The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer Empty Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer

Post by JonathonWilder July 2nd 2011, 3:00 am

Super Hero Name: Masquerade
Title: The Performer or Watcher as that is what he does. (As is "Look the Performer is here" or "he is a Watcher, don't expect him to do anything")
Alignment: Neutral, but when push comes to shove he will always stand on the side of Good.
Race: Human as far as he knows, though that would not explain Jonathon's immortality or his prodigious talent. He has yet to figure out why he is the why he is. (It is because his blood is not pure human. No idea what this 'bloodline' should be though... have any suggestions?)
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: green
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 180

Costume Image: http://www.robsworld.org/khurshel_large.jpg Though there will be illusionary based sylized changes and more vibrate colors in addition to a masquerade ball mask. His green eyes also change to a violet color when 'in costume'..

Personality: Cheerful, and friendly, Jonathon is an example of the perfect english gentleman. He is also a charmer that shows great respect to any female he meets. This is sadly part of a mask, though, as this is only what he shows on the outside. Inside he is very troubled as well as having a fear of getting close to anyone. He has a noble heart though and tries to keep idealism alive but he cannot let go of his past.

History: (History is very long... I apologize for that) Jonathon was born in the early 17th Century England. When young, it was clear that he was a prodigy, when he first picked up a violin, Jonathon learned how to play it in less than half the time it took his peers, and he mastered this instrument at the age of 10. He later branched out to other instruments like the flute, the clarinet, the piano and the harp. He started composing beautiful pieces of music at the age of 17, but he soon found this tiresome. He then started schooling outside of England with a focus on Writing, English, History, and fencing. It was here that he found a love of reading, not only history, but also fables, fairy tales, myths, legends, and most other works of fiction. It was during this time that he discovered magic, and in a short amount of time, he could create physical illusions of the creatures and characters from the books he has read. By this time, about thirty years had gone by since he had left his family. When he returned to his family, they feared him as it was clear he had not aged since they say him last. Jonathon was forced away, shunned by the only family he knew. It was around this time that Jonathon saw he could not age, nor could he ever grow sick. Many would have seen this as a blessing along with his prodigy-like abilities, but Jonathon saw it all as a curse.
Jonathon was foolish, though, not understanding everything this could mean… like when it came to falling in love. Her name was Gabriela and she was a true beauty. Kind, loving… she believed in him, understood him, and even accepted the fact Jonathon was different. It was the happiest time of his long live. They had three wonderful children, and because of Jonathon’s skills, they grew to live comfortably and had no worry for money, but it all ended in tragedy. The people in the town they lived in grew suspicious of the fact that Jonathon had not seemed to have aged a day in the years he and his family had lived there. A mob was formed and, while Jonathon was out on an assignment for his work, they broke into his home. Working towards killing his wife, thinking she had married a devil, and also killing his children, as they thought they were half breed spawn. Jonathan returned from work during this time, and after seeing what they had done, flew into a cold fury. In his fury he brought forth three of the most dangerous and terrifying monsters his imagination could bring forth, ones that showed his rage, his pain, and his sorrow, created with the dark magics he had chosen before never to use… But he lost control of them, and watched as they started destroying the town and killed everyone in their path. He was horrified at what he had created, and to make it even worse… his wife was not completely dead yet, forcing her to see the evil he could make. When Jonathon knelt by his wife’s side, he saw she was still alive, and he tried to save her… but she turned away. She said she could never live with, nor even love, a man that would create such evil, and said that if Jonathon really loved her, he would let her die. After much pleading, and trying to have Gabriela change her mind… he finally agreed to what she asked, though it hurt him dearly, and as he watched her die… a part of him died with her.
Jonathon swore to himself he would never fall in love again, nor would he ever use his magic to cause harm to any but the most evil or dangerous of villains. He also promised himself that he would never allow himself to grow so angry as to cause himself to bring forth his inner demons again. He also promised himself he would find a way to destroy these inner demons he had created.
Years flew by like a blur, but they were not peaceful, as the demons he had created tormented him still. Jonathan gave his demons the names Irascor for rage, Volnero for pain, and Aegrimonia for sorrow (actually this names are Latin for what they are). He continued to improve his skills, and his learning in both history and the magical arts. Through the years he has stepped forward to help forces of good, but he never made any true friendships, except his familiar Aesha, a being that usually takes the form of a bat though she can take human form, who he found during his travels… she became his only friend. Nor did he allow himself to fall in love, as he feared a similar tragedy to that of his beloved Gabriela. He also learned many languages in his travels around the world.
Yet his troubles did not end with just that, oh no… After what would have been the 40th anniversary of Jonathon’s marriage to Gabriela, Jonathon finally gives into his longing. Using the same arts that Jonathon had used for his inner demons, and his powers to make physical illusions, Jonathon tried to bring his wife back into his life. This, understandably, ended badly… he succeeded in creating the prefect image of his wife, down to every detail… But it wasn’t her… it looked like her, but his wife’s personality, her soul, was not there. He had created an abomination of his wife… with Aesha’s help he was able to drive his Longing away, barely escaping with his live. The reason why is that, though Longing was not his wife, she had the power to draw Jonathon to her. She calls him into her embrace… but the day he does, he knows that she will bring her claws into his heart.
Jonathon chooses to stay out of most of the conflicts between the heroes and the villains, only fighting when a villain shows himself to be of a significant threat to the world or a country. He will take time to save an innocent life, though, and he will also fight crime here and there, but Jonathon will usually try to stay away from most trouble.
Jonathon has been known to appear around the world to showcase his skills. For example, he will often perform with his musical abilities, or in a magic show. At other times, he may give one of his more impressive displays, his storytelling skills backed with his illusionary art, actually showing his audience the story as he tells it. He may also take a woman he meets on an unforgettable evening, showing her chivalry has not died completely from the world, but he always makes sure never to go too far, as Jonathon fears what might happen, and he will then disappear when the evening is done, never to be seen by the woman ever again.
Has no true ‘home’, but instead has many places of rest all over the world, yet at the same time when he is lonely, hurt, or feeling heart sick he does go back to his old family’s home resting in his childhood room, a house that he had bought after they had all passed on.

