The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Willy the Whale
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) Empty Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join)

Post by Sara Clyde October 10th 2012, 11:41 pm

The French Quarter vibrated as another weak building crashed to the ground. The wind whirled through the streets, causing eerie howls to circulate in the air. A lone figure stood staring at an old restaurant on a street corner. Another booming blow struck the ground from above, not 200 yards away. Slowly, agonizingly, the old, beautiful structure leaned, groaned, screeched, moaned, and toppled to the ground. There it lay, sighing, as its last wooden beam struck the ground with awful sense of finality.
Well. That's it then. The last refuge of the most amazing dessert item in the world has just collasped. I'm gonna kill whoever just threw that bomb, the figure said to herself.
Cafe Du Monde lay on the ground at the woman's feet.
Sara Clyde stood with her mind whirling. How is this possible? I leave the city for an hour and a half and it gets bombed?! What's up with that? Where is, like, the National Guard? Isn't this their job? Not letting cities get blown up? Why was no one here? Why was I only made aware of this five minutes ago?!
As if in reply, another building tumbled to the ground across the street.
Sara rolled her eyes and shoved her fedora back on her head. Turning tightly to the side, she began striding swiftly down the road, maneuvering around obstacles with ease, long, blonde hair streaming behind her. As she walked, she began to feel the strangest sensation. Sadly, it was one strange sensation she knew quite well. This, was the nerve-racking feeling of being watched. Sara ignored it for several more blocks. Finally, it became unbearable.
Oh, for the love of fishsticks,
And she whipped around.

Last edited by Sara Clyde on October 11th 2012, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You know, at times like this, one thinks, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct. - Ian Malcolm (Michael Crighton)

Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-09-29

Back to top Go down

Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) Empty Re: Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join)

Post by Chellizard October 11th 2012, 12:16 am

Is this an open thread?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join) Empty Re: Take a Chance (Open to TheBeast, ask to join)

Post by Kumagawa October 11th 2012, 6:11 pm

"New Orleans, boy do I love this place!" James said with a wide grin after leaving a all-you-can-eat-buffet. James came to New Orleans, Louisiana because of a craig's list add. A man wanted someone to bring a car to them and were willing to pay out the wazoo. Because of that James went from his home in California to the city of New Orleans. James continued to walk and decided that if he was going to find the car which he nothing but the licence plate about, he better start in the last place he would ever look. That place happened to be the french quater.
On the bus ride to the French quarter a loud quake suddenly made a building come crashing to the ground. James deciding that it would be best to leave the bus does so then he began to walk calmly toward the falling buildings. "For all I know the car could be in the middle of the explosions..... well better to be safe then sorry" he sighed.

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2012-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Clyde October 11th 2012, 9:26 pm

There was no one there.
Surprised, Sara jerked her head 180 degrees around, her sharp vision taking in every detail.
Nothing.
What the? What? Where? ... I do not just imagine things like that! Someone was watching me, I'm sure of it.Nevertheless, there continued to be a mysterious lack of shady people lurking in the shadows. Baffled, Sara slowly turned back the way she had been walking, shaking her head as she resumed stalking down the street. However, the feeling did not go away, and Sara, for several more blocks, looked over her shoulder compulsively every twenty seconds. She reached the edge of the French Quarter after about a half-hour of hard walking. As soon as she stepped out of the last street, the feeling faded. Sighing with relief, Sara stretched languidly, letting the tense muscles in her shoulder relax.
Thank goodness. Another minute of that madness and I might've gone prehistoric. I do need to get back in there though. People might need rescueing. Wearily, she turned and walked down parallel to the Quarter for several blocks. Finally, when she felt safe, she strode back towards the mess that was left of the Quarter.

You know, at times like this, one thinks, well, perhaps extinct animals should be left extinct. - Ian Malcolm (Michael Crighton)

Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa October 13th 2012, 12:06 pm

James continued to the remains of the french quarter. The buildings were torn apart and the streets were covered in rubble. "Hmmmm It would be hard to get the car out of here" James said as he looked toward the streets. James continued to walk through the rubble till he found a store. Other then the broken windows it seemed relatively unharmed by the quakes. James decided to walk through the doorway and began to search around for something useful. After about 10 minutes he was able to find a working and good looking watch. James deciding that no one was going to need the money in the register of the store opened the cash register and began shoving money in his pockets.

