The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Recruitment I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Recruitment I_vote_lcapRecruitment I_voting_barRecruitment I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Recruitment I_vote_lcapRecruitment I_voting_barRecruitment I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Recruitment

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Recruitment Empty Recruitment

Post by pacfud July 15th 2011, 2:25 pm

Isamu Sora (A.K.A. Bushido) strolled down a busy city street. It was pretty early in the morning, and the sun was barely breaking over the horizon, tinting the world with an orange hue. Bushido was wearing his business clothes, which meant his black button up shirt was open over his white t-shirt, and his twin fangs were attatched to his leather belt. As he made his way to his destination, he couldn't help but wonder why everyone was in such a rush at such an early hour. the city that never sleeps, he thought to himself, isn't that the truth...

Bushido approached the warehouse owned by a local gang. His oyobun had arranged a meeting here to try and recruit manpower for the New York chapter of the Yakuza. Though Bushido wasn't used to playing such a large role in leading or commanding, his oyobun decided to give him a chance. Bushido was to represent the yakuza and try to gain the support of any street thug or gang member he could. His top priority, however, was to recruit renegade metahumans, using the promise of power and money as incentive. Though Bushido doubted that an superpowered being would waste their time hanging with thugs in a rusty old warehouse.

Bushido entered the warehouse, the smell of drugs and desperation hitting him full in the face. It smelled familiar, a scent he remembered from childhood. A smile crept onto his face, but Bushido quickly extinguished it. No time for nostalgia now. As he walked further into the large room, surrounded by hardened criminals, he realized something was wrong. There was a certain air about these people; the way they watched him, the sudden hush in conversation as he entered their presence; that aroused suspicion in Bushido's mind. It's a trap. He realized, just as the first thug made their move. He was a big fellow, wielding a severely dented crowbar. He swung the tool at Bushido from behind, and struck only air. There was a ringing of steel sliding against a sheath, a glinting of silver, and a sudden splash of blood. 6 thugs lied on the cement floor, in pools of their own blood. The others wasted no time attacking. With various battle cries, they all rushed at Bushido, but their numbers meant nothing against his superior skills. Those who survived the initial onslaught found themselves in a massacre, unable to defend themselves against the deadly force that they had brought upon themselves.

The skirmish lasted a few minutes, during which time the victims made a considerable amount of ruckus. A bloodstained Bushido sighed. I know someone heard that, I just hope they don't try to intervene. This probably looks pretty bad for me. He stood, swords drawn, surrounded by a multitude of dead bodies. Anyone walking in on a scene like this would no doubt go to straight to the police, and that meant they had to die too.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bushido
Recruitment 2a5j3ad

Bushido's themesong
pacfud
pacfud

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2011-07-14

Back to top Go down

Recruitment Empty Re: Recruitment

Post by Arcana July 15th 2011, 2:52 pm

Early morning New York was like it always was. A ruckus of motion that never ceased to amaze Sean in the least. Some were going to work, while others doing god knows what at this time. Still he had to admit that he loved this city. Despite all its glaring defects he had to deal with. Most of all his "great, and wonderful father" Pain. Though he didn't like the man to begin with, mostly due to the fact the man refered to him as a punk. It was one thing that he was always sure of himself, but the man was just somethign that agitated Sean. He always had the feelign he was being compared to the man. No the best feeling considering you're being compared to the worlds most powerful hero. Gave him an even larger inferiority complex than he already had.

He was walking through a most unsavory part of New York, though he knew no one could really hurt him. Unless they were some kind of superhuman like he was. Hands buried deeply into the pockets of his tight jeans, knees torn up pretty bad. Though he did that himself, mostly because he liked them worn like that. As well as his graphic tee with a bleeding heart on the front. Bleeding a multitude of colors, which were in essence the colors of the rainbow. Though he only got it for the red, and blue color. He after all was never one for the rainbow color. Black, and white converse tapping lgihtly against the sidewalk. He was walking by a warehouse, when he heard what sounded like people screaming. It was a suprise to him, yet a curiosity at the same time. Sean quickly ran his fingers through his black hair streaked with blonde.

He was unsure if he should go to investigate, or just walk away like nothing happened. Though his curious nature got the best of him. So he silently creapt along till he reached one of the doors of the warehouse, fingers feeling over the ornate handle of the katana at his side. As he crept in as slowly as possible, making sure not to be seen. If he was, it might spell danger. Though he had enough confidence in himself to be careful. Staying in the shadows, like when he was doing his duty as a thief. Still if he was caught, the guy might not take him too seriously. Since he looked around 15, or 16 due to his height, mixed with facial features. It was not an advantage Sean liked to have, but he took any advantage he could take. Slowly he slunk along the darkest of the shadow, though he foot tapped on the upper half of a dead man.

Sean yipped quietly to himself, somewhat louder than he expected though. If that guy could do this to all these people. Imagine what he could do against Sean, though that's if his sword would even be able to damage him. Still it was bad that he even made a noise when he touched the dead body. Sean should be used to seeing dead people after his stint as a serial killer. Though he slowly drew his sword, silently hoping the guy didn't hear him. Though ready to fight if the guy did try to do anything.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by pacfud July 15th 2011, 3:09 pm

A sudden, hushed, yelp sounded in the darkness. Bushido didn't react, but focused his senses to detect its origin. He soon heard the unmistakable sound of a blade unsheathing. Someone was here to kill him, perhaps the thugs were just meant to distract him. Maybe they were supposed make him reveal his fighting style, allowing the mystery assassin to have the advantage. Whatever the reason, Bushido wasn't going to let this guy get the better of him, no one could match his swordsmanship. He sheathed one of his blades, attempting to make the hidden challenger feel safe, and focused on the direction where he heard the sounds. With his now free left hand he reached into his shirt, feeling around the inner pocket for his 9mm pistol.

Bushido believed he had a pretty good bead on the would-be attacker's location, and decided to strike while he had the element of surprise. Twisting his body around and drawing his gun, he quickly locked onto a small, young, emo kid. Bushido hesitated a split second, wondering what a kid was doing here, but when he saw the katana at the teen's side he realized his mistake. Damn it! he thought, wishing he had filled the kid with holes the moment he saw him. He fired 4 shots at the katana wielder, aiming at the chest area

This kid seems small, but noone in their right minds carries a sword into a fight unless they have the skills to back it up. This kid probably is either superpowered or really stupid, and I suppose I'll find out soon This ran through Bushido's head as the specially designed bullets flew through the air towards the emo teen's chest.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bushido
Recruitment 2a5j3ad

Bushido's themesong
pacfud
pacfud

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 15th 2011, 3:27 pm

Sean was suprised by the mans promptness, he really didn't waste time to find where he was. Did the guy have some sort of super sense, or something like that? Still for a second he hesitated just enough time for Sean to react, as the bullets came barreling at him. As quick as possible he turned to the side. Feeling a few of the bullets whizz past him, close. He felt one scrape past his skin painfully. Sean gritted his teeth, as he felt as small splash of blood flow down his back. It hurt, but he would be able to get over it. These were no ordinary bullets, but he would be able to deal with the pain. Not like it was too deep of a wound.

This guy looked like he didn't hesistate to take the kill, Sean had to give him that. Though he was the same kind of person himself. Eyes narrowing as he glared at the guy, tounge feeling over the ring in his lip. This would not be like fighting some people he had fought before. This guy would be a dangerous foe to face, yet Sean felt a strange feeling well up in his chest. This was goign to be a fun fight for him. So he didn't want to disapoint a potentially powerful foe. Taking a stance, katana gripped tightly in hand. His eyes began to glow an ominous icy blue, as a grin formed across his face.

