The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Steven Skiba.  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Steven Skiba.  I_vote_lcapSteven Skiba.  I_voting_barSteven Skiba.  I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Steven Skiba.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Steven Skiba.  Empty Steven Skiba.

Post by The Black Arrow February 12th 2011, 2:19 am

Character Description

Name: Steven Skiba

Spoiler:

Super Hero Name: 'The Black Arrow'

Super Hero Title: 'The Night Hunter' 'The Phantom Arrow'

Spoiler:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character details:

Alignment:
Lawful Hero.

Race: Caucasian, Human

Hair: Black

Eyes: Light brown, Hazel.
(In Phantom armor: Teal.)

Height: 6,1

Weight: 187lb

Personality: Steven is one of the nicest people around. He never has a problem lending a helping hand to someone who could use it. He's not usually quick to anger, but he does have his touchy subjects and even though he may not always show, he cares for everyone, even his enemies. Some people would call it his weakness, but he doesn't like to harm people. That's one of the main reasons he is a hero, so he can protect and help people, even if it means throwing himself in front of a bullet every time. Also, under just about any circumstances Steven refuses to end a persons life. He actually tries to go above and beyond just to make sure no one dies. Steven cherishes all life and believes that it isn't his place to take it away from someone, even if they them self have ended countless lives. He doesn't have a problem beating those who deserve it down to a bloody pulp and throwing them in jail, but he would never go to far and actual finish someone off unless there was absolutely no other way. When people first meet Steven he usually either come off as either a very charming guy, or a sarcastic prick, usually depending on the individual persons viewpoint. He is also a very quick thinking person and is always quick to a comeback, whether it is sarcastic or really intelligent it makes him a fairly easy person to have a conversation with.

The Black Arrow: Even though he is the same person in his mind, while working as The Black Arrow, Steven tries to be much more strict and focused. Mainly because over the years of working with The Black Knight, he has learned always to keep a leveled head and never to lose sight of the mission at hand. He can still be the same sarcastic guy when the time calls for it, but for the most part when Steven is The Black Arrow he try's to act as serious and professional as possible.

History:

Steven R. Skiba was born in 1998, Chicago Illinois. His parents, Matthew and Michelle Skiba were a young couple still in high school and couldn’t afford a child during this point in their lives, so they gave Steven to an old orphanage not far out of town that was ran by a nice old couple. Within the first five years of his live, Steven already showed everyone that he was different. He was, faster, stronger and tough then all the other kids, but no ever knew why. The couple that took care of him tried to re-locate his parents to find out what he was, but they never found a trace or a lead to where this mystery super-boy came from. This left Steven with no answers and confused throughout all of his childhood. For all he knew he was nothing but a monster. All the kids and practically every couple that came through looking for a kid to adapt avoided Steven because of his unique gift. No one wanted a kid who was ‘different’; no one except for the couple that took care of him. They were the closest thing Steven ever had to parents growing up. Even though they weren’t close to rich, and had dozens of other kids to take care of they always made sure Steven had the essentials. They even began to favor Steven over all the time he spent there.

On Steven’s eighth birthday, his ‘father’ brought him to the plain field out back of the orphanage, and being teaching him how to use a bow-b-arrow to hunt. Steven’s father used to hunt when he was younger, but never liked using guns, and he passed that trait onto Steven. It didn’t take much time from there for Steven to get hooked, and it became one of his favorite hobbies.

When Steven first started going to school, he flew the grades with straight As. Learning and processing new information came easily to Steven, and he was even given a scholarship to one of the most expensive and best private high-schools in the United States. It was at this private school that Steven met Victor Vincent. Victor shared Steven’s remarkable intelligence, and they became good friends, mainly because Victor was fascinated by Steven and his abilities. Throughout all of high-school Victor was Steven’s only real friend, and after they graduated together, the two left home and went to Chicago together. Neither of them ever inspired to go to college, and Victor was always wanting to be just like the superheroes in the comics. And because of Steven’s gift, he wanted him to help me fight crime in Chicago; save people. With their combined intelligence they created nifty gadgets to help them in their crime fighting. Usually just stopping muggings, or other petty crimes. The two worked together for over a year, and during that time Victor came across some information regarding Steven’s birth parent. Victor traced some of Steven’s DNA down through one of his parents systems and found a match. A couple living in a town not far outside of Chicago. Victor also found out that Steven had a younger brother, but Steven never acted on the info. He decided it was for the better to leave his blood family alone, and let them enjoy their peaceful lives.

