The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shifting sands (closed to Nate)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shifting sands (closed to Nate)

Post by Sphinx December 11th 2012, 3:07 am

Harhorisis glanced behind her as she followed the stone statue inside. She hadn't expected Nate to be a sight-seer, not that she knew him all that well. This temple was way off the beaten path, as well as uncharted, so his presence still puzzled her. She was intrigued in his interest though, if only he'd be straight-foward about it. It was obvious from the map he'd dropped earlier that there was more to this than common interest.

Hathorisis stopped in the middle of the large room not far away from an old alter to Horus, which she left her axe by. The feeling of being back in here after all these years was euphoric in a way, but empty at the same time. It was just another reminder that she was alone in this world. Perhaps it was best to be on good terms with the mortals of this age. Or at least the mortals that weren't trying to raid the temple. Hathorisis closed her eyes, took a deep breath, then returned to Nate's conversation with a fresh attitude.

"Stalking me? Or stalking the temple?" Hathorisis stretched like a large cat, then settled down into the ground to lounge. She felt at ease here, so why not relax? "I will never get you humans. Your riddles never even have a point to them." Hathorisis rested her head in the palm of her had, using her arm as a kickstand on the ground. "So are you here to find me? Or you seeking whatever that map told you that you could find?"

Sphinx

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 Empty Re: Shifting sands (closed to Nate)

Post by Chellizard January 1st 2013, 12:58 pm

He chuckled and moved his hand in front of his face like he was adjusting a pair of spectacles. He then sucked in his lower lip and let it go after making a lovely 'Ahhh' noise. "If I said I was stalking you, would you be flattered?" he asked, a smirk lacing his lips before he leaned himself against a pillar near Sphinx's place of rest. He only asked again because he was unsure of her reaction. He did admire her for a longing moment while she arched and stretched like the giant cat she is, but he brushed those coy feelings and paid more attention to her face. "Who said I wasn't here to find you, hm? But, I admit, I am a bit greedy.. but I don't need to be greedy. I'm a wealthy man, with a lot of money. I was mainly here in seek of the treasure just for the thrill of the hunt. But, if I've stepped over a line, I'll kindly step backward." He had stepped away from his perch on the pillar and rose his hands defensively, his wings ruffling slightly before slacking in a defeated manner. His eyebrows stitched and peaked upward a bit; an expression of sheepishness.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sphinx January 7th 2013, 4:26 pm

Sphinx's tail twitched back and forth as Nate threw his best lines her way. He really was pushing his luck, since Sphinx had not been created with intentions of dating. She was not some lifeless statue though, so she was taking in some amusement from the situation. Nate had come all this way for nothing really, since she was a stoic guardian of this temple and wouldn't let anyone plunder even the dust and sand that covered the ancient relics. So all he had as reward for his travels was the company of the temple's ancient servant. Well at least it wasn't the stone guardians he had to talk to.

"Flattery won't gift you the artifacts you sought here," she responded with a coy smirk. "But I cannot stop anyone from enjoying their thrills. That's their job..." she motioned to the stone statues who were now returning from locking the raider away in the dungeon. "I, on the other hand, was made to welcome guests as well as keep the unwanted out. And you are my guest, since the lord of the temple can't have any of his own anymore."

She would have offered him more comforts of the temple, such as food and drink, but after several centuries of lying dormant beneath the sand, she did not think anything left behind would be good anymore. A pity, since she needed to eat as much as anyone else did.

"So now that you have me here and no others, what did you have in mind?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 Newgrid
Inventory | Guards
Sphinx
Sphinx

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 10th 2013, 4:21 am

He slumped at her blatant dismissal of his flirtatious remarks. Was he ugly compared to the dead guys she watched? He rose a brow at the thought of being ugly in comparison to a perfectly mummified man or woman and sighed, looking back to her. "I think you were made for other things, babe. Like enjoying life. How else would you be alive for this long with no real person to watch and guard? I think you have purpose outside of this tomb. However," he said, raising his left hand defensively, his right slumping into his pocket to fish for his lighter and a Clove. His last Clove. He wished he had been smarter and packed more. Instead, he was a dummy and only brought a few with him. Maybe they had some back in Cairo. Maybe.

"However," he started again, pausing his speech to get his Clove in place and then he took a second to inhale and exhale, his eyes flicking from the floor to the lioness. "You have all the right in the world to protect this place, especially if your religion calls for it." he then struck his lighter and took a heavy drag from his Clove, his lungs having been begging for the sweet and spicy smoke. His tongue danced a bit behind of his teeth while he fell prey to his cancerous treat. "I have a lot of things on my mind. But nothing that you'd like. I'll leave it up to this; I'm hungry, you might be hungry. Let's go snag some breakfast in Cairo. We can race each other there if you're up to it. How 'bout it, babe?" he asked, his form slumping against a pillar again while his left hand shifted through his hair, his right loosely hanging into his pocket. His cigarette was stuck between his lips, gently held in place by his slightly smirking lips.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sphinx January 16th 2013, 2:00 pm

Hathorisis looked a bit troubled by his suggestions. which were outright blasphemy to her in some ways. Enjoying life? Ignoring duties? Leaving Horus's temple behind? Hathorisis was an eternal guardian. "I do not think you understand what it is you are asking of me. This..." she gestured to the temple surrounding them, "...is my life. My home. My ward. I would not exist if it were not for this. It is my eternal purpose."

Outsiders never seemed to understand though. Few ever had a sense of duty like the old Egyptians did. And the new world had changed so much from the old. So many radical thinkers and free wills that corrupted everything into a chaotic mess. And yet her world was crumbling and dead, while theirs was thriving. She wasn't blind to that fact. Even to her it was as clear as day. Perhaps if the world was moving on without any sense of the old, she should take some part in it. She would still never be one of them. But she would not fade away to become another statue of stone.

"Why must all be a race to you outsiders? You do not, I assume, have the short life of the humans. Slow down with me and we can enjoy a meal at a proper pace. Cairo... was once a great city." Although she had seen it again since her resurrection and she did not approve of the changes. Still... the old recipes had not gone extinct completely. The food would be good there. But even in the old days, her appearance would cause panic among the humans. Since she knew that had not changed, Hathorisis would blend in the best she could.

The great winged lioness stretched and stood up, but began to change throughout the process of the long stretch. The lioness faded away, as well as the wings, and left nothing but the human in her standing. "Ride with me then. There are still horses left that have not fled."

Shifting sands (closed to Nate) - Page 2 Newgrid
Inventory | Guards
Sphinx
Sphinx

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 25th 2013, 7:40 pm

Nathaniel watched in awe while the large Lioness turned into a simple human. He let his eyes sweep over her and, to match her, his wings stretched and then vanished with a snapping motion. A single black and white rose falling behind of him. He turned and scooped up the flower, and extended it toward Hathorisis. "A pretty flower for a beautiful girl," he said, his Clove hanging loosely between his lips. He would likely get glared at for his actions, but he didn't care. He would ride a horse off to Cairo and eat a lovely breakfast with an even more lovely woman.

And so, to be continued. . .

Aka, wrapping up this thread so me n Sphinx can get XP. Sphinx is taking a break from RP, so I have ended this thread to allow her the chance to get this XP if she wants to. Ok. :]

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top