The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss))

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) Empty The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss))

Post by Arcana August 4th 2011, 11:55 pm

He was not too pleased with the selection at all, mostly because he wanted to make sure Alice was taken care of. Though that possibility was thrown out of the window with her being placed in another group. He was unsure what would happen on this venture, but he knew he could handle it for the most. Not like he could die that easily, or so he hoped was the case. Sean didn't know the true limits of his skins durability. It was just a hunch though he didn't really know at the time. Now he was more, or less guessing at it now. Not like he wanted to go out pissing off the strongest to test what he could do. Though this was perfect for him, so Sean made sure to pay careful attention to the whirr of the helicoptor blade. It was somewhat hypnotic to his ears, but he tried to stay concious. Eyes drifting over to Scarletta, as the mortar started. The helicoptor started to sway in its route, it was going down! Sean didn't really know how to react to the sudden distress of the situation. The pilot even seemed flustered by the emergency. Not a good thing about this at all. Soon the helicoptor went for a nosedive, as he could hear the voice int he back of his head. Eyes sighting the water they were headed for in the blur of movement. "Not good at all, try not to drown." it cackled, as he felt his body hit the cold blackness.

Sean took a big gulp of air before he went under, he knew his lungs could hold a deep breath for a while, but eventually they would give out. Sean knew he could die like this. His legs kicked futily, as he tried to swim. His body refused to work, he felt the crippling fear take ahold of him. He was going to die, without even having done anything. He couldn't die, not in a place like this. Sean felt himself sink even further as the water over took him, mind not giving a coheren thought at all. All it screamed to do was not die, he didn't want to die. Still his arms tried to bring him to the surface, which failed miserably. He could control water, yet he couldn't swim, how pathetic was he? He gave up, as his arms became heavy, and he fell down. "Are you really giving up Sean? Is this really how you want to die? It's too sad to bear, you know a way out. Just think of it." The neutral voice chimed into his ear, calmly. Then he realized, he didn't need to swim to get out of this.

Concentrating he felt the water beneath him condense, pushing him up to the surface. Till it sent him flying out of the murky depths. With a thought, the water beneath him condensed enough for him to land on like solid ground. Sean pulled himself up to his feet. In the disance he saw what looked like oil pumps. It interested him, though also a thought assed through his mind. He couldn't pull this little trick for too long, so he would need a boat. Unless he wanted to have another swimming lesson. Sean first had to find Scarletta, as well as that guy they were with. Though he didn't trust him at all. He just wasn't someoen Sean felt like he would be able to rely on in this situation. "Scar! Where are you?!?" Sean called for her, cupping his hands around his mouth. This was not a very good situation, he was alone in an unfamilar place. With the creeping suspicion that he was being watched.

He made sure to keep the grip on his sword tightly, as he walked along the surface of the water slowly. Still glad he had this trick up his sleeve, incase of situations like this. Though right now Scarletta had to be found if he was to have anything happen. Though for now he had to head on out tot he Oil Pumps. Slowly walking along as he looked for Scar, though he saw the mangled arm of what seemed like one of the pilots. Sean grimaced, turning away as he continued onward. "I thought you were used to the sight of death. Why so scared of a litle arm?" The mocking voice asked.

"They didn't deserve to die, its not fair. Its the fault of whoever is doing all this." Sean answered the voice outloud, unsure if he was along, or not. He knew what the voice was getting at, he was a murderer. Nothing more, and nothing less. Though how could he be, he only killed evil people. So didn't that make him a good person? "How did I get into this mess?" Sean bemoaned. Not even sure what the hell to do now.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) Empty Re: The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss))

Post by Da Boss August 5th 2011, 4:51 am

Ivan scanned his teammates casually, he had been paired with the group under seemingly random pretenses, he looked the young boy up and down "Just a kid" he thought to himself "What the fuck would the military need a kid for, ain't cut out for war" he continued in his mind, a little dismayed, he guessed he couldn't deduce what the boys powers were and so couldn't tell if the kid belonged here or not, he brushed it off.

A sidelong glance allowed him to size the woman up, she was an older woman, though still young, in her thirties Ivan guessed, she was stunning by all accounts, though Ivan felt only a slight stirring of desire, nothing to cloud his judgment, never anything to cloud his judgment, that was his way, he couldn't divulge much from the glance so he decided to just keep his eyes on the clouds in front of him.

