The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
BlackOut I_vote_lcapBlackOut I_voting_barBlackOut I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

BlackOut

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BlackOut Empty BlackOut

Post by BlackOut February 26th 2013, 2:18 pm

BlackOut

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: BlackOut
Title:
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Metahuman
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 195
Blood type: B-

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
Ryan is an optimistic individual. The world may be a terribly awful place with Super Powered villain running about causing amok but somehow Ryan will find a way to see things as half full. Ryan is also charismatic and a charmer. He has very strong social skills, and he is usually very perceptive toward the feelings and well-being of other people. He loves people and he normally gets on well with most anyone he comes into contact with, well anyone who hasn’t given him a reason to dislike them. He is a big softie and even through all the horrible things he has seen over the years, he still holds on to this part of his personality.

Ryan is not a planner; he has trouble seeing the long term effects of a situation and will often not even consider that his actions may indeed carry consequences. Let’s just say Ryan is not particularly brainy, but despite this he is very practical. He is a quick thinking and believes that he can come to an improvised solution to pretty much any problem he happens to run across. Due to this little thought goes into the decisions that he makes. He is a do first, question later type of guy. Ryan will dive head first into a conflict, without thinking, if someone is in danger. Even if doing so puts his own life at risk.

Despite being a kind hearted individual, he does not like to be wronged. If someone gets on his bad side it is likely that they will never come back from it; he holds a nasty grudge. He takes his responsibility as a superhero very seriously. He feels extreme survivor’s guilt over the loss of his friends. He feels that he should have used his powers to save them instead of just himself. In his mind he is responsible, for their deaths, so to repent he pours his heart and soul into his “job”. Ryan forces himself to shoulder a great deal of responsibility. He holds the well-being of those he is meant protect in the highest regard. When he fails to do his duty it weighs on him, heavily. He would never let this show to anyone though. Ryan is very good at hiding his feelings, and it is rare for him to let his guard down completely when his is with anyone other than himself.

Regardless of his view of the outside world being quite optimistic, his critical view of himself is considerable more harsh. He does not like doing things wrong, or for that case to the highest level possible. He has a tendency toward perfectionist behavior in certain situations. He has a habit of fixating on problems or errors in his own actions or performances and he will work on them in an almost obsessive manner.

History:
Ryan Blake was born into a normal family in one of the more upscale areas near Los Angeles. His Father was an NBA superstar who possessed a low level superhuman mutation that he was unaware of. This mutation granted him peak human athleticism which allowed him to easily excel in sports. Ryan's whole childhood his father tried to push him into sports especially basketball. While Ryan did enjoy sports, his real passion was music. He began to play the guitar and piano at the age of ten and he just ran with it. Ryan fell in love with the punk rock scene very early and hooked up with a few friends and started original band named BlackOut, as the guitarist and vocalist. After playing quite a few shows over a period of a year or so, sixteen year old Ryan and the rest of the band members embarked on their first tour spanning the southwestern United States. After the successful tour the band was on the way home when their van was struck by a speeding car driven by a drunken driver. As the car struck the van something strange happened. Electricity sprouted from Ryan's body creating a bubble around him. The bubble of electricity mostly protected him from harm, leaving him with a few scratches and bruises, while the collision killed the rest of his band mates and the driver of the other car.

After the crash Ryan emerged from the wreckage and stumbled onto the highway, scared traumatize and in awe of what his body just did, he fainted. He awoke the next day in a hospital bed, his family and the friends he had left were all around him happy to see him alive but Ryan was unable to comprehend what was happening to him. After the crash Ryan sank into a depression the crash that had stolen his life from him. Taking his best friends and leaving him with knowledge that he was a freak. The months passed and school started up again and Ryan was still withdrawn. All that changed in the blink of an eye though. One night a few of Ryan's friends took him out to a local basketball game to cheer him up. Half way through the game Ryan began to feel ill he wandered out of the arena. Taking in the fresh air outside of the gym he saw to his horror that a thug was mugging a man. Ryan watched paralyzed as the lowlife then gunned the poor man down.

Not knowing what he was going to do Ryan leaped to action; he hurried across the street to try and help the injured man. Sadly it was too late; there was no pulse. Furious, Ryan began to chase the thug through the streets, the man ran across the street and into an alley. Ryan was right behind him and, he realized he was running abnormally fast. It was a dead end he had the Thug cornered. The thug raised his gun and all of the energy surging through his body shot forward toward the thug. The thug incapacitated fell to the ground, Ryan stood over the thug's body. He raised his fist Ryan knew he could end this bastard right now his arm began to shake and he knew he couldn't do it. Ryan heard the police sirens drawing near responding to the attack and Ryan fled.

