The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:49 am by Cynical_Aspie

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2024, 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_vote_lcapThe Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_voting_barThe Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_vote_lcapThe Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_voting_barThe Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) Empty The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember)

Post by Guest March 24th 2012, 8:54 pm

It was actually currently Brasilia. It was a somewhat large and crowded city, one that was incredibly scenic and warm this time of year, with the warm sun beating down on the equally warm people, personality-wise. The largely Catholic city was an excellent tourist attraction for people at this time of year. So Sachin's family had decided to set up their semi-regular family reunion. Mankar family reunions were mandatory, set down in tradition. They were looked forward to by all. Especially the part where the reunion ended.

As the plane began to descend into Brasilia, Sachin put down his notepad into his backpack, then grimaced. "This will be something to be remembered...so that we can savour the moments we aren't there." he said. He turned to his unofficial girlfriend of sorts, Gracie. "Sorry for dragging you here." he apologised. "It seemed like a good idea at the time. Then I remembered how much I hate these fucking things myself."

An voice came over the intercom, speaking in Portuguese. Fortunately, it was spoken relatively slowly, so he could use his knowledge of Spanish to follow along. It was the usual- sit in your seats, fasten your seatbelts, so on. Sachin leaned back in his seat a bit moodily. "I'm never sure if I'm back in school or not during these bloody things. Critcism is the only fucking thing I get here. But it isn't always bad. Has it's fun parts." he said, brightening up a bit. "Cricket and stuff- you know how to play?- and football, the soccer one." He took a sip of the Coke he had gotten. "Besides, I got you this time." he said with his awkward grin.

The plane descended and Sachin took some breaths. "We'll be taking a cab there. To the family mansion. My dad's, er, summer home." he admitted. "You probably did a Google search, you know Dr. Mameet Mankar is rich. Sorry." he said, not sure why. The phrase was just a natural one for him, he who had been apologising most of his life.

They picked up their stuff at baggage claim. Sachin hadn't brought very much- just a suitcase for some clothes. Rest of everything was in his bag, such as his laptop and pad. He walked around, showing no signs whatsoever of jet lag, despite the long and exhausting flight. The other passengers visibly weren't in the same boat, some downright glaring at Sachin for being immune to these things.

"I swear to God, the kid never slept even once on that plane." one man complained to his wife, speaking in French. Sachin laughed.

"Some people just don't take these rides well." he said, not considering Gracie might not have taken it well either. "This is it." he warned her, picking up both their bags. "Last shot to back out."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) Empty Re: The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember)

Post by Ember_Fangs March 24th 2012, 9:47 pm

Gracie had slept quite a lot on the plane. The soothing motion of flying and the comfort of Sachin and his drawing had lulled her into a sleep - something she had been deprived of since she had returned to Arizona and then flown back in a state after the horrific things which had happened to her friends because of her. She hadn't been able to sleep for two days and she was making up for it on the flight, her cheek rested against the window where she had fallen asleep looking out of the window and slumped there. She was simply in shorts and a vest top for the journey to Brazil, knowing the journey would be hot. When the voice came over and Sachin gently nudged her awake she was rather groggy and sleepy but it soon faded with her sudden new found energy obtained through the miracle that was sleep. She yawned and rubbed the sleep from her eyes before trailing after him, still adjusting to the new time zone they had landed in and content with just letting him ramble on, smiling at a few things.

She slid her hand into his once they were off the plane and leaned her cheek on his shoulder, her hand luggage still slung over her shoulder.
"Well, I don't mind staying in a mansion, especially as it has a pool," she smiled and then ran a hand through her curls which seemed to be behaving today, curling loosely like ringlets. and framing her face well.
"Just need to freshen up, don't want to look like crap on seeing your mother and father after all," she raised her eyebrows slightly then pressed a quick kiss to his lips before heading to the toilets to freshen up.