Ivans chin perked up an inch, did he? Yes. It was. The telltale hiss of hydraulics failure, Ivan had heard it before, too many times by his count, so he knew all too well what was going to happen next.

The aircraft wobbled in mid flight, Ivan took a moment to brace himself against the helicopters hull, sticking close to the side by the opening, he had to wait till he knew what direction the chopper would fall in so that he could know which way he needed to jump. The copter slowly leaned forward, beginning its nosedive, Ivan took the chance to leap out of the doorway into the open air before it started spiraling, so he'd be clear of the blades.

Ivan free-fell through the air, the wind rushing past his face and tearing at his clothes before he finally slammed into the water at full force, though his instincts and training allowed him to take the perfect position to cushion his impact and so a few moments later he swam back up to the surface with minimal effort, as he did so he noticed the young boy burst from the depths and slowly make his way back to shore, Ivan made his way there just behind the boy, he scanned the surrounding brush of the swamp, he knew they were being watched, could feel it, but he didn't want to run off into the dense fauna, he turned and waited for any sign of the woman, keeping alert to what dangers might be watching them.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss)) Empty Re: The Impact:Bloodbaths, and boats((closed to Ember, and Da Boss))

Post by Ember_Fangs August 5th 2011, 1:28 pm

Scarletta was worrying away at her lip when her and Pain had exchanged a bitter sweet bye on passing and a good luck. He didn't look that happy she was there but to hell with it. She was going to help all she could, it was her home now and to hell was she going to let someone stop her from defending it with all her power. She made her way to her own group, silently praying she would get along with these people and praying there weren't any kids there, she'd seen a few and it broke her heart. How could their parents let them come to a zone like this? If she had to she'd have locked her kids in a bomb proof shelter to keep them safe and as far away from this as possible. At last her number was visible and she glanced at the helicopter with a wary look. The little thing didn't look at all stable and it made Scar's stomach churn in worried circles. The only flying she had been comfortable with had been her own wings when she was joined with Faith. Having felt that feeling, her muscles working and the gentle way of flight, well a plane felt jerky and unnatural, a helicopter was just plain pushing it.

Her green eyes wondered down to where her team mates were, her hands on the back of her head. She almost stopped in her tracks. Sean was leaning against the copter glaring at another group. Following his look she noticed a young girl in a group being piled in to a copter with a worried glance to Sean. Ah, friends. She gave a weak smile at Sean; she wasn't going to promise the girl would be fine but she was vividly promising now that she would protect Sean with her life. She'd met his mother and she seemed nice enough, and Pain did care. If she couldn't keep Pain from doing something stupid she'd keep the mini him from doing so. She just nodded to the men before they were all shoved in the copter, She glanced to the pilots and frowned. One of them was just a kid, probably about Sean's age. He gave her a grateful smile and then helped her up.
"Hey kid, what's your name?" she asked softly, the other man in front was doing checks and the young man looked out of place.
"M-me?" the man stuttered then smiled. "I'm Daniel, Private Daniel mam. It's nice to see some English flesh over here to help us out," he smiled cockily. "Seeing as though we saved your ass in WW1," he winked. Scar laughed and patted his shoulder.
"Unfortunately my country paid you back by saving your ass in WW2," she winked and the man blinked in shock. "Looks like you'll be owing us a favour now," she winked teasingly at the boy laughed, obviously more relaxed. He tipped his hat and helped her in.
"Yes ma'am," he smiled and shut the door behind Sean; Scar sandwiched between the men which made her feel even more nervous. The Copter rose and shot off giving Scar a moment to glance at the other guy. He looked fine, didn't look like an evil guy about to slit their throats, in fact he just looked as if he'd smelt something bad. Before she knew it he was up and about to dive and the helicopter was plummeting down to the ground. Scar swore and tried to get her belt off but, of course, it was stuck.

Cursing she managed to take a deep breath before they went under. Feeding the metal some fire as best she could under water she managed to get the belt off of her. Thankfully Scar was a brilliant swimmer. She'd been on the Swim team for 7 years and had done a life saving course at university with the team there. If her journalist career had failed she'd wanted to be a life guard. The copter was going down fast and she tried to push against the ceiling. When she opened her eyes it hurt but she had to see here she was. Forcing her eyes open she glanced around. The copter was empty now, thankfully Sean had got out and the other man and a pilot but the other kid... Scar mentally cursed and swam forward, aware of the drag and the ache in her chest. Sure enough the boy was out cold, seat belt stuck. managing to snap the belt in the same way she'd broke hers she dragged the boys dead weight body out of the chair and swam to the smashed door the other pilot had gone out of. It was covered in blood though. Brushing her fingers over the mark on the metal she frowned. It looked like they had been hit. Oh holy crap they had, something had hit them out of the sky. Pushing up with all her strength she dragged the boy up with her to the surface of the water.

