The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Urban Commandos
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) Empty Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed)

Post by The Ranger November 20th 2012, 7:46 pm

Outside the Fulton County Superior Court, Fox Five News, Channel Two Action News, and other news stations all lie in wait for the court taking place inside to come to a decision and the people to come out. Inside the courtroom Rey Adrian Miller, Atlanta’s top Lawyer once Defense Attorney turned Prosecution after the New York Assault is who they are waiting on. For five months now the young man, aged only 23, has been cracking down hard on any types of criminals that show their face in not only Atlanta but any part of Georgia. He now stands in what is assumed to be his 100th case as a Prosecutor, which of course in only five months is a record to anyone, and here he comes, walking out behind the other two prosecutors on his team who were prosecuting bank robbery, both have smiles on their faces while Ray’s is strikingly absent as usual. Of course, the lack of smile is only natural when his own Fiance’ Rebecca O’ Day, more commonly known as Paine was killed by Doctor Necrodium in the Assault.

Ray looks at all the cameras, at all the people gathered around just to hear the case and how it went; he shakes his head in disdain. That is all they care about, whether or not the case was won or lost, they care not for the money spent to speed it along at the pace wanted by the people, they care not for the crooked system and how desperately he is trying to make things right again. On an even deeper note they care not for the people who are hurt, harmed, or emotionally scarred from the acts committed by the criminal scum who infest their great country day by day, night by night. He ignores the press and their ‘pressing’ questions as per usual, instead walking away from the bustling crowed and up to his car.

Millions of thoughts cross the young man’s mind as he steps into the Ferrari Enzo, and takes off down the street, at street approved speed levels of course. One musn’t be a hypocrite and prosecute others for things he himself does, and so of course soon he comes up to a red light. A red light in where he spots something odd happening in a alley not too far off. A scene of a mugging, closing his eyes he takes off at blinding speeds out of the car, grabs the mugger putting him in a trash can then races back into his car before anyone without a watchful eye could see him. At least that was what he thought….

Last edited by The Ranger on November 24th 2012, 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) TheRangerFinishedResize-1
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 535
Job : Lawyer in training
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) Empty Re: Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed)

Post by Forceaus November 22nd 2012, 10:53 pm

John Capore was still down in good old Atlanta, Georgia on that day.It was only yesterday that he had done battle with that psychotic woman with the ability to manipulate shadows as she pleased and was using them to torture and endanger people left and right.It was definitely a good thing that he had managed to put a stop to what she was doing even though it was rather unfortunate that she managed to get away.John wondered if perhaps she was still located within the boundaries of this large southeastern city or not.Had she been arrested perhaps.Considering her powers it was probably not the case.Not unless they had some special method available to contain metahuman powers.Considering what had been going on recently that could be the case.

John had spent nearly an hour and a half in a mall searching for some things he was interested in getting.Unfortunately his efforts were to no avail.He could not for the life of him find a single thing at all.They were all either sold out or not even being sold at all.John was disappointed by this fact of life.

John sat down upon a bench and relaxed a bit.Seconds later his mind was suddenly flooded with recent memories of the negative variety.Flashbacks of recent very tough times were everywhere in his thoughts.He hung his head down in sadness and despair due to all of this.It was really starting to get to him.He then heard a voice that seemed to be talking to him."Are you ok there?" John looked up and saw a crowd of boy and girls around his age passing by slowly.One of the girls had stopped to check up on him."Yeah I'm alright.Just a bit tired." he told her halfheartedly."Ok, just checking." the girl said as she got moving again and caught up with all her friends.John was somewhat relieved by what just happened.Having somebody show concern was a nice feeling.

About a minute later he was up and out of the mall and back into the streets of the city.Various people walked the streets as traffic passed by.John just kept walking down the street until it started to clear.He had entered one of the less busier areas.He was just minding his own business when he noticed something across the street.An attempt at a mugging was occuring."Oh no." he was thinking.He did not want to get into costume at this moment in time.As he tried to figure out what best to do a man ran out of his car and attacked the mugger, taking him out in mere seconds before heading back into his car.What was most shocking about this sudden act of generosity was how fast the man moved.The speed he was moving out was nearly untrackable.That's what it looked like to him."Is that guy a meta?" he was thinking upon seeing all that.
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) Empty Re: Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed)

Post by The Ranger November 23rd 2012, 3:45 pm

Rey looked in his rearview mirror and groaned when he saw the face of the teenager staring back at him, knowing the kid saw everything. He wasn’t sure how he knew but deductive reasoning put it down to that, and the other two possibilities that the kid knew who he was or just really liked the car. He was pretty sure it wasn’t the second one so it had to be either that the kid saw him or liked his car, as much as he wished it was the car he knew it couldn’t be because this was an older model of Ferrari, a 2012 to be honest and so he knew the kid didn’t even care to think about it.