Legs spreading, as he took a stance to steady himself. Sure it wasn't the most stable one, but it never failed him before in a fight. So why would it do that now. He tried to see if there was any water in the surrounding area. There was a small exposed water pipe that most likely had some water flowing through it. Smilign Sean consentrated on it, as the pipe burst a little. Water trickling out of it, till it gushed out. Rushing to him, as it twirled around him in a violent torrent. A few "bullets" of water forming from it. Shooting full speed at the man, each with enough pressure to tear a man to peices like wet paper.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by pacfud July 15th 2011, 3:43 pm

The kid was fast, he had to give him that. Bushido watched as the teenager leaped out of the way of those bullets. Upon seeing him get into his stance, however, Bushido realized that this kid had nowhere near his level of training. He planned to take advantage of that, moving into fighting position, when he heard the sudden rush of water. Suddenly a torrent of water surrounded his adversary, firing small projectiles at Bushido with deadly force.

Oh shit... Bushido thought, not surprised but definitely disheartened by the the sudden appearance of superpowers. There weren't a ton of the little water bullets, but they were coming at him erratically. quick as a wink, Bushido jumped backwards, his sword swinging in a complex maneuver that sliced one of the bullets right out of the air. The flat of his blade was used to block 2 of the projectiles, and Bushido's quick moved cause a couple others to miss. He had escaped injury. Barely.

Knowing that long ranged combat wasn't an option, Bushido considered his position. He had to get close enough to this guy without getting turned into swiss cheese, and the only way to do that was to get him on the defensive. He rushed at his foe with his gun outstretched, firing at the kid as he approached. Hopefully he would be too busy defending to be able to retaliate.

Bushido
Recruitment 2a5j3ad

Bushido's themesong
pacfud
pacfud

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 15th 2011, 4:00 pm

The guy was easily able to deal with his attack, though Sean was able to think of what to do next. The bullets came quick, though he had to act quick as well. Water moving as quick as possible, to swat away the bullets. He was focusing so much on the bullets, he barely had enough time to focus on what the guy was doing. This was goign to be a pretty fun fight, considering how things were going. Water quickly spinning around him, highly pressurized, as the bullets bounced off it. He was makign sure to stay on the defensive for now. After all that guy could kill him if he hit the right spot.

Sean barely saw the guy coming, most likely the guy would try a swipe with his blade. Not a good scenario really, he had Sean outclassed in speed,and skill. Maybe even possibly speed. So eh ahd to try, and make up for it in some way. As he quickly swung his blade to where he saw Bushido. If his blade made contact, it would most likely slice the guy easily. After all his sword was able to cut through anyone, maybe even Pain. So no way was helleting this guy kill him here. After all, he was not a weak person who needed people to help him. So he would have to prove that one way, or the other.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam July 15th 2011, 4:08 pm

Sam walked around the alleys of New York trying to find something to occupy his time. It was still pretty early so he wasn't expecting to find anything major to be happening right now. After about an hour Sam walked into another alley that looked abandoned with a few warehouses here and there. Sam suddenly heard the sound of gun fire off to his left and he turned to a warehouse that looked to be recently opened.Rather than take the easy way in Sam used his shadow travel powers to get to the roof of the building. Luckily Sam found an opening to the rafters in the top of the building and Sam entered to.a.bloody scene with a guy with a sword and gun standing in the middle of warehouse pointing towards a teen with a katana that sent what looked to be water bullets at the guy.'This looks interesting' Sam thought to himselfas he watched this in silence.
Sam
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by pacfud July 15th 2011, 4:18 pm

The kid's wall of water was able to divert the bullets easily, but they weren't Bushido's focus anyways. As he made it within striking distance of his opponent, he realized that he was going to have a hard time getting through that watery armor. The kid's sword suddenly swung out of the vortex, aimed at Bushido. His fighting instincts kicked in, and the katana met one of Bushido's own twin blades. He now realized that the kid had no ordinary sword, being able to meet Bushido's specially altered blade without any damage to show for it. Bushido was suddenly taken by an irresistible curiosity. He had to know who this kid was, and giving himself some time to formulate a plan wasn't a bad idea either. The assassin was undoubtedly to skilled to be taken down by a head on assault, so Bushido was going to play this one with his head.

