The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Beholder of the eyes
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Fusion Frenzy
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Pleasant Point
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
Arcana
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWhere the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_voting_barWhere the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_vote_lcapWhere the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_voting_barWhere the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Zonkes
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 Empty Re: Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only]

Post by Illya June 26th 2012, 11:59 pm

John watched his sister's resolve as if it were a physical entity, showing that she didn't care that John was better than she was, more than capable of killing her. It was clear now that Rebecca didn't care about her own life, her loved ones were in New York, their father had made the city his charge and was just as important to her as it was to Pain. It didn't matter who John was, a murderer, a monster, a brother, he was a threat to everything she loved and everything she believed in, and until she drew her last breath, she would never give up. John's eyes flashed his inner sadness as his sister stood defiantly at him with her arm wounded, her clothes drenched with her blood, looking at him with a drive that reminded him of his own. When Rebecca charged, John's face sunk, and he tossed his Tachyon Blade aside and braced himself with his staff ready.

When Rebecca's blade came down, her strength brought John to his knees from the force. It was foolish for him to actually try and absorbed the blow directly, but now was his chance, and if he wanted to finish this, he had to do it right. Using the other side of his staff, John moved the blade away from himself and returned with his own attack with his staff's wicked blade. Rebecca reacted with her own parry, and made her own in return. The two traded blows, and despite his greater experience, John didn't seem to be able to make his attacks connect. With a powerful slash of her blade, the force sent John flying. Direct confrontation was obviously suicide, Rebecca was stronger and the lack of range made it ill advised to use his devices.

When he finally made contact with the ground, John landed on his back, his body surrounded by broken up earth. Looking up at his sister, John's scarred face looked sad and happy at the same time. His happiness stemming from how powerful and amazing his sister was, his sadness for the fact of what her fate was to be. Despite the blood now popping from John's veins, dripping down his cheek, his expression showed no pain, no anger, only a lukewarm feeling.

"You got me there." John chuckled to himself, but soon his smiled turned into a remorseful sigh "I truly am sorry Rebecca..."

Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 Empty Re: Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only]

Post by Paine June 27th 2012, 2:29 am

Paine was quick, on her feet, and with her blade. She was strong, and was not going to let up as easily as her brother, John, wanted her to. She hit him hard, and with every thing she had. As soon as she had knocked John back, and taken a few heavier hits of her own, she was standing over him, breathing hard and heavy. Her hair blew across her face, and her chest heaved with a bit of struggle. Standing here, now, she caught her breath and stretched her hand around of her blade's hilt and narrowed her eyes. "I do have you there.." She rose her blade up and was preparing to strike down her brother; to kill him where he lay. She was going to end this. She wanted to do so. So her father did not have to clean his hands of anymore blood stains.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 Vywjf8
Where the Heart Truly Lies [Pain and Paine only] - Page 2 Paine1
Paine
Paine
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Illya July 3rd 2012, 4:55 am

As John watched his sister look down at him as he looked up, he knew what was going to happen, he knew it would all come to this. The curse of having such an incredible mind, no matter how much he looked at the variables, the end result would always be the same to his calculations. With her sword in hand, Rebecca brought it down to skewer him, and his eyes closed as he shed a single tear for his sister. Moving his staff up to meet the blade, John parried Rebecca's blow one last time, and motioned the tip of his staff away from them both. With the motion, his Tacheyon blade activated, and motioned to point towards Rebecca's back. Looking at his struggling sister, John's eye was filled with sorrow, a look into his true self.

"I'm sorry Rebecca..." John cried, lifting his blade in the air, the metallic hilt beginning to crackle with energy as it began to charge for firing. With his free hand, John grabbed his sister's, looking into her eyes. With a deep breath, John pulled his staff away. "I'm so so sorry..."

With the energies of the blade and the staff combined, the Tachyon blade became charged with enough energy to become the most powerful known railgun projectile. With the speed of magnetic propulsion, the power of the kinetic force, and the piercing ability of the Tachyon blade, there wasn't a defense in the world that could stand up to it. In what seemed to be a slowed perception of time, John watched as the blade shot through the air like lighting, straight at his little sister....
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Humor : I am smiling

Back to top Go down

Post by Paine July 3rd 2012, 4:11 pm

She could feel her blade ripping through him, before it even happened. She felt like she had when she first left her home planet and came to Earth in search for Brock O'Day. Her dad. She loved him now, and put all that hate away. Now? Now she hated this man. This sad excuse for her brother. He was such a destructive man. A worthless animal that destroyed and made New York nothing but destruction. Just.. nothing. But here he was, ready to feel the wrath of her blade. Ready to be struck down. Ready to die. But he was apologizing.. Why? WHY? WHY DID HE APOLOGIZE?