When she broke the surface she coughed and then panted, looking round for the site of land.
"Just hang in there kid, you need to help me save my country remember?" she trod water and finally she could see Sean and the other guy heading to the ladder of an oil rig. She was getting tired holding the man as well but to hell was she leaving him behind. She knew he was dead, hell his legs were twisted weird and there was no pulse in his neck but nobody deserved to die like this and be left. She was about to kick out and swim when something grabbed the man she was holding and yanked down, dragging Scar under to without giving her a chance to hold her breath. She yanked back but the man was dead and she needed air. Reluctantly she just grabbed the man's dog tags and yanked them off of him, kicking up she gasped and dragged in lungfuls of air and water. Coughing she swam for her team mates.

It seemed like hours before she reached the ladder and gritted her teeth as she slowly managed to pull herself up. A few times she slipped and winced as she bashed her knee on the rungs of the ladder. Finally though she got to the top where both men were probably waiting now, she had taken a long while having been the deepest under water. When she reached the top she coughed up the rest of the murk water and dragged in a well needed long lungful of air.
"Are you both okay?" she glanced them over as she put on the boys dog tags and glanced up at the questioning looks. "Something dragged that boy under which means we're not alone and this place isn't a good place to stay, come on, we need a boat," she lugged off her leather jacket and tied it round her waist.
"I'm Scar by the way," she glanced to the other man. "Not the place I'd like to meet someone but it looks like we're a team and sticking together gives us a better chance of survival," she pulled at her black vest top which was basically a second skin now. "Anyone objecting to finding a boat and getting the hell out of here?" she glanced to them both then at where they were. She pushed herself to her unsteady feet and leaned on a rail, noticing the red smears she pulled a face.
"I don't think we're going to find anyone else here... human anyway," she glanced at the water.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 5th 2011, 3:28 pm

"You sure you want to go looking for them? I mean sure they are supposed to be helping you, but what could they really do? Not that i'm saying your sentiments are wrong, but they mean nothing to you. Aren't you going to be some big hero? Go ahead, and make your way to shore, they won't mind it too much." The dark voice whispered into his ear, he almost could feel its dark presence breathe into his ear. It was only worried about Sean surviving, and nothing more. It craved the spilling of blood, that moment when life fled from the victims eyes. Though it wanted to push that craving onto Sean. Not as if he would give into the dark temptation, the voice made it hard to resist. He just focused on the Oil Pumps in the distance, and walked along the murky surface of the water. He would reach it one way, or the other.Now you're going to ignore me? That really hurts my feelings you know, really hurtful." The voice fake sniffled as Sean trudged on. It was mentally taxing just to keep his voice from influencing him. The only way he could feel as if he had control, was by responding outloud. Though when he formulated a response, Scarlettas voice caught his ear. He turned to see her, and the guy all okay. Though they were as soaked as he was, just not walking on water.

"Yeah i'm okay, just a little, um wet." he answered her smiling, as he looked over to the guy who looked unharmed. "Yeah I was going to check for one as we speak, you two could come along." With a motion of his hand, the water rushed from his clothing, falling back into the murky swamp, leaving him dry. Though he could still feel the slight cold of the water clinging to his skin, not a good feeling at all. Sean sat onto the water comfortably, though he didn't get wet in the least. Crossing his legs as he looked over the two slowly, though he wondered if they even found this situation weird. "So i'm wondering how we would get to the things exactly." He pointed to the Oil Pumps with his thumb. "Cause I can't make you all walk on water, and I assume that the only safe way to shore would be search for a boat. Would that work with you two?" Sean was unsure if it would accept the offer to work together, but no harm in trying. So he waited for an answer before doing anything as the dark voice waited for an oppurtunity in the back of his mind.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss August 6th 2011, 3:20 am

Ivan piped up, strong and commanding in his tone, he was a military man and he knew how to take charge, this wasn't his first walk in the park and he knew it wouldn't be his last, but the way things were happening he had to act quickly.

