The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Union's Star I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
The Union's Star I_vote_lcapThe Union's Star I_voting_barThe Union's Star I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
The Union's Star I_vote_lcapThe Union's Star I_voting_barThe Union's Star I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Union's Star

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Union's Star Empty The Union's Star

Post by Dr Cosmos March 2nd 2011, 10:04 pm

Из офиса СССР Науки

Настоящее имя: AA-19245
Супер злодей Название: The Union’s Star
Название: The Iron Fist of Communism
Выравнивание: Chaotic Evil, Towards all things American
Гонка: Russian
Цвет волос: N/A
Глаза: Glowing Orange
Высота: 15 feet tall
Вес: 3 tons

Личность:

As a cold war machine, The Union’s Star has no actual personality beyond the ones programmed by his rather insane masters. The Star was built with one lone goal, unachievable for many of its long dormant years. To destroy all thing’s American. Firstly, he was programmed to go after the United States Government, namely the President and Congress. He would then attack numerous Military complexes before finally systematically wiping out each and every major city as Russia invaded and occupied the new land. If there were more models built, the Star’s would have worked together like insects, moving from place to place and communicating over radio waves. They aren't very intelligent; in fact they hardly show any kind of intelligence beyond avoiding simple traps and attacks. If there is something in its way it will often prefer ripping it apart then walking away.

История:

In 1955, under the Warsaw Pact, a number of Communist countries in Eastern Europe agreed to fund a secret project entitled The Union’s Star. The Star was originally built so that the atrocities committed by Napoleon Bonaparte in the 1812 Invasion of Russia and, to a much more extent, Adolf Hitler and the Blitzkrieg would never occur again. A number of European scientists were brought into the project and would spend many years designing a number of revolutionary technologies, not only in the field of Hydraulics and Power, but also in Computing.

The whole project took place somewhere in the frozen wastes in the north of Russia and was completely hidden away from the rest of the world. Only the first generation who agreed to the project and those that actively worked on it were told. An old long since abandoned salt mine was used for the majority of the work, at first only being shaped into a Research and Development laboratory. Later on, it would be turned into a missile silo to “launch” the Union’s Star on American soil. It was here, three scientists worked on building a small Nuclear generator as a power source, which would later be used extensively in the prototyping (even after AA-12 went critical mass and exploded). Meanwhile a series of experimental computers were being programmed with perfect communist ideals.

As the years went on, America became more and more of a threat to the Russian way of Life, and much of the Union’s Star Experimental funding was slowly taken away and instead used to fund the numerous nuclear missiles being built and to fund the Space Race. If not for the involvement of Georgy Adelson-Velsky, the projects computer work would have still been decades behind. The computer situated in the chest allowed the robot to exhibit human like characteristics and make it a highly effective soldier.

However, by the time the final prototype was complete, the funding for the project had been pulled due to the general decline of the Soviet Union. The project was purged from the files, the scientists involved... Disappeared, and the mountain complex was shut down completely. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, however, the mountain was abandoned and the entire project was forgotten and lost. However, after Dr Cosmos returned from his home dimension, he discovered files referring to the project when attempting to locate his daughter. In the nine years he was off the grid, he travelled to Russia and located the mountain. He personally reprogrammed The Union’s Star while adjusting to the new century. Since then, he has been put on a standby, waiting for some sort of signal from Cosmos.

Should the signal arise, a missile will fire from the secret location carrying The Union’s Star inside of it and will land anywhere on the planet the signal originated from.

Пауэрс:

As a machine, The Star has no naturally occurring powers. Each of his powers stems from being manufactured to perform like that. His strength and speeds stems from a highly sophisticated Hydraulic system and a number of plastic muscles. This allows his body to withstand a huge amount of stress when lifting upwards of a thousand tons. These same muscle systems allow him to run sixteen times faster than humans, at roughly about 80 MPH. The second part of his design was more defence centred. Built primarily as a war robot, he was plated with bullet resistant materials. He was also programmed to be a proficient killing machine, often armed with an array of large heavy guns, namely an oversized bullet fed machine gun. (The bullets are kept in a larger amount in his lower back.)