Unlike most girls, Gracie didn't take to long to freshen up though the girl which came out was not the Gracie Daniels Sachin would have known. No, this was 'meeting the family' Gracie. She slowly walked over to Sachin with her chin set and ready. Gracie was actually wearing a dress. Yes a dress. She knew Indians weren't to keen on showing flesh to her dress came to her knees and was a beautiful dusky blue colour that set off her skin. The dress was a simple halter neck and slid over her hourglass figure, the skirt of the dress cut in a handkerchief style so it wasn't a plain straight cut and added a more allusive look to her outfit. It also hid the blade attached to her thigh very well. She wore pretty little sandals and her hair had been twisted into a casual, messy but sexy bun which allowed for a few curls to escape and caress her face.

"Okay, before I chicken out lets go," she breathed out and smiled at Sachin. It was the first time she'd shown shyness around him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1303
Job : Cleaner; swim instructor; waitress; journalist
Humor : Russell Howard AKA taking the piss.
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember) Empty Re: The Capital of Brazil is not Buenos Aires. (Closed to Ember)

Post by Guest March 25th 2012, 10:42 am

Sachin blinked in asthonishment. "Err...wow. Really. You didn't have to do all this." he said, but gave her a hug. "I appreciate it though. My eyes certainly do." he said with a grin. "Anyway, I suppose we should get the cab and-"

"Little brother!" a voice yelled in clear cut English, with an Indian tinge.

"Ah shit." Sachin said, looking tired for the first time. He rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands, and turned to the source of the voice. "Hello Dharun." he said through gritted teeth. The source of the voice, Dharun, was a twenty five or perhaps twenty six year old man. He looked rather like Sachin if Sachin was older, bothered to wear expensive and fashionable suits, and kept his hair groomed. While Sachin's hair was long and thick, Dharun's was short and obviously well gelled. But there was one thing. Dharun walked with a swagger, confident that whatever that might happen, he'd have nothing to be sorry for. Sachin looked like he was constantly looking for escape routes, and the word 'Sorry' was constantly on his lips.

He soon arrived upon them, shaking Sachin's hand. "I haven't seen you in a year, mate."

"I was hoping for a new record." his brother replied. Dharun laughed.

"Very funny, brother." he replied, then turned to Gracie, his eyes widening a slight bit. "And you must be the Miss Daniels he mentioned. He did not mention how beautiful you were though." Dharun said, shaking her hand and giving her a gentlemanly kiss on it. The hand, that is.

"Now, you need transport? I got a new car for my birthday-"

"You got a car?" Sachin asked, surprised, not mentioning all he got were some happy birthday Hallmark cards. Dharun gazed at his brother in amusement.

"Come on, brother. You know you get all sorts of privileges in this family if you have a job like a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer. I went to Harvard, got my law degree and got a car. You dropped out of medical school. I can't recall why, mind refreshing my memory here?" Dharun glanced at Gracie's surprised face. "Oh yes. Sachin here was in medical school and doing great there when he suddenly dropped out. Remind us why, brother." Dharun said, now almost openly mocking his brother.

"Nervous breakdown." Sachin muttered, blushing furiously and looking like he rather wanted some cyanide pills. He didn't know how Gracie or Dharun were looking like right now, but he rather suspected Dharun was grinning.

Which he was. Showing his White teeth in the grin, he clapped Sachin's back. "Ah well. Some just aren't cut out for these sorts of things. No shame in that. Now, would the two of you like to come in my car-"

"We'll just take a cab." Sachin said firmly.

"Suit yourself." Dharun said, walking outside and immediately started walking toward the sexiest car in the lot. This narrator does not typically describe cars as sexy, but this red lean and mean machine made Sachin's jaw drop, and attracted the attention of every male in the radius. Dharun drove up to them, smiling again. "Miss Dsniels, you're always welcome to my mansion if you need a place to stay." he said. "You too, brother." he added as an afterthought, then drove off. Sachin sighed as a smelly, worn-out cab came up. Giving the driver some money, he got in, helping Gracie in.