"WHY are you apologizing?! You're going to DIE! You worthless piece of shi--" and then the blade was pushed through her back, cutting into her abdomen and slicing right through her skin. She gagged on the sudden blood that rushed up and spilled passed her lips. Her blade melted on the spot and she collapsed onto her brother, the blade at an angle so it wouldn't harm John if she fell on him. She gagged again and sputtered passed her bloody mouth and coughed harshly. "N-n.. no.. Th-this.. this.. isn't.. how.. it's supposed.. to end..

why.. does it.. Daddy..?"
she started to cry, the tears and sobs silent passed her bloody mouth. Her abdomen was bleeding horribly, and she looked up slightly, her brows stitched as she looked at her brother. "H-how.. you.. you are n-not.. supposed to.." She wheezed for air, her lungs filling with blood a bit faster than she'd hoped. But when she looked up again, she saw a faint figure, one she recognized, finally coming.. finally making his way to her. It was her father.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Paine
Paine
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Illya July 7th 2012, 1:48 am

John let out a small gasp of air as the blade shot straight through Rebecca, spraying blood all over him as she fell down, her limp and bloody body laying on top of him, bleeding profusely. As more tears rolled down his face, John shushed his little sister, trying to cease her from causing herself even more pain. Looking down at her wounds, John couldn't help but marvel his own work, a sole testament to his mechanical genius. The tachyon blade cleaved a hole through Rebecca that was so clean, it was as if you could see your reflection on the sides of the wound, along with the slight charring of the heat created from the railgun maneuver. Any normal doctor would be unable to heal such a wound, the severing was deep and clean, too much for anyone with regular medical experience to treat. John was no ordinary doctor though, in ideal circumstances, he could easily fix the wound. However, despite his ability to save her, John knew that he couldn't, her death was necessary for his plan to take fruit, and for Pain to do what is right. Picking her up and placing her on the ground, John looked into his sister's eyes and parted her hair from her face, his face filled with remorse and sorrow.

"I'm so sorry Rebecca, if we were to have met in different circumstances, maybe we'd have been a happy family. Perhaps if our mothers were with Father he'd have been able to integrate us together and we could have lived relatively normal lives. Maybe I'd be the brother you'd be proud of and you'd be the little sister I adore. In the end, it was not meant to be, all the "maybes" and "what ifs" can't change the fact of what has happened, and why you're dying. I know you hate me, but please understand I am doing this for the one I love too, and I'm making sure that evil will not rise and her world will be safe" John said sitting beside his sister, watching her as her chest heaved with pain and blood poured into a puddle around her. Even with her superhuman powers, she wouldn't live much longer, it was only a matter of time. "My mother, Illya Vanko, was the only person I ever loved in my entire life. She was kind, sweet, innocent. No matter how bad the world got, she would always be there to tell me that there is good somewhere, that Love, Faith, and Hope were the greatest powers that anyone could ever achieve. But she was taken away from me, and our Father never turned back to look for her, he just abandoned her like she was used merchandise. But I do not blame Father, I blame myself, if only I'd have been faster, if only I hadn't done what I did. But now I make things right. With a small sacrifice, my mother can walk the Earth once again and the evil that wishes to take it shall be held off. It is only a short term solution, but with Hope, Faith, and my Love, my mother will be able to tip the scales in our favor"

Unable to face his little sister anymore, John tore his gaze from her dying body and looked onward towards the destroyed New York City. It was in ruins, buildings were collapsing, explosions occurring left and right, streets flooded with water and corpses. The carnage would soon reach its zenith, and once it did, John would have to be ready. All of his calculations, all of his waiting, all of his pain was focused into this one moment. As the Sun hang high in the sky, John closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. Throwing aside his staff, John planted himself on the edge of the Statue of Liberty area, leaving himself in plain sight for the single person he wanted there. With his heart heavy but his spirit strong, John once again adopted his cold visage, putting up his ruse till the final instant. It was here that he would make his final stand, not as Agent Dakota or Doctor Necrodium, but as John Vanko, Son of Pain.

