The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Jack Romero I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Jack Romero I_vote_lcapJack Romero I_voting_barJack Romero I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Tybrid
Sage
Vorik
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Jack Romero

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jack Romero Empty Jack Romero

Post by KING B0SS July 28th 2010, 8:48 pm

Superhero Name: John Doe
Jack never chose a superhero name. The media began calling him Superman because of his good deeds and the shirt he wears. After communicating more with the public more, people simply just started calling him John, like John Doe. It was funny considering how is real first name was Johnathan.

Title: None

Alignment: Good

Race: Italian, Puerto Rican, Hungarian

Blood Type: O+

Nationality:
American

Voice: He has a thick New York accent.

Hair:
Dark Brown

Eyes: Brown

Height: 5'9 when normal. 6'2 when transformed.

Weight:
130 lbs when normal. 210 when transformed

Character Description/Image:
Jack has really no need, nor wants to wear a costume. His transformation is enough to disguise himself. The only thing that comes close to being his costume is his t-shirt with the Superman shield on in it. His "superhero costume" is really just a black leather jacket, the black and red Superman t-shirt, dark gray jeans, and black shoes.

When he's not transformed he has the appearance of the average day nerd. He has the thick glasses, button-up white shirt, white sneakers, and to top it all off, some "dad jeans." While looking like a nerd, he's much shorter and skinnier.

Jack Romero Superboy3-11
Jack Romero JohnDoe

Theme Song:

Personality: Before gaining his powers, Jack was shy and modest. He lacked any sort of confidence in himself. He didn't have many friends to count on. The one thing he always wanted was for a friend to come to his aid when he was being bullied or picked on. No one would ever help him though, even when he begged. Despite all the bad things people had done to him, Jack never let it change him. He remained a good person and never sought out revenge against his tormentors.

After gaining his powers, Jack became more confident in himself. As a superhero, Jack was the total opposite of his old self. The only thing that didn't change was his heart. Under all the smart ass remarks and cocky attitude, was the good hearted person he always was.

Hobbies: Jack is just like any other average guy out there. He enjoys movies, video games, music, and of course women. However women seem to only be interested in him when he's in his superhero form.

Powers:
1.Transform-This is mainly just aesthetic. When Jack gained his powers, his height and muscle size increased. It became his true form. However, he can condense his muscles and height back to normal so that he looks the same as before he gained his powers. This also helps him stay in disguise. His weight and height increase is enough to throw off anyone at figuring out who he really is.

2.Superhuman Body-Everything about Jack's physiology has been enhanced. Flight, Strength, speed, and durability. Other benefits include super breath, super hearing, super sight, and even super smell. Also included is an increase in his ability to heal. What could take months or even years for other people to heal, Jack can do in days or hours. Even with his powers, Jack is not entirely invincible. Jack found a limit to how strong he was. When a building was about to fall during an earthquake, Jack tried to push it back to normal. He could not do it. Instead it took all his might and more lower it down which left him exhausted and weak. His durability also has its limits. Tank rounds and missiles will knock him down and cut him up. His speed is also fast enough to where he can keep up with F-22 Raptors. He won't fly or run fast when low to the ground due to the fact that he doesn't want to cause a sonic boom with so many innocents around.

Fighting Style: Jack has no real fighting style. Instead he mainly relies on using his brute strength and using the environment around him as his weapon.

Power Grid:
Intelligence-2
Strength-4
Speed-4
Durability-4
Energy Projection-3
Fighting skills-3

History:
Jack was born to two loving parents. He wasn't some clone, a secret government project, or an alien from another world. He was just a normal boy, born to a normal couple, in the normal city of New York. If anything he was below normal. Growing up, he was the school nerd. He hardly had any friends, bullies were a constant nuisance, and the girls wanted nothing to do with him. He'd spend his free time at a comic book store always reading up on Superman. It was his safe haven from the bullies at school. The owner of the store didn't really mind Jack coming in a reading in the back. After all, him and Jack's father went way back. Jack would find himself wishing he could become the Man of Steel. Everyone in the comic book loved him and admired him. It was all the same until his junior year in high school. Jack went out of the city for a science project. His project was on asteroids. There was supposed to be a meteor shower that night. There was no way he would be able to see it with all those lights from the city so he left.

