint little city on this blue and green marble that his ships H.U.D called Earth. Seeing as he needed to refuel and stretch his legs this seemed a safe spot to land.

Just as he lowered below the clouds he activated a cloaking device that made him appear as nothing more then a cloud drifting lazily. Dust kicked up around him as he settled in a alley tucked behind stone buildings. As his pod opened the smell of dead meat and dirt filled his nostrils, turning his stomach.

Looking around, the alley seemed abandoned but commotion could be heard in the not far off distance. Stretching his legs Karn dusted off his pilot suit and raised his arms over his head getting the stiff body to crack and groan.

Karn needed to find a suitable fuel source and some nourishment before he could begin exploration of his new temporary home.

Last edited by LastFear on December 10th 2015, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
LastFear
LastFear

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2015-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Blackburn December 10th 2015, 6:33 pm

Chase slowly walked in wearing completely black sunglasses and lightly waving a cane on the ground. Even though he really didn't need to, it'd be really weird if people saw some blind guy walking around with ease, so he had to have the cane to keep up his blind facade.

While technically he couldn't see, he could arguably see better than anyone else in the building. Since The Veil took his sight, he's been completely relying off of echo-location to get around everywhere. Now he makes high pitched clicks so he can see.

He made it look like he accidentally tapped some cheerleader's foot in front of him at the line. "Sorry... Is this the line?" Chase said, trying to sound completely unaware of everything.

The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" ~ Distubred

Number of posts : 124
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvbiGp_Evgo
Registration date : 2015-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx December 10th 2015, 6:49 pm

"Yep, that will do it." Paying for the food with money would only be half the price, but at least Danny could check off hunger as being something to distract her from her later duties. Where she would start still remained up in the air, but in a city as vibrant as New Orleans, she decided once the night began, something would pop out of no where and give her a clue.

"You're asking if the thing I'm standing in is the line?" Danny looked the guy bumping her shoes over once. "Yeah. It's the line."

"You haven't happened to notice anything weird going on in the area lately?" Might as well use the brief time waiting for her food to start the investigation. "They say New Orleans is strange, but I'm guessing you would know a little more about it than just what people say." Danny would wait for her food to arrive for Lucille to give her any information she could get.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucille December 10th 2015, 7:03 pm

"Meh, just your typical brand of New Orleans weirdness. Crazy hobos, voodoo enthusiasts, people who still have Halloween decorations up because they're too lazy to take them down..." She gave a somewhat forced grin at that last one. She really didn't feel like getting the ladder out. "Anyways, I'm not the one to ask about that. Don't really pay much attention to the news."
Lucille
Lucille

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Blackburn December 10th 2015, 8:58 pm

Chase positions himself behind the cheerleader. Clicking, particularly focusing on his wallet, he thinks twenty dollars... That should be enough for a baconator, some fries, and a large drink.

A month ago, he was in California. He was permanently blinded by The Veil and being beaten pretty badly. Someone must have called an ambulance while he was unconscious in the streets of L.A., because he woke up in a hospital with fragments of metal removed, which allowed him to fully heal. Not wanting a chance to encounter that guy again, Chase fled California on the first plane he snuck onto, and it ended up going to New Orleans. Now he was hungry and here.

The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" ~ Distubred

Back to top Go down

Post by LastFear December 10th 2015, 9:18 pm

Turning the corner a gaudy brightly lit building seemed to be teeming with this planets life force. There clothing was strange; one showing much flesh and the other poking about with a stick, then a rather dead eyed one sat behind the partition. The smell of dead flesh seemed to be radiating out of this location.

Making sure his rifle hung on his back over his trusty blade Karn gathered his thoughts and slowly made his way to the door. Resting his hand on the cold steel he analyzed the room once more before quietly slipping in.

The lights inside flickered and buzzed in a obnoxious way that hurt Karns head. This building seemed like it must be built for torture but the bright colors and images make a strange contradiction. But the menus gave the impression of a bar. Slipping into one of the booths along the wall, Karn quietly sat hoping not to draw to much attention.

LastFear
LastFear

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx December 10th 2015, 9:33 pm

Information did not come too easily, but that was life. Once Danny took her food, she realized the walking stick on the man behind her. Her eyes grew wide in shock, but she decided to merely walk away without admitting to the man about her rude comments to his disability. Instead she opted to simply adapt an Indian accent to thank Lucille for her food and then scattered towards the back of the restaurant.

Reeling back from the rudeness of telling a blind man off, Danny pushed her tray down on a table and grabbed an onion ring. Then she saw the man with a rifle. "What the Hell?" Danny felt like asking about the policy the store had on carrying weapons, but the look of the man sitting on the other side of the room seemed like he would not respond nicely to being told to disarm himself.

Danny quickly finished off her onion rings and prepared for her burger. The quicker she could eat, the quicker she would be out on the streets, looking for- well to be honest, she probably already found what she needed to find. "Might as well finish before things get really bad." They were easy enough words to mutter. Danny prepared her bracelet for what would come next. Carrying an odd rifle around rose this guys freak flag high to Danny and she knew something bad would transpire from this endeavor.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucille December 10th 2015, 10:09 pm

Okay, what the hell was that guy and why the hell was he carrying a weapon? This couldn't end in any other way than a fight, and she didn't feel like dying anytime soon. Police wouldn't really help here, this was probably a super thing. Its a good thing she technically was one, even though her power was almost completely useless. Trying to be sneaky, she turned up the brightness of the overhead lights, already making calculations to weaponize them if needed.
Lucille
Lucille

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Blackburn December 10th 2015, 10:19 pm

Chase walked up to the counter, swinging his stick and stopping when it hit the counter. "Hi there. Does this place sell baconators? Chase asked, feeding his facade of a blind man.

Chase was completely aware of the alien in the room, but it was best not to acknowledge it unless he absolutely had to. His confidence in his abilities made him sure that if all he had was that rifle and no actual abilities to him, taking him on would be a simple task. Granted, he was losing confidence in the reliability of his powers after being beaten by someone without any powers...

The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by LastFear December 10th 2015, 10:31 pm

Wether it was from acceptance of strangers or fear, the soft pink ones seemed to ignore Karn. First encounters were always risky on new planets, not everywhere is as accepting as this place seemed at first glance. The locals shot quick glances at the stranger but seemed more interested in the junk on there brightly colored trays.

Feeling a pain in his stomach Karn decided this place must be some sort of eatery despite the awful smell. Placing his hands on the table he slowly slid out of the booth and headed towards the drone behind the counter. Karn had seen the face of a slave before and this little one had the same blank stare of a enslaved man.

Now standing in front of the counter Karn realized he did not know what language they spoke here. Hoping they were a smart race that spoke several like most of the intergalactic beings he came into contact with he spoke slowly in his native language. "I would like one meal" To the uninformed this sounded like a high pitched aggressive growl followed by a focused look staring directly into the small ones eyes.

LastFear
LastFear

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx December 10th 2015, 10:45 pm

The impressive display of weirdness before her brought Danny back into the moment of what the restaurant contained. A snarl and several growls barked out as the strange creature approached the counter to order. None seemed very appeasing or happy to the situation, so Danny decided it was her job to figure out exactly what the best way of taking care of this problem would be. She finished the last bite of her burger and stepped into the fray, bumping into the man she assumed to be blind for a second time. She already used the Indian accent once, so she decided to go with a Filipino accent this time for her apology.

"Excuse me." Danny took it upon herself to intercede and speak for the estranged alien. "I believe he does not necessarily come in peace, judging by the weapon, but at the same time, may not be all that violent and aggressive." While she took the role of intergalactic speaker, she kept her right hand on her bracelet, making sure she would have a weapon in case anything went bad. "He might just want food? Or possibly money?" After trying to gauge an answer from the grunts, Danny would look back to Lucille. "Maybe start with burgers and see where that gets you. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I can beat this guy down, but it might not be great to start with that."

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Blackburn December 10th 2015, 11:24 pm

"Psst", Chase whispered to Danny, then continued with "I think he's the odd individual you were looking for" pointing at the alien with a slight smile. "Don't worry, if he tries anything, I'll put him down real quick." He said with completely certainty, knowing she was either going to be extremely confused or reassured in the fact that she isn't the only hero here.

The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top