The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Magic I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Magic I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Magic I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Magic I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Magic I_vote_lcapMagic I_voting_barMagic I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Magic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magic Empty Magic

Post by Gemini June 2nd 2015, 9:41 pm

Magic

Basic Biography

Hero Name: Magic
Title: An embodiment of sorcery.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Magic
Hair: Bald
Eyes: Emissive Purple/Lilac
Height: 6'4"
Weight: Varies.
Blood type: Mana

The Looks

Magic 2u586qf
(MS Paint is OP)

The Legacy

Personality: Magic is calm, cool and collected. He rarely allows himself to react with fear, rage or disgust. Atleast on the outside. His emotions are largely kept within and he would only ever reveal them to someone he truely respects or cares for. He looks at things primarily from a mathematical point of view. He is frequently unable to see humans in the same ways they see themselves. To them, they may be caring, nice, pleasant people but to him they are usually just considered numbers. He'd gladly let 4,999 thousand people die in order to save 5000. However, he does actually care for humans that he allows himself to get close to. He considers them fancisnating creatures with some much power and potential and it breaks his heart to see them destroy eachother.

Ultimately, he stands for purity. He is aware of the dark creatures that lurk in the abyss, that feed off the anger and corruption of humans and he intends to save Earth from the grasps on the other realms. Even if it comes at great cost. He will make almost any sacrifice to save the planet and it's occupants. Even if that means sacrificing the occupants themselves. Magic is a merciful creature, to a point. He will spare someone once, maybe twice - but if they persist in their path of evil they shall be removed, like a stain.

History: A long time ago, there was a couple. They were completely obsessed with magic and had a plan. They always imagined themselves Transcending and becoming extremely powerful magicians but unfortunately, the power they desired was simply beyond their potential. The couple however, had a plan. They would concieve a child and use a magical ritual in order to create a child who's magical potential was nearly limitless and then they'd slay it and consume it's blood, gaining it's magical powers. A truely brutal ritual but one that had worked in the past. They concieved the child, and during the nine months of pregnancy went through several steps. The mother was forced to eat brimstone and the father had to remove a testacle. They both had to tattoo ritual icons on their back and the wife gave birth in the certain of a ritual circle. They held up their child, the signs of it's magical strength already obvious. A pentacle was tattoo'd on it's forehead and it's tiny eyes were glowing bright purple. The wife smiled, and put her middle finger in the baby's tiny had. A tear strolled down her face before she hugged it.

They weren't the slay and drink the child until it was 6, however... emotion corrupted them. When the day came, they couldn't bring themselves to do it. Their child simply meant too much to them. Over the 6 years, his skin had began to turn purple and started to glow. From the age of 4 months it was clear that it was an extremely powerful magical creature. It was capable of causing objects to levitate and spoke to it's parents through their minds. Glowing magical icons would also etch themselves into walls that it stood beside for a few seconds. But they loved him. By the time he turned 10, their child had actually surpassed their own magical strength. And by the time it was 14, the power growing within him started to attract attention. Other sorcerers, witches, warlocks and wizards started to come and see what was causing such a large disturbance. All were shocked.

The ritual that his parents had attempted was something that required permission. Permission they did not seek. And even more so, you were meant to kill the child you created but they simply let theirs age. He was becoming dangerous to the rest of the mages. They mage a plan, for years - they would all have to attack at once if they were going to try and contain the child. When they attacked, they Magic's parents of guard, they had barely enough time to take Magic and themselves to the main hall of their home. The mages blew the door in and surrounded them. "You were meant to destroy the child, not let it grow this far!" Magic blinked, confused. "We couldn't! Our desire for power was overwhelmed... we love him. And you cannot have him!" Magic began to back into the corner. The mages moved in, each conjuring their own form of spell. However, their plan had taken so long that Magic's power had grown to the point where he simply stepped infront of them all and rapidly slashed his hand to the right. "No!"

A pulse of purple energy swam through the room, knocking the mages off their feet and blasting his parents a few feet backwards. He began to walk forward, several of the mages started to glow purple and got lifted off the ground. "You will not take them from me!" He threw them to the wall. One of the older mages grunted. "Now!" Magic turned, confused but was suddenly hit by a dull grew beam. The other mages all began to stand up and fired the same beam into him. He tried to stop them, but could feel his magical powers waning. While he was weakened, one of the mages ran up to him and put a ring on his finger, yelling some kind of curse. And then, in an orcastrated and obviously planned ritual - 5 mages ran to certain points and slammed several gems on the floor. Magic became surrounded by a blue orb before the mages all yelled a spell at the same time - the orb which held him flickered and he was eventually teleported to a cave system, still within the orb. He tried for days to break it with his magical strength but nothing worked. He eventually sat down, went through a period of grief... anger... confusion... loss, before eventually decided to meditate upon what had happened.

