The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
BlackOut I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
BlackOut I_vote_lcapBlackOut I_voting_barBlackOut I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

BlackOut

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BlackOut Empty BlackOut

Post by BlackOut April 11th 2010, 6:49 pm

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: BlackOut
Title:
Alignment: Hero
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 6' 2''
Weight: 180

Costume Description/Image: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Kinda like this design/ color scheme, but instead of being baggy his costume is skin tight and he has a mask that covers his whole head.

Personality:

BlackOut feels extreme survivors guilt over the loss of his friends. He feels that he should have used his powers to save them instead of just himself. In his mind he is responsible for their deaths, and he tries his hardest to make up for this. BlackOut forces himself to shoulder a great deal of responsibility. He holds the well being of those he protects in the highest regard. When he fails to protect those people it weighs on him heavily, even if he would never outwardly show this. He is known to dive head first into a conflict without thinking if someone is in danger even if doing so puts his own life at risk. BlackOut has no problem breaking or bending the law to help an innocent in need or to protect the community.

BlackOut has also been known to make jokes and make sarcastic remarks while fighting, but this is only to hide the fact that most of the time he has no clue what he is doing, or how he plans to win a fight. He uses humor to deflect people from his true feelings. When he is not behind his mask BlackOut is just a fun loving college kid. He is charming and loves to talk. He enjoys a good party, and feels very at home in social situations.

History:

Ryan Blake was born into a normal family in one of the more upscale areas near Los Angeles. His Father was an NBA superstar who possessed a low level superhuman mutation that he was unaware of. This mutation granted him peak human athleticism which allowed him to easily excel in sports. Ryan's whole childhood his father tried to push him into sports especially basketball. Though Ryan enjoyed sports his real passion was music. He began to play the guitar and piano at the age of ten and he just ran with it. Ryan fell in love with the hardcore music very early and hooked up with a few friends and other musicians from school starting a original band named BlackOut, as the guitarist and vocalist. After playing a few shows sixteen year old Ryan and the rest of the band members embarked on their first tour spanning the whole western Untied States. After the successful tour the band was on the way home when their van was struck by a speeding car driven by a drunken driver. As the car struck the van something strange happened. Electricity sprouted from Ryan's body creating a bubble around him. The bubble of electricity mostly protected him from harm, leaving him with a few scratches and bruises, while the collision killed the rest of his band mates and the driver of the other car.

After the crash Ryan emerged from the wreckage and stumbled onto the highway, scared traumatize and in awe of what his body just did, he fainted. He awoke the next day in a hospital bed, his family and the friends he had left were all around him happy to see him alive but Ryan was unable to comprehend what was happening to him. After the crash Ryan sank into a depression the crash that had stolen his life from him. Taking his best friends and leaving him with knowledge that he was a freak. The months passed and school started up again and Ryan was still withdrawn. All that changed in the blink of an eye though. One night Ryan's friends took him out to a basketball game to cheer him up. Half way through the game Ryan began to feel ill he wandered out of the arena. Taking in the fresh air outside of the arena he looked across the street. Ryan looked in horror as a thug was mugging a man and then gunning him down.

Not knowing what he was going to do Ryan leaped up and ran over to the injured man. It was to late, there was no pulse. Furious, Ryan began to chase the thug, the thug ran across the street and into an alley. Ryan was right behind him and, he realized he was running abnormally fast. It was a dead end he had the Thug cornered. The thug raised his gun and all of the energy surging through his body shot forward toward the thug. The thug incapacitated fell to the ground, Ryan stood over the thug's body. He raised his fist Ryan knew he could end this bastard right now his arm began to shake and he knew he couldn't do it. Ryan heard the police sirens drawing near responding to the attack and Ryan fled.

Ryan finding his new calling in life, quickly bounced back from his depression. He fashioned a costume with a mask that would hide his face, and donned the persona BlackOut to honor his lost friends. He spent the next two years perfecting his handle over his powers, while finishing high school in L.A.. After High School Ryan decided to move to New York to go to college.

Powers:

BlackOut inherited the super-mutation in his DNA from his father. Though unlike his fathers which is unnoticeable, his mutation granted him amazing powers.

Electrical Absorption - BlackOut's body has the ability to absorb electricity from the environment. This is the source of all of his powers. The electricity is then stored in a network of interconnected specialized cells through out his whole body. The electricity can then be used for multiple applications. If BlackOut uses his powers heavily for an extended period of time or overexerts himself his electrical stores will be totally depleted. Once this occurs his body will start to feed of his own bio-electricity that naturally occurs in is body to keep his powers working. This will severely weaken him and his powers, and if his powers work like this for more than a few minutes it will kill him.

Electrical Manipulation - When BlackOut wishes to release the stored up electrical energy in his body the specialized storage cells lyse causing all of electricity in the specific cell to be released into the insulated vessels that connect the storage cells throughout his body. The vessels then rush the energy to his body's surface and releases it through the pores in his skin. BlackOut then can use the electricity to discharge bolts of electricity, or use the electricity to reinforce his physical attacks. As well as creating shields and barriers of electricity. BlackOut can control how much electricity he will release ranging from a graded projections where only a few storage cell release their electricity, to an all out blast in which every storage cell in his body undergoes lysis allowing for a very high powered attack. After that he will have to allow his body to absorb more energy, before he can attack again. BlackOut can also use the powerful electric fields that he generates to use a form of electroreception. Similar to a shark when Black concentrates he can sense disturbances in his electric field that are made by other organism's bio electricity. His electric field extends approximately 200 feet around him. He can only really senses things clearly within 100 feet clearly though, once outside this radius he can still sense the distortion but he can't tell the difference between a human and say a fly, he is just aware that it is there. It takes a lot of concentration to use this ability though, so he cannot be disturbed it is impossible for his to use this while in combat.

