The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Reverb  (FINISHED!) I_vote_lcapReverb  (FINISHED!) I_voting_barReverb  (FINISHED!) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Reverb (FINISHED!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reverb  (FINISHED!) Empty Reverb (FINISHED!)

Post by Chase Blackburn October 12th 2015, 10:38 pm

Chase Blackburn
"Fuck, my hand!"

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Reverb
Title: Soundwave
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human/Caucasian
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Dull Green, Blind
Height: 5'7
Weight: 155 lbs
Blood type: B

The Looks

Either include pictures in Spoilers, a smaller picture/s for the profile, or a very detailed description of your characters physical appearance and costume.
Blind People Glasses!:
Da face!:
It's a cane! Avoid being whacked!:
The Suit!:
The symbol!:

The Legacy

Personality:
Chase tends to put himself in harm just to save someone, even if it's a stranger. He acts strongly upon his moral compass, doing what he thinks is right and generally not caring about what the law deems right and wrong. He realizes he's a powerful individual, and that can make him greatly underestimate certain opponents, setting himself up for easily avoidable failures at times. On the same side of that coin, at times, he can tend to overestimate enemies, avoiding confrontation at all costs. He realizes he's a glass cannon, and if he doesn't think he can drop them with ease, he'll stay back until he needs to intervene.
History:
Chase Blackburn was a single child, and his family never was good at staying in touch with other family members. His Mom had a good job as an engineer and his Dad had a great job as an experimental physicist. While Chase wasn't without his worries, he always had a good home to return to at the end of the day when school was tough. He went from elementary school to high school with barely any troubles, besides his habit of fighting when he saw people getting picked on, which he learned to take off school campus. He did exceptionally well throughout all of high school, and with the help of his Father and his Mother, he was able to the college they worked at to become a theoretical physicist.
One day, like any other, after he was finished all his classes for the day, he went to see his Dad. While he didn't do this all the time, he did do it quite often. They'd usually talk about random things; His school work, current theories floating around the school, his love life, etc. When he walked into his Dad's work station, he noticed that he was working with a different team than usual. His Dad tended to get into arguments, and while with friends and family, they could usually get over it or stop it from becoming too serious. One of his new co-workers was visibly pissed. He pointed a large piece of machinery that they were working with at his Dad. It started up, and before it could hit his Dad, Chase ran in front of it. It hit him, and, to everyone in the room surprise, he didn't have the same reaction that most objects did. Most objects just explode into millions of individual cells, but he didn't. He disappeared for a moment, but then reappeared, far out in the campus, collapsed.
Chase was brought to a hospital to check his vitals, but, to the doctor's surprise, he was doing much better than what they thought we would given all that happened. His Dad's work got shutdown, his co-worker got fired from the facility and was being sued by the Blackburn family, and Chase took a couple weeks off as requested from his doctor.
Over the couple of weeks that he was out of school, he started to discover his abilities. He could go into a state where he could phase through objects and seemingly stop time. After watching a News Special on the heroes of his day, he decided that he would become one of them. He obviously had strength that most people didn't, and he wanted to help those who needed it.
He told his Dad about his state, showed him what he could do, and convinced him to help him become a hero. His Dad thought it was stupid at first, but eventually gave in. After that night, they didn't talk about it nearly as much as Chase would have thought he would.
His few week vacation ended and he went back to college. He went to check up on his Dad every other day after school. One day, he went to talk to his Dad about what he said a couple weeks back, about being a hero, but he wasn't there. There were several signs of high levels of electricity in his new lab, though, and Chase began to worry. He turned into his sound state and followed the electric marks on the ground, hoping he'd find his Dad. Well, he did. In a ditch, bloodied, nearly dead and in pain. He got up right beside him and his Dad said "Check the basement." His last words were "I love you." His Dad died in his hands moments later. He rushed to go find his Mother, but she had been attacked as well. By the time he had found his Mother's body, she was dead. He hurried off to his Dad's house to see what was in the basement. When he got there, he didn't even try to find the door and just phased through the floor. In the basement, on a table was a suit, laid out and ready for use.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Transforming into Sound At will, Chase is able to turn into sound waves. When he is in this state, he moves at the speed of sound, he can vibrate through objects, vibrate objects by increasing his pitch, the world slows down to where he thinks he's roaming around at a normal pace and he cannot be touched directly.