"So, did you like him?" he asked, trying to disappear into the seat. He muttered under his breath, not even aware of it. "People always like him more." He seemed to hear what he said, and fired another question right afterwards. "You have any siblings? I mean, I know you're a good Catholic girl who grew up in that orphanage, but you had any friends who were like siblings?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2012, 11:02 am

Grace laughed very softy and hugged back, keeping her arms looped around his neck as she smiled.
"Well I have to be presentable don't I?" her lips somewhat curved upwards into a lazy smile before they were interrupted by a deep but very English voice.

Gracie wasn't sure what to make of Sachin's brother but she visibly stiffened when he touched her and her jaw firmed slightly. People did NOT touch Gracie. It was a rule, a very strict one she stuck to. Especially someone who appeared to be slimy and arrogant. Her response - despite her growing irritation - was to firmly tug her hand from his lips and then entwine her fingers with Sachin's. She was surprised at the fact Sachin went to Medical school but she wasn't ashamed of him or his career. Sachin's comics were extremely successful and honestly she would prefer him over his brother anyway. The lights flicked ever so slightly in the air port as her anger began to increase - how dare he mock Sachin?! A slight frown marred her flawless skin and her lips began to press into a very fine line. She could probably send him a rather nasty jolt which would ruin his perfectly made hair and give him a limp to stop the arrogant swag but she doubted Sachin would appreciate it.

"Nervous breakdowns are nothing to be ashamed of, you don't need a degree to b good at healing - you have a gift," Gracie murmured softly as they walked outside only for his brother to pull up in front of them. It WAS a sweet car and Gracie did love her cars - hell she'd fixed them up enough. Blinking at the model it was all she could do to stop her jaw falling open and begin running her hands over it.
"I'm quite happy in Chicago, Mr Mankar," she inclined her head politely and brushed her fingers against the car. Now to Sachin's brother nothing would happen but to Sachin - if he looked closely - would see the little flicker of blue before is dived into the system. In about five minutes time the car would completely shut down - the battery gone. With a smile she slipped into the cab and then gently kissed her boyfriend on the lips with a sad frown.

"I could probably beat him up if it would make you smile?" she gently touched her cheek, concern obvious in her eyes.

"And I did have someone like that," Gracie swallowed. "She died on Wednesday though," she glanced away for a moment as they cruised by Sachin's brother's broken down car.

"I don't like him at all - he reminds me of a weasel - a very slimy one. Though I'm jealous of the car - if I could get my hands on that engine.." she shook her head.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 25th 2012, 11:33 am

Sachin thought about the mental image of Gracie beating up his brother and gave a wide grin. Then he laughed. "Dharun's a horrible fighter. I always managed to beat him up whenever we got in a fight, though I'd always get blamed for all of them. I took offense to that, since I only started half of them. He has no spine- he just goes and complains when things don't go his way. Maybe that's why he became a lawyer." he said with a chuckle, his mood brightened and that dorky smile on his face again.

Then Gracie mentioned how her sibling died that Wednesday and his face turned serious. "My God, you alright? I mean, George told me you went out- did you know he plays D&D?- on private business, but I thought it was about your parents. I'm such an idiot, I can't believe I didn't ask! Are you OK? What happened?" he asked, now his turn to be concerned. "I'll get Dharun's car's engine for you, don't worry on that." He said, hugging her a bit.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2012, 11:42 am

Of course George would be a nerd deep down, Gracie actually rolled her eyes slightly. At least now she had something to tease him about when he teased her about her book reading obsession. Gracie really didn't want to talk about how the girl she had considered a sister had been murdered on Wednesday because of a nutcase who thought it was funny to upset people and cause harm.

"Some nut job with a gun," she summed up and rested her cheek on his chest, her eyes closing briefly. "I got the call to late to help her," she sighed very softly. "10 of the kids from my orphanage got hit and a lot more were seriously injured before I got there," her lips pursed. "They're okay now. I've made sure of it But yeah, that's why I went out of town for a bit," she murmured the story rather quietly and then let a silence fill the car.

"I think I'd enjoy beating up your brother," she mused. "If you can beat him up, it should be easy," she teased, pushing her misery to the back of her mind.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 25th 2012, 12:09 pm

Sachin looked at her with eyes full of worried concern, but gave a nod when she decided to avoid the subject. "Alright. But I'll be here for you whenever you need me. Well, not here-" he gestured outside toward the Brazilian trees. "But you know what I mean." he said, gesturing toward his heart.