Keeping his blade firmly pressed against his opponent's, Bushido yelled over the roaring of the water: "Who sent you?" It wasn't a very imaginative line, and he doubted he would get a straight answer, but Bushido wanted to get the kid talking. He didn't have the natural fighting ability that Bushido possessed, so getting the kid to distract himself with a conversation while Bushido was able to subconsciously keep his head in the fight would dramatically increase his odds.

It was impossible to know what his opponent was thinking with the rush of water obscuring his facial features, so Bushido had to concentrate on the kid's voice to try and discern his attitude. He had plenty of practice, in the yakuza he was taught to read his oppenents facial expressions, body language, and tone of voice to smell out fear or lying. So Bushido payed special attention, waiting for his adversary's answer.

Bushido
Recruitment 2a5j3ad

Bushido's themesong
pacfud
pacfud

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 15th 2011, 4:31 pm

His blade came in contact with the mans blade, though them not breaking was a suprise to him. As well as the suprising force behind the the blow was a suprise in itself. Sean cursed to himself, as he now was outclassed in strength as well. This was not going as well as he thought it would, he was thoroughly outclassed pretty much. Yet he had to make sure to stay confident if he wanted to win, death was no option. As he put all his strenth behind the blades, trying to push the man back.

Then a confusing question came up. Who ahd sent him? Well Sean didn't remember being sent by anyone, so that would be an easy question to asnwer. Hands moving to a better position to keep the blade in his ahnd. he summed up, what should be a suitable answer. "No one sent me! I just came here, and found this!" He said it somewhat strained from being caught in a blade struggle. Though he wasn't lying one bit. Still this guy was superhuman, so why was he wondering who had sent him?

It lowered his guard for a second, as the water vortex lessed. Becoming transparent as his facial features became clearer. He could feel himself slowly being pushed back by the superior strength, Sean was not liking this one bit. He had to do somethign quick, or he was doen for. Though right now he knew that if he tried to do anything. The guy would be able to use his full strength, and knock his blade from his hand. Sometimes he just didn't want to be a hero, afterall he was now in this hopeless situation.

Last edited by wallacewells4eva17 on July 15th 2011, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam July 15th 2011, 4:32 pm

Sam heard the guy with twin swords ask a question to the teen in the water vortex and thought himself,'He must be trying to distract the teen so he can find an opening'.Sam shifted to a better position to view the fight and then continued to watch.
Sam
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by pacfud July 15th 2011, 4:49 pm

As the kid answered, Bushido's first thought was that the kid was lying, just trying to get him to take his guard down, but his voice didn't match the general clues for a liar. Bushido's question must have unnerved the kid, because the water surrounding him became less violent, actually revealing his facial features. Bushidos sword was pushing his opponents katana back, so he lessened the amount of force he was putting into it. Keeping it still, but not pushing it forward. Upon looking at his foe's face, Bushido was sure that he was telling the truth.

If no one sent him, then why is here? Bushido wondered, Why now? Bushido didn't believe in fate. If something happened, it had to have a reason. Bushido locked eyes with the kid, and in them saw the truth. This kid didn't come here to hurt him, nor did he want to. So Bushido saw no reason to continue fighting.

In a fluid movement Bushido released the pressure on his opponent's sword, slipping his blade into its sheath. He then took a step back and called out "You've got some skills man, how would you like to make some serious cash?" He was careful not to call the superhuman a "kid", knowing that he was no younger when he started killing, and wasn't much older than him now. His voice was calm, and his hand rested lazily on the hilt of blade he just sheathed. Although it looked like a casual stance, he was actually poised, his muscles ready for action at the drop of a hat, brimming with power just under the surface. At the slightest sign of attack, Bushido was ready to counter with a vengeance, but he hoped it didn't come to that.