"The Final Moment has come..."
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Paine July 18th 2012, 9:01 am

With gasping, blood soaked breaths, and fluttering eyelids, and a rising chest in desperation for life.. Paine was lying there, in her own blood. She groaned from the pain, her ice kicking in to try and stop the bleeding. "Get it.. out... of me.." She gritted her teeth and looked at her brother, John. It was weird even thinking of calling him that. She gurgled on her blood some more and managed to spit it out while he yapped on in her ear about a clean world. "..Shut up.. the world.. is in ruins.. because... of scum.. like you.. and that whore of a mother.." She closed her eyes and coughed some more, leaning over to spit out more crimson. "My mother.. had enough decency.. to get out.. while she could.. but.. to be honest.. Brock O'day?.. He's an.. amazing.. father.." Her breath was cut short with each word, and she nearly fainted, but held on as best she could, her eyes begging to find her dad.

Her eyes cut away and toward the destructed New York City. Everything was collapsing, and things were exploding. Screams of pain, terror, and fear were filling the streets. "How.. can you.. call that.. not evil..?" She winced and shuddered from the pain racing through her. She felt warm all of a sudden, though, and the pain was easing up. Death was reaching out to greet her, and she was honestly almost ready to say hello. But not.. not until she saw her dad. Not until she had him say goodbye for her. Not until she let her words of love and admiration pass on. She had to hold on. Her ice spread around of the wound and was thick and coating even part of the blade. It was a desperate act, but it was to keep her from dying so quickly. This.. was something a brother should not do to his sister.. especially to someone that was actually a good person.. such a foolish, imbecilic excuse for a human, John Vanko was..

Paine
Paine
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain July 29th 2012, 4:49 pm

The mighty hero stood tall, covered from head to toe in blood, sweat, grime and debris. In the midst of the chaos that besieged his city, he stopped dead, frozen in place as his icy eyes wandered the smoke and carnage. It felt as if the world stopped moving for just a few brief moments. New York City had become a warzone, and if they didn’t stop the Doctor and his forces here, all would eventually be lost. This suffering was all too familiar to Pain, but it also strengthened his resolve. He knew they had the strength to survive this. As he looked down to his bloody knuckles, only one question came to mind; where were the ones he cared for? He feared for their safety, anyone could see it in his eyes.

No matter how hard he fought, repelling the vast amount of forces that stormed throughout his beloved New York City was an impossible task alone; even for a man of his incredible power. Any foe that stood in the mighty hero’s way fell, but his victories seemed meaningless compared to the losses endured. His allies were spread too thin, though powerful and resilient, even their combined strengths were not enough to prevent this destruction. They saved as many as they could, but they were not prepared to defend against this assault. Pain had failed as a leader, as a protector to these people, but he swore to make things right. He had to confront and destroy their leader, his son, Doctor Necrodium. Without a leader, armies fall; everything wagered on this one fight. It would be a bittersweet victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Putting off the confrontation was no longer an option, he knew he had to abandon this hopeless quest to save every last one. After inhaling one deep breath through his nose in an attempt to clear his head, he bent his knees for a powerful leap. The hero blasted into the sky and soared across the smoldering city, his destination Staten Island, just as Necrodium instructed.

It was not long before Pain slammed down onto the Earth before Doctor Necrodium, a good fifty yards from where he rested. Cracks spider webbed across the concrete beneath his feet, but the cracking of his neck and knuckle bones still rang louder. From a kneel, he rose to his feet with a savage look in his eyes, his killer instinct ready and willing to end this. “Necrodium!” His brows furrowed as he barked out to his foe. For a moment, he only saw his enemy, only felt rage and determination, only wanted to make things right and save the few he could. It was all sapped away in an instant when he realized the bloodied body that lay in between father and son. Rebecca..

“No..” It was all he could manage to say, it appalled him to witness such a sight. He’d seen loved ones die before, but never his own offspring. Pain did not know how to process it, he couldn’t even see straight right now. ”You…” He took one mighty step forward, a savage scowl clinging to his scarred face. ”You goddamn spineless coward…“ He growled lowly as he slowly trudged towards Necrodium, the earth shattering beneath his every step. “You couldn’t just face me!” Pain roared at the top of his lungs as he slammed his forearm into one of his daughter’s ice constructs, utterly shattering it into thousands of pieces.

