The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Willy the Whale
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:40 pm by Zonkes

» Urban Commandos
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp*

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp*

Post by Adam Johnson October 29th 2019, 2:28 pm

Adam trusted the human would be able to handle himself. He didn’t know exactly why he felt that but perhaps it was his own intuition which allowed him to let the man move on with whatever plan he had in mind. There had to be something interesting, maybe even something that broke away from what he might have chosen for them. He seemed to know a bit about supernatural lore, which meant maybe he did his research if nothing else. Perhaps even something about how to kill werewolves if things came down to it. Someone so relatively frail likely had to use tricks compared to him.

With that acceptance he slipped into the shadows, taking advantage of his own ability to move silently while watching the man. Mostly slathering something on himself from an unknown horn and quickly changing his own scent into something else. It burnt his nostrils much like the smell of the other two. What was he planning exactly? Adam watched with a renewed curiosity as the wolves seemed to double around and grab him, garnering a bite in turn as they pulled their hands away from the man. All at once he had an idea, not moving from his spot while the scene played before him.

“What the hell?” One of them questioned considering the now snarling male, considering the scent with a few sniffs and  frowning. “didn’t think they were sending one of the crazies to us” He stated finally, snarling and looking at the faint indentations within his arm.

“Isn’t crazy a little rude there…” His partner seemed to complain, rolling her eyes after scenting the air.

“Hey, we’re not gonna hurt’cha.” The tallest of them said, seemingly to crouch down somewhat, though that didn’t seem to hide his own still immense height. “can you speak? Belong to a pack?” Now they were…worrying over the seemingly mad lycan while also waiting to what he assumed was kill someone.  They seemed to pause all motion, and he stood there curious as to what exactly they were dealing with. The tallest wolf seemed to try and reach for the mad wolf again, but this time with a softer hand. Where they were leading was…well not the apartment he was told about. What was going on?

Adam Johnson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2016-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity October 29th 2019, 2:52 pm

Humanity played the part of the deaf creature. He tilted his head to the side a little before squinting to see what they were saying. He shook his head left to right before tapping his ear.

"Can't..." He said, his voice gruff and scratchy compared to how he notmally spoke. He tapped his ear again before seeming to relax a little. Shaking his head a little as he brought his hand up he picked up his glasses from the floor. The taller one seemed to reach out, the posture was exactly that of a more calm and gentle one. He had enough experience being a wolf that he knew exactly what to do it would seem. Putting the classes over his eyes again he seemed to step forward, almost hesitantly before allowing hismelf to stand up, folding his arms over his jacket and keeping to himself as he walked with the others.

His heart was racing, but that's how most werewolves were. Their hearts raced and they were chornically warm. Truthfully MAtthew could relate with them on some basic levels he could never hope to mimic otherwise. So this was a good thing. His pack mentality was one that he had to thank for this. Though his midn quickly jumped as he found hismelf concerned that these werekin were possibly being lead by a shamen. That would be awkward, because they would see all through the BS. His ears open and his eyes moving he tied to listen and see if he could hear Adam.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Johnson October 29th 2019, 4:09 pm

The werewolf man seemed to frown the moment he was told or shown that he couldn’t hear. “Huh, so you can’t hear us huh?” He sighed, massaging the bridge of his nose and looking to the woman he was with. They seemed to have an unspoken agreement between each other before sighing in unison. Adam kept to the shadows behind them, though he couldn’t follow him into the home. Now that was something that he forgot about entirely. His own fatal weakness of all things. I can’t enter their home without invitation, so you…do with that what you will, He sent the mental message to the man, finding actually maintaining the communication difficult. As if something were resisting them.

“You know any sign language Lea?” He questioned, looking to the female wolf.

“Well yeah. My brothers deaf so that definitely is a skill I have,” She rolled her eyes, considering the young “werewolf” almost empathetically. “I don’t like the idea of one of our kind wandering like this, especially with the killings going on. ” She added, with that look shifting to worry.

“Yeah, those Chicago Hales have been running themselves ragged trying to figure out what’s going on but…seems like they don’t know what they’re doin,”

“Mage types rarely know what they’re doing. Things went better when we had that red headed lady. Elena wasn’t it?”

“yeah, things worked better when New York was under her. ” He agreed with a nod,  now considering the  supposedly deaf wolf.

That was when a knock came to the door and he took time from the two of them to answer the door. Standing there was a young looking man in a jean jacket, mussy dark brown hair and a calm looking smile. Eyes glinting with a playful amusement. ”Hi, Ryland Hale. Arland and Lea right? Your alpha sent me to help look into these murders…since it’s starting to look pretty bad and…” He paused from the wilting glare and looked around to the supposed deaf werewolf and offering him a small wave.

“Huh, come on in kid,” He allowed the young mage to step in.

