The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Doppelgänger I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Doppelgänger I_vote_lcapDoppelgänger I_voting_barDoppelgänger I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Doppelgänger

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doppelgänger Empty Doppelgänger

Post by Entropy August 28th 2012, 11:35 pm

DOPPELGÄNGER
"You think you know who I am then? Funny... I don't even know who I am."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Doppelgänger
Title: The Freak
Alignment: Neutral Renegade
Race: Changeling
Hair: Bald
Eyes: None
Height: 7'8"
Weight: 170 lbs
Blood type: Varies

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
Although it does not speak, the Doppelgänger has a very curious personality. It likes to follow people to study their lifestyle, but does not like to be watched doing so. If it likes someone, it will try to mimic their appearance and personality so closely that only their memories will set them apart. It has no sense of justice or right and wrong, but it does have a strong intolerance towards violence. If it sees something it likes, it simply takes it. If attacked, it will usually try to flee. But if it sees someone else being bullied or attacked, it will try to subdue the offender.

History:
The Doppelgänger wasn't born. It simply came into existence in someone else's place. The child that was in the crib before stopped existing and Doppelgänger resumed life where he left off. The parents were easily fooled by the switch, and even the Doppelgänger did not wonder how it came to be. It lived out the life of the child to adulthood with mild success in its American suburbia household. It got an office job at a large insurance business, which it worked at for another 20 years. Nobody seemed to have much to say about the Doppelgänger, since it kept mostly to itself and didn't say much. It was attracted to one other person at its place of work, but nobody was ever attracted to it. The loneliness eventually consumed it until the day that it's unnatural parents died a year apart from complications of old age. The day the mother died, the Doppelgänger decided to stop being the man and left to find a new life to emulate. It has shifted between many lives of various types since then, giving it a highly varied skillset. It has been actors, musicians, police officers, mall Santa Claus, priests, and road laborers. Anything it hasn't done before is its next target.

The Powers

Mimic Power: Copies one simple power from his target at an ability score of 4 or less (with permission from other players). Some more powerful abilities can be copied, but only if they function at a reduced ability score of 4.

The Spells

Basic
Mark: Places a mark on someone through physical touch. Once marked, they will be the target of all of Doppelganger's spells and his transformation ability.
Throw voice: Makes the voice of his mark project from any nearby location

Low
Weaponized limbs: Changes a body part (hand, foot, etc.) into basic weapons with the strength and hardness of steel.
Comprehend languages: Instantly learns any language that his mark is able to speak.

Medium
Swap: Changes locations with a mark and transfers one injury between them. Momentum is maintained when locations are swapped.
Shapeshift: Perfectly mimics the appearance and voice of a mark. One PC mimic allowed per topic.

Grid

Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 4
Occult: 4
Ability: 4
Fighting Skill: 3
Magic: 6
Spells: 3
Wealth: 1

Last edited by Doppelganger on January 5th 2013, 1:45 am; edited 12 times in total
Entropy
Entropy

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 39
Job : Sensitive bitch
Registration date : 2012-08-28

Back to top Go down

Doppelgänger Empty Re: Doppelgänger

Post by Chellizard August 29th 2012, 1:10 am

This is pretty decent. Though, you will need permission from whomever you're RPing with to copy their character's powers. NPCs, however, are fine to copy.

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 4th 2012, 3:57 pm

Your Medium Spells are eligible to have an Emission at 6 Magic, and each spell is able to have 1 Effect due to your 1 Potency.

So, that's reflected in your spells area. I like that.

But as for your Ability split up;

Doppelganger wrote:Power 1:
Shapeshifting: He can change his shape at will. By using a mark spell, he can mimic one person's appearance at a time. Small changes in shape like growing extra limbs temporarily are also possible.

For Doppelganger's Shapeshifting, I'd say 2 Ability is needed, unless you were gearing that with a spell or Item I missed in his application.

Doppelganger wrote:Power 2:
Mimic Power: Copies one simple power from his target at an ability score of 4 or less (with permission from other players). Some more powerful abilities can be copied, but only if they function at a reduced ability score of 4.
His mimic Power would need to be powered by the other 2 Ability. I'd honestly say 3 Ability, though.

Also, you could lower you Magic power to accommodate with Raising Ability.

Doppelganger wrote:Power 3:
Reflexive memory: After studying someone, he is able to mimic their behavioral patterns with exact precision. It only applies to what he has witnessed though.

I'd say his Reflexive Memory power can stem from Occult overall. So this does not have to be reflected through Ability.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard December 4th 2012, 4:31 pm

Approved and moved.

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 5th 2013, 12:29 am

Unapproved to get rid of that god awful potency stat!

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 10th 2013, 5:23 am

Approved and moved.

~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top