"As for my brother, if you beat him up, i'll put it on YouTube. We'll see how he enjoys that." the car stopped. "We are here, señor." the man said in very accented English. Sachin started, having forgotten about the driver.

"Err, thank you." he said, opening the door, but the man spoke again, glancing toward Gracie. "Your sister and your other friends from orphanage. I will pray for them and pray for the man who want to hurt them. I sorry for your loss." he said, crossing himself and then placing a Cuban cigar in his mouth. Sachin walked out and helped Gracie out as well. The driver nodded and then drove away.

"Glad there are nice people left here." he told her. Sachin then gave a sigh. "Well." he said, turning around and gesturing. "My summer home."

It was a huge, marble white house. At least forty rooms in this mansion. At least. Loud noises were heard, and a noise that sounded like a crack of thunder. "They're playing cricket." Sachin noted. He then sighed. "Get ready."

A middle-aged Indian woman was rushing toward them. She was actually quite short. 5'2 or 5'3 at the most. But in presence, she loomed over Sachin, who visuably flinched. "This is my mother, Gracie." he said, introducing them. "Ma, this is Gracie, my girlfriend."

"I am very pleased to meet you." the woman said very politely, shaking Gracie's hand. "How did you meet my son, Gracie? And I want you to know that any friend of Sachin's is a friend of all Mankars."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 25th 2012, 12:28 pm

Gracie smiled when the man spoke and then murmured something in Latin he seemed to understand before he drove off. Her eyes lingered on him for a moment and then she looked to Sachin who was staring at the mansion.
"Oh my.." Gracie's eyes widened. it was HUGE. The home she had grown up in had to be only half that size and there were a 100 girls living in there. How many people WHERE there in this family? Weighing up if she should run, be sick, or brave it.

"Do you think we could run?" she whispered as the Indian woman approached. Gracie decided the 'be sick' idea was probably the best. Blame it on some food or something of the sort then hide under a bed and not come out. Gracie had faced down a man with a gun this week but she would rather do that all over again than be in the presence of this woman. Gracie plastered a smile on her face and accepted the woman's handshake, being careful not to break her hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Ma'am," she put on her politest, southern voice and then released the woman's hand. "You have an absolutely beautiful home," she glanced to the mansion beyond then back to her when she asked about how she met Sachin. Now, she could tell the woman the truth but she doubted that would help.

"Oh your son saved my life!" Gracie's smile was radiant. "I'm afraid I was at a restraunt when I began to choke, Sachin here saved my life," she glanced up at him then smiled before turning back to the woman. "You have a very clever son."

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 25th 2012, 7:14 pm

The woman nodded approvingly toward Sachin. "Do you see? Medical school pays off. You saved this girl's life." his mother told Sachin. "Imagine what else you could do had you completed your education." she said, turning praise into criticism in that unique way parents have.

"Thank you, ma." Sachin said with a sigh, leading Gracie and himself toward the mansion.

"Oh, Sachin!" his mother called. Sighing, Sachin turned around.

"Ha, Ma?" he asked.

"Ap ka bhai kae he? (Where is your brother?)"

Sachin kept a good poker face. "Not the slightest idea." he replied in English, and turned back to the mansion. "That was a naughty thing you did with my brother's car." he noted in a mixture of French and Spanish, which would confuse most outsiders listening. "I approve."

They entered the mansion, and were instantly swarmed by a sea of brown, chattering wildly in Hindi and English about goddamn anything. "Oy, Sach!" an Indian with a rather Irish accent said as he passed, "Nice catch!" he said with a whistle. No guesses for what the catch was.

There was a cricket match on one TV, football on another, and Tom and Jerry on a third. It was incredibly loud, but surpringly not cramped. The living room was large enough to accomodate a small country, which is rather what the Mankars seemed to be.