Flight - BlackOut can use the electrical energy to propel his body through the air to achieve flight.

Superhuman Speed - Due to the extra electricity in his body, his nervous impulses are enhanced allowing information to reach and leave his brain faster the any normal human in the world. This allows him to move every part of his body at speeds that are psychically impossible for the average human. At a full sprint he can reach speeds close to 150 mph.

Peak Human Strength - BlackOut has strength that is rival to some of the strongest Olympic athletes in the world. His enhanced strength is powered by his electrical powers making his muscles much more efficient so that he can lift nearly 1000 pounds even though he has the physique of an average person.

PowerGrid:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Character Image/Description:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Roleplay Sample:

Ryan crouched on top of a massive building in the middle of down town LA there was a slight breeze in the air that carried the heat of the summer sun away from him keeping him cool. Tomorrow he would be leaving for New york City, he had to admit he was going to miss California. The ocean, the surf, the girls, he would miss it all, just then he heard a sirens scream a call of distress into the Lazy summer atmosphere, shattering the relative silence, it still is L.A. of course.

BlackOut lurched forward sending himself into a fifty story swan dive. He ended the free fall a few feet prior to him hitting the sidewalk with a burst of electricity that propelled him upward again as he began to look for the source of the commotion. Almost instantly he found it, a Silver van was speeding down the highway with a tail of blue and red lights following close behind. BlackOut wondered if this was even worth his time. It looked like the police had this well in hand. He swooped in a little closer and was glad he did. One of the passengers stuck his head out of one of the vehicles back windows. He was what BlackOut had expected to see baseball cap sunglasses red bandanna across on his face. What BlackOut didn't expect to see was him pulling a RPG launcher out of the van and throwing it over his shoulder. "Shit" growled BlackOut picking up speed and closing the gap between him and the action. The rocket was fired and it pushed through the air. BlackOut arrived just in time getting his hand underneath the body of the missile, and directing it upward sending it to exploded harmlessly hundreds of feet above.

BlackOut having saved the policemen didn't wait for a thank you, he landed on top of the speeding van can punched a hole in the roof. He look inside and saw the kid with the rocket launcher standing and staring up in horror in the middle of bags of money which was presumably stolen from a bank . BlackOut reached in and pulled him out. He held him by the collar "You know" he said "I gotta say the RPG launcher was a nice touch, actually gave me a sort of work out. But next time..." he said throwing the kid down back into the van knocking him out. "You might want to make sure I'm not around, It'll be less painful for you." BlackOut said dropping into the back of the van. Before the driver could turn to look at him BlackOut had blasted the driver through the windshield with a non lethal dose of electricity. He probably would have died had he hit the pavement of the bridge that the van was crossing but BlackOut grabbed him by the back of his shirt before that could happen. Pulling the driver back into the vehicle BlackOut effortlessly tossed him like a rag-doll into the back of the van. BlackOut admired his handy work for a second as he felt a lurch that knocked him of his feet, and then he got the feeling he got in his stomach when he was flying. BlackOut looked back out of the broken front wind shield where all he saw was the van falling toward the water down below. BlackOut quickly flew out of the hole he made in the roof of the van and grabbed the back bumper. He flew back up to the bridge placing it down gently "Wow" he sighed shaking his head "that escalated quickly." He chuckled, and flew away looking for some more trouble to get into on his last day in LA.

Last edited by BlackOut on August 5th 2011, 2:44 am; edited 5 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 163
Job : Rockstar
Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

BlackOut Empty Re: BlackOut

Post by Guest April 11th 2010, 6:51 pm

PERFECT!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain April 11th 2010, 10:35 pm

Almost ready to be approved, just one question, about his energy absorption. Is it possible for him to drain the energy of other characters? Or is it strictly the environment.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut April 11th 2010, 11:57 pm

He can only absorb energy from the environment, he can't absorb/drain anyone else of their energy.
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult April 12th 2010, 1:06 pm

Approved then.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut April 12th 2010, 4:07 pm

So does that mean I'm good to start RPing now?
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult April 12th 2010, 4:09 pm

Yes

VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut April 12th 2010, 4:12 pm

Awesome, and thanks. lol
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut February 15th 2011, 9:25 pm

Alright I'm done editing him too, I changed his powergrid to fit the new flight rule. I edited his personality and fleshed out his powers a little more. So let me know if everything is okay.

Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow August 4th 2011, 9:04 pm

Un-approved by request.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][color=black].[/color
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackOut August 5th 2011, 2:45 am

Updated

Spoiler:
BlackOut
BlackOut
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow August 5th 2011, 5:56 am

Re-approved no problem Spidey.

Also, powergrid added. Here's the link in case ya need it- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][color=black].[/color
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top