”Thanks. Hope I’m not interrupting something. Looks like you’re…busy,” he added with a kind smile to Humanity.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Son of The Raven - Samael Christensen
Osiris - The Undead king
Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity October 29th 2019, 9:53 pm

He didn't break the character at all as he just at there, thinking to himself for a moment. The message he received from Adam was immediately countered with his own rebuttal. Things hadn't gone at all the way they should have. This would have been so much easier if they had just attacked him back. But yet they tried to actively assist him.

This isn't right. They're not the killers. Hale's are here. That's problematic... He said as he recalled a particular spat in chicago. Granted this was long enough ago that they probably had no clue who he was. That wasn't the point though. Ryland smiled at him and he seemed to shrink away, cautiously considering the blonde.

I'm not sure that these people will trust you. I'm going to surmise that your Sire isn't Vitale Moraro, is it? He asked before realizing that even the Agents of Azrael were likely to be untrusted, despite their neutrality in the domain of the Akin. He began to look over the others, then to the one introduced as Ryland. Matthew's nose twitched for a moment before he began to squint towards the doorway. Squatting down as if it were natural, he seemed to be focused and fixed on the door, hand going to the floor once more as he seemed to feel the ground.

"Lance." Matthew said as he pointed to himself. His eyes didn't meet Ryland's for very long before he looked to the others. It took only a moment for him to discern if the others were trusting him or not. He simply followed suit as he tried to devise a plan. Alright, let's play this off. Front door. My name is Max, I'm a werewolf that's been affected by Slayerseal...you know what that is right? He mentally noted to Adam, though without much promise of return. He continued to wait patiently.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Johnson October 30th 2019, 4:49 pm

No, Vitale isn’t my sire, The thought was sent back to the human playing werewolf while the three of them seemed to contemplate around the young looking man. Most of them were from what he could assume worried about something, maybe even the one that had somehow stumbled into their life.

The others didn’t seem to turn a critical eye towards the young man beyond the first examination, which made Adam more curious than anything else. ”Well I don’t know what’s wrong with you but…I’m sure we can think something up,” He stated with same chipper charm while turning his attention back to the two of them.

“You Hale’s got any spells that can fix deafness?” The female wolf asked with an arced brow.

”Huh, we might but I don’t have any on me at the moment.” He examined the many jeweled rings and necklaces he was wearing. . ”nope, got a cure blindness one for some reason but not that.”

“That’s useful…but not right now,” The male werewolf noted snapping to the door which echoed with a knock.

”Were you expecting company?”

“No we weren’t.” The guy was the one to answer it,  looking down to the vampire.

”Have you…um…seen my friend? Deaf, all fours?” He looked around beyond what he could see of the man to see Matt, or Max in this case. A simple name but it probably worked.  ”Got a bad case of the uh…Slayerseal,” They seemed to react, mostly in pity from what he could tell but one sniff seemed to cause them to loosen a bit.

”Adam? What are you doing here?” Oh no. Not this guy again.

”Oh hi Ryland. Been a good two years right?” He chuckled awkwardly, stepping around the wolf and finding himself being hugged by the mage. It was quick but didn’t last too long as he pulled away.

”Oh, I have a feeling this is gonna be so much easier. This guy gave me a lot of help me with those dragon poachers down in Chicago.” Now he was bragging on him. If he weren’t a vampire he would have blushed out of embarrassment. ”Slayerseal though…my aunt might be able to do something. First we stop the murders then we get to curing things.” Ugh, he was just too sweet. Everyone else seemed confused and a little awkward, as if they didn’t want a vampire in their house.

”Fine fine, just no more hugs. We’re in the middle of something,” He sighed and walked over to “Max”, kneeling down and making a few shows of non-verbal communication despite speaking mentally. Play along I guess. I’ll try to think of a way tog et us out of here. He stood up and nodded to himself.

”Anyhow, I did a bit of divining and it looks like your neighbor is the next target of these wolves…” The sound of something crashing next door echoed out and he snapped towards the direction of the sound. . ”time’s up,” He motioned with a hand as the wall formed a seam and created what looked to be a tall rectangular opening in the wall as he ran through with the two wolves behind.

”Well, follow behind and…I guess keep playing the part?”

Osiris - The Undead king
Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity October 30th 2019, 5:18 pm

Sure thing. Just uh, don't get too friendly with the petting or the peanut butter. Unless you want me to lick your face. I mean I'm not against PDA. Will it make your ex over there jealous? The thought to himself, despite the horrifically sarcastic drawl coming from his mind, the face on "Max" was incredibly nice as he seemed to nod enthusiastically as he watched the hand gestures. He had to confess he enjoyed tormenting the vampire. It was a nice relationship they had there. A nice smile before he nodded faithfully and seemed to sit back. He listened as Ryland talked, though he began to bounce his eyes around everyone's faces, as if he were trying desperately to feel involved without looking desperate.