Powers: Immortality, and Prodigious Talent* that has allowed him to become a powerful user of magic, with focus on grand illusions. Jonathon is able to create and control physical illusions of sorts that can attack and effect those around Jonathon. These illusions will be of creatures and characters from the stories he has read that he can then use to attack others (summoning effectively). He does this by describe them beautifully out loud in a story-like way, but he must be careful not to create too powerful of creatures or characters as he could easily lose control if he does so. (For example, a dragon or dragons would be controllable, one of the gods from mythology are not in any sense of the word.) Jonathon is also able to change his surroundings and himself to deceive others through his illusions, counting making an perfect illusionary duplicate of himself or even more then one duplicate because of a ring he found called Lyssa's Mirage (Will post a item application). He can also appear and disappear in a puff of smoke, effectively being able to teleport anywhere nearby. He can also call forth magical flames that do not need air, but these flames are not as strong as other flames, a trick that he learned in India. Travelling long distances in a short amount of time is also something he can do with fair ease by the use of magical portals. He also knows darker magics, but he has promised himself never to use them.
* Prodigious Talent is the power/ability that allows Jonathon to learn something much faster then most that he will meet, though because of Jonathon focus and interests it will not mean he can, nor would he want to, become a master of everything.
(When it comes to magic Jonathon has a lot of options, yet it should be noted that if an opponant were to find a way to negate or weaken his magic Jonathon would be very vulnerable to attack and harm. Also for his most potant attack, his physical illusions/summoning the spell requires that Jonathon be able to speak, his other spells do not.)