Bushido
Recruitment 2a5j3ad

Bushido's themesong
pacfud
pacfud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam July 15th 2011, 4:56 pm

Sam heard the question the man asked the teen after they stopped the fight. Sam thought about his finances right at the moment and realized he was short on money. He decided to listen to the man proposal and if he liked it Sam would take up the offer if he had the chance

Last edited by Sam on July 16th 2011, 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 15th 2011, 5:03 pm

The guy let up on his relentless strength, actually pulling back. Sean let out a silent sigh, as he stepped back a little, quickly, yet calmly sheathing his blade. Making sure to keep his eyes on the guy, as the water came splashing to the ground. Then the guy mention a sort of magic word for him, a nice little four letter word. He was offering him to make some cash? Sean smirked slightly at that, hands digging into his pockets deeply. As he looked down at the floor slowly, eyes turning back to a greyish color.

"Yeah sounds like an interesting idea. I always do need some money, so what do you propose?" He looked up at the man with a half smile. He held up his hand for the man to shake cautiously, then a thought crossed his mind. "Before we do anything else, I have to tell you my name. My names Sean O'day. Is it okay if i ask yours?" He said in a sociable tone, the other hand feelign over the peircing in his left eyebrow. This guy didn't seem too bad at all, past the killing of these people.

Sean even considered he might be a useful ally in the future. Though first eh had to make sure the guy was friendly. Also he needed a good amoutn of money, considering he was planning to rent an apartment himself. So some good money would do him wonderfully right now.

Last edited by wallacewells4eva17 on July 15th 2011, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pacfud July 15th 2011, 5:21 pm

Sean O'day. So that was the kid's name. Though Bushido was new in town, he had a feeling he had heard that name before... It was probably nothing. Sean asked Bushido his name, and at first he was just going to give his stage name, but as Bushido was about to speak he was struck by how genuine the kid sounded, so he hesitated. Finally he decided to to give his real name, despite the fact that in his line of work, that sort of thing was very dangerous.

"Isamu Sora" Bushido told him, taking his hand firmly to shake, "But you can call me Bushido, everyone does." Bushido gave Sean a smile. He knew instantly that he would be a powerful ally. He dropped his hand back down to his side, resting it carelessly on his blade. "And in response to your question, I'd like you join a temporary alliance with the New York Chapter of the Yakuza. The Yakuza, as you may have heard of, is the Japanese equivalent of the mafia. I've been put in charge of recruiting members for operations we have set up here in the states. The pay will be handsome, and you will be paid for each job you fulfill. You can leave anytime you want."

Bushido had worked out those terms in case he ran into a superhuman who was interested in joining. Of course for less important member's it was different, but those with powers had special privilages Bushido was done talking, and so he waited for Sean's response.

Bushido
Recruitment 2a5j3ad

Bushido's themesong
pacfud
pacfud

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 15th 2011, 5:40 pm

Sean smirked when he heard the mans answer, it was an interesting offer indded. Though he didn't even know that the Yakuza had a division in New York anyway. Though no reason to complain about it now anyway, he had a job, and thats what mattered. Well it also meant he would have maybe a steady source of income in the future. So Sean gave him a warm, friendly smile, as he listened to what the guy was saying. Making sure to listen to every detail the guy told him. It seemed the requirments were pretty lax for a criminal organization, but maybe just for people that were special.

"Your whole offer sounds interesting, I think i'll take you up on it. I do need some money anyway. Also its a pleasure to meet you Isamu." He said it with a sociable tone. Returning the firm shake, while he thought of what he might have to do in this new vocation. It sounded like it would be a bit of hard work, but not like he couldn't deal with it anyway. Afterall he had more than enough raw power to take down an armed gang if he wanted to. Though he preferred to make friends, not enemies.

So maybe working with the Yakuza would be a good idea afterall. Still he would have to deal with the heroes in New York more ofthen. Including the supposed greatest hero. Maybe even Scarletta if they crossed paths. She was one of the heroes he actually had respect for. Which was saying alot since he didn't respect people for nothing. So that just meant she was pretty skilled herself, as well as not someone he would dislike. Now he had ties with the Yakuza, whihc only made things more interesting.

Last edited by wallacewells4eva17 on July 16th 2011, 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top