Once out of the city, Jack could see the stars perfectly. Now all he had to do was wait for the show to start. He had to wait awhile, but it was worth it. It was a beautiful meteor shower. In fact the more time that went by the more it felt like they were getting closer. The lights in the sky were beginning to turn dark red. Jack was starting to think that it would be time to leave soon. It was becoming a scary scene. Jack began to pack his things up and leave until one of the meteors came crashing down. Jack knew that he should of left, but something inside told him to go towards the meteor. It was glowing hot red and left a small crater. Jack got closer to it. As he got closer to it, the heat began to dissipate by shooting gas out of it. Jack coughed violently. He couldn't breathe and his body felt like it was on fire. Eventually he collapsed. He awoke several days later in a hospital bed. His mother was crying over him until she noticed he had regained consciousness.

The doctors had said that Jack was completely brain dead by the time he got to the hospital. They were planning on pulling his life support that day. The doctors ran some test after Jack had awoken. They couldn't believe it. Not only was he awake, but the doctors said they had never seen anyone with such good health. Things began to return to normal... or did they? One day at school, one of his bullies was being extra aggressive. He pushed Jack into a wall while the bullies buddies just stood by and laughed. He began to smack Jack around. In some sort of desperate last act Jack yelled for them to leave him alone before punching his tormentor in his ribs. The punch launched the bully 20 feet and was only stopped by landing into the door. Before anyone could react to what had happened, Jack ran. He couldn't believe what he had done. He ran out of school and just continued to run. He had no idea where he was going. He started running faster until everything around him began to slow down. Before he knew it he was out of the town in only a few minutes... on foot.

Jack began to panic. He had no idea what was happening to him. His whole body started to shake. Some muscles were shrinking while others were getting bigger. He screamed, but he was in the middle of nowhere and body could hear. Soon his body started to float without his control. His body soared higher and higher until he could no longer see the ground. He thought for sure he was going to die. There would be no air in space. As he left he atmosphere of the earth he became calm. His muscles and height stabilized. Not only was he taller and stronger looking, but he was in space with no air. He could see the moon, earth and sun all together perfectly. For the first time in his life he felt total peace. It didn't take long for him to gain the control of flying. It was almost like walking. Jack flew back down to the planet. It was like a dream for him. He was flying fast, fast enough to go through the sound barrier. He laughed with joy before landing next to a lake to rest and take it all in.

He was just like Superman. Jack took a moment to test out what he had. So far it looked like he had strength, speed, flight, and the durability
since he survived the re-entry to the earth. His body seemed to also be able to use oxygen for longer before he would need to take in another breath. He listened carefully and could hear the sound of a dog barking from miles away. He could smell a McDonald's in the next town over. Jack looked up to see a passenger plane fly over. He squinted hard and could then see the windows of the plane with peoples faces. He noticed somethings were missing though. He stared at the ground for about 5 minutes before realizing he had no heat vision or x-ray vision. Looks like Superman still had some stuff that Jack didn't. He could of had some fun with the x-ray though.

Now there was the matter of who to tell and who to keep in the dark. So many things were going through Jack's head. In the end he decided it best if he held onto his secret by himself, but now another question arose. How was he supposed to return to his normal life when he looked completely different. Jack looked to his reflection in the lake. His height and weight were completely different. Keeping this secret wouldn't work. As he looked on something began to happen. His body was morphing back to normal by Jack's own will. He could change his body into his new form or change it into his old form. Keeping the secret would be easy after all.

Tragedy did strike Jack's life after gaining his powers. His mother had developed cancer and 3 years later died. He was greatly depressed and secluded himself from the world. He'd often spend days away from home often flying into space to stare off into the horizon that lead to the sun. One day after returning home he was met by his father. Apparently he had found something that his mother had left. It was for Jack. He didn't know what it was. Later that night he opened it up. Inside was a t-shirt with a note. It simply just said "... because the world needs you." Jack lifted up the t-shirt. It was black with a red S on it. Not just any S, but the Superman S. Another note fell out from the shirt "Also I didn't think you'd wanna wear tights." Jack laughