The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Shade I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Shade I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Shade I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Shade I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shade Empty Shade

Post by Binary December 24th 2013, 2:04 am

Shade
"Please don't be scared, I only want to help"

Basic Biography

Hero: Shade
Title:
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Metahuman
Hair: N/a
Eyes: Glowing white with a twinge of red
Height: 5'3
Weight: N/a
Blood type: N/a

The Looks

Shade E2987de2-42e5-464a-a8b5-d50ada6df3ac_zps0a51fa58 The image above is accurate except that Shade is all black with shades of grey that loosely define outlines. His arms end in clawed hands each possessing three fingers and a thumb. Past his waist his form becomes more ambiguous, blurring out into a flowing cloud of shadow that smokes upwards into nothingness like the rest of his body.

The Legacy

Personality:

Shade is timid and easily frightened. He is soft spoken and is not quick to conflict. In fact, before his run in with The Agency he was apt to avoid it at all costs. Despite this he has a kind and compassionate nature and will always but the needs of others, especially the ones he cares about above his own. Above all else Shade is afraid of the dark, a fear he has had to constantly deal with since his kidnapping and subsequent torture at the hands of The Agency. Because of this, and his undying urge to help others, Shade, when faced with danger exhibits a surprising bravery. Unfortunately he seems to only exhibit this when it is others who are in danger, not himself. If that is the case he will most likely cower, to frightened to use his abilities because they mean entering the darkness. But when someone is put in danger Shade will spring in to action, risking life and limb and facing his fears head on to ensure another's safety. Shade's appearance further amplifies his shyness as most people take one look at him and assume he is some dark creature of the night, a monster. Unless he feels comfortable or confident about his situation, it is unlikely that Shade will show himself to somebody unless absolutely necessary.

History:

Unfortunately much of Shade's past has been lost to him. He remembers no family, no friends, no life before the cell. Only darkness, that distinct primal fear of what demons lie in wait just beyond the veil of our sight when we shut our eyes and the darkness closes in. The cell, even though it is the first thing he remembers he knew it wasn't home. He was 14 at the time, stuck in a room with no lights, no windows, only the encroaching darkness and the horrors that filled his mind. Even then he had been called Shade, a code name given to him by members of the agency for the abilities that his meta-gene granted him. He looked like a normal kid back then, he knew it from the few glimpses of light he would get when they open a small door in his room letting in an impossibly bright beam of light. In those brief glimpses he received as they shoved a tray of slop in he confirmed with his sight that he had not in fact lost his shape and melded with the swallowing darkness.

It was maddening. Days passed, with only the twisted and guttural sounds of his screaming to keep him company and confirm that he indeed still existed. Time became immaterial as the walls seemed to march in on the poor boy threatening to devour him into the inky black night. Every now and then he would feel movement. Somehow they would transport him from his cell to another room, still dimly lit but enough that he could see his surroundings. He would already be strapped down by the time the black cloaked figure entered the room. He would later come to understand that this was a lab, where they tested on him different treatments to enhance or nullify the abilities granted by his meta-gene. regardless of the treatment it was always painful. Not only physically but psychologically. His keepers were so cold. he longed for human compassion, for some human contact to tell him he would not be returned to the cell where the monsters would come for him. He would scream at them to help to the point that words ran into incoherent babbling then died into a low whimper. All the while their cold expressions went unchanged, the ice in their hearts so thick that it permeated through their skin and caused the temperature of the room to drop a degree or two. There was no compassion for him. He was a beaten dog, trained to some ungodly purpose with no end in site. Only the torturous eternity in the dark and empty hell that surrounded him.

It was far too much for his small mind to handle and eventually Shade's caretakers got their result. It seemed like years since he had been let out. The hideous creatures of the dark ever encroaching on his feeble form. At any moment they would tear him limb from limb and no one would respond to his screams. In his fear the poor child snapped. He shut his eyes tight to the madness, finding no more solace in the pitch of his eyelids but some shred of comfort in the control. He screamed until his lungs gave out then screamed even more. When he finally opened his eyes, his breath exhausted he was not in his cell. No instead there was light all about him. It was blinding,. Surely this must be heaven, finally his torments were over he thought as he his eyes tried desperately to adjust to a brightness they had not experienced in his short memory.

Slowly they cleared, but not to reveal cherubs and the gates of St. Peter but a small field in wood, with light streaming in from the canopy above. It's beauty was tremendous, he would have cried had his body had the potential. He hurried off through the wood. He didn't know where he was going he just knew that he was out of their grasp for a moment and he wanted to put the world between himself and The Agency. It took some time but eventually he reached the edge and found the first human he had seen in a long time. "Please...you have to help me" his timid voice rasped unfamiliar to him with a dark and sinister echo. The poor person took one look at Shade and shrieked, screaming at the top of their lungs for the monster to stay away. Shade was confused. Surely there was a monster behind him and without hesitation he took off in the direction of the woman. The Agency must have found him and sent some horrible beast to bring him back. He wasn't far enough from them, he never would be. Once again he shut his eyes tight and curled up on the pavement. This time when he opened them, he was kneeling on the floor of a dank and dark public restroom. Slowly he rose, confused as to how he arrived in this place it was scary in this place and he felt as though danger lurked at every corner. He moved quickly to the sink to splash some water in his face to try to calm his nerves. But as he went for the faucet, a shadowy clawed hand reached out where his hand should have been. In shock he looked to the broken mirror in front of him. What he saw in his reflection terrified him and he crashed into the stall behind in out of fear. There had been no monster that the lady was running from. He came to realize that he now resembled the very monsters of the dark he feared. There was no nightmare to escape, no unseen fear to fret over. The cretures of the night that haunted his mind were real, and he looked just like them.

The Powers

Shadow Physiology:(8 DUR) Shade is made of physically manifested shadow. Because of this, he is extremely slippery, his form being closer to gaseous than solid. Most attacks and energy projections go right through him harmlessly. However, he cannot phase through walls or move through matter. He is made of physical stuff, its just more fluid and does not need to be arranged in a specific order in order form his to go on existing.

Into Darkness:(2 ABI) Shade is the most powerful when in darkness and is able to travel from one point of darkness or shadow to another as though through a wormhole. He can only travel between patches of darkness that are 182 meters or less apart. His own body counts as a patch of darkness through which he can send objects and people (Characters with RPer's discretion).

Spread the Shadow: (4 ABI) Because his form is rather ambiguous and fluid, Shade can twist and morph himself, expanding his form  like a cloud or seeping through the cracks of a structure.

One With Nothing: (2 ABI)Shade can complete disipate and eliminate his physical form, effectively becoming incorporeal (2 post duration/2 post cooldown). His concentration and the amount of time he can sustain this total intangibility is limited and once he has use the ability it takes some time for him to muster up enough strength to use it again. While in this form Shade is capable of moving through solid objects and the like.

Grid
Intelligence:3
Occult:
Strength:2
Speed:3
Durability:8
Ability:4/2/2
Fighting Skills:4
Magic:
Spells:
Flight:2
Wealth:0

Binary
Binary

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Shade Empty Re: Shade

Post by The Bolt December 24th 2013, 2:17 am

Approved until stated otherwise
The Bolt
The Bolt
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1262
Humor : [19:51:49] Samify : Sean gave and I recieved many things
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Raikou August 13th 2014, 1:22 am

Moved to trash per request.
Raikou
Raikou

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2014-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top