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Clyde October 13th 2012, 6:31 pm

Sara walked slowly down the street, taking in the devastation. Well this all seems... horrible. Halting, Sara scowled at a large boulder blocking the street. She reached up and pulled her fedora down further on her head. Taking in a deep breath, she crouched and leaped into the air. She soared eight feet up, flipped, and landed with her arms outstretched in a fashion reminiscent of a bird landing on its prey.
Sara quietly exhaled. She adjusted her shirt before looking around lazily. Across the street, a store stood, barely damaged except for a few broken windows. As she watched, a young man scurried into the store without seeing Sara. Her curiosity stoked, Sara crept closer to the building, her years of hiding showing in the way she moved. She looked through the corner of a window and spotted the man. He was walking the aisles, looking around. Finally, he grabbed something off the shelf and made his way back to the cash register. Is he going to PAY for it? He stood and stared at the register for a second before yanking it open and beginning to stuff cash into his pockets. Oh, no, 'cause paying for it would be all too nice, so I'm gonna steal some money instead! Of course. I should have known. I give humanity all together too much credit.
Sighing in disgust, she stood up completely and stalked to the door. Without a second thought, she yanked open the door. The bell gave off a little sweet tinkle above the door. The man jumped and whirled around to face the door, startled.
"Hello," Sara said lightly. "I just happened to see you walk in here. Now, if you don't mind me asking," Her voice became hard. "What'cha doin'?

Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa October 13th 2012, 7:04 pm

James continued to shovel the money into his pocket. One hundred two hundred THree Hundred. Then James heard something and quickly looked up to see a women in a fedora staring at him. James finally knew what villians feel like when they have been caught red handed.James decided that he could take this in one of three ways. Number one he could do the same thing criminals before him do ATTACK, Number Two he could run, or Number Three run. James keeping his eyes focused on the girl moved to one of the chairs in the room and sat down.
"Nothing much just recycling paper. So what was with hat you a dectective or something."
James began to count the distance from him and the fedora wearing girl. They were about 7 feet apart. Then James began to wonder the size of the store. It should be big enough for me to get out of here without harming the girl. "So what are you going to do arrest me, beat me up, or attempt to make me amend my criminal ways." James said with a wide grin on his face. He honestly didn't care what the girl would say it wouldn't stop him doing what he wanted.

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Clyde October 13th 2012, 7:21 pm

Oh gosh, what a bad lier. Sara smirked. "Well, first questions first. I wear a fedora because I like wearing a fedora." She lowered her voice and said to herself, "The last thing I am is a detective." She locked eyes with the man again and walked about a foot to the right. She sat on a box that was lying there. "In answer to your last three questions, I do not have the authority to arrest you, I'm not exactly one to purposefully put myself into violent situations, and I really don't care about your so-called 'criminal ways'. In fact, I believe you are lying when you say you're a criminal. No criminal I've ever seen would be caught red-handed and just sit down. They'd either attack me, or run faster than you could say 'Hi'. And I, uh, really don't think you plan on recycling that money. Now please, if you would, tell me the TRUTH. And your name would be helpful." Sara leaned back and looked expectantly at the man. Now let's see what he does.

Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa October 13th 2012, 7:37 pm

James kept a straight face throughout her entire answer. "Truth you say... well then if you want to know. First I actually do plan on recycling this money since I doubt the owner of the store is going to risk his/her life for money in a cash register second I don't give out my name to just anyone, sweetheart." James knew that the detective would again ask him more questions so he kept himself in the seat. "So if you aren't going to do any of those things I've just said what are you going to do because I don't have all night" James yawned

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Clyde October 13th 2012, 8:03 pm

Sara huffed in annoyance. Well then I'll just have to call you Smart-Aleck, smart-aleck.
"Ok, first of all, NEVER call me sweetheart again. Second, as I said, I don't care. But just sayin', the police don't really like people who come in and take money from stores right after a bombing. They'll probably believe your story about as much as I believe it. Which is to say, not at all." So you better change your story to something more believable in about two seconds or I'm gonna go prehistoric on your butt, Smart-Aleck. "I don't really know what I'm going to do with you. Hopefully, I won't have to do anything. I hate having to take care of people. It usually gets really messy and leaves a nasty aftertaste in my mouth afterwards." Sara smiled wickedly at the superconfused expression on Smart-Aleck's face. "Oh, and if you know the person who runs this store well enough that she trusts you to take money out of her cash register, you would probably know her name. And don't even try to lie about it. I know this woman personally." Sara did know the woman who ran the store. In fact, Sara had been her most frequent customer years ago, before she had to go into hiding. Sara waited a second, then pressed him, "So what's her name?"

Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa October 13th 2012, 8:19 pm

James shrugged. "The hell if I know, As far as im concerned any sane person wouldn't come into a danger zone like this. Besides Recycling is the only thing you can do with money... well other then give it to others" James said as he laid back in his chair. Hmmm how shall I escape this predicament" besides what kind of mess could someone like you come up with" Then a breeze ran through the store and James eyes slowly narrowed. This smell what is this smell its not something i've ever smelled before "So since I've answered your question how about you answer mine. What are you?" James said keeping a suspicious look on his face. "Because I can be pretty certain you aren't the standard run of the mill detective"

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Clyde October 13th 2012, 8:48 pm

Sara smirked. "Didn't I already tell you I'm not a detective? But since you've come to the conclusion that I'm not normal, and I've come to the conclusion that you are not a criminal, but someone who just randomly happened to walk into a store and take a ton of money that the store owner, whose name is Mrs. Em by the way, could have used to refurnish her shop when she returns. And you," She pointed right at him in a relaxed yet slightly critical manner, "Are planning to... recycle it." She raised her eyebrows at him skeptically. Oh my gosh, this is HILARIOUS!
Sara stared at him for another couple seconds before rolling her eyes and looking interestedly at a knick-knack sitting on one of the shelves. It was a figurine of a dinosaur. How fitting.
"So you said, 'What are you?'. Why not 'Who are you?'. Where did the what come from? You don't think I'm human? Well now." She yanked her eyes away from the dinosaur, which she had identified as an Allosaurus. Completely different skeletal structure. "A normal person probably wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. And I noticed you only got suspicious when the wind blew toward you. Did you... smell me?"

Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa October 13th 2012, 9:06 pm

James kept his eyes trained on the woman and slowly began to walk toward one of the shelves out of the women's line of sight. "I'm sure the insurance on the store will cover any remodeling. Smell? Of course not that would make me seem like I was some kind of monster... Besides what I mean't was 'who are you' I mearly misspoke. So before I leave you in an empty store do you have anything important to say". James said as he began to open a window. James really didn't like the smell of the chick something about her seemed off to him and besides he was getting hungry so that wouldn't end well if he stayed around her any longer.

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Clyde October 13th 2012, 9:29 pm

Sara immediately saw through Smart-Aleck's plan as he inched towards a aisle that she couldn't see. Smiling maliciously, she stood up and walked back to the door, where she could see where he was going. He needs to learn how to lie.
"Something important to say? Well... how about something important to ask? Are you hungry? 'Cause I'm starving." She walked right toward him and he flinched, but she veered to the side and grabbed two granola bars from the shelf. Out of his sight, she also grabbed the Allosaurus she had seen earlier and stuffed it into her pocket. She tossed one to him and opened the other and began to eat it.

Last edited by Sara Clyde on October 14th 2012, 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde
Sara Clyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Kumagawa October 14th 2012, 3:23 pm

By the time the bar got close enough to reach James he had already slipped out of the window and began running into another building. In James mind he was sure that it would take that woman or whatever she was at least a good 5 seconds to realize what just happened and by the time she did James would be gone. As soon as James got inside the building a helicopter with a search light pointed at the store where the woman was. Aparently James had set off a silent alarm. "Come out with your hands up." the helicopter boomed with it's light pointed at the store. James almost turned around but decided that it would be better that she went to jail then him having to break a helicopter and let himself go on the most wanted list. Sorry sweetheart but I guess you will have to deal with the police alone. James thought as he headed through the building towards another all-you-can-eat-buffet.

The Beast
The Chimera
Kumagawa
Kumagawa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top