His intelligence is heavily handicapped, mainly in the form of basic social awareness. So much so that he can’t even communicate effectively to non-mechanical creatures.

Power Grid:
STR: 5
SPD: 5
END: 6
INT: 1
EP: 0
FS: 5

Изображение персонажа:
The Union's Star Through_the_devastation_by_perzo
Image taken on 1963, during a field test.

Ролевые Пример:

1963, A Secret Location In Northern Russia

The large mechanical door slid back slowly. The group of scientists watched with a critical eye as the machine slowly came to life, its eyes glowing into life as the nuclear heart burned alight. Slowly, it looked from side to side, before lifting a large metal hand and closed it. Carefully, it took a step forward before the eyes of the watching scientists and, thank the loving god it didn’t fall over. A sigh ran through the crowd as the machine moved towards the large metal grid in the centre of the room. As it came to the large steps, another tense moment passed, before it lifted a leg and placed it down. The metal groaned underneath him, but the gentlemen and ladies were hardly frightened of the elevators performance.

Finally, it settled into the center and cast a dim, sluggish eye over the crowd. Beneath it, an engine started and it slowly began to rise towards the ceiling. The scientists moved from their position, towards the elevators that lined the left of the room. Together, they rose to the surface, as the Star looked upwards to the roof. It opened above him, let in the flurry of snowflakes of the cold Russian countryside. Up it continued, until The Star could see the dark horizon.

To the southeast sat a small concrete building. Here, a group of scientists watched with binoculars and through television sets. They prayed silently to themselves that the stupid thing wouldn’t get its self blown up; however, an audible groan went through the room as the thing ignited the large luminous lights on its shoulders. The thing’s top moved in a circle, the lights illuminating the area around the elevator, before the machine decided to pick a random direction. North, in the opposite direction of the low concrete building. As it walked into the snow, its legs sunk deeply, making it’s movements odd and erratic. However, it seemed to learn a grace as it move further away, illuminating the fields of snow around it while gaining a small cap of the frozen element.

It was then that the automated defences kicked on. The machines that would fight The Star were almost as intelligent, but were fitted into tanks and machineguns built for the sole purpose of simulating a war. The concrete building shook as three explosions went off in the country, turning the dark snowy night into through very short days.

The Star was launched from its place and landed face down in the snow. From its left, a machinegun powered up and began to firing a number of armour piercing bullets, but the Star’s speed granted him a moments respite as he launched himself into the air. However, a second gun caught him off guard. The bullets blew straight through him and damaged a number of systems that began to flash red inside the buildings and a number of scientists had already deemed the model a failure. Another overhaul of the systems intelligence, perhaps?

That’s when the thing fought back.

It landed and sped straight towards the closest tank. It grabbed the end of its barrel and punched straight through it, before hefting the thing in its hand and throwing it straight at one of the machineguns. As the other tank turned and opened fire, blowing the Star from the momentary respite behind the destroyed machine he had used as cover.

As it tore apart the defences much better than any model before, a scientist smiled to himself and made a note. The prototype was complete.

Не распространяйте, под страхом смерти

Last edited by Dr Cosmos on December 15th 2012, 2:27 am; edited 2 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Union's Star Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 230
Humor : Dark
Registration date : 2011-02-05

Back to top Go down

The Union's Star Empty Re: The Union's Star

Post by Pain March 3rd 2011, 4:11 pm

His size makes him deadly to some characters, I'm not sure if he should be 25 feet tall though. How does 15 feet sound?

Other than that this NPC seems fine to me.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos March 3rd 2011, 6:35 pm

Edited, to be 15 feet tall and now only 3 tonnes.

For references, if anyone played the Arkham: Batman Asylum game, Star is slightly taller then Killer Croc.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Union's Star Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 4th 2011, 5:23 am

This is an NPC right?

I don't have a problem with the application, I say approved, just gotta know where to move you.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Cosmos March 4th 2011, 5:24 am

He will remain an NPC until towards the end of Chapter 5, when I will update him and move him up to secondary character, if that's okay with you?

The Union's Star Xf9fet
Dr Cosmos
Dr Cosmos
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain March 4th 2011, 5:25 am

That's fine with me.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!