(Steven and Victor)
Spoiler:

However their teamwork was short lived. It wasn’t long after a year of working together that Victor disappeared into thin air. Vanished without trace. Steven searched for weeks, even months for his friend, but never found a thing. Only dead ends, and cold leads. After several months past, the police search gave up. But Steven decided to keep fighting crime in the memory of his friend, hoping to one day come across him again.

While continuing his heroics, Steven stumbled across something that he wasn’t nearly ready for. He was trying to stop a robbery in down town Chicago, but he had no idea that the robber was a very power test subject created by Project Perfection. Steven was tossed around and nearly killed until a mysterious man in black showed up to his rescue. He was knocked unconscious before the fight could end, but he woke up the next morning in a blur. He wasn’t quite sure what had happened the day before, so he sat up from the table he was resting on and tried to regain focus of the situation. Once his mind stopped racing, he ventured through the mysterious dark cave until he came upon a big open room, with a large computer at the end of it. Before the computer was a black leather chair. The chair spun around to face Steven, and The Black Knight stood up from it. Steven was immediately taken by surprise, but it also answered a lot of his questions. The Black Knight was a famous hero, but Steven had never actually met him in person before. Before today, he was nothing but a myth. An icon to keep criminals at bay.

The Black Knight explained to him everything that happened the night before, and that he has noticed his; and his old friend’s heroism over the past year. But that he still needed to be more careful. It was a dangerous city out there, and it was hard to protect it alone. He told him that if he was serious about being in a superhero he would have to let go of all normal human ambition. That a heroes job is never finished, and it’s not something that you can just stop doing one day. It’s a burden that a select few have to carry. When Steven accepted the role, and ask The Black Knight to be his mentor it was decided that he would undergo training by The Phantom Knight himself. If he could survive the training, then he would be allowed to help defend the city with The Phantoms. Though Steven wasn’t the strongest superhuman out there The Black Knight saw past mere strength. He paid more attention to Steven’s immense determination, and courage. And he saw plenty of it. As time went on, Black Knight gave him a home, a new family, and all the training he needed to become a hero. A protector.

It took a little over a year and a half to train Steven’s body, and mind to its peak. But when his training was over, The Black Knight made Steven into one of the smartest men alive. After his training was completed, The Black Knight helped Steven set up a new arsenal. And Steven knew exactly how it he wanted it set up. So The Black Knight and him began working on an extremely durable bow, and a list of special arrows for him too use. He was also given a utility belt of handy gadgets for him to use. It was then that day that the name Steven Skiba was left behind, and The Black Arrow was born.

For the next seven years The Black Arrow worked along side The Black Knight protecting Chicago from all types of dangers. From the smallest of crimes, to stopping entire superhuman organizations The Black Arrow has just about seen it all. Up to date, Black Arrow still has yet to find Victor Vincent, or interact with his younger brother Derek face to face; However Arrow has been keeping an eye on him throughout the years, and is the reason Derek was able to escape from Project Perfection. Still Arrow has decided against revealing himself to Derek. Recently The Black Arrow and The Black Knight have been working to put an end to the evil organization known as Project Perfection. With the help of some new heroes, like The Frost Archer, The Phantoms are closer then ever to stopping these madmen from making an army of super solders.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Powers:

Super-Human Strength: 2-20 tons

Super-Human Speed: 60-80 MPH

Master of Aiming: The Black Arrow has mastered aiming with a bow-n-arrow to the point that if he fires an arrow off he is able to hit his target 100% of the time unless they have some way to deflect, block, or dodge (High Speed/FS) it. He has even trained himself to aim and fire more then one arrow at a time (Any more then three and his aiming gets a more narrow range).

Master of Combat: Over the last fourteen years Arrow has trained with The Black Knight to become one of the worlds greatest fighters. He has mastered hundreds of different forms of combat from all around the world, and over the years has devolved his own style that is built around using his bow as a offensive weapon.

