The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_vote_lcapSomething about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_voting_barSomething about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_vote_lcapSomething about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_voting_barSomething about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Something about Bank robberies and cliche's [Bonnington]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] Empty Something about Bank robberies and cliche's [Bonnington]

Post by The Bolt February 12th 2015, 5:47 pm

Chicago Illinois, the windy city or whatever else people called it. To Colin, it was just another place he lived, though this time it was simple because Travis wanted him to go to this college that he had said so many good things about. Easy for him really, when he had that superhuman brain of his, and he had to work with a well wired, but still very human one. Luckily, this did not inhibit his heroic passion, which involved beating the snot out of bad guys, and basking in the adoration showered upon him by the people. The containment capsule for the suit would open, glass parting and allowing him access to the item itself. The suit would split open to allow him to step into it, closing around his body almost warmly as it would initialize.

Numbers would flash across the visor, informing him of so many things happening around the city. One thing caught his interest, or rather because it was the only thing that he could really get himself acting upon. A bank robbery was one of the most cliche crimes for a hero to stop, but then again he had too start somewhere. Activating the suits thrusters, Vanguard would take flight into the sky, flying through it at impressive speeds as the city below would become a blur. Distance would close the faster he went, until the suit reached that speed limit built within it. He was closing in, around a minute between him and the destination, which passed quicker than thought. Soon enough, Vanguard would descend upon the scene, bank surrounded by the police, forming a sort of barricade around the front. ”Yesh, tough crowd.” Colin muttered, noting that they seemed almost annoyed by his arrival.

As if the cause of collateral damage had arrived, but then again he could not blame them. Heroes were becoming less liked, for one reason or another. ”Begin scan.” He said only loud enough for the suit to register, as it would begin just that, catching around three criminals within the building. Six hostages, which means he would have to deal with those as well....not good.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] Empty Re: Something about Bank robberies and cliche's [Bonnington]

Post by Bonnington February 12th 2015, 8:11 pm

Air travel was still something that Desmond wasn't fully used to. He always told himself he would never get on an airplane if he could avoid it, and now he had absolutely no use for them. Since he found out he could fly, and do it as fast as he could run, he had been steadily branching out from his hometown and stopping crime in different areas of his state. He mainly stuck to St. Louis as it was the biggest city in his state, and steadily made a name for himself. He had mainly stopped small time criminals or joy-riders in the last few months, and was surprised at how many people would keep shooting at him after the first few bullets bounce off harmlessly. And while some people look at him as warily as they do other superhumans, the thanks of the people he's helped have had far more impact on him that the untrustworthy glances of people he doesn't even know.

Desmond pushed these idle thoughts aside however as he neared the city of Chicago. Slowing himself down to a "cruising speed" as he observes the city. It's a grand city in its own right, but Desmond never really cared enough about it to properly research it, though he had heard enough nowadays. That while Chicago still looked fairly nice, it had become one of the most crime ridden cities in the States, due in no small part to the supervillains that frequented the city.  And the crime is both halted and continued by the presence of  the Guardians' headquarters in the heart of the city. While they are the main force of good in the city and the main reason only the craziest or coldest criminals try anything in this city, their presence attracts all kinds of people who wish nothing but harm on the city. Though from what he's heard about the city, they'd be just about the same, if not worse, were the Guardians to have their base elsewhere. As he flew low over the city, thinking idly to himself, Desmond had been looking and listening closely for any signs of major crime activity. After all, he didn't necessarily come here in full costume just to see the sights.

He didn't have to look for long though, as he heard numerous siren close by, and flew to their source. Reaching the point and hovering in the sky far overhead, Desmond looked down and saw a line of cop cars forming a loose barricade around the entrance to a building, and naturally many citizens were crowded around the area to observe the situation. As he descended for a closer look, he saw a figure that easily stood out from everyone in the area, on account of the high-tech suit the guy was wearing. At first, Desmond was worried that this guy was the reason for all the police, but saw that none of them were aiming at him, and that the tech suit guy was facing the building and not the cops. As he came down, he landed with a thud a short distance away from the tech suit guy, leaving small crack laden craters where he landed. He could easily hear the gasps of the people as he landed, and the guns of the cops making clicks and such as their aim was shifted to him. He was still wary of the mech-man, so Desmond cautiously approached him. "Are...are you another hero? If so...i'm...well...i'm Megaton. A hero." Desmond looked around at the cops who looked nervous as they kept their sights on him, and looked at the building to see that they were standing in front of a bank. Well this seems fairly cliche, he thought as he turned his attention back to the mech-man, waiting to see what would happen.
Bonnington
Bonnington

Quote : "Visit progressive.com for a free quote."

Number of posts : 2
Humor : Isn't that a bone in your body?
Registration date : 2015-02-08

Back to top Go down

Something about Bank robberies and cliche's  [Bonnington] Empty Re: Something about Bank robberies and cliche's [Bonnington]

Post by The Bolt February 13th 2015, 8:04 pm

Okay, now that he had all of the tough parts of the heroics done, now he had to do the whole bad guy beating up part. Luckily, the cops had recognized him, if only because of his association with The Guardians. True, Colin had no idea what they thought of them, but then again he did not care, he was here to protect people, not to make people love him. However, something would change within this equation, in the form of what looked like some form of metahuman making contact with the street with a resounding boom. It did not take a genius to guess what their power was, unless it was something else, then he would be guilty of assuming. The sonic boom and the damage done by their landing suggested speed, as well as some kind of superhuman strength.

”Yes, I am a hero.” Not the best, but Vanguard liked to think he was a somewhat competent hero. The cops did not trust this person as much as he did, which made things more awkward. ”I came here in response to the bank robbery, I assume you did too.” If he answered like Vanguard thought he would, he had a feeling that these cops would calm down somewhat, even if only a little. Either way, he wanted to get this done quickly, as likely soon they would have more of a problem than before with these now desperate criminals.
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top