He sighed and turned the car around pulling up in front of the kid, coming to a stop he got out and closed the door. His black glasses and suit gave off the aurora that he was someone important, someone who meant business but if John looked closer at the face and perhaps imagined a hood covering the face, with the glasses still there but perhaps replaced by a small black mask he could perhaps notice who the man with super human speed truly was. Ranger of course didn’t care to notice the resemblance to the young Talon, or ex-Talon now, that he fought alongside against the cloud in Queens, when they defeated the beast at the cost of half the city.

“Hey kid, you alright?” Rey asked taking his glasses off putting them into his suit pocket; he wasn’t going to come out and tell the kid that what he saw didn’t actually happen because he wasn’t sure what exactly the kid saw. But, he could only truly hope that what the kid saw was slim to none, it was all he could hold onto and believe in a situation like this were the odds were stacked against him. Kind of like how he had to continually hold onto the nonexistent belief that he would one day find and see his sister again but after what happened in New York, he was sure it would never happen. So much had happened in just two years that he wasn’t even sure what to do with himself anymore, he couldn’t have this kid blabbing off to everyone that Rey Miller the Lawyer was actually one of the infamous Phantoms, The Ranger.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
Where have all the True Atlantian Heroes Gone?(Closed) TheRangerFinishedResize-1
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 23rd 2012, 6:00 pm

John had witnessed the act of a good samaritan taking time to stop and deal with a mugger to prevent that guy from getting away with his attempts at a heinous acts.The thing that made this more than just a random act of kindness was the fact that the generous man had done all that at a speed that was far beyond that of any normal person.John had barely been able to see what he had done.

For a moment he just stood there and watched as the man got back into his car and started driving again.John shook his head and let out a yawn even though he was not tired in the slightest and started to walk again thinking this was something he did not have to mind having seen happened and just walk away from.Just as he started to do see he heard the car swerve and looked up to see it approaching him.John's walk came to a stop as the car stopped by the side of the road right next to where he was on the sidewalk.John was nervous now.Had this guy noticed that he had seen him performing that heroic act at such high speeds.That was probably the most likely case due to it being the best reason for him to turn his car around and pull up to where he was standing.

The man got out of his car and walked towards him in a fashion he easily and instantly recognized as the business like kind due to having seen it so, so, so many times in his life before.For some reason this man seemed a tiny bit familiar to him for reasons beyond those he could figure out at the moment.Not with this man staring down at him as he asked if John was alright.Such a question just felt kind of weird to hear from him."Yeah." he said back to him bluntly."Why wouldn't I be?" he asked in a curious and skeptical manner that suggested that the man should not even be asking this of him.It seemed to him that this man was trying to see whether or not John had happened to see what he had seen of the man's more than normal speed that he just used.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger November 23rd 2012, 9:07 pm

"No reason, just find it odd you were starring at my car for about three or four minutes. Usually people look when they see its a Ferrari, but after they realize its a 2012 they look away." He said with a smile on his face, "you like old cars then?" Rey knew how to play people, he also knew that this might seem odd but odd was good in this situation. Throw the kid through a loop was what he was trying to do, throw him through a loop and get him to forget about seeing someone run at about 400 miles an hour in the distance of about ten feet... Yea cause that was gona work. It was times like these he wished he could still turn invisible again. But like some people say you can't always get what you want, and for him it seems he truly never could.

((Sorry it's like absolutely short but I dunno what to do xD))

The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 23rd 2012, 10:33 pm

"2012 huh." he said allowing this man to think that he was successfully managed to divert John's attention away from the fact that he had seen him move at superhuman speeds and instead focus on his ride."I happened to have been born that very year." he told him all while fidgeting a bit.He was a bit nervous true but that was not the main reason for the fidgeting.It was also happening due to his curiousity at the moment.The man's voice was also familiar to him.He wasn't sure where he had heard it before but it did ring a bell in his mind.

