The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_vote_lcapLord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_voting_barLord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_vote_lcapLord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_voting_barLord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun Empty Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun

Post by The Black Angel April 2nd 2013, 2:22 am

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Ingvar
Title: Lord of Idun
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Humanoid
Hair: Long Blonde Hair
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6ft8
Weight: 280
Blood type: O+

Character Image/Character Costume Image (Or Description): Ingvar wears heavy mail armor across his chest, and carries a heavy shield made of unknown metals. He also wears an open helmet when in combat, which was forged by a master blacksmith on his home world. Mostly his gear is made for maximum protection and strength, with little thought given to comfort or freedom of movement. Though he carries weapons from another time, the properties from his home world give them truly unique strength, as well as the ability to project energy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Personality: Ingvar the Far-Traveled is a throwback to a different time, as his home world of Vardo is a land of great beauty, mystery, and danger, where champions travel throughout the galaxy in pursuit of glory, riches, and untold power. As one of these great champions of Vardo, Ingvar the Far-Traveled is guided by a few core goals, pursuit of lasting glory, pillaging the riches of vanquished foes, and combat worthy of his name standing alone as the greatest champion of Vardo. These three core goals drive Ingvar quite literally across the universe, as he seeks to upstage the other great champions of his people in a great battle that unfolds across galaxies.

Personality wise, Ingvar the Far-Traveled comes across as dim, a simpleton, and a brute, which perhaps is true, however Ingvar the Far-Traveled has earned his name, and has seen much of the universe, gifting him with experiences that truly defy most beings in the universe. So while he's not going to be creating a nuclear weapon any time soon, he's seen worlds, done things, and learned things that many will never even know of. As a brutal champion, Ingvar has no qualms taking a life, though he prefers to protect the innocent of any race, as any great champion should. Ingvar is as comfortable clean, as he is covered in the blood of slain enemies, and he does not think twice before using his massive battle ax to kill anything standing between him and ever lasting glory.

Ingvar when he's not at war, is quite jovial, and enjoys nothing more then strong beer, telling stories, chest bumping, and arm wrestling. He can eat as much as his horse, and out drink it to, which is no small task! He's prone to boasting, like any good champion, and can be condesending to those that aren't his equal, who he treats with respect, and as a blood brother. Ingvar enjoys his share of women, who are either spoils of war, or conquests of a different kind. He's had many, many children, on many worlds, who he regards with little more then a passing interest, as a domestic life was never one for him.

Overall Ingvar is a hard, massively strongman, in personality as much as physical stature. He'd chose death over retreat, he'd die for his everlasting glory, and he'd fight for his honor against all odds. Perhaps the best way to describe this vigilante champion, is as a true warrior, from his personality, to his appearance, and deep within his core.

History: Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun was born into one of the most noblest, and ancient of families on his home world of Vardo, and as such Lord Ingvar grew up with a sense of adventure in his heart, which perhaps drove him a little more then the average child of Vardo. Able to fight almost out of the womb, Ingvar was able to sail soon after, traveling outside of Vardo when he was quite young, no more then 7 (Humanoids of Vardo age much slower then humans). Brought up with the finest education that could be given to a young champion, excelling in his powerful energy projection, his ability with an ax, and his ability to guide a ship. As with all those who dwell on Vardo, Ingvar became a master navigator, able to guide his way across the vastness of space with ease.

Eventually Vardo grew to small for this now massive champion, and he (As all good champions of Vardo do) began his great quest known as a "Lodbrok", in which young champions of Vardo travel throughout the universe, in search of conquests, riches, and above all eternal glory, returning either in heroic laments at their passing, or as famous champions, who become Kings of Vardo's many Kingdoms. Traveling in his Snekkja (A long, thin, longboat, encased in an oxygen bubble, and enchanted by the priests of Vardo, allowing it to be flown vast distances across the universe), the great hero set out from his home world with only one thing on his mind, to return the thing of the legends he'd grown up hearing.

Embarking on his "Lodbrok" with a band of two dozen warriors, Ingvar headed a force of feared warriors, who soon made their way across much of the universe. Terrorizing trade ships from various planets, raiding many trading posts, and dispatching a great many foes of many races in the process. Ingvar's greatest work would come fighting the "Techno", a massive horde of insect like, hive minded, robots, which traveled from the center of the universe in search of worlds to sacrifice to the black hole at the universes center, which they worshiped in a bizarre way, having killed off their creators long ago.

It was there, in the center of the universe, that Ingvar and his companions, joined by several other notable champions of Vardo, including Skei the Bold, Karvi the Wanderer, and Drekar the One-Armed, along with their bands made their heroic stand. The battle was long, and many including Skei the Bold, and Drekar the One-Armed fell, but at the end of the day, the champions of Vardo proved victorious over the "Techno", whose broken metal carcasses scattered the center of the universe by the tens of thousands. Ultimately it was Ingvar who stood tallest that day, and ever since he's been among the great champions Vardo has ever birthed.

Seeking to become the greatest champion, Ingvar and his band have pressed on, traveling deeper into the universe, into untraveled galaxies, earning him the name Far-Travelled. It's become clear to his companions that Ingvar will only stop when he's become the greatest champion of the Vardo, and has glory equal on to the gods. It's also because of this, that Ingvar the Far-Travelled can only look ahead, his thoughts of returning home long faded, though his memories of Vardo's blue shores will never fade.

Power(s): Ingvar possesses physical powers superior to those of normal Vardo. He has an extended lifespan augmented (although not immortal) by the simple fact he's Vardo, and has immunity to conventional diseases, enhanced endurance , massive strength ([lifting 50 tons]), which is made devastating when he succumbs to a berserker rage, the mindless battle passion that increases a warriors strength. His skin and bones are several times denser than those of mortals, granting him extreme resistance to injury.

Ingvar shares a unique bond and affinity with his battle ax, dubbed "The Desolate One", which has been increased further over time. This bond is so strong that Ingvar can use his lifeforce to repair the ax, though it weakens him for a time. Via this bond, Ingvar has a strong affinity with the forces of weather and acting as a conduct can channel its powers through himself, allowing him to project lighting from his hands.

As with any Vardo, Ingvar can fly, as the Vardo were once thought to be winged creatures, however overtime evolved into a species that did not require wings for flight, and instead relied on some unknown internal power to propel them. Though massive, and somewhat slow on the ground, the Vardo are quite nimble in the air, and Ingvar is no exception. The lack of wings have however made the Vardo glide more then fly, as they rely on their massive muscles to give them initial loft. Landing gracefully is a chore, as grace has never been a trait of the Vardo.

Grid:
Intelligence:
Occult: 2
Strength: 6
Speed: 2
Durability: 7
Ability: 8
Fighting Skills: 4
Magic:
Spells:
Flight: 1
Wealth: 1

Last edited by The Black Angel on April 2nd 2013, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Black Angel
The Black Angel
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-03-13

Back to top Go down

Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun Empty Re: Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun

Post by Forceaus April 2nd 2013, 12:05 pm

Your grid has 31 points. You need to drop 1.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun Empty Re: Lord Ingvar the Far-Travelled of Idun

Post by The Black Angel April 2nd 2013, 12:17 pm

Fixed! Math has never been my strong suit lol.

The Black Angel
The Black Angel
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 2nd 2013, 12:26 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top