Suddenly he felt a shift in vibration from the wall behind him. He heard that the neighbor was about to be the next victim and he had to contain himself form wanting to jump up and ask what the fuck was wrong with him. Then he remembered that this was a Hale. They were all derpy and could be sickeningly sweet if they didn't have their face buried in a book or in a pillow. He would have been grinding his teeth, but that would require him to stop smiling like a derpy deaf dog.

He had to remain delayed as he watched everyone else move. He sprung to action, hunched down and eyes fixated as he seemed to hop forward a bit, looking to Adam. He heard Adam tell him to play the part, but all Max did was look at him awkwardly and circle his finger, as if asking him to replay, rewind or repeat what the just said.

Don't repeat yourself, I heard you.He said, though it felt like he was screaming in his mind, which was odd when he actually started to think about that. Did that make it easier for a telepath to hear him? They stormed into the next room, though Matt seemed to fill in last. Taking a deep breath in he felt his lip twitch, trying to call upon his inner memories to remembering how to handle this.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Johnson October 30th 2019, 5:48 pm

Don’t think people normally put the peanut butter on their face there Matt, Could someone make their thoughts sound suggestive? Well he was sure what that meant would get across, because they were already moving through a magically created hole within the dry wall and ran through it. He knew the male would hear what he said, but now his senses were on overdrive. Ryland, and the two wolves coming onto the scene of an assault in action. Without even thinking he moved, feeling the space rushing past him all at once.  Likely a blur even to the werewolves as he slammed a fist into one of the…ragged looking wolves standing over a woman with an arm bleeding from a large slash wound.

The blood ripped and tore away at him with hunger, making him realize how much he needed to work at it. Their large bestial body slammed into the wall, cracking and perforating the wall. The other had less than a second to adjust to his presence, lashing out with a claw as chains of light seemed to materialize and then wrap around them. Jerking them more towards the mage but binding them in quick order, leaving them a snarling mess on the floor. Still, that didn’t stop their claws from ripping through what felt like flesh and bone on his arm, splattering the vampiric ichor across the floor.  He cursed under his breath, the stinging lasting for a few seconds while his body tried to heal.

Werewolf claws were always so much more difficult to heal from, and he didn’t have human blood to drink from. ”Ow ow ow,” He hissed under his breath, watching the second quickly recover from being stunned, knowing that his human friend wouldn’t be able to do anything with his current ruse.

”We gott’em!” He called, as his two wolf friends quickly shifted, barreling into them, further ruining the wall and causing the cracking of bones to echo through the room. They only needed one of them alive he could assume. Also police would likely be here quicker than they would have cared to have them. They tore apart the wolf, who seemed more interested in try to kill them in return.

”So now what?”

”We do a little scrying of course. Find out where these guys are coming from with this one and…well we work from there.” With that he dragged the now easily bound wolf through the wall, door and close it once everyone walked back through it. . ”I’ll clean up the scene and…I’ll be right back.” he stepped out the door and came back five minutes after, walking over to the vampire who seemed to be still having trouble healing. He twisted a wing as a dark light seemed to shine from the wind, causing the five dark red slash marks to rapidly close.

”Oh…um thanks Ryland,”

”No prob. I know how wolves can sometimes mess you up, so I keep a few vampire healin spells on me now,” He stated  turning to the rest. . ”Alright, let’s get this train movin,” He kneeled before the bound wolf, a point of light shining from a necklace and resting on their forehead. They seemed to slack all at once and Ryland did the same for a minute before his eyes rolled back in place.

”We got a map? Need it to point out where we need to go.” The two wolves scrambled to grab a map and slap it onto a table. . ”good, now let’s get this thing movin,”

Osiris - The Undead king
Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity October 30th 2019, 6:10 pm

It had been a long time since this was applicable to him. The feeling of not being able to do much. It was something he had been compalcent with his entire life up until one point. Then he was never powerless again. Then he learned of all the lived he had lived, all the experinces that he didn't even know he had. Maybe that was the truth behind what made him so empathetic, so understanding of others. But rather than cultivate that into a good thing, he rejected it. He shunned it. Locked it up and shoved it away until it was for the purposes he wanted.

That purpose was now. He wanted to know his enemy, to call upon memories and experiences of a werewolf in order to utterly destroy a werewolf. He closed his eyes a little as he let out an exhale. He chagred into the brunt of it, slipping down under and grabbing the human woman to throw her over his shoulder. Quickly he started to scamper out wiht her while the battle began to unfold. He quickly reached through his backpack, surrying through and taking out a silver-nitrite compound, knowing full well what to do next. The firt thing he did was tie floth around her arm, restricting bloof flow, then by applying pressure to both ends he bled the ewound out a bit, then applying alcohol and finally the silver nitrite.

Quickly he continued to remain hyperfocused as he not only stopped this woman from possibly dying and cauterizing the wound, but he also prevented infection and did everyone one could scientifically do to prevent the lycanthropy from spreading. He whined a little as he sealed the compound and stepped away form the wo,an. By the time he had returned he found that Ryland had saved the day with his magic bling. He shrugged a bit as he heard the word "Vampire healing spell" which just about made him want to throw up. He shook his head, though the look of disgust was actually easily confused with concern.

Scrying would fill the remainder of the time, not long before they would arm up altogether and say they knew where they needed to go next. He threw his backpack back on over himself and shrugged as he would pretty much follow on routine.

So "Vampire Healing Spell". Can we talk about this? That's disturbing. They don't...you don't HEAL a vampire. HEALING a vampire actually harms it. Why can't he just basically say he had a dark mend? He said, being rather critical of the propoterous wording that there was such a thing as a Vampire healing spell. Did it not work on other undead creatures? would his zombie friends have to suffer in the throes of undeath as well? Otherwise...nice guy. So how'd you two end up saving my....uhm. Not my uh. Sorry. This is getting confusing. How'd you end up stopping dragon poachers?

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Johnson October 30th 2019, 6:44 pm

Because that’s what he does? Ryland was always this weird, bubbly nice guy who just helps people because he likes doing it I guess, he shrugged despite this whole conversation taking place within their minds, so no one would have even known they were communicating. Well, some idiots thought it was smart to steal a dragons eggs. To eat them, raise them for profit I don’t know but either way we had seven days before the dragon decided to level a city and so we did it in six. He was actually pretty competent, so I guess we got along…but that’s neither here nor there, Now he was explaining himself to this guy who likely didn’t care.

He watched the dark brown haired man, a long crystal hanging from the end of a chain, twirling until it snapped to a section of the map hard as if it were nailed there. If there was one thing he could say about the guy, it was that he knew a lot about magic. Maybe more than most mages his age, and even those three times that. ”Huh, think I got us a location?” he pulled out a phone, and seeming to flick through the touch screen until he got what looked to be a physical appearance of the location.

”Good news is I know where we should be going but it looks like…some kind of restaurant. Specifically thai food. Wonder what that means,” He muttered to himself, furrowing his brows and looking to those around them. ”don’t tell me their eating people. Eugh, gross,” Adam, Lea and her supposed boyfriend all glared at him.

”Not the point. Anyhow, yeah probably some kind of basement. If we’re dealing with some kind of demon, might need to do something with that. Don’t know what’s causing this kind of…thing with the wolves, ” He eyed the unconscious one bound, the way their fur was patchy at best with painful looking lesions. ”though…we can’t have…Max was it? He’ll probably get himself hurt once things get serious if he can’t shift with the others,” Adam wondered what he would have thought if he knew the truth but he let that go.

”Well I can’t just leave my friend alone like that,” He added, eyes narrowed into slits.

”Well, I don’t know if I can cure his deafness or…grant him lycanthropy again.” He stroked his chin, looking down for a moment and then looking back up to the deaf wolf.  ”Give me….ten minutes and I think I can do something,” He reached into a canvas bag at his side and produced what looked to be a block of wood. He muttered something under his breath and producing a chisel as well.

”Ten minutes for what?”

”Totem. Mom once had me train with a shaman, told me if I enchanted them right it could imbue someone with the strength of that creature,” He reached over and plucked a clump from one of the two sane werewolves. Seeming to quickly chisel something from the wood before rubbing the hair against it and speaking a spell into the roughly carved wolf figure. ”just give this to him and have him speak the magic word. ” He handed the totem to Adam who then handed it to Max. ”don’t know if it’ll work but should temporarily give you the power, maybe not the form but the strength of a werewolf. ” Adam went through the motions of telepathically telling him, since he knew Ryland knew about that ability as well.

Osiris - The Undead king
Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus October 31st 2019, 1:56 am

The comment about having eaten people caused everyone to stare at Ryland. He himself seemed to peek at everyone elses face and then he looked questioningly to Ryland and gave an almost cartonnishly disapointed stare, trying to emulate everyone else's stern glare. He suddenly dree back as Ryland began to take the conversation with a grain of salt. He let everything roll off and continued with the same annoying optimism.

There had been conversation of not being allowed to take Matthew or "Max" with them, being as he could not transform any longer. The sting of being left behind for this reason almost spurned his pride to action as he almost spoke up, before suddenly making an off noise and wiggling his nose. He crossed his eyes and would blink before shaking his head. He then looked back to the conversation that they were having, pretending to be oblivious.

He was suddenly surprised when he decided to ignore Ryland and begin investigating the werewolves. He was immediately searching the lesions on the beasts for any kind of discharge, discoloration or odor. His next move was to investigate the patches of missing fur, looking to the base to uncover the secrets of their easy 2 step process of hair removal.

Their blood was blackened and thick, matting to their fur like tar. The scratches were old, the thick primitive scabbing on the edges were proof enough. The poor beasts were scratching themselves from what he could tell. Their own nails were dulling with patches of their own fur and blood present upon their furred hands.

