The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_vote_lcapChase, Reverb, Blackburn I_voting_barChase, Reverb, Blackburn I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Chase, Reverb, Blackburn I_vote_lcapChase, Reverb, Blackburn I_voting_barChase, Reverb, Blackburn I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Chase, Reverb, Blackburn

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chase, Reverb, Blackburn Empty Chase, Reverb, Blackburn

Post by Chase Blackburn April 8th 2016, 1:41 am

Chase Blackburn
Loudest Man Alive

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Reverb
Title: Loudest Man Alive
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human - Caucasian
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Green
Height: 5'11
Weight: 174 lbs
Blood type: A+

The Looks

Either include pictures in Spoilers, a smaller picture/s for the profile, or a very detailed description of your characters physical appearance and costume.
Face Claim:
Suit & Symbol:
Cane:
Glasses:

The Legacy

Personality:

Chase tends to put himself in harm's way just to save someone else, even if it's a stranger. He acts strongly upon his moral compass, doing what he thinks is right and generally not caring about what the law deems right and wrong. He's too proud of his powers, which can cause preventable problems, but if he knows someone else is more powerful or on par with him, he straightens up real fast.

History:

Chase was a single child who had little interaction between his other family members, due to his parents not making an effort to keep in contact, besides holiday with the Grandparents. He had his fair share of problems, but nothing that was astronomical. He would eventually be reminded of this whenever things seemed bad, and found solace in the fact.

Both of his parents were successful in their fields, his Mother being a biologist and his Father being a engineer. Needless to say, homework was never a problem. Both found extreme fascination with their child when they learned he had the meta-gene. Nothing extreme, he was just always quick to heal. A large scab that would normally take a week or two to fully heal only took a day, and he never developed scars. His Mother in particular found great interest in this and isolated the gene difference between his and that of an average person's that caused it.

When he was 17, his Father faced an ordeal at work. If he didn't provide something for the university he worked at soon, they would fire him and replace his position with someone else more qualified. Every night for the next month, he brought his work home with him every night. It became loud in the living room, so his wife told him to either do it in the basement or not at all. Just when his work was bearing fruit, Chase came downstairs to tell him that dinner was ready. It was unfortunate timing as when the machine activated, he ended up getting struck by the ray that came from it.

He disappeared, becoming sound for the first time. Both of his parents were terrified and furious with each other, paying little attention to the loud sound that was following them. After an hour had passed, Chase finally returned to his normal state, completely trashing the kitchen. Once both of his parents had calmed down, they were over-joyous, his Father continuously apologizing despite being told it was alright.

Over the next year, his new found power kept showing up again and again, and his parents were eventually able to discern that he was turning into sound. Despite some mild objections, Chase showed interest in becoming a superhero, the ones that were frequently seen on television. Knowing they couldn't stop him, they instead made him a suit, one that could endure the fast speeds he met whenever he transformed, and even suggested his hero name, "Reverb".

He finished high school with a 3.5 GPA. If he had wanted to, he could've gone to college and done quite well--he was a bright kid, after all--but, instead, he pursued the path of a hero, knowing his parents were right behind him to support him, and always there if this ended up flopping and he needed to return to a normal life.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Transforming into Sound At will, Chase is able to turn into sound waves.

What this entails

-Sight: in this form, he does see throughout where his eyes would be, but, instead of picking up light, it picks up sound itself. The louder something is, the easier it is to 'see', so the farther away a sound originates from, the harder it is to make out.

-Movement: like sound, he can pass through objects and seemingly fly (it would seem like flying if he were still matter, at least).

-Reentering Matter: when he reenters a state of matter, he still has the same speed he accumulated while sound, causing him to move extremely fast.

-Perceives time: He perceives time slowly in this state. Everything he sees moves at a crawling pace.

Power 2: Healing Factor He has a healing factor strong enough to allow him to sustain heavy damage, I.E., re-entering his matter form and still moving at/near the speed of sound, but it is not strong enough to make him immortal.

Power 3: Super Hearing He is able to hear with extreme clarity and pick up on a few more frequencies than most.

Power 4: Echolocation Due to his hearing, he is able to make out the environment around him through echolocation, and if the preexisting sound isn't clear enough, he can produce clicks that help him more clearly see.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Sound While in this state, he isn't undetectable. In fact, he's very loud and obnoxious, so his power can't be viewed as a great tool for when something requires sneakiness.

Weakness 2: Soundproof If something is soundproof, he is unable to get through it. If he's trapped in a soundproof room with no doors, he's basically stuck in there, unable to get out.

Weakness 3: Physical Form Disregarding his healing factor, his body is the same to that of a human. He is as physically strong as a human normally is and his strength has limitations, limitations that are not extremely high. Due to his healing factor, he endure more than a normal human, regenerating fast, but his skin can still be penetrated by a knife, his bones can still be broken, etc. This affects his ability to safely transform from sound to matter.

Weakness 4: Vacuums If a vacuum is created while he is in his sound form, there will be no body. Like sound, he cannot survive in a vacuum and will instantaneously die.

Weakness 5: Rematerializing in a Solid Object Generally, Chase avoids it because he guesses what will happen, and his guess is correct. If he were to rematerialize within a solid object, it would cause him severe harm. Depending on the object he rematerializes in depends on the damage done. For example, if he were to return with an arm in concrete, he would lose that arm, but if it were done in foam, the foam would break.

Weakness 6: Blindness Due to some confrontations with others, he no longer has eyesight and is completely reliant on echolocation.

Weakness 7: Sound-Based Attacks Whether it be some weapon or a power, itself, sound based attacks cause serious damage in his sound form, ranging from causing scratches up and down his body when he turns back into matter to fractured or broken bones if powerful enough.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

RP Mechanic 1: Unstable His atoms are unstable, which allows for quick switching between his physical form and his sound. Of course, most atoms are not like that, but, if something were to have prolonged interaction with his unstable atoms, they start to become unstable, as well . An example of this would be his clothes. Without this process, he would be stark naked every time he transformed, but, because of it, if he's worn the clothes long enough, they'll transform with him.

Items/Minions

Item 1: The Suit The suit prevents  the majority of friction he faces when enduring high speeds from harming him.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility - 1
Endurance - 3
Reaction - 2
Strength - 4

Last edited by Chase Blackburn on April 9th 2016, 1:55 pm; edited 4 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" ~ Distubred

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 124
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvbiGp_Evgo
Registration date : 2015-10-11

Back to top Go down

Chase, Reverb, Blackburn Empty Re: Chase, Reverb, Blackburn

Post by Chase Blackburn April 8th 2016, 1:45 am

I realize this is a drastic revamp of the original application, but I just felt as if his last advancement really squandered his power's potential, so I wanted to revert back to a time it didn't have that, and some of the weaknesses were kinda redundant, so I changed those, too. Also, in his original backstory, I made it far too needlessly edgy towards the end. There was no need for his parents to die, it works just fine without the trauma.

Lastly, found a face claim that works much better than some random British dude.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" ~ Distubred

Number of posts : 124
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvbiGp_Evgo
Registration date : 2015-10-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bolt April 9th 2016, 2:14 pm

Approved
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top