The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Shade  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Shade  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Shade  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Shade  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shade

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shade  Empty Shade

Post by Jax September 1st 2017, 12:28 am

SHADE

"Bigfoot probably doesn't believe in you either."

The Bio

Hero Name: Shade
Title:
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human
Hair: Dark Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 203 lbs.
Blood type: A Negative

The Looks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The Personality

Before he took up the mask, people called Delmar thoughtful, quiet, and perhaps a little eccentric. Little has changed since his college days, despite Del being a bit more jaded and quite a bit more cautious. He still is not a blather-mouth, save for when you strike a topic he fancies. He still keeps to himself, unless you catch him at the right (or wrong) time. He's probably gotten a bit more eccentric. His sense of humor is still, for the most part, atrocious.

Shade is no nonsense on the job. This is serious business heroes do, and he's going to act like it. If everyone else wants to dress in spandex and bright colors, fine, but they had best come through when the time comes. If someone wants to call themselves a hero, they'd best prove it. If someone wants to call themselves his friend, they'd best earn it.

Still, this isn't to say that Shade is all work and no play. He enjoys his hobbies. Enjoying wine or a good cocktail with a homecooked meal is one. Uncovering conspiracies and government cover-ups are another. If you really think they aren't fooling you, you aren't looking hard enough. Who is "they" you ask? Wouldn't you like to know?

The Story

Born and raised on a farm in Ontario, Canada, Delmar De Vernon was the youngest of two children. His parents, his older sister, and himself all worked to keep the old place running. They'd raise livestock and plant a few crops when they would grow, but the real money came from farming maple syrup out of the forest on the property. It wasn't always easy work, but Del never minded much. It kept food on the table and the house warm.

Growing up, Del was a bookish, curious young man. He never met a question he didn't like, and always found the answers he got a little wanting. In school, he took to English. Poetry and literature enthralled him. He'd often read Yates and Poe to his parents, who he knew were a captive audience. His sister was another story, but then, she always was.

Delmar grew into a fine young man and attended a fine old college, where he met a pretty, redheaded girl and predictably majored in English Studies. It was also in college that Delmar would discover a passion for investigative reporting after joining the school paper on a lark. He discovered he had some skill cracking cases and hunting down leads. Most small time stories only cost him a few sleepless nights or the right harmless bribe. There was a sense of adventure that he loved about it all, and sometimes an element of danger too. He was involved in cracking one or two high profile cases, though he admitted that he truthfully stumbled into them and the police reports never list his name. Though, nowadays he honestly prefers it that way.

Soon, he would leave college with a degree, and he and that redhead went their separate ways, though he never forgot her, nor did his heart. Not long after, a blonde appeared. It was she that convinced Delmar to move with her back to her home in the States, not far from New York. Soon, he learned to lose his accent. Soon, two rings were exchanged and vows were said.  For awhile, they were happy.

But awhile is never as long as you hope it is.

Del found that his hunger for adventure, and perhaps that sprinkle of danger, had never really left him. He couldn't help himself. He had helped people before. He had done something. Something good. Now, though he was happy but listless. He needed to do something like that again. Not only did he want to do it again, but he was determined to do it better.

Hours of the day were spent in the pursuit of this. Early mornings and late nights. Sometimes very late nights. Training and learning soon turned to practice which soon turned to execution. Needless to say, this was a strain on the marriage. It soon came a time where he was forced to choose.

In the end, he told her he didn't love her anymore, which was less of a lie than he wanted it to be. Papers were signed. He moved to the Big City, a bachelor.

He's been doing this for years now. He can't imagine doing much else. Sure, he owns a bookstore which deals in antiques and fine hardcovers, but that is only work on the side. The papers began to call him "The Shade in the Night" a while ago now. He didn't mind if it stuck. So that's what they call him now. "The Shade." It's what he's begun to call himself too. Sometimes, he's not quite sure where Delmar ends and Shade begins. Most times he realizes he doesn't really care. He's doing what he's supposed to be doing, and that should be enough.

The Priority

1. Reaction
2. Endurance
3. Agility
4. Strength

The Powers

Shade has no superhuman powers, a fact which, he admits, is sometimes a sore spot for him.

He's a near superhuman sleuth though and really doesn't know when to quit.

The Items

Shade carries a few mundane objects on him. A small black pocket journal is always tucked somewhere on him. Inside everything is written in code. He keeps a revolver on him as well, though it is not registered. He keeps a personal cell phone but never uses it. He prefers prepaid burner phones that are harder to trace.

His pride and joy, however, is a black, unmarked, 1973 Lincoln Town Car. He only uses this bad boy when he's on the job, and she drives like a dream.

The Fluff

Shade is a total conspiracy nut. A real "Spooky" Mulder kind of guy. I like to try and sprinkle that stuff in.

The RP Sample

(This is actually a sample from an old RP I used to run this character in. It's a few years old, so my writing style and the character have developed a bit since then, I hope, but I still feel it gives a good sense of the guy in action.)

Spoiler:

Application created by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Jax
Jax

Quote : Everything is connected. You just need to learn how to look at the pieces. -Shade

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2017-08-31

Back to top Go down

Shade  Empty Re: Shade

Post by Arcana September 1st 2017, 3:18 am

Approved until stated otherwise
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top