"We have to stick together, at least until we know what we're up against, I'll take point, Ive had military training so id like to ask if you'd all follow my lead and we might just make it through this, yes, we all have powers, but whatever this is it was apparently a big enough threat that they had to bring in every superhuman and his mother, so stay quiet, stay low, and don't fall behind ok?" He glanced at both of them to make sure they got the message before he spun around and stalked off, following his own advice and advancing at a slow pace.

The display was more for theatrics, he knew they were being watched, he knew there wasn't much he could do about it, but he wasn't about to let whatever it was that had them under surveillance know he was onto them, he kept a constant watch on the brush in his peripheral, keeping his sights focused on the metal walkway in front of him to allay any suspicion, his thoughts shifted to his partners, the woman had some experience, he could tell she was a spitfire, but Ivan guessed that the sudden crash and unfamiliar situation had at least kept her from arguing with him, he was glad for that, the kid on the other hand seemed a bit off, maybe he wasn't used to seeing blood, or dead bodies, or any situation like this at all, but Ivan could tell he was definitely wrestling with something.

He stopped a few paces from the bend that would bring them around the corner of the shore, they were currently on a series of catwalks jutting out from the swampland that formed a dock of sorts, it rounded the edge of the shore but the rest couldn't be seen past the dense plant life "Ok, if we're going to be working together we're going to need a knowledge as to the extent of each others powers, as for me I have enhanced physical capabilities, my strongest point is my combat prowess as well as my dexterity and reflexes, as you know most normals can have those abilities to, and as you also know im designated as a super, not a normal, you can guess as to the extent of those capabilities" he finished with a slight smirk, he waved his hand low in front of him, signaling the others to take the floor.

Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs August 6th 2011, 3:50 am

Scarletta looked relieved when the boy said he was fine. Thank God Sean was okay, she wouldn't forgive herself if he was hurt. That murky water she'd swallowed didn't taste nice at all and she mentally cursed the fact she hadn't taken her back pack, it was still at the bottom of the swamp. She was to busy thinking of what and who else was still at the bottom of the swamp when the new guy started yappering on about military experience. Oh boy, an American armed force guy. Her lips twitched at the corners at the jokes he friends in the secret units would have said. When he spun on his heel and walked off Scar raised an eyebrow at Sean in a half amused gesture. She obviously was finding the army man highly amusing and she followed with a smile and the shake of her head, hand on her stomach which was churning slightly. Okay the muddy water really had not been good for her but she didn't exactly want to spit some of her DNA over this place. Casting her eyes back over to the lake she chewed on her lip. She wasn't religious but the feeling of having the dead man's army tags around her neck gave her some sort of feeling his spirit wouldn't be stuck here at least.

Scar had that goosebumps feeling that someone was watching her, the hairs on the back of her neck were standing up and goosebumps ran up and down her arms. She checked her weapons as they walked. Of course the knives were fine, they could use a little wipe down though but having been stuck in her long boots they were mostly fine. Her jacket looked wrecked but it just needed a wash and her guns.. She slowly slid out her silver blades with the bullets powered by her own fire power and silver bullets of course, fire resistant. She flicked the safety on and checked out the insides of her gun before slamming it back and setting the pin, shoving the gun back into her holster on her thigh and then doing the same with the other one. She relaxed when she knew her guns were working. If there was another fire bender round though, Sean could probably handle them.

Again army-guy was talking and Scar only briefly caught he wanted to know their powers. She glanced at the soaking wet clothes and shrugged. What was the harm?
"Fire in blatant terms and I think my blood has some healing properties apparently," she shrugged and then waved a hand, a ribbon of fire swirled around her form, drying her clothes in a matter of seconds before gently pushing the ribbon to do the same to Ivan, not that she knew his name at this time.
"Like I said, my name is Scarletta, what's your name? Or I'm just going to keep calling you army-boy," she raised an eyebrow, running her hands through her now dry hair, the ribbon of fire trickling back to her skin and disappearing.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 6th 2011, 4:33 am

"Oh an army boy. Sounds like he knows what he's talking about, you should listen to him. He may have an idea, though I don't like him. He seems kinda shady, and who knows what kind of experience he has. Try not to get to trusting of him." The voice warned with no sign of deception. Sean wasn't sure if his concerns were legitimate, or just words to throw him off. Though he didn't even feel a tinge of malice, or anger in that statement, as if he could relazx for that brief moment. It felt good really, so Sean took advantage of it. Allowing his body to realz, feeling over the placid surface slowly, as he listened to Ivan's words closely. He wanted to know about the powers they had? Well no harm in telling him that much, Sean did afterall take pride in it.