Next he began investigating their teeth and gums, tapping their noses and looking into their eyes. Their breath was foul, a sure sign that there was some infection going on, but the fact it over powers the scent of blood so easily was interesting. Dry noses, and constricted, small pupils. The last test he had was the most primitive of all. He placed a finger on the blood and sniffed it. His nose curled up and with a flick of the tongue he barely let it touch the substance before his tongue recoiled.

A twisted face and a taste of the most foul and putrid smell began messing with his senses. His skin burned and his nose began to well as his eyes watered. He cleared his throat and wiped his hand on his pants, reaching into his backpack for the small flask labled "BB".

A small sip and a swish in the mouth before spitting it onto the ground, he took another sip and swallowed.

"Blight..." he said with his course voice as he mentally tried to flag Adam's attention with alarming thoughts. Adam! HELP! Hey, Hi. Yeah. You there? Cool uhm so these things are hella blighted. At this point I truly wouldn't be shocked to learn that this is some necromancy bullshit.

He snickered a little as he found himself suddenly thrust a totemic looking figurine. He froze for a moment, staring at it as he listened to the explanation, but playing it off as being confused.

I am not saying that... he replied to Adam, having heard what the designated "Word of Power" was. He was unamused to the point he almost faltered in his performance. He looked to the totem and nodded with a smile at Adam with a level of enthusiasm and a sense of giddiness, seeming to be elated to the concept of being able to possibly transform again. I'm capable of handling myself...I don't need a trinket from some enchanter and his nice guy complex. Why is this an artesian totem? Seriously what in the... how long was I investigating thise things!? WHY IS THIS NOT HIS LIVING!?! The true tragedy here is that I will never be able to petition his artistic abilities. I feel cheated. He said. They would likely all have begun to move on, allowing them to at least be at the street they desired....at least one could hope it would go that smooth

The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Johnson October 31st 2019, 3:17 am

Wouldn’t be very surprised myself, He returned the mental communication when it came to the thought of necromancy being involved and then he was reminded how much he hated necromancers. That was followed by him making it very clear that he was not saying the words of power, nor was he going to use the totem as if he didn’t want to. maybe next time don’t act like you’re a deaf werewolf then, he rolled his eyes, wondering what he would do with the human and their…strange sense of pride. Not like he could do anything about them really.

”Alrighty guys, let’s get this hunt on. Maybe we’ll find who’s actually responsible for this,” Ryland clapped his hands together, smiling widely and looking over the rest of them, especially the one who seemed to be happy with his new magical trinket. He knew how Hale’s loved to have their work admired, considering that most of them were top tier enchanters of nothing else. He had the displeasure of meeting their current head, who was born from the upstart Arianna. Shrew of a woman if he had to say but she got her shit done, and the son didn’t stray too far.   ”guess we’ll all meet there?” he questioned, looking to those around him with arced brows.

Adam shrugged, and the rest did as well. ”Whatever gets us there faster I guess,” Adam said and the other two said something along those lines, though the male wolf said something about wanting to get there on foot. Maybe he wanted to run instead of being stuck in the same car as a vampire and the overly talkative Hale. He of course offered his car to him and his shifting challenged friend because he wasn’t going to be running right now. Not without drawing some attention.

Adam ended up sitting in the front while Max sat in the back.

”So, what got you to making friends with lycans? Seemed like you weren’t too fond of them last time we met. Almost remind me of my cousin in how much you disliked them,” He was being conversational.

”Guess you could say it’s me growing up. Can’t hate people for stupid reasons. Makes me look just as bad as them and besides…max is a good guy.” Adam rolled his eyes. dear god he’s making small talk, The last was thought at Matt.

The rest was just boring conversation really, nothing anyone wanted to read about.  In the end they ended up parking across the street from the Thai shop, small looking enough to be unassuming but otherwise he stepped out after digging through his bag and muttering a word into it. Nothing seemed to happen. ”Was that supposed to do something?’

”Oh…cloaks us from cameras? Supposed to make sure we’re not caught on camera. ” he responded, looking around for anyone who would try to stop them before walking across the street, approaching the door and muttering a cantrip which seemed to undo the lock.  The door opened itself and he stepped through, Adam had no problem this time around. Once they all stepped through he closed the door, Adam could feel the sensation of the wolves nearby. Which produced themselves, a large black wolf and a smaller russet colored one striding along behind him. Ryland smiled at them and nodded, eyes scanning over the room but maybe not on guard enough to fully protect himself from happening next.

A good five of those blighted wolves appeared from seemingly nowhere, three putting themselves on the two wolves, hurling them across the room and shattering multiple tables until they hit the wall. A mess of snarling and chaos while Adam tried to react as quickly as possible, though not enough to avoid being backhanded across the room and feeling the bones of his spine shattered. Leaving Ryland to throw up a shield from a bracelet and the other trying to maul the deaf, weak looking wolf.

