The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Derek Skiba I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Derek Skiba I_vote_lcapDerek Skiba I_voting_barDerek Skiba I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Derek Skiba

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Derek Skiba Empty Derek Skiba

Post by DerekSkiba February 17th 2011, 4:37 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: None
Title: 'Project Titan'
Alignment: Hero
Race: Human
Hair: Black
Eyes: Light blue
Height: 5,9
Weight: 168lb

Character Image/Description:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Costume Image/Description:
None

Personality: Skiba is, and always has been a loner. Mix that with extreme laziness and that would be most of his personality. Derek is very bright and if he wanted he could get a degree in anything he wanted, but he was either too lazy or already knew what the teacher was trying to teach so he thought school was a waste of effort and time. Even though he is lazy, Derek will always go out of way to help people, even if it means putting his own life at risk. He may not be the best of leaders, but he can protect his team through times of crisis.

History: Derek Matthew Skiba was born on February 24, 1976 in Chicago, Illinois. At the age of three him and parents moved to a city just outside of Chicago. When Derek was five he created his first energy shield and his parents knew that he wasn't a ordinary kid.
His parents told him that he couldn't use powers in front of people because of the harm it could cause. So Skiba started school like a normal kid. Since both his parents worked until late at night, everyday after school Derek would walk just outside the city where there was nothing but grass. It was a long and open plain were he would practice creating super fast winds that could sweep him right off his feet. He would create almost tornadoes then protect himself with his energy shields. He would practice all until it was time to go home. until he was in eighth grade when he got in a fight with a few kids from school. Skiba swung a punch and a small bolt of lightning shot out of his fist sending the kid flying back until he smashed into the wall breaking several bones in his body, and piercing a hole through his shoulder. Skiba was expelled for fighting at school, and his parents decided to move back to Chicago and let Derek start again. So Derek went to a new school having to hide his true self. Skiba made very few friends and even the friends he had never got to close to him. Derek always felt like a outcast like anything he did would somehow end up getting him in trouble and making everyone hate him. Skiba graduated high school with no problem since he was almost a genius compared to a normal kid, and went to a collage in Chicago for awhile before he dropped out and moved out and joined the military just as his father and grandfather had done.
Since Skiba was practicably a superhuman he got into the military no problem. He liked it in the military since he could use his superhuman abilities without any trouble, or so he thought once the military found out about his superior speed, and strength they told him that he has been transferred to become a part of 'Project Perfection'.
He was taking to a facility that he was told would be his new base. They wanted to use he strength and speed create a 'The perfect Solider'. Skiba was told that he is a test subject and they were going to try and turn him into a clone on the worlds greatest hero 'PAIN'.
He would be known as the 'Project Titan'. They worked on him for two years using his energy to change his skin into a almost unbreakable steel and they almost completely shut-down his aging system so now it takes him much longer to age. They made so that he could withstand just about anything and crush just about anything, they has successfully made another 'Project Perfection'. Skiba woke up early than the scientist has hoped for, they were suppose to wipe his mind after the operation but Derek woke during some of the tests and went into a berserk. He destroyed the lab he was being held in and busted through the wall of the facility and ran away before anyone with strength could stop him. Derek ran back to only place he ever knew, Chicago. It was easy for a 6,4 man of steel to get around so he had to find his own was home. After three months of travel he finally found his way back to Chicago. Derek went by a new name now that he was a completely different person. He was now 'Kane the man of Steel'.
Kane started a new life in Chicago only appearing when someone was in trouble, or the police need help out with crimes around town. He lived his new life as a superhero trying to find away back to his normal self, remembering his old name Derek Matthew Skiba.

Meeting with The Phantoms- While out one night, the man of steel met the mysterious hero. The formally known as KIA hero, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], found Kane. He was part of a small, mysterious group known as the Phantoms. With his parter; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the phantoms were hunting down Project Perfection's experiments that were sent out to kill Pain. Entropus's mission was to defeat, and capture Kane, but the Virtual Man learned after a conversation with Kane that his intentions for finding Pain were not to kill him, and the he was on the same mission as the phantoms. After having a brawl with the Virtual Man, he took Derek to the Black Knight, where he spent a few days being experimented on. After the Black Knight was finished, Derek was no longer the Man of Steel, but he kept some of the perks from it. A bit of a upgrade with a few drawbacks that are explained in the addiction of his powers, Derek was back to his human self and was now on his journey to New York City, were he would find Pain and have a brawl with him. Pain sent out a invitation to come and take him on in a one on one. If Derek proved him-self worthy to the worlds greatest superhero, then he would try and join Pain, becoming one of the Tough Guys at the Big guys side. With Dereks new powers, he would be a strange tough guy using his lightning powers to replace brute strength, but he had the endurance to stand up to Pain. Hopefully that would be enough to do some damage in a brawl with the big guy and earn his respect.

Powers:
After being experimented on by The Black Knight and his mysterious group of Phantoms, the effects of project perfection were fused with his former powers. The Black Knight was able to revert Derek to his normal body, before the work of project perfection. The effects were that both forms powers were fused together, keeping the superhuman strength and endurance Kane, and the lightning manipulation powers of Derek. The only attributes that were unchanged were his speed, and mental capabilities.

Derek also has the ability to create lightning out of his hands that can be shot out as lightning bolts, or can just be held in the palm of Skiba's hand, and used as a deadly close range attack. Skiba likes to fight hand-to-hand and coat his body in lightning and use it as his strength and defense at the same time. With his superhero endurance if the person doesn't break there hand just from the punch, they would shock them-selfs by touches his electricity current. Derek can shoot lightning out of any part of his body, but it is easiest to control/charge up through his fingers. The lightning can also be summoned at anywhere that Derek can see, but the lightning isn't as powerful if it isn't directly summoned form his hands. The lightning is slightly weaker if it is being summoned straight from the ground rather then directly from his body, but it almost never misses because it comes form underneath the target. Lastly, Derek can summon walls of electricity that block and shock anything that touches them. These walls are at there strongest point when Derek is not channeling his lightning anywhere else, or when he places his hand on the wall and keeps charging electricity through it.

PowerGrid:
Derek Grant's new powergrid.

Last edited by DerekSkiba on March 22nd 2011, 4:39 pm; edited 19 times in total
DerekSkiba
DerekSkiba

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Derek Skiba Empty Re: Derek Skiba

Post by The Black Arrow February 18th 2011, 1:25 am

This application has already been approved. Moved to approved heroes, unless a admin has a problem with it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][color=black].[/color
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropus February 19th 2011, 1:48 am

Nope

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]|
"I aspire rather to be a hero, than merely appear as one."
Entropus
Entropus
"From Darkness to Darkness"

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekSkiba February 26th 2011, 1:15 am

I added something very important to his history, and his powers. I'm going to need re-approval.
DerekSkiba
DerekSkiba

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain February 26th 2011, 11:01 pm

New additions approved.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DerekSkiba March 22nd 2011, 4:17 pm

Edited for the new EP rules. I'll assume this is doesn't need re-approval since all I did was change the names of stuff and get rid of one of his powers.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
DerekSkiba
DerekSkiba

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top