So he waited for Scar to finish before telling him. Sean coughed, clearing up his throat before speaking." You can call me Sean, as for my powers." He mentally commanded a stream of water to move. With a thought, it formed two small tendrils that cuvrved around his body, moving independently as they whipped about in the air. "The power to move water with a thought, I can chage its pressure to whatever means suits me. Pretty much forming it into any shape I please it. As well as pulling it from any source including the air." Then he tapped on his forehead, looking from Scarletta, to Ivan. "As well as I have immensly dense skin that most bullets can't penetrate, including a near endless supply of energy, and a powerful immune system." Sean explaind all he thought was important to his power, so he would say no more, feeling absently on the handle of the katana at his side.

He was unsure of what would happen now, with Scar, and this guy. He couldn't fully trust him, no matter how formal he acted. It was just a feeling Sean had in his gut, though sometimes they were wrong anyway. Now his mind wondered onto where his mother was,he had seen her back at the start of this, but didn't have a chance to talk to her. He didn't like that one bit.

Last edited by wallacewells4eva17 on September 5th 2011, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss August 6th 2011, 2:50 pm

Ivan thought for a moment before smiling "So we've got yin and yang, alright, i'm going to take point if nobody has any objections, Sean, you take second on account of your durability, Scar you take rear, keep your eyes behind us and provide support" he slowly edged around the vegetation and, satisfied that the coast was clear he continued towards the dock "By the way, My name's Ivan" he said over his shoulder, loud enough for the others to hear without any strain.

At the end of the dock was a small boat, it looked as if it had seen better days, the handrails already rotting in the inhospitable swamp climate, Ivan quickly hopped on board and undid the rigging as the others filed in, in a moment they were off, coasting towards the Oil Pumps, after a moment of searching Ivan finally looked up to Sean "Think you can steer us towards those pumps? There's no oar" almost immediately they oriented straight.

Ivan sat back against the prow of the small wooden craft as it glided across the murky water, he eased his tight persona a bit with a sigh "Your abilities are impressive" he said with a disarming smile "I didn't quite understand why they would group us together seemingly at random, but now I think our military is hiding just as much from us as these aliens, or whatever the fuck they are" he leaned forward a bit "Now that we're a pretty safe distance from the brush im sure you have noticed that we're being watched, whatever it is there is little we can do, but we have to stay alert" he finished seriously, then suddenly changed his tone.

"So since there's nothing we can do and we have a few minutes, what does everyone else think? I'd like to get some other opinions on the subject, plus if we're going to be working together for an indefinite period of time it'd probably be valuable to get to know one another, at least to establish a modicum of comfort amongst our little team" he finished before leaning back against the prow once more

Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs August 6th 2011, 3:18 pm

Scar did a mini two fingered mock salute as Ivan gave the orders, the small smile still on her lips. Honestly, if Sean was durable, shouldn't that have put him at the back not in the middle where it was safest? Of course she didn't want him near the back, back was always the worst in the movies where the bad guy crept up on the poor group and snatched them away. Usually they turned up later, but of course they weren't alive. Mentally cursing her over active imagination Scar did a little bow and a sweeping motion for Sean to follow Ivan, winking at him playfully. She was surprisingly hyper for a time like this, but then Scar always liked to keep the atmosphere light and happy. Another twist in her stomach made her pause before she joined in the back of the line. She felt as if she were going to throw up. Putting a hand on her stomach she breathed out slowly and then walked after the other.

"Ying and Yang indeed," she murmured at Ivan's comment but her eyes were fixed on the boat. She nimbly hopped into the old wooden boat after making sure Sean was in fine and took a seat next to the boy, being narrow framed and the boy small they fit easily onto the smaller bench. However when Ivan began talking she put a finger to her lips in a sign he should be quiet.
"You may be a military expert but I've worked with the out-of-ordinary for a long time and they don't like to be talked about when they're not around to hear the flattering things you have to say," she said softly and glanced to the water. "But playing a get to know Ivan game sounds fun," her bright green eyes caught the light making them a deeper, richer colour in the murky shadows.

"I know Sean but you," she leaned forward, putting her chin in her cupped hand. "Are like a bright new shiny toy," she winked playfully. "But I guess we should play catch up so you're up to speed with myself and Sean," she leaned back and glanced to the boy next to her, she wasn't sure if he wanted to tell them about who his dad was so she decided to keep it simple.

"Hmmm where to begin... Oh! I come from England, was kidnapped when I was about 19 and soul-split with an angel called Faith. I got split from her after the Demon-Angel war, sure you saw that on TV, nasty things," she wrinkled her nose up. "Went undercover for three years, found out I had kept some of her... gifts. I've worked with all things magical for three years and then came back to America. Bumped into Pain who I worked with in the war, and met Seany here," she smiled brightly.
"I feel like we're telling bedtime stories," she laughed and then nodded to Sean. "Your turn kid."

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 6th 2011, 5:48 pm

Sean took the center of the boat as the guy said, though he was sure he would do better in the back as in reguard to the middle. Though no need to complain about seating arrangements now, All he needed to do was steer the boat directly to the Oil Pumps. Not that much of a task for him to do, he could do it easily. The voices seemed to be quiet for now, which was a welcome relief for him. He didn't really feel comfortable about him talking about whetever was looking over them like that. Since was taught to be wary of the unknown, by his mother who was pretty knowledgable about paranormal things. Not that he didn't know about the thing itself, he just had no idea about aliens.

"I suppose I can start in the beggining. I was born in New York, can't say I have anything interesting with my life to tell. My mother is a witch, and my dad...well he's, A well known hero, lets leave it at that. I do my fair share of hero work, and all that. Ended up working with Pain, and another hero not too long ago. Havent seen the latter in a while, now i'm here." He shrugged, keeping the boat on course, but slightly increasing the speed of it. Leaning against the side of the boat, resting an elbow against it, as he looked at the spires jutting out of the distance. It was an ominous sight, but he had a feeling it would not end well there. His eyes, glowing a light icy blue darted over to Scarletta, then back to Ivan. he felt uncertain of what th situation would bring him.

The Pumps came loser into view, he saw no one as of yet at this distance. Though he didn't have the best eyesight, he had good good enough sight. Sean chewed on his bottom lip slowly, as he thought over the possibilities of what was happening. Hopefully it wasn't some sort of hellbeast. He had dealt with one once, well more like saw one, and ran. Though he just hoped it wasn't a hellbeast, that would just be too fucking rediculous, or demon rabbit. They are actually pretty damn scary, if you've ever seen one.

Last edited by wallacewells4eva17 on September 5th 2011, 7:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss August 9th 2011, 12:28 am

The small wooden craft bumped into the stairs leading up to the catwalk that surrounded the pumps, Ivan clambered up quickly, talking over his shoulder as he did so "Well I had a pretty average childhood, joined the military, got my powers in a pretty cliche fashion and now I'm here" he laughed.

He waited till everyone had gotten out of the boat and were crouching beside him on the catwalk, he allowed everyone a moment for a ready check before he pointed off beyond the facility "See those plumes of smoke beyond the swamp here? They must be the other teams, I think our best chance would be trying to group up with them, whatever this is we'll have a better chance of going at it in numbers"

He regarded the pump facility for a few moments before he took a few steps toward it, turning again to face the other two "Alright, I think our first order of business will be securing this facility, it'll give us a nice vantage point, we also may get a taste of what exactly it is we're up against, everyone be careful ok? When we hit these doors im going to secure our immediate advance, Sean you fan out right, Scar you fan out left, lets try and stick together, also I need you to try and stay behind either myself or Sean considering that your the least durable, but first and foremost" he gave each of them a serious stare for a moment "Be Careful. We need to exercise the utmost caution until we have a grip of whats going on"

With that he turned and slowly made his way towards the back entrance of the facility.

Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs August 9th 2011, 1:09 pm

Scar scrunched her nose up, she had a feeling his history had more to it than just a simple childhood then the powers appeared one day but she didn't press. Sean's story was much more interesting and she listened intently to it while picking the grime out from under her nails. She hated how fast her nails grew, dirt and slime always got trapped under them and it irritated her until she'd cleaned them. When they arrived at the Oil Pumps she jumped nimbly out and walked up the catwalk, pausing to listen to Ivor she actually rolled her eyes now. She wasn't very durable but she had still taken a lot before she'd finally given up. Half her guts had been spewed over the floor and she'd had a broken up, no weapon and she'd still fought on. They were thinking she was fragile and breakable. Her eyes flicked up to the skies then, something which hadn't taken her interest before but now she half paused and tilted her head. Something was wrong with the sky. If you moved your eyesight or head slightly you could catch that the sky was just the faintest of green colours. She stopped and narrowed her eyes, glancing to the left then to the right. She was about to make a comment on it when Ivors voice made her snap back to reality and she just nodded. Go left.

Scar trailed behind the others, her green eyes flickering to the sky now and the before they stepped inside. They stepped into large room with a few control panels here and there and pegs were people could hang up their uniforms at the end of work. Someone still had a coffee on the side, cup stained red... Scar moved to the left, ignoring the warnings to jump behind someone else if there was danger, she wasn't going to use them as shields. Her boot heels clipped on the wire flooring as she made her way round a bend in the room which narrowed to a corridor and then opened into another room. Laptops lined the walls and a lights flashed at her.
"Huh..." she moved into the room and created a ball of fire which she made hover in the air to cast light into the room. She instantly regretted it. The floor was slick with blood, which she was standing in. Carefully she lifted her foot up out of the blood and brought the light closer.
"The hell..." she murmured and followed the trail of blood which was leading through another door. She pushed it open and felt her stomach drop as she slammed the door shut hard and put a hand over her mouth to stop herself from screaming. There was no body, just an eyeball staring up at the door with a terrified look reflecting in the brown iris. She let out a little chocked gasped scream but it wasn't seriously loud.
"Oh my god..." she turned away from the door and made the ball of fire smaller, she didn't want to see the blood. Instead she moved to the computer the blood had started at and began to click a few buttons to try and get it working.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana August 9th 2011, 3:27 pm

Sean didn't think his story came together all well. What did he mean when he said cliche fashion, something Sean didn't trust. He did not really know what to think about the guy, he seemed a little tight fisted about his past. Though he didn't really care to push for more information at the moment. Now he was curious about this whole facility. Given the order Sean took off in his direction. He walked through a large metal hallway, it was kinda dimly lit, so he barely saw anything. Though he did hear a wet sloshing sound beneath his feet. It was distinct, so Sean had a slight idea what it was. After about a minute he found a switch, well groped for one anyway. With a flick the light's came to life, flooding the room. Sean turned looking quite appalled. Blood was splattered across the wall, almost like someone took the bodies, and squeezed it for every last drop. Throwing it across the canvas with a reckless abandon, though that is how a slaughter works.

Arms were thrown around, guts hanging from the ceiling like banners. Sean gaggged slightly, hand quickly moving to his mouth. He had to move on, though he heard a squish under his shoe. He looked down to what he could only describe as a crushed eye dangling from the bottom of his shoe. Sean felt the bile well up in his throat, as he tried to walk onward. Whatever was happenning it was too much, even for him. So he kept walking on, till he found what could be a..sleeping area? Well beds did constitute a sleeping area, though Sean was hesistant to turn the lights on. Though he was supposed to search the area, so he had to turn them on. With a flick the lights turned on, though he didn't like this scene much either. Blood was splattered everywhere as well, Sean gripped his stomach as he felt it rise. Falling to his knees, as he threw up over the blood soaked floor. Taste lingering in his mouth even after it was through.

Body parts were strewn all across the room. It was as if this was just some sick twisted game for someone. He felt the slick blood coat his knees, as well as wet his jeans. Sean stayed on his knees for a few seconds, a few small strands of saliva dripping from his mouth, as he breathed raggedly. Dry heaving occasionally, as his eyes darted over the mess again. When Sean felt not as weak, he stood to his feet. Wiping away the blood that soaked his ahnds onto his pants. "Damn, what the hell is this." Sean muttered to himself as he wanted to leave the room so badly, but his limbs froze. He was unsure what to even think.

Last edited by wallacewells4eva17 on September 5th 2011, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss August 21st 2011, 10:17 pm

Ivan stalked in slowly and surely, the others moving to their sides while he moved surely ahead, a small corridor is what faced him, which he inched down with the utmost care and caution, on the other side was a large break-room looking area, the light inside flickered on and off infrequently, but in the brief flashes of light he could see the place was a mess.

Body parts littered the floor, blood had been slung around the room as if some rabid animal had torn apart all of these bodies, a few things Ivan noticed almost immediately, one was that some body parts didn't quite fit, figuratively speaking, he could recognize which body parts should go where from the clothes etc. but some bodies were missing an arm and a leg, well not necessarily missing, as the body was technically missing all its arms and legs, and head, and intestines, but an arm and a leg wasn't anywhere to be found in the room, some bodies were missing heads, and some limbs were missing bodies, or some bodies were perfectly fine with the exception of a complete lack of internal organs, whatever had dismembered these men had harvested their parts for some reason.

Ivan didn't like this one bit.

He continued out of the room carefully, finding a set of stairs he assumed would lead him up to the control room and luckily his assumptions proved correct, blood streaked the walls everywhere he walked and the control room was in a very similar state as the last room he was in, it was no matter, he had seen limbs blown off before, death was part and parcel of the work he's always done, but this certainly was unsettling, he switched on the power buttons, restoring complete power to the facility, he flicked on the PA and called for the others to meet him as quickly as possible upstairs in the control room.

Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs August 22nd 2011, 4:46 pm

Suddenly the power came on and Scar allowed the tiny ball of fire she had been using for a light, disappear. The sudden bright lights made her squint and her pupils dilate as they flicked to the screen in front of her. The whole room was abuzz with the whirling motors of computers, bleeping and clicking filled the room and made goosebumps appear all over her skin. She still couldn't shake the feeling she was being watched. Slowly she turned round to look over her shoulder where one of the computer screens was flickering, a distorted image on the screen flickering in and out of view to fast she couldn't see what it was. She stalked towards it, highly aware she was not alone despite having explored the whole room and only found an eye. Scar's green eyes never left the screen as she slowly leaned down and began to tap into the computer. She'd only just moved the mouse and clicked enter to try and get it to clear when the freeze frame of the image came onto her screen, cms away from her own face a man's bloodied mugshot appeared on the computers. His eyes were wide with fear and his mouth was open in the beginning of a scream, his eyes looking somewhere behind Scar. She shuddered and looked over her shoulder to make sure the man wasn't looking at something over her shoulder and then looked back at the screen. The image had changed. The man didn't look scared any more and he was looking directly at her, his lips curled back from his lips in a feral snarl, his skin was red from rage and the pupils in his eyes had enlarged. Just at that moment Ivan's voice came over the speakers and she jumped, not taking her eyes off of the screen. She had seen far to many strange things to know not to take her eyes off of the man in the screen. Carefully she pressed down on the button to talk back over the PA.

"Heard and received but I think you guys might want to come and see this... I've found a video of something... And I don't think I can leave the room, actually I don't think I can blink," she said slowly. Thank God she had been stare contest winner for 5 years running at her Primary school. The trick was to un focus but not entirely and then relax. She briefly heard the door open and shut twice and in her preiveral vision she could see the men enter the room.
"Right, look at his face, see it?" she waited for the nods. "Now blink."

Sure enough after they had all blinked the man in the screen had moved, he was closer to the screen now and his hand was reaching out as if to reach through the screen and strangle them all.
"Now don't you dare take your eyes off of him, I've seen something like this in China, fricken scared the crap out of me, let me try and -" with a few clicks the screen went blank and the webcam entry began.

"If you're watching this they've got me," the man from the earlier clips said in a husky, throaty voice. He ran his hand through his hair which was drenched in sweat or rain, it was hard to tell through the screen. "Oh my god I don't want to die, I didn't think the infection would reach this far," he moaned and gripped his hair tightly. There was a scream in the background.
"They're coming," he whispered, his eyes wide and fearful he looked at the webcam. "This is Day 45 of the Infection, my name is John Remus and I'm reporting as the last survivor of the Oil Rigs. The Gangs have gone nuts according to our last report, they're kidnapping Civillians, they have my baby girl. Oh god if you're watching this find my baby girl, find her! Her name is Rosanglia," he trembled, his eyes flicking up behind the screen. He looked terrified.
Bang.
Bang.
Bang.
BANG.
"They're trying to get in," he whispered, fingers trembling as he pressed them to his lips. There was the sound of splitting wood and then metal on metal in the sound of footsteps.
"P-please d-don't... E-er-" he cut off as the screen began to flicker again, the cam knocked on to it's side. The last shot was of the shadows on the wall, a man in a chair with something that looked like a human ripping out his eye. Then the face reappeared at the screen in the last freeze shot they had seen.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top