Power 2: Healing Factor He has a healing factor strong enough to allow him to sustain heavy damage, I.E., re-entering his matter form and still moving at/near the speed of sound, but it is not strong enough to make him immortal.

Power 3: Vibrating Form While his speed significantly decreases, he can make his body vibrate at extreme speeds that allow him to go much faster than a normal human.

Power 4: Super Hearing At any point in time, physical form or not, he is able to hear all sound waves that pass through his ears with varying levels of clarity depending on pitch and the distance it's traveled.

Power 5: Echolocation He can make clicking sounds that are able to be heard only to him and those who have improved hearing that allows him to sense his surroundings.

Power 6: Speed Transfer Due to the state that his atoms are in, the speed he was once able to accomplish only in a state of sound is now accessible to him while he is still in a state of matter.

Power 7: Speed Due to his atoms and the electrons beginning to vibrate faster, he is now able to obtain speeds of up to mach 4 while in his physical state. He is still able to turn into sound waves, and those still do move at mach 1 speeds.

Power 8: Reaction Time Due to his atoms beginning to vibrate faster, his mind and all the cells in his body are able to relay messages faster. Due to this, his reaction time has increased to sufficiently react while moving at mach 4 speeds.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Sound While he is in his sound wave state, he isn't completely undetectable. While true, you cannot perceive him with most of the senses, you can still hear him. In his sound wave state, he is constantly vibrating, which causes loud sounds. Depending on what he does, he can make the sounds very minimal or loud to the extremes.

Weakness 2: Re-entering His Matter State As stated before, when he goes back into his state of matter, he doesn't just suddenly go at a speed of what a normal human is capable of. While he can survive going near the speed of sound in his physical state, he can still be harmed by it, I.E., smashing into a car because he was going too fast.

Weakness 3: Physical Form Disregarding his healing factor, his body is the same to that of a human. He is as physically strong as a human normally is and his strength has limitations, limitations that are not extremely high. Due to his healing factor, he is more durable than a normal human, but he can only regenerate fast. His skin can still be penetrated by a knife, his bones can still be
broken, etc.

Weakness 4:   Vacuums If a vacuum is created while he is in his sound form, there will be no body. Like sound, he cannot survive in a vacuum and will instantaneously die.

Weakness 5: Re-materializing in a Solid Object If he re-materializes within a solid, he will be harmed. I.E. If his arm is in a wall, his arm will be cut off. If his head is in a brick, his head will be destroyed.

Weakness 6: Sound Attacks Sound-based attacks hurt him far more in his sound state than his physical form. For example, if someone were to screech at very loud volumes, he would be in a lot of pain and, when he turned back into his physical state, he would have marks all over his body, ranging anywhere from a bruise to a deep wound depending on exposure time and the sheer volume of the screech.

Weakness 7: Focusing on sounds He finds difficulty in listening to specific sounds in regular day to day life. Often, in crowded areas, he'll have difficulty focusing on what they're saying if he doesn't really focus on what they're saying.

Weakness 8: Nearly useless powerNow that Chase is able to run far faster than he was when he could turn into sound, his ability is nearly useless unless he needs to run through a wall or avoid an attack that he can't run from.

Weakness 8: Don't forget your suit! If he were to run full speed without his suit on, his skin would burn off his body due to the friction between himself and the air. If it were continued for much longer than half a second, muscles and various other things could begin to burn off

Weakness 9: Everything's so slow! Before, Chase only experienced a slowed down reality when he was in his state of sound. He wasn't stuck like that and only had to experience it for the time that he was like that. Now that his reaction time has increased and he's in a constant state like that, he has to deal with the boredom of everything moving at painfully slow speeds.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

Items/Minions

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility: 1
Endurance: 3
Reaction: 2
Strength: 4[/b]

Last edited by Chase Blackburn on January 23rd 2016, 11:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" ~ Distubred

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 124
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvbiGp_Evgo
Registration date : 2015-10-11

Back to top Go down

Reverb  (FINISHED!) Empty Re: Reverb (FINISHED!)

Post by Chase Blackburn October 14th 2015, 7:10 pm

Finished

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "What does freedom mean if I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be?" ~ Distubred

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 16th 2015, 11:38 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Chase Blackburn January 17th 2016, 7:24 pm

Updated

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Blitz:

The Schiz:

The Chick:
Chase Blackburn
Chase Blackburn
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Red January 23rd 2016, 10:55 pm

Moved for adding of advancements.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Red January 23rd 2016, 11:21 pm

Reapproved

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top