It took several years. Centuries even. But eventually, humans broke through into the cave and were astonished with what they found. A bright glowing purple man, floating within a blue orb. He looked tranquil, even asleep. He was surrounded by a gentle, mist like energy which drew magical symbols in the air. His limbs moved as if he was underwater, and beneath him gems hummed a high pitched hum. He had spent several hundred years, reflecting, dreaming... learning. If he had have been left alone, by this point his powers would rival a god's. However, they stopped him in infancy and managed to dampen his powers with the circle of sapphire and the cursed ring which curled around his finger. The people who found him were shocked at first, and didn't know what to do. Others were fascinate and simply remained speechless.

After several months, Magicians were drawn to the site. Some hired, some just curious. They worked together and deduced that the orb was keeping him contained and they didn't know why. Some wanted to free him, saying that no living creature deserves to be trapped and others said that they did not know his motives. In a steamed arguement, which ended in violence, a magician fired a bolt which hit one of the sapphires and destroyed it. They all turned, eyes widened as the orb broke and the magical energy that was swirling through the air within the orb snaked through the floor and around their feet before dispersing.

The purple man feel to his hands and knees, breathing before rising to a stand. He looked to his hands, before looking around himself frantically. He then noticed that he was surrounded by people, who were all in a mixture of awe and fear. The second the orb was broken they could feel his aura. They could feel his power. Weakened after several centuries and he was still stronger than the rest of them. He finally began walking forward and closed his eyes - purple crystals began growing and glowing on the floor of the cave. One of the magicians asked, on a verge of shouting. "Who are you?!"

He opened his eyes, and let his arms fall to his side. He was free. It felt like stretching. It felt like heaven. It felt wonderful. He looked down to the mage who asked who he was and replied....

"I am Magic."

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Arcane: (Energy Manipulation) Magic is capable of controlling and manipulating an extremely potent form of magical energy. He can use it to create complex constructs such as bridges, walls and even weaponry or he can channel it into several different forms, such as pillars, explosions, bolts, beams etc. Generic energy manipulation. This energy is usually white/purple in colour. It is magical in nature and can exploit weaknesses to magic. If he were to charge up for several moments, he would be capable of leveling a city block.

Power 2: Mystic: (Telepathy) Magic is capable of reading minds and speaking to those around him telepathically. He is capable of going into someone's head in order to search for a specific thought. His eyes and the symbol on his forehead glow bright purple when he is using this ability. This requires permission.

Power 3: Sorcery: (Telekinesis) Magic is able to channel magical energy into a more kinetic form. He can use this ability to move matter and deflect objects with great precision. If he were to focus on it, he would be capable of splitting a pile of sand into indivdual grains. This power is primary used defensively, to block attacks or deflect them - but it can be used offensively, such as lifting huge objects and with permission, tearing people asunder. Magic uses this to achieve flight.

Power 4: Mage: (Crystals) Magic can literally condense magical energy into a physical form. It takes the form of extremely dense crystals that are the same colour as amethysts. He is capable of controlling these gems like a cryokinetic controls ice. He can create vague constructs from them. When broken, they leak a substance called Lyrium which is harmless but... warm. With permission, he can use this to block magical attacks by turning them to crystal. These crystals at hot to the touch but create mist in the air as if they were ice cold. (It's magic). Magic is capable of a firing a special beam that turns those it touches into statues made of this gemstone.

Power 5: Hypnosis: (Mental) Magic can use, you guessed it, magic to control another person's mind. With permission he is capable of controling someone's actions or forcing them to sleep, eat, pee and other bodily functions. Those who are under his influence's eyes glow purple and they have a pentacle form on their forehead for the duration.

Power 6: Wizardry: (Portals and Teleportation) Magic is able to create purple portals. In threads they must be placed on a surface, however if it is for a plot or an entrance/exit, they may be generated in thin air and used to traverse huge distances. He may also teleport up to a maximum distance of 300 feet in thread, however as in entrance/exit he can travel a much larger distance.

Power 7: Magi: (Resurrection) Magic can channel magic into a corpse in order to restore it. He can restore corpses to a husk, zombie like state for free (they get branded with the same glowing eyes and pentacle as those he is controlling). However, he can restore someone to their full life-like state at a cost. A cost which Magic may choose.

Power 8: Spellbook: Magic can 'filter' pure magical energy to perform a variety of effects.