"You want to head outside, or go upstairs or watch TV?" he yelled to Gracie over the noise. "This is everyone getting used to being together again. It really gets nutty later."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 26th 2012, 11:43 am

It WAS spacious inside but she still had that horrible feeling that everyone was looking at her - which was just backed up by the fact the Irish-Indian man waltzed passed her and commentated on the fact she was a 'good catch'. Gracie's fingers itched for the blade she had hidden in her hair - the decoration which held her bun in place was lethal by all means. Poisonous to the touch if the blade kissed someone's skin. Of course she had the antidote too encase Sachin or someone else tried to touch it. She had that creepy feeling all eyes were on her and the different languages which were assaulting her ears were giving her a headache.

"Can you get me a drink darling?" she asked after her hand slipped inside the pocket on the front of her dress and she felt the crinkle of paper. "I'll be outside," she kissed him once on the lips to stop one man commenting on how he didn't think she was Sachin's girlfriend. After watching in satisfaction the rather stunned look on one of his relatives faces she turned on her heel and found a door which would allow her to go outside where a cricket match was going on. She carefully made her way down the patio, watching the game and making corrections in her mind as to what she would do. Cricket was a maths game, all you needed were the correct calculations. Quietly she sat down and pulled out the bit of paper, scanning the note quickly. Her whole body grew could and she stiffened. If they were going to try and hurt Sachin's family.... She glanced around the grounds only to catch the sight of one man walking towards her. Her fingers moved to her thigh ready to draw the gun and shoot if she needed to though she plastered a smile on her face.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 26th 2012, 4:21 pm

There were actually two men, both clearly Indians, though somewhat darker than Sachin. This seemed to be because they were quite tanned. Both looked as though they were pushing sixty or sixty five. As they passed, one of the old men tipped his small hit toward Gracie, saying 'Afternoon, ma'am.' politely as can be in English, albeit accented English. Then he turned to his friend and muttered 'So, Sachin got himself a pet Kafir, eh?' he said in Hindi, both men laughing as they left, returning to cricket talk.

The game itself was pretty interesting, so not many people bothered to pay attention to Gracie. Other than one. Meera, otherwise known as Sachin's ruined date, walked up to Gracie, sipping a Pepsi. She looked good, wearing a red t-shirt and short black jeans. Normal, casual clothes versus her dress. "Hello." she said simply. "Enjoying the game?" she asked as a player on the blue team and a player on the red team broke out into a fight. "Well, most of it?" she amended, acting like she hadn't seen Gracie before, though their last meeting hung around like an elephant in the living room making itself comfortable. No offense to Ganesh.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 26th 2012, 4:48 pm

Gracie frowned when the men spoke but fiddled with the bit of paper and then screwed it up into a tiny ball before throwing it into the bin. She wasn't going to rise to the bait. Instead she watched the game and raced through her mind what exactly she could do to stop something repeating. To many people had figured out who she was to be honest. Maybe it was time to slip under the radar until the world forgot who she was. One man hit the ball and she nodded in slight approval as he began to jog. Cricket wasn't exactly her ideal game, she'd prefer hockey of basketball but hey ho. These guys seemed to like it and they seemed to be enjoying it. She was curious as to why no women were playing though.

Gracie hadn't noticed Meera approaching and blinked when the shadow fell over her. Well this wasn't awkward at all...
"Hi," Gracie nodded very slightly and offered a friendly smile. "Yeah, Cricket is a relaxing game to watch," she glanced away from her and to the game. The pitcher wasn't that good if she was honest, his throw was clumsy and she really wished she could go and tell him to tuck his elbow in when he threw and aim for the trashcan behind the man batting, not the man's bat itself. A curved ball probably wouldn't hurt either - just to throw them off.
"Do you like Cricket?" she asked slowly, attempting conversation.

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 26th 2012, 5:37 pm

She gave a shrug. "I prefer football-soccer." she added, noting she was talking to an American. "In Maruitius, cricket is popular, but not as popular as football." It was an an awkward quiet. The aforementioned elephant stretched out and started to watch some TV.

Meera broke the silence. "I don't really blame you for what happened that night." she said. "It wasn't your fault. Though Sachin should have mentioned he already had a girlfriend before agreeing to his mother's date."