Ryan finding his new calling in life, quickly bounced back from his depression. He found his new calling in life; he was offered an opportunity to redeem himself. He fashioned a costume with a mask that would hide his face, and donned the persona BlackOut to honor his lost friends. He spent the next two years increasing his control over his powers, while finishing high school in L.A.. After High School Ryan decided to move to New York to go to college.

Once in New York Ryan continued his duties as a super hero. Along the way he fought in many battles, and met numerous other heroes who he would grow to call his friends. Though the years of constant fighting and hopelessly trying to stop those who chose to commit evil deeds to their toll on him; it pushed him to his breaking point. Until one day he just could not do it anymore. BlackOut ceased to exist, and he receded into the shadows, far away from the rest of the populous. Well, in truth it wasn't really like Ryan went off to live on the fringes of society, never to be seen again. He simply decided that with so many heroes flying around, maybe it was time to retire, and try his hand at a normal life. He deserved a break.

It was a simple life but it suited him; for a while. He finished school, got a degree and promptly did absolutely nothing with it. Instead he got himself a job tending bar in a club in L.A. It wasn't a bad life but after a while he realized that it was pretty boring. He did not know how to handle living a mundane, normal life. It did not take him long to realize that he needed to be BlackOut, he needed to do good in the world no matter what the cost to himself, or his sanity.

The Powers

BlackOut inherited the metahuman-mutation in his DNA from his father. Though unlike his father’s mutation which unnoticeable for the most part, his mutation granted him amazing powers.

Power 1:
Electrical Absorption - BlackOut's body has the ability to absorb electricity from the environment. This is the source of all of his powers. The electricity is then stored in a network of interconnected specialized cells throughout his entire body. The electricity can then be used for multiple applications. If BlackOut uses his powers heavily for an extended period of time or overexerts himself his electrical stores will be totally depleted. Once this occurs his body will start to feed of his own bio-electricity that naturally occurs in is body to keep his powers working. This will severely weaken him and his powers, and if his abilities work like this for more than a few minutes it will kill him.

Power 2:
Electrical Manipulation - When BlackOut wishes to release the stored up electrical energy in his body the specialized storage cells burst and the electricity is released into the insulated vessels that connect the storage cells throughout his body. The vessels then rush the energy to his body’s surface and release it through the pores in his skin. BlackOut then can use the electricity to discharge bolts of electricity, or use the electricity to reinforce his physical attacks. As well as creating shields and barriers of electricity. BlackOut can control how much electricity he will release ranging from a graded projections where only a few storage cell release their electricity, to an all-out blast in which every storage cell in his body opens allowing for a very high powered attack. After that he will have to allow his body to absorb more energy, before he can attack again. BlackOut can also use the powerful electric fields that he generates to use a form of electroreception. Similar to a shark when Black concentrates he can sense disturbances in his electric field that are made by other organism's bio electricity. His electric field extends approximately 200 feet around him. He can only really senses things clearly within 100 feet clearly though, once outside this radius he can still sense the distortion but he can't tell the difference between a human and say a fly, he is just aware that it is there. It takes a lot of concentration to use this ability though, so he cannot be disturbed it is impossible for his to use this while in combat.

Power 3:
Superhuman Speed - Due to the extra electricity in his body, his nervous impulses are enhanced allowing information to reach and leave his brain faster the any normal human in the world. This allows him to move every part of his body at speeds that are psychically impossible for the any human. At a full sprint he can reach speeds close to 500 mph.

Power 4:
Enhanced Strength - BlackOut has strength that is rival to that of Olympic athletes. His enhanced strength is powered by his electrical powers making his muscles much more efficient so that he can lift nearly 600 pounds even though he has the physique of an average person.

Power 5:
Flight - BlackOut can use the electrical energy to propel his body through the air to achieve flight.

Grid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 163
Job : Rockstar
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

BlackOut Empty Re: BlackOut

Post by Forceaus February 26th 2013, 2:50 pm

You're 7 exp short of enough for 2 points under the new system so you'll have to pay that back first before you can collect any exp for further points.

Approved for new stat system

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top