John was trying to figure out the best way to pretty much get this man to let slip that he had indeed done exactly what John knew he had done.As much as he wanted to outright state that he had seen it all occur he felt that would be a bit rude to do.Being rude just was not in his nature as a person.Figuring the diverting the conversation just as the man hoped might lead it right back to the thing that originated it he let it continue down that path."Well, you're dressed quite officially.May I ask what do you do for a living?" he asked of the man in a way that might cause him to admit that he possessed superpowers.
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger November 24th 2012, 12:02 am

“Born in 2012, were you now? Interesting, not every day you meet someone from the year the world ended.” He said jokingly having loved the movie 2012 when he was a kid. He wasn’t sure if the kid would actually catch the joke or not but it was worth a shot and it was who he was, lame jokes were his way of having fun. Lawyers had a tough life and it wasn’t all fun and games like movies depicted them to be, hell they didn’t even get as much money as everyone always thought they did. Defense Attorney’s didn’t at least, and with all the cops and CSI shows out nowadays if you mess up even the tiniest bit your case is ruined because they believe it didn’t happen.

The next question made him smile, if only a little bit. “Me? Well I’m a Lawyer, started off here in Atlanta as a Defense Attorney, moved to Chicago for a little bit then came back here and started over again as a Prosecutor.” He said then thought about something, “so kid, where’s your parents?” He asked and although he was still trying to lead the kid away from the subject of what he saw it was an honest question. Even in Atlanta, especially after the NYCA parents just didn’t let their kids wander around by themselves. Nothing was safe these days and it was all because of people with super powers thinking they could do whatever the hell they wanted to. He truly believed that the world would be better if people with powers stopped using them and let Lawyers and Cops do their jobs…that way less people would die. People like his parents, people like those unfortunate in the Assault and…Paine…

The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 24th 2012, 12:58 am

"What." was all John could say with an utterly confused and somewhat hysterical look upon his face in response to a statement made by the man about the year 2012 of which he was born and the man's car was made."The end of the world?What in the world was he even talking about?" It didn't make any sense to him at all.He shook his head while thinking that.This guy was now starting to seem a bit off to him.Just a bit.

John had asked of him what his profession was and the man told him that he was a lawyer.He did not expect so many details for that answer.For a second there John was seriously thinking that this guy was about to provide him with his entire life story.Instead it was more or less a complete rendition of his career as a lawyer.His thoughts were quickly interrupted however.The man was now asking about the location of his parents.Not a question he was interested in answering at all.It would most likely require having to say that his mom was dead and that was not something he wanted to tell to a complete stranger whom he believed to be a metahuman."They're, they are.Well they're busy that's all and I just felt like going for a stroll around the block.Why?Why does it matter to you?"

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger November 24th 2012, 1:08 pm

Rey grinned at the boy’s response to him saying 2012 was the end of the world, so the kid had never actually seen the movie then? This was too good. “It was a joke kid; you’ve never seen the movie 2012?” He asked, or really stated with a raised eyebrow, it was a good movie and he figured almost everyone had seen it at least once, hell if the kid was born in 2012 you’d think he’d have seen a movie about his birth year even if it was completely and utterly off. The way the kid reacted to how he told him about his career was a little strange but too be expected if only because Rey had told him more than what the kid had asked for in the first place.

The ‘story’ that Rey was told about where the kid’s parents were, was absolutely a lie, he knew them when he heard them and this kid’s was one of the worst. “Of course they are, because you wouldn’t walk around down town Atlanta all by yourself if your parents weren’t here…” he said with a roll of his eyes clearing his throat he leaned against his car, his face blank with not a smile or thought of one in sight. “So, I’m tired of hiding it, how much did you see and where are your parents really? There is no way you didn’t not see anything.” Sure, coming right out with it probably not the best thing ever but whatever the kid wanted he’d give him to stay quite about what he saw, if he saw anything and who knows if the kid did see something he’d have to be a meta himself to catch Rey moving at his fastest speeds in that close of a distance.

The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 24th 2012, 3:17 pm

"No I have never seen it.Or even heard of it." John told him.The man who was a lawyer told him that there had been a movie made years ago called 2012 and it was apparently about the end of the world.John had never heard of it despite having seen a large variety of movies over the years spanning pretty much every genre.Except of course for the ones that he simply should not be viewing at all.He hadn't watched many disaster movies though.They all tended to be very poor quality so he generally shyed away from the genre altogether.