Speaking of Sachin, he was returning with two drinks when he saw the two girls. Suddenly his brisk trot mysteriously turned in a grudging trudge.

The match continued, but blue team seemed to be the obvious winners at this point. People were now hardly focusing on the game, instead discussing meaningless other things. Occasionally Gracie caught mentions of 'Sachin's American girl', with tones ranging from bemused to disapproving.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember_Fangs March 28th 2012, 4:59 pm

"You don't need to translate to Americanism for me," she smiled though, appreciating the sentiment and the fact she had done so. Meera was sweet girl, she really wished her the best in life.

"I'm sorry though... It wasn't really Sachin's fault... We'd kinda had a little bit of an argument - I hadn't spoken to him in a while and we'd only met up earlier in the day. Also," she lowered her voice. "I think he's scared of his mother," she smiled then glanced up on seeing him approaching before looking back to the girl.
"I hope we can be friends," she said, rather sincerely. "it also wasn't a planned crash of your date. I... er... It was kinda my job. Th guy was attacking someone and..." she cleared her throat, a blush spreading over her cheeks. "He was a little stronger than I anticipated," she rubbed the back of her neck. "Probably not something I should be telling Sachin's family and all," she glanced up now as her boyfriend was close.

"Speaking of the devil," she raised an eyebrow but took the drink. "Thanks."

Scarletta Carleen Jones
Spoiler:

Gracie Marie Daniels
Spoiler:

Arabella Katrina Montez
Spoiler:
Ember_Fangs
Ember_Fangs
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 28th 2012, 6:31 pm

Meera laughed, a melidious sound, not too different from Gracie's own. "I'm not actually angry at you for ruining our date- that was our parents who cared more. Do you know how these marriages work? After I turned nineteen a year ago, my parents actually wrote up a full profile of me, a bit different than the one I would have written myself, and shared it with family and friends to see if they had any guy who was compatible. Sachin was one my parents and his had high hopes for, since they've always gotten along- my father and Sachin's both worked in Khan Industries until mine died a few months ago." Quiet for a short bit.

Sachin walked up and handed the drink. Having caught none of the conversation, he just seemed relieved Gracie and Meera weren't trying to kill each other. "Bonjour, Meera." he greeted.

"Hello, Sachin." She replied, smiling. "I see you had some luck after I left that day." she said, gesturing to Gracie.

Sachin stammered awkwardly "Yeah, err, yeah, you know, about that-"

"Don't worry, I was just telling Gracie I don't give a shit about what happened. I don't blame you at all and I don't blame her. The person to blame is the arse who Gracie had to attack- good work with that- and the other arse who screwed up the airport computers and put my flight a few hours earlier than it should have been. I had to run to make my flight."

Sachin nonchalantly sipped his drink in that way of people who were guilty and tried to seem innocent. He changed the subject. "Who's the next guy your parents have set up?" he asked.

"Truthfully? They're still hoping on you. My father thought you'd be the best bet and my mum is trying to go by what she thinks he wanted. Of course, you threw a chink in those wheels." Meera told Gracie with a stunning smile. "So they're just waiting for what they feel will be your inevitable breakup."

"Oh, how absolutely joyful. Remember when Ravi had a girlfriend?" he asked.

"And they dug up information on her and started sending those bloody notes, trying to scare her off?"

"It worked damn well." Sachin sighed. "She left after just the first one." Here he blinked. "Ay, my dad!" he waved a hand. "Ay, Papa!" he yelled, greeting his dad far more warmly than his mom or brother.

Mameet Mankar was a middle aged man who wore spectacles and a White shirt, impeccable looking. Not a single crease. "Hello, son." he said in Hindi, shaking his son's hand. "May you live long." he said, delivering a standard blessing.

He then looked at Meera. "Meera, darling!" he said, greeting her with a hug. "I am very glad to see you." he smiled.

Then he saw Gracie and kept the smile. "Ah...Grace, isn't it? Grace Marie Daniels. It is very good to meet you." he said, switching flawlessly into English with a decidedly English accent.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top