The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Prometheus I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Prometheus I_vote_lcapPrometheus I_voting_barPrometheus I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Prometheus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Prometheus Empty Prometheus

Post by Prometheus July 15th 2011, 5:14 am

Renegade Name: Prometheus
Title: Promethean Man
Alignment: Renegade
Age: Appears to be 35 (in actuality 430, but has only been on Earth for the last 4 decades)
Race: Genetically Engineered Human (formerly Alien)
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Gray
Height: 6'4
Weight: 19st (266 lbs)

Costume Description/Image: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Personality:

James is a rather condescending individual with a painfully limited tolerance for stupidity and has a tendency to make rather barbed comments; All-in-all not a sociable person. By and large he has a rather dim view of humanity due to what he perceives as a barbaric state of society and technology. Though, he does hold a grudging respect for some of humanities leading thinkers both past and present. While not necessarily cruel or evil in intention he is morally flexible which makes him prone towards duplicity, and ruthlessness when pursuing his goals. He is not one to act emotionally or rashly preferring to highly deliberate in his actions. He is highly active mentally constantly taking note of his surroundings. With his analytical nature and tendency towards keen observation has come a tendency to make snap judgements of people. He does business with the few people that he can tolerate and is highly loyal to the handful of people he actually likes. Though, this loyalty comes not out of any sense of duty or obligation but rather his disdain for finding new people. Indeed, his mental activeness and deliberate nature is matched only by his physical laziness. Between his physical laziness and opulence he has developed a rotund physique that belies his genetically engineered body. He is not one to take action for action's sake preferring to act on matters of pressing concern or personal interest. However, he has also developed a somewhat neurotic behaviour since arriving on earth most notably a phobia of being trapped beneath rubble due to his ability to endure significant impacts and ability to heal whilst lacking in significant strength.

History:

James Mencken as he is now known was born on June 3rd, 1608 (according to Earth's calendar) on a planet in the Perseus Arm of the Milky Way Galaxy. James' parents were two of the leading political figures on his planet both occupying key positions within the govern council (the Council of Nobles). James was noted from a young age for his Scientific brilliance from an early age James threw himself into his studies. For the early years of his life he go from school to private tutors to libraries absorbing as much information as he could. Eventually becoming one of his planets leading scientists in the fields of genetic engineering, biochemistry and physics. Indeed by the age of 60 James was the Chief Scientific Advisor to the Council of Nobles and presided over the planet's Research and Defence Council. His abrasive and arrogant nature led to a number of significant clashes and strained relations with a great deal of the political elite. Indeed, over the course of the next 70 years his parents slowly lost their political influence to rival factions within the Council of Nobles . Ultimately, James was removed from his position as Chief Scientific Advisor and his parents ejected from the Council of Nobles. A political outcast and striped of his position at the age of 130 James once again returned to his private studies. Utilizing the limited number of favours, and allies he had left he secured a position as a project leader in the Ministry of Xenograft affairs. Overseeing a number of projects James slowly withdrew from society, isolating himself even further. His daily routine slowly developed an almost mechanical pattern eat, work, eat, and sleep which went on for decades.

Ultimately however, James was given a tasking on a rouge project called Operation Fire. Operation Fire was an attempted by a limited number of figures within the planets government to infiltrate, monitor and influence other worlds. As the lead genetic engineer James utilized various genetic samples and test subjects to artificially create and grow alien bodies which operatives consciousness would be transferred into. Once transferred these operatives would be sent to the species planet where they would steal information and technology. For two centuries this process went on with the rouge faction slowly building up a stock pile of alien weaponry and genetically enhanced soldiers. Over time James became more and more aware of the rouge faction and their plans. In 1938 civil war finally broke out between the rouge faction and the government forces. In 1997, James knowing of the impending defeat of the rouge faction and the deteriorating environmental conditions of the plant began making arrangements for his escape. Activating one of Operation Fire's low priority planets, Earth, that had been shelved because of the war. For the next year James went about planning and securing a way through the planets blockade. Indeed it was only in the last few days that he finally set to work in creating the necessary human body. It was far from his best work he had to cut corners due to limited time, and resources ultimately he was forced to limit his focus on the ability to heal and durability at the cost of speed. Transferring his consciousness into the human body James fled for earth.

Thus, in 1998 James Mencken was "born" taking up residence in London, England James slowly massed a small fortune as a consultant for a less than savoury sort. His consultancy extended from planning crimes for various criminal organizations to assisting the police in solving tricky cases. Out of an intense boredom James has become more active as Prometheus in recent years and has begun acting on matters he finds interesting and or entertaining.

Powers:

Regeneration - Healing: As a result of his genetic engineering James has an significantly increased ability to heal. Minor injuries such as simple puncture wounds and cuts heal almost instanteously. Major wounds such as head trauma or severe soft tissue can be done in under a minute. Things such as reattaching limbs can be done within minutes. Though healing from injuries is significantly slower when James is under duress from things such as further attacks.

Power Grid
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Character Image/Description: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Roleplay Sample:

Prometheus had a visible frown upon his face. He knew there was something distinctly unpleasant about running in even the best of circumstances. But as he let his mind dwell on what would be taking place in the bank in mere minutes, he felt uplifted. Almost heaving his large frame around the corner he knew it was almost time. Indeed as he rounded the corner he could clearly see the bank's entrance come into view. Bringing himself to what can only be described as an undignified halt he glanced down at his watch. "3....2...1" as three white vans pull up to the front of the bank. A group of 15 men piling out of the vans armed with automatic weaponry rushed into the bank. "Everything is going to plan" he remarked.

He slowly walked into a cafe across the street from the bank. He casually ordered a cup of earl grey tea. Forcing himself to focus he took a seat facing the window and began to wait. Taking a sip of his tea he visibly grimaced upon tasting the tripe that the Americans were passing off as tea. glancing down at his watch again he noted "3 minutes". Sitting he slowly drank the so called tea. As he finished off the tea he could hear sirens coming near. "Good it seems the NYPD got my package". Hoisting himself off the chair Prometheus began to stroll towards the bank. Reaching into his inner coat pocket he casually produced a small round grenade of his own design. Quickly activating it he came to a stop on the sidewalk outside the cafe and lobed the grenade towards the bank entrance. Glance around to the intersection he saw the police cars come into view just as the grenade was detonated.
Turning back around he walked into the cafe. Sitting back down in his seat Prometheus began watch and wait. "Nothing like a shootout at the Federal Reserve to cause panic in the markets".

Last edited by Prometheus on July 15th 2011, 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prometheus

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Prometheus Empty Re: Prometheus

Post by Super Cutie July 15th 2011, 12:44 pm

If you're sure you want a 1 in SPD this is approved.

Just know that even though its listed as average human speed in the list of equivalents, I'm pretty sure a one makes you the slowest on the site.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus July 15th 2011, 4:00 pm

Edited, to shift a point from END to SPD.
Prometheus

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie July 15th 2011, 4:03 pm

Awesome.
This is approved.
Get on the c-box and let Pain, Paine, Black Arrow, or me know what colors you want for a grid.
You can also make one yourself if you want.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down