The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Prometheus I_vote_lcapPrometheus I_voting_barPrometheus I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Prometheus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prometheus Empty Prometheus

Post by Odien April 17th 2016, 1:40 pm

Prometheus
The Old Fucker

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Prometheus  
Title: AARP Card Member
Alignment: Something Neutral probably. He seeks to improve the world, but has no qualms about breaking many eggs to doso
Race: Metahuman
Hair: No
Eyes: Dreamy
Height: 6’2”
Weight: Don’t ever ask a gentleman that
Blood type: Wouldn’t you like to know

The Looks

Not Ashton Kutcher, Rudy:

The Legacy

Personality:
He’s cool, he’s suave, he’s Bond, James Bond a gentleman. Maximus seeks to do good in the world by his own, perhaps misguided, extremist ways. His actions are intended to bring about political and socioeconomic revolutions designed to cause world peace and human evolution and kumbaya motherfuckers.
History:
Maximus Vendea is an old man. Like, really really old. He was born in the first half of the nineteenth century to a railroad and banking magnate and his publicly acknowledged mistress in Newport, Rhode Island. Maximus, like all good little kids with rich daddies, had an above par education, between the various boarding schools and private tutors. His father died of mysterious circumstances when Maximus was nineteen (not the “Oh whoops, he has scissors coming out of his throat. Must be the spring sickness” kind of mysterious circumstances, he just died. No one at the time knew why, and it’s not something of such great importance that it would be reinvestigated today. And no, Maximus was not involved), leaving the vast empires of Mast Railroad and Hull Banking to Maximus.

Four years passed before the young Vendea would discover his powers. He had always been quite apt at picking up on how others were feeling, which was a great asset to his business affairs. While negotiating the purchase of a Parisian hotel, he realized that the other party was being quite anxious, which made Maximus feel uncomfortable. He frowned and wished that the Parisian would calm down, and like maaaaaagic, the mf did. Vendea thought that was the coolest shiz ever, and experimented more with it. Turned out that Maximus could tell exactly how people were feeling, and could push them to feel differently.

Fast forward twenty years, Maximus is on top of the world. He started out rich, he’s gotten even richer. His powers have grown, he uses them to his advantage. The dude was a regular Carnegie with how much he gave away to charities and the like. So he was financially set, he was well educated, wasn’t bad looking, could literally manipulate the minds of other people, had an A1 bangin’ wife, and he feels good about himself morally as well. Maximus has the perfect life.

Until his A1 bangin’ wife of eighteen years died. Maximus, always the romantic, was devastated. He was driven into a spiraling circle of depression. The perfect life wasn’t so perfect anymore. He took up the bottle and cards, but found pleasure in neither. No vice could replace the woman who had been his greatest virtue.  He had made a success of himself, hadn’t he? The world was a better place because he had been in it. He didn’t own anything to anyone anymore. This sense of rationalization allowed for him to write a last will and testament designating who his personal assets should fall to, and then, with a heavy dose of opium and the Enfield from his safe, he attempted to end his life.

But given that I said he is really old, not “was”, and am making an app set sometime in the 2020s, you can probably guess where this is going. He didn’t die. Little more experimentation and he found out that (at least by means available to him) he couldn’t. This was quite the predicament. For the next eleven years he was out of the public eye as he tried unsuccessfully to figure out what this meant, and what he should do with his life. His travels took him across Europe, Africa, South America, and Asia, and everywhere he went his findings were the same. People were repressed around the world. Women, children, Jews, Tibetans, peasants from Serbia to Zimbabwe to Korea and beyond were all treated harshly and denied basic rights. Maximus’ eyes began to open to a larger picture than his own suffering.
Maximus sold off his shares to his companies and used his fortune to assist where it was needed. He founded charities and donated to already existing ones, schools and factories were opened in underdeveloped nations, poisoned whisky was distributed in northeastern Ireland. He continued on with this way of life until he was approximately seventy years old, when he again became disillusioned. His methods were not working; people were still uneducated, developing nations grew stagnant, the Irish wouldn’t fucking die.

Instead of walking a dark path, this time Maximus was content to sit back and observe the world. He studied the way it functioned, and sought out a means to improve on his previous methods. By the time he was in his mid-eighties, which coincidentally was also the time at which his body ceased to age because plot BS and not dying, he came to the realization that his plans to help the people were not working because nobody could help the people unless the people first helped themselves. They just needed a push in the right direction. And Maximus’ specialty lied in giving that push.

A grand revolution is needed in the world for humanity to grow, or else man will be brought to her knees and perish. This revolution will likely happen small scale everywhere, and Maximus will be there to ensure that it happens.

Tl;dr: He’s rich, he’s a philanthropist, and he seeks to help humanity to grow and prosper in any way that he can.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Emotional Sensing and Influence: Maximus can read the emotions of others around him, and influence these to an extent. This does not mean full mind reading or control, except for the most weak willed of all NPCs. It is more a general sense of what they are feeling (not why), and their emotions can be pushed into a direction of his choosing. The strength of the current emotions and the size of the group being impacted both play a part in how much the emotions can be influenced, however, once they are pushed beyond a certain point they become difficult, sometimes impossible, to control.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Emotional Strength: Maximus’ powers over emotions grow stronger with the strength of the emotions being played with and with the size of the group being affected, however, after a certain point they are beyond his control. Remember, emotional influence, not control. The same applies to the sensing: It’s just that, sensing. He cannot read the minds of others, only an impression of their emotions.

Weakness 2: AARP: He’s an old man for Christ’s sake. He walks and reacts slowly, his muscles, while not totally atrophied, aren’t what they were when Victoria was queen.

Weakness 3: his powers are permission based, duh.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s): I’m not going to let you kill him, so he ain’t gonna die. BSed fae immortality, you can beat the shit out of him and he can be put into a coma, but he won’t die, just end up in a regenerative hibernation.
Also he’s über rich yo.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
1) Reaction
2) Strength
3) Agility
4) Endurance

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Prometheus Empty Re: Prometheus

Post by Alpha April 17th 2016, 5:04 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top