Fireball: Does what it says on the tin.
Fire Tornado: Magic creates a burning tornado of magical fire around his body.
Ice Stream: Magic channels a freezing stream of ice.
Blizzard:  Magic generates a vicious localized snow storm for about a minute.
Wind: Magic creates a strong gust of wind from a direction of his choosing.
Lightning: Magic channels a single bolt but strong bolt of lightning from his body.
Storm: Magic creates a violent lightning storm in the sky for a few moments, which rains and strikes with lightning several times.
Mute: Magic stops a mage from casting magic related abilities (permission only)
Duplicate: Magic splits off into 5 other versions of himself, each of which are capable of firing magical energy and flight but share his weaknesses.
Phase: Magic becomes intangible for 1 post, unable to harm or be harmed.
Healing Light: Magic eminates a soothing purple glow, which begins to heal the wounds of those it touches.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: The Ring: Magic wears a simple, black ring around his right hand's little finger. If removed, his strength is slowly drained and if not returned, he'll eventually die.

Weakness 2: Circle of Containment: If surrounded by sapphires, arranged in a vaguely circular shape - Magic will be trapped within it. His magic will not be able to influence anything beyond the circle and he will not be able to leave it until the circle is broken.

Weakness 3: Vulerable: Magic himself is no more durable than your average human and relies on shields to absorb damage.

Weakness 4: Glow: Objects that Magic is controlling with his telekinesis glow a bright vivid purple, meaning that sneak attacks are a near impossibility.

Weakness 5: Pentacle: The Pentacles that burn into people he has resurrected as thralls/is mind controlling reveal their current state meaning that deception is impossible unless the sign is extremely well hidden.

Weakness 6: Wards: Magic is gradually weakened in areas that are warded against magical powers.

Weakness 7: Gold: If Gold touches Magic's skin, it will burn as if it had been touched by acid. Gold is also capable of passing through his shielding and he cannot control it with his telekinesis. Only pure gold though. If it is in an alloy or altered in some way, it becomes like any other metal.

Weakness 8: Magic tends to look at things from a calculated view, meaning that if something makes more sense he will probably do it, regardless of the moral issues. For example, if he was trying to contain an explosion but realised he couldn't, he would teleport away - leaving the people to die. Because in his eyes, it is wiser for thousands to die and him to escape than for him to die with those thousands. This can lead to several enemies and social isolation.

Weakness 9: Movement: Magic requires body movements to use 95% of his powers. If you restrain his limbs he'll lose access to his powers until they're restored. If you were to completely immobilize him, the only powers he could access would be his telepathy and mind control.

Weakness 10: Double edged blessing: Magic's healing spell can effect those he doesn't want it too. He could try to heal his allies but accidentally restore the energy and heal of their opponent.

Weakness 11: Magical Nature: Due to his completely magical nature, Magic's knowledge of technology is limited. He does not know how to use computers, etc.

Weakness 12: Cost: As said above, Magic cannot fully restore someone to life for free. He must ask for something in return, and by the nature of the spell - it is always something severe, such as a hand.

Weakness 13: Mana: Magic can not cast anymore than 10 of his spells per thread.

Weakness 14: Cigam: If you say Magic backwards three times, Magic is banished to a magical realm for an entire week.

Weakness 15: Aura: Magic's aura is extremely strong, meaning that anyone with the ability to sense magical energy will be able to find him, regardless as to where he is on the planet. So essentially, he cannot hide from mages.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

Symbols: Magic is frequently followed by projections of magical symbols which seem to burn themselves into the air and ground for several seconds before fading.

Food: Magic does not need it. He lives off magical energy, something he creates plenty off.

Spellcasting: Magic may cast spells which aren't listed above that further the plot (such as a spell to open a magical door etc.) with permission.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility: 3
Endurance: 4
Reaction: 2
Strength: 1

Last edited by Magic on August 9th 2015, 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gemini
Gemini
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 111
Humor : You relieved or satisfied a demand or feeling all over my face
Registration date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Magic Empty Re: Magic

Post by Forceaus June 2nd 2015, 10:28 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss June 2nd 2015, 10:29 pm

Yeah sure why not. Post.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Magic D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha August 8th 2015, 8:51 pm

Moved for edits

Magic CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini August 9th 2015, 4:08 pm

Removed 8 spells due to new 3;1 spell weakness ratio
Gemini
Gemini
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 111
Humor : You relieved or satisfied a demand or feeling all over my face
Registration date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien August 9th 2015, 9:08 pm

I don't like most of the weaknesses, but I've seen worse be approved.

So this app is going to be deleted when I get around to it.

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top