The man's continued questioning of what his parents were doing was just annoying."I'm old enough and I can take care of myself.So it shouldn't matter at all." he told him without meaning to sound a bit stubborn.He was essentially an adult already even if federal law dictated him not to be one quite yet.He grimaced a bit as his display of stubborness as the man spoke again.This time he pretty much came out and admitted to doing exactly what he had just done.He had also once again asked about the location of his parents.Well, demanded rather than asked."Well." he started off his reply with.He looked up and down the street real quickly before continuing onwards with what he was about to say"I saw you stop that mugger while moving at a speed far beyond what anybody should move at." he told him.John was refusing to say anymore on the subject of his parents.Too touchy a subject for him.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger November 24th 2012, 6:09 pm

He continually dodged any question that had to do with his parents meaning something had happened to them, he truly didn’t want Rey to know, which was smart, or both. Either way he had to give the kid some props because he was smarter than he let on. So, he waited for the answer to his main question, the question of whether or not the kid had seen him do what it was he did and how much of it he actually saw that was the important part. Apparently the kid saw just as much as he figured and not only that but didn’t seem too shocked about it, which surprised him even more. Most kids this kid’s age would be shocked or surprised to see a Meta Human up close and see them in action. So what gives?
“You saw that much huh?” He shook his head and sighed rubbing his face “you must have good eyes then to be able to see someone run about ten going at 420 miles an hour…” He wasn’t bragging about his speed, quite the opposite, he was actually complementing the kid’s eye sight because he was pretty sure it was pretty damn impossible or close to it enough to see someone move at the speeds he did in that close amount of space. Who knew maybe this kid truly wasn’t letting off as much as he thought…not just parental problems.
((shiiiiittttty post D: ))

The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 24th 2012, 9:44 pm

The lawyer seemed shocked that John didn't seem shocked by having seen him move at superhuman speeds.John had seen alot of things in his still somewhat young life and was finding being shocked at something becoming nearly impossible.He had been at this for quite a while now.Then again metahumans were quite common and known to be spread out all around so that people tended to encounter them quite often.

"You moved in a pretty straightforward fashion so it wasn't hard to not at least see it." he told him in all honesty.He was now worrying that this guy was starting to think that he had powers of his own.Having seen him move at those speeds wasn't really a display of more than just human prowess at all really.At least not in his mind.420 miles per hour was fast and all but still trackable from a distance."So I'm guessing you're a superhero of sorts maybe.You did stop that mugging after all."

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger November 24th 2012, 10:57 pm

“I could see your logic there I guess, but did you blink at all?” He asked jokingly and then of course when the question of whether or not he was a super hero came up he sighed and looked away for a moment pondering the question. He was a super hero at one point, still believed himself to be an all around good guy but at the same time, could he be counted as a hero anymore? Could he really do anymore good after what happened, could heroes be trusted to do anything anymore after what happened in the New York Assault. If it wasn’t for people with powers in the first place nothing like this would have ever happened. “Anyone can be a hero kid…but yea I used to be…sometimes it’s just best to hang up the quiver.” He said looking back at the kid, or at least in his general direction.

The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus November 25th 2012, 6:58 pm

"No I did not blink at all." John told the lawyer with the super speed.John had a ton of experience holding his eyes open thanks to the sheer number of staring contests he had been in and all the times he would search for things while underwater.He was well adapted indeed.For some reason he was still thinking he was coming off as stubborn and a tiny bit rude without intending to but the man did not seem to be thinking of what he was saying as such at all.

The man came to admit that he was once a superhero of his own right but had decided to retire.John wondered why though.He was still young and looked to be in good shape so he doubted it was due to physical health.It was defintely due to more personal reasons he was thinking.What those were even though he had a small bit of desire to know he neither did not or would not ask of him.Personal reasons are personal after all.Hence why they are called personal reasons.

Something that also interested him was that he said he had hung up his quiver.So he fought like an archer then.That was actually familiar to him.He had once met somebody who was an archer that moved at great speeds.He was wondering if this could be the same person.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger November 26th 2012, 10:49 pm

Rey simply nodded when the boy said he didn't blink, some kids these days didn't ever seem to blink at all. It probably had to to with all the new video games and what not, they looked pretty cool but they had to be a killer on the eyes; specially if gamers are the same now as they were back then. And people thought his generation was going to have bad eyesight when they grew up. Now he was just a 'new adult' but his eyesight wasn't really that bad, hell he was pretty sure besides Stalker Arrow he had the best eyesight in the world. The thought immediately made him look over at the cameras on the light posts 'to catch speeders' and wondered what The Phantoms or G.U.N was doing right now.

Unsure of what exactly to say now he held his hand out to the kid, "Rey Miller... Nice to meet you kid, that is of course if you aren't gona run home and tell everyone that I have super powers." The last part was more of a whisper than anything, as he didn't want any wandering ears, he was pretty sure the kid wouldn't go saying anything but it was always good to make sure. Not like he could honestly do anything about it though as he himself had been dumb enough to allow someone to catch sight of him.

The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top