Super Genuis Intelligence: Steven's brain can process thoughts much faster then the average man, letting him adjust to even the most dangerous situations instantly. It also allows Black Arrow to think out stratigic plans while under pressure within seconds. Since Steven was sixteen The Black Knight began teaching him just about everything he knows today. Today The Black Arrow is known as one of the smartest men alive.

Power Grid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by The Black Arrow on October 16th 2011, 9:44 pm; edited 57 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][color=black].[/color
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Steven Skiba.  Empty Re: Steven Skiba.

Post by Pain February 12th 2011, 3:02 am

Great application. I will talk to your personally about it soon.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult February 12th 2011, 8:57 am

The two items he has are very good, at least one of them need a drawback. Like perhaps his armor lowers his speed whenever it raises his durability.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow February 12th 2011, 11:42 am

I'll be changing his armor shortly.

and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][color=black].[/color
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 12th 2011, 9:32 pm

Since im now declaring myself dictator of this site it is approved move it now!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow February 13th 2011, 1:27 am

Finished editing all of his items.

The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker February 13th 2011, 1:10 pm

I say no to the standard arrows. I mean, there are heroes and villians here that do have 5 durability and they can withstand machinegun fire with considerate ease. You make it look like you could pierce a bloody tank with your bow and arrow, which is far from possible even though your arrowheads are made of adamantium. Considering that an 50 cal. BMG cartridge (which is mainly used for anti-material purposes) uses approximately 54800 pounds per square inch (the base of the bullet itself is about 1.263 square inches) to propel its deadly payload through the air (and through 22.2 cm of steel from a 100 meter distance), mister Black Arrow here would have to pull back about the same amount to effectively propel an arrow at such ridiculous speeds. In comparisment; a compund bow has a draw weight of 100 pounds max. Even with your 'Olympian strenght' it would be nigh impossible to preform such a feat. According to the character rules, one should have a strength of 7 to do that.

Except for that, I think it's fine. A little bit of a Green Arrow ripoff (Green Arrow <> Black Arrow), but I'm fine with that.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist February 13th 2011, 1:36 pm

We' don't have adamantium any way. It's a fictional material that exists in the Marvel universe and a few fantasy settings.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 13th 2011, 1:38 pm

We should have tetranium its only available if you beat the high score on tetris
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker February 13th 2011, 1:56 pm

No, dudes, we should totally have terrarium. That'd be awesome.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 13th 2011, 2:16 pm

We should have Urinenaium its solid urine
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker February 13th 2011, 2:22 pm

The Pickle wrote:We should have Urinenaium its solid urine
Don't eat the yellow snow, man.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest February 13th 2011, 2:29 pm

Snow falls under the plasma category in my boook
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow February 13th 2011, 2:35 pm

The_soapmaker wrote:I say no to the standard arrows. I mean, there are heroes and villians here that do have 5 durability and they can withstand machinegun fire with considerate ease. You make it look like you could pierce a bloody tank with your bow and arrow, which is far from possible even though your arrowheads are made of adamantium. Considering that an 50 cal. BMG cartridge (which is mainly used for anti-material purposes) uses approximately 54800 pounds per square inch (the base of the bullet itself is about 1.263 square inches) to propel its deadly payload through the air (and through 22.2 cm of steel from a 100 meter distance), mister Black Arrow here would have to pull back about the same amount to effectively propel an arrow at such ridiculous speeds. In comparisment; a compund bow has a draw weight of 100 pounds max. Even with your 'Olympian strenght' it would be nigh impossible to preform such a feat. According to the character rules, one should have a strength of 7 to do that.

Good point, but I want to keep Standard Arrows so I have a non-lethal weapon, but I will tune them down severely. I will edit all of my other arrows as well.

Gregor wrote:We' don't have adamantium any way. It's a fictional material that exists in the Marvel universe and a few fantasy settings.

Do you have another material I could use that can hurt someone with super-human endurance (I just wont name the material for now.)?

The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow February 13th 2011, 3:44 pm

I made myself stronger, and made the arrows less durable. All of my items should be fixed now.

The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top