Power Grid:
Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer Wilder11

Character Image: Same as Costume Image

Roleplay Sample: From out of the shadows and quiet places of the room seem to rise fragments of bright images and sound which focused and grow to become a mix of music, song, and stories of long ago. Though each were only fragments, they blended together to almost become a single whole. Yet each was individual and separate. There were stories of the fairytales of ones childhood, to far away worlds, to the myths and legends of old. The music rose and fell and was a fascinating blend of many songs and styles of music. Songs and music of romance, of inspiration, and that which brought a swirl of emotions to those listening. Among all this slowly arose laughter and a voice that narrated many of the stories seen before the group, as well as sing with many of the songs will his beautiful baritone. From among these stories, music, and song appeared a portal in the air of swirling color and an inner brightness with floating stairs leading downward. From this portal stepped a man of eloquent yet flamboyant bearing. He wore a black suit with purple gloves, inner jacket and tie, and held a cane in one hand. From his deep violet eyes and smiling face one could find a playfulness, yet also seemed to bear many secrets. With each step down and forward he seemed to become one of the characters from his stories. One step he was a handsome prince, the next a mystical priestess. After that a nimble thief, and then a questing knight. He became an enchanting sorceress, an imposing general, and a brave sea captain. When he came to rest in front those in the room he became himself for all to see. With an amused glint in his eyes he said just two words... “Hello, everyone.” (This also doubles as a means of showing how Jonathon uses is powers much of the time)

Last edited by JonathonWilder on July 2nd 2011, 2:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
JonathonWilder
JonathonWilder

Quote : Life is but a story waiting to be discovered or created.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 34
Humor : We must save the dragon from the evil princess... wait, that doesn't sound right.
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer Empty Re: Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer

Post by Danger July 2nd 2011, 4:14 am

First of all, I like this characters power and history.

Creating creatures will be defined by your EP. Gods will have to be removed from the list of things you can create for mechanics reasons.

The power encompasses to much strength though, mainly with changing the environment. This would cause you to need to split energy projection within the two powers. If changing the environment, someone with an intelligence could see through the illusion. Creating duplicates of yourself would fall under an energy split as well.

I like how this guy looks, and think a character who controls the power of creating fantastic creatures from spoken word sounds great.

One way of working this out would be to take one point out of speed and placing it into EP. Then allow Jonathon to summon creatures through his EP, and create an item of great power that allows him to create illusionary terrain and duplication of himself powered by his intelligence. People with an intelligence of 4 or greater would still see through it eventually, but the powers would remain intact.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Totally saved Sadie."

Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2011-03-01

http://spirit-corgi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer Empty Re: Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer

Post by JonathonWilder July 2nd 2011, 12:21 pm

Thank you, I worked hard on him Smile

Actually the 'gods' part was me saying something Jonathon cannot do. He can create dragons but not gods. I was trying to make a scale of what Jonathon can and cannot do. Understand? Perhaps I need to change the wording.

Summon creatures through his EP, and create an item of great power that allows him to create illusionary terrain and duplication of himself powered by his intelligence. People with an intelligence of 4 or greater would still see through it eventually, but the powers would remain intact.
Sure that is fine by me. I also took out 1 point out of speed and placed it into EP.

What about him changing his appearance, is that fine the way it is?

Also, though I did not know the exact number, I realized that there was a good chance that others would see though Jonathon's illusions. That is part of the point of illusions, and to be honest Jonathon would commend and respect the person for seeing through his illusions.

Here is a link to the magic item: http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t2823-lyssa-s-mirage-a-ring-for-a-wanderer#45798
JonathonWilder
JonathonWilder

Humor : We must save the dragon from the evil princess... wait, that doesn't sound right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger July 2nd 2011, 3:13 pm

Now that you have the item app this looks good.

Just for rule sake had to talk about the god thing Smile

I'll approve this and then go look over your item app to make sure it fits properly.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JonathonWilder July 2nd 2011, 3:20 pm

Thank You Smile
I had thought that was the reason but I was still a bit confused on that point.

One nice thing about Jonathon is that he already has his own antagonists (his demons). I was wondering if I should post here Jonathon's psychological state of mind as well as how his demons work?
JonathonWilder
JonathonWilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Danger July 2nd 2011, 3:38 pm

Demons should go onto an NPC app to give them proper detail. Here you go

Make an Experience application here, and you can put the state of mind there after each topic.
Danger
Danger
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by JonathonWilder July 2nd 2011, 5:07 pm

JonathonWilder
JonathonWilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie March 27th 2012, 6:18 pm

moved for edits

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jonathon Wilder, an Immortal Watcher and Entertainer Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top