There was only one thing he could do now, and his icy eyes were viciously set on it. Doctor Necrodium had to be destroyed, he deserved no mercy. Pain failed to save his only daughter, and now he had to destroy his only son. The hero continued on his savage path despite how he felt, but was thrown off when he heard his daughter attempt to call his name. Though her words were barely croaked, Pain snapped out of his rage and dropped to his knees at her side. With the little strength she had left, his daughter made an attempt to grasp her father’s bloodied shirt. Hiding his despair, he leaned down to hear her final words. Pain lifted her shoulders from the ground, holding her close in his arms as he stroked her hair; the only comfort he could provide now. “It’s alright kid…” Brock rested his chin on top of her head, holding her tight as he felt the life slowly leave her. “I’m sorry..” It took every ounce of strength he had to hold back his tears. “I’m sorry..”
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Illya August 17th 2012, 2:11 am

John turned to see his father land, just as he predicted, and allowed him to see the still dying body of his sister, enough to give him time to have one final exchange before she died. Though a sad alternative to what he would have wished, John was not one to take chances, and this was the only way to ensure that his father would act according to how he planned. Now it was finally the final part to John's plan. Years of planning, training and operation have brought father and son to the true final grounds of the New York Assault. It was the final time that John would use his facade, and it was time he give his best performance yet. Putting on a smile of twisted enjoyment, John looked at his father with his scarred, twisted visage, the face of a man who saw no light through the darkness of his soul.

"It was the only way I knew to get you riled up enough to go all out Father. If I didn't, your inner hero might come to save me at the last minute. We can't have that now, can we? Rebecca was already in the way, she thought she could beat me with such weakness and inexperience. It was quite pathetic to be honest, good riddance to bad rubbish" John began, explaining parts of his plan and his false wicked nature. It was important that he act as if he was devoid of emotion, it was absolutely crucial. So John began to pace, recollecting the pieces of his staff and sword, letting the pieces fit together in the back of his hand. "Now you're here, to see the ultimate failure that a father could ever commit: the inability to save his children, to bare witness the death of the favored child, by the hands of the other child. I guess such a reference really does make you worthy of the high horse you ride upon, the seat of a failure. How poetic"

Finally finished with his preparations, John revealed his newly created weapon, one that was above that which he originally used on Rebecca, a weapon that fused the powers of Magnetism and Tachyon Energy, a weapon designed to kill superhumans of the highest caliber, including Pain. It was sleek, yet ancient looking in design, longer than that of the original Tachyon Blade. The blade was also longer, and crackled with the ancient energies of Doctor Necrodium's staff, as opposed to the original blue hue. Holding out the new blade before his father, John pointed it in a calm manner, showing that he had no fear of his father, and was prepared to bring the matter to a close.

"Have your last talk, it won't be long before she dies, she has suffered from a severe puncture. It is a simple procedure, but unfortunately the only medical expert in miles is the one who made the wound. So have your final moments, give Rebecca at least that much. I'll wait"
Illya
Illya
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Paine September 9th 2012, 11:41 am

She smiled passed her coughing and bloody teeth, her whole form shuddering and shivering with pain and she felt cold. How was that possible? How could she feel cold? Was she dying? "Daddy.." she muttered, more body racking coughs that ended with blood spilling passed her lips erupting her shallow core. Tears were threatening her eyes, those big bright cerulean irises still full of life, even on her last moments of actually breathing. She felt a stitch in her side, and she could hardly stand to keep her eyes open any more; but she fought. She was always a determined one. Always full of that undying courage, and she was just so up front about things; so hot headed, despite being the Queen of Ice. She coughed again and whimpered, her hand reaching up to grab at her father's shirt. She swallowed, her mouth smacking open and closed; the sticky hot blood caking inside of her mouth and on her lips. She tried for another smile, but it instantly coiled into a frown and she sobbed, but the pain was overwhelming and she cried out in pain.

Once her father, Brock, had lifted her up slightly, she leaned her heavy head into his chest to listen to his heart. She attempted to clear her throat, to speak louder, but all she could manage was a hushed whisper that the wind, thankfully, carried for her. "Dad... your heart.. is made.. of gold.. you.. have to.. share it's.. wealth.. with the world.." she coughed again, more blood, and more pain. She whimpered again and found him stroking her hair very comforting. She was losing feeling in her lower half now. She could feel death's gates opening wide, it's mouth begging for this treat; Rebecca O'Day. "It's not.. your fault, dad.. you.. I love.. you," she said, the last ounce of life being ridden out on a soft spoken phrase; Three words, eight letters, and only one rich meaning. The life was gone from this wonderful creature, Paine, The Bad Bitch, The Ice Queen; Becca.. She lay limp now, tears still somehow crawling down her cheeks. All of the ice constructs around of them puffed and turned to snow, or shattered into slick piles of crumbled ice. She was gone, physically; but her legend would always linger.

Paine
Paine
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top