The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Sphinx I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Sphinx I_vote_lcapSphinx I_voting_barSphinx I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Sphinx

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sphinx Empty Sphinx

Post by Sphinx September 7th 2012, 1:08 am

SPHINX
The Gatekeeper

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Sphinx
Title: The Gatekeeper
Alignment: LG (Hero)
Race: Sphinx
Hair: Black
Eyes: Gold
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 525 lbs
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Sphinx Sphinx

The Legacy

Personality:
Hathorisis is very untrusting and cautious of strangers until they prove themselves to her. She loves to play games to test people, particularly with their intelligence and wit. She also has an obsession with riddles and languages. She is constantly trying to discover and create new riddles, and always studying any language she can come across.

History:
Hathorisis was created by the Egyptian god Horus, who she served since the earliest dynasties began to rise in Egypt. She became a gatekeeper and guardian of his realm, where she served Horus with unwavering loyalty throughout the rise and fall of the ancient Egyptian dynasties. Her powers were unmatched by anyone but the gods themselves in the ancient days, but were shattered when empire after empire of foreigners invaded Egypt. When Egypt was robbed of the magic of the ancient days, Hathorisis was no longer needed and returned to the sands that she rose from. Centuries went by and Egypt was further picked bare of the remaining tombs of the ancient pharaohs, but not all of Egypt's secrets had been revealed. After years of slumber, Hathorisis rose again as the full light of the moon reached its peak in the sky. Some magic had willed her to rise, but it was not like before. She could no longer feel the presence of her master, and she was much less than she had been before.

The Spells

Sphinx Curse

Sphinx asks a riddle that must be answered. If it is ignored or a proper answer is not supplied, the victim is cursed with one of the curse spells listed below. The riddles she chooses can be very complicated, leaving the less intelligent bewildered.

Low
Discern Language: If someone's language is unknown to Sphinx, this spell can be cast to grant her the knowledge of that language.

Human Form: Allows Sphinx to appear human to blend in with the human population better. It is not a disguise, so anyone who knows her face will still recognize her.

True Sight: Allows Sphinx to see through invisibility and low-level illusions.

Luck curse: Anything that can go wrong will happen to the cursed. Obstacles will be tripped over, possessions will go missing, and fingers will get jammed in doors. This curse lasts for three posts.

Medium
Illness curse: The cursed will fall ill to a disease that saps their strength and energy. Each application of the curse will lower strength and durability scores by one point. Anyone with a durability of 6-8 will only have their durability lowered by one, and characters with 9-10 durability are completely immune. Inorganic characters (robots, etc.) are also immune. This curse lasts for three posts.

Death curse: Though it will not usually cause instant death, it will deeply wound the cursed as if they were run through with a spear. This lasts until the end of the fight. It will not heal completely, leaving behind minor wounds and bruises as reminders.

Grid
Sphinx Newgrid

Last edited by Sphinx on December 5th 2012, 8:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
Sphinx
Sphinx

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Sphinx Empty Re: Sphinx

Post by Chellizard September 7th 2012, 1:12 am

I'd like you to elaborate on the major and minor damages the Illness and Death curse can harm; also give me how high of DUR the curses can affect, and explain how hard, or easy, some of the riddles can be.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Sphinx JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 7th 2012, 1:29 am

Let's hope people can figure out your riddles. haha.

I'd say give them a three strike your out sort of deal with the curses; or maybe at least two attempts before they're affected by a curse.

Oh, and you should explain how long the curse lasts posting wise.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Sphinx JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sphinx September 7th 2012, 1:33 am

If their character should be able to figure them out and the player can't, I'll just toss them the answer OOC. It's all about the characters, not the person controlling them. I'm not sure about the strike out idea though. Sphinxes in mythology were known to devour people for not getting the answer on the first try. Razz
Sphinx
Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 7th 2012, 1:37 am

Very true. But you're also a hero as this character, so her mindset can be different. But, eh. I'd still like a turn base for how long the curses last because having them last until the end of the fight, at least the Luck Curse, is a bit much. A wound, however, is fine. Wounds happen.

-My DeviantArt-
Sphinx JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sphinx September 7th 2012, 1:43 am

Added those in. I just had to think them out.

Sphinx Newgrid
Inventory | Guards
Sphinx
Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 7th 2012, 1:56 am

Five is a bit much for bad luck, especially in a fight that can always have time skips in it. I'd say about three posts by the one being cursed. And Death Curse should be lifted by the end of the fight, leaving a minor bruise or something, maybe a gash, but nothing too fatal.

-My DeviantArt-
Sphinx JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sphinx September 7th 2012, 1:58 am

That works. Should the illness curse be adjusted in any way?

Sphinx Newgrid
Inventory | Guards
Sphinx
Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 7th 2012, 2:17 am

Nope. Everything is nice now. Very Happy

Wink Approved and moved, my dear!

-My DeviantArt-
Sphinx JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 24th 2012, 11:32 pm

Unapproved by request for a minor edit.

-My DeviantArt-
Sphinx JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 24th 2012, 11:42 pm

Reapproved and moved.

-My DeviantArt-
Sphinx JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus December 5th 2012, 9:50 pm

Reapproved for new stat system

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 10th 2013, 5:25 am

Unapproved and moved to get rid of Potency as a stat.

-My DeviantArt-
Sphinx JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top