Osiris - The Undead king
Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus October 31st 2019, 4:42 am

Small talk was being exchanged while Matthew took care to examine the totem he just inherited. The totem had traces of magic through it and there was a natural pull from inside him that he felt. It was a faint echo, but it was there. He felt better off not having this thing at all. Next thing he knew there would be a goddamn anime transformation and nobody had time for that.

Small talk? Look man he likes you. He probably doesn't have a lot of people he calls a friend. Mage, human, vampire... Lonliness is the universial hell. He doesn't fit with people, probably viewed as an underschiever by everyone he should consider his equal. This may literally be the highlight of his life right here. Right alongside hosnfellow freaks trying to make a difference. Trying to do some good and make a difference. He replied to Adam with a shockingly even head. For all the shade he threw and the humorous rants he had, he was very quick to understand the man. He quietly began writing down something on a piece of paper and folded it over. Once Ryland got out of the car, he would get out hinself. When Ryland turned, Matthew would drop the folded paper in the driver's seat.

He sighed and shook his head as they were cloaked from cameras and the wolves had arrived. The door was unlocked and they stepped through, a sudden ambush making itself known. Two of the wolves had placed themselves on the larger black one, and the smaller one had their own to deal with. Adam had his own to deal with and Ryland seemed to defend Matthew with his bracelet, allowing Matthew to step off to the side and slow his breathing.

Werewolves were strong. The defensive forms were the better bet here. Breaking formation he placed the totem in his pocket and charged at the werewolf. Garnering it's attention before stepping back, the feint forced the wolf to disengage and shrink back, hissing and glaring at Matthew. Matthew held a hand up at Ryland and waved him off.

"Mine..." he said followong it up with a growl. His plan was a simple one, taking advantage of the distraction with the creature to start an impending war between them and give Ryland a chance to help the others. Meanwhile if the foe were focused on him, the attacks and directions would be more predictable, more centered with no risk of misunderstanding the intended target. Perfect for his plan.

It felt like time was crawling. He reached for his belt buckle, removing it as he wrapped the belt and the sharp folded silver blade as buckle around his hand. The wolf charged with a springing motion, claws ready and gnashing teeth. Matt dove beneath, rolling onto his side and scampering up, having seemed to miss his timing. The wolf began to circle at him again, then turning as a small pacing. The battle unfolded around him but all he did was dodge and weave through the attacks.

Finally after evading under a table he took the legs of a chair. As the wolf crashed down and splintered the table, Matthew took the chair and swung full bore into the beast's head, stepping into its blindspor as the chair broke to pieces. With a broken chair leg in hand he preemptively side stepped, getting close to the wolf's torso, knowing that the beast would lash out to where he had been. He kept close and as it tried to maul the human, they were driving a chair leg into the beast and gripping it's fur, using the leg as a place to push with a fut as he jumped on the canine's back.

The creature tried to roll, but Matthew kept his head down, it started to glaul and run about the room, but Matthew focused his energy to keep mounted. As he good he ised every opportunity to inch forward. Once he was aligned right where he wanted to be, he punched the sharpened edge of the silver belt buckle into the back of the creature's neck, eliciting a sharp whine and yelp as he relebtlessly punched chunks after chunks into the beast's neck blood splattering over him as he slowly butchered away later after layer of meat and flesh before being able to spot the bloody spine, delivering another powerful punch and driving the buckle into its spinal cord. The wolf's entire body began to spasm as it lost control, flopping over as Matthew rolled off and sliding his belt buckle into his pocket.

Taking advantage of the moment he was not seen, he reached to the wolf and smeared the blood over the area of his hand where there had been the belt protecting it. He went the extra mile and even but some around his mouth. Smearing a drop in his teeth as well. He need not fear the blight, but he worried for more mundane issues. It was a price and a risk, however.

Standing up and seething with an angered breath he walked towards the others. The length of time he took was not as long as some others took, but it was rather quick for a human, even by hunter standards. He turned to look for who needed the most help, if anyone even did still need it.

The wolves of New York (Humanity) *2xp* - Page 2 Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Johnson October 31st 2019, 5:06 am

Adam felt the pain blossom through his lower back, bones crunching against one another and threatening to what he assumed was even perforate the squishy insides of the spine. His legs became nothing more than these useless limbs, though he knew his body could heal itself. How long it would take was another thing entirely, because he had no human blood to access and knew Matt sure as well wouldn’t let him drink from him. ”Fuck fuck fuck,” He growled under his breath, watching the fight happen before him. It was all pretty high energy, especially the faux-werewolf moving in a blur he had a hard time following as it disassembled  one of the wolves trying to maul him.

Ryland skidded backwards from the force that scratched across his shield, deep grooves working through the energy barrier that had come to his defense. His legs likely would burn just from the strain, being that mages were nothing more than human. Except maybe a blonde bruiser who most werewolves seemed to fear these days. His recovery was quick enough, unleashing a couple strings of fireballs which burled outwards from a ruby inscribed ring, hitting the arms of the wolf and causing it to roar in rage. Only knocking him further back, and causing the shield to press inwards against him.

One of the tables came to meet his body, a thump loud enough to be heard by his hearing but that didn’t mean he was done with. Because that’s when the sustained blast of fire replaced the balls of fire, consuming their face and also consuming the pained howl that issued from it. The fire stopped when the gem in the ring cracked and shattered into pieces, leaving him wringing and shaking his hand. Blowing on it as if it would somehow stop the pain.

That left the sound of growling and scrambling around him, the two wolves trying to fight off the obvious superior numbers. It was a defensive fight and he doubted his wounds would heal within…well the hour. Matt, think you can help them? I…can’t walk right now, He sent the mental message the best he could, pressing his palms against the floor and trying to lift the dead weight that was now his lower body. He was lucky he could even move his arms, though he knew now that his body was hemorrhaging blood. Maybe not enough to kill but enough to make him feel weaker. He hated this sensation…because it felt familiar.  The two wolves could likely take out one, maybe even two but the third would kill them.

Well maybe Ryland could help.

He watched the wolf with a head resembling charcoal hit the floor, gurgling with a pained low growl that showed it was alive. Unable to move but alive.

Osiris - The Undead king
Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity October 31st 2019, 1:42 pm

It's a bold thing, to assume that the man would have no blood on him. He was coming allied with a vampire, did he truly thing that bringing a bag of blood was outside the question. He would have to deal with that in a moment though. Taking off his backpack and tossing it over to Adam's area he began to breathe in deeply, trying to pinpoint which one of these would be his next victim. Blood in the bag. He thought through his mind, hoping that Adam was still somehow listening.

Quickly he found his prey and started to run forward with almost silent steps, leaping from the floor to the table was the first noise that was made as the table began to slide, but by the process of all the other noise, he would likely have no mind paid to him. Leaping from the table, he would latch himself on top of another of the beasts. He held onto them as he used his one hand to whip his belt out of his pocket. The wolf immediately started to thrash a little as he looked about. Matthew tried to keep himself steady while waiting for the wolf to snap it's jaws. As he did this, he tossed the belt in it's open maw, catching the other side and yanking it back, causing heavy irritation and pulling the wolf's head up.

"KILL SPOT!" he shouted, and immediately one of the others recognized what he was calling for. The smaller russet wolf turned and bit into it's throat, it's extension caused it's back to be turned to the enemy. Stress and the minor fangs in the bac of the wolves oral cavity caused him to snap the belt, releasing the belt from the "Buckle" he pushed off the wolf he had mounted himself and ran off of it's back onto the russet one's back. He pushed off and pulled the pin on the belt buckle in one fluid motion. The layers unfolding with their springlock mechanic and manifesting an incredibly thin and almost flimsy and thin looking blade, no longer than elbow to wrist. The one edge of the blade was obviously coated in a silver finish, though his skin never touched it. As he wolf leapt to bite the brown russet wolf, he had leapt to their defense.

As the wolf bit down onto the haunch of the russet wolf's hind leg, Matthew drove the silver dip into the beast's eye, driving it forwards and twisting, attempting to scramble the brain within. Pulling the blade out the wolf would drop to the ground. He quickly folded the layers back over each other, but realized that he was lacking the pin. With a sigh he released the places, allowing them to fling back to their bladed size. Looking back to the large wolf in black and his two enemies, the more he realized that his actions had counter-actions. Just as they had won the battle on their end, the delay and continual outnumbering of the large black one was exacting it's fine.

"Slayerseal is bad. But now, silver is not."He said as he said tot he russet one as he tapped three blade with a small smile, walking up and snarling, barking and making noises at the two on one. Hopefully he could distract one, or both of them for a moment in order to spare the black beast's life, if only it were the right one.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam Johnson October 31st 2019, 2:15 pm

Adam was listening. The moment he heard blood he considered he bag and reached for it, fingers scrabbling through it as deftly as they possibly could until he came upon the plastic blood bag, ripping it from the bag and biting into it without hesitation. He had no reason to question why the man was carrying blood bags around with him, not when he needed it a lot right now and the stuff just tasted too good. Still no reason for that much, so he just accepted the help as he felt the pain quickly recede like the tides.Pieces of his spine seemed to align, becoming one once again and quickly sensation return to him once again. It was different for  a creature like himself compared to a human when they healed vital spots like this. There was no palpable lag period between regaining feeling and being able to use the limb itself.

As Matt helped the smaller wolf he knew he could quickly get into action, licking the remaining droplets from his lips he sprung into action. Taking note of Ryland who seemed like he was getting ready to jump into action too. Got any other spells that can help in those rings of yours? He sent the telepathic message, snapping to his feet with a quick motion. It felt good, being able to move again though he knew the wolves could easily render him in that state once again.

He needed to be on guard.

Might have something, The mage thought back in return and he hoped it wasn’t fire. The blood was coursing through his body, he felt stronger than ever and that needed to be put to good use. Like someone hoping to get the best out of a coffee rush before the inevitable crash that followed. He waited for the spark of magic, manacles of light which seemed to lash out and catch onto one of the wolves front legs before it could dart forward to harry the larger black wolf, and Adam capitalized on the opportunity. Like a blur he moved, jumping over one of the only intact tables as a spring board and landing on its back with all the momentum he could muster. Teeth ineffectually attempted to bite at him, coming dangerously close but he kept himself appraised of the situation.

With all the strength available to him he slammed his right fist down into the back of its neck, feeling and hearing the crunch that came from the bones. His own knuckles and the things skulls, and so he repeated until it stopped jerking,  It didn’t help that the thing was squirming, or managed to bite into his other arm, cracking the bone in a wall that sent lances of pain through it but not enough to make it unusable. This gave wolf enough time to prove that it was indeed physically strong enough to grab the other by the throat and violently shake it until it was nothing more than a rag doll within its powerful jaw.

When the fight was done it seemed the largest of them shifted back, spitting out what looked to be black globs of blood. “Damn gross,”

”Always thought you werewolves lost your clothes when you shifted,” Adam said with an obvious curiosity.

“We do.We’ve just been…working with these Hale’s lately and they might have given us some clothes that changed with us.”

”A little collaboration with my mom but i’m pretty proud of the work,” Ryland nodded, giving a thumbs up to the deaf wolf as he  sighed. ”we’ll…deal with this later. Right now we see what’s going on in this basement. Might be more of them so I guess we should be really careful,” There was a basement right? Adam thought this to himself as they looked around for some kind of entrance to the shop that would lead them lower. Had to be some kind of thing, though he didn’t know what it would look like or where it might be.

Turns out it was somewhere around the back of the shop.

”Think I found something,” The moment he touched the lock to rip it off the hiss and sting of silver seemed to cause him to recoil, considering the ugly red marks on his hand. ”and it’s silvered. Guess someone thought ahead,” He stepped back as the rest likely came to see what the fuss was about.

”If I were any good at picking locks I guess we could do that but…I can’t pick locks,” Ryland surmised finally as he looked down and frowned.  Adam looked to Matt, arching a brown.

Any good at picking locks? The non-verbal communication was likely not lost there.

Osiris - The Undead king
Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity October 31st 2019, 2:35 pm

He got a thumbs up from the Ryland person, he smiled and nodded, but he intenrally just began to grumble. He stepped down to grab his backpack, throwing it on over his shoulder, looking to see that his BB flash had shattered and spilled throughout his bag. He cursed audibly as he threw the backpack on, grumbling as he realized his bag was going to smell absolutely awful after that stuff dried. He quickly realized that the silver was going to be a problem for the wolves, but he smirked, figuring that he would have an answer to that one as well. Vampires despising silver was another common theme, so he tried to cover the weaknesses commonly known to a being such as his ally. Withdrawing a large thermos from his bag, he tossed the silver belt-buckle off to the side, leaving it be.

He arrived with the Termos, Ryland announciung that he didn't do well with picking locks. Matthew simply ignored him as he motioned for everyone to back up. Wrapping up his sleeve around his nose he began to whimper a little as he poured out the liquid onto the silver. The liquid sulfide made contact with the silver, fulling the room with an almost noxious smell. Though the silver quite quickly began to buble and tarnish, providing a thick and quite secure layer of what appeared to be rust and tarnishing. This was a horrible smell to human standards, to the senses of the beasts around him ti must be quite horrid.

Yeah, I got this. Just need a minute to finish tarnishing this. It'll let our new friends get through. You doin' alright? He got the telepathic message and he replied quickly. As always he was calm and collected, moving to offset Adam a bit with a more directed question of his healt. Or perhaps he was talking about potential bloodlust? Who knew, that was a rather tricky thing for him. Of course the pesonality Adam knew was Matthew so he was almost certain that Adam would understand his intention and nos misconstrue what he meant... or so he hoped.

Matthew quickly began to pick at the lock, focusing as he placed his ear up to the door a bit, listening for the tumblers. It was difficult, he normally did such things with a stethasope, but this lock was not a traditional one. It had a more complex system of inner working. He felt like a damn skyrim character testing the waters. It would take time, but it would unlock. Rather than immediately open it, Matthew stepped back and streatched out, letting out an exaggerated yawn as he streatched, a lishgt whine could be heard, truly playing into the dog like tendencies.

So this Hale guy. Why's he like you so much? Other than, well, you know. The obvious things. I get you two stopped poaching dragon eggs and I am EXTREMELY thankful for that one...also do you remember the Dragon's name by chance? He questioned Adam, though his train of thought dragging away slightly may have just been his attempt to give Adam a way to opt out of talking about something he didn't want to. I dunno if this is magi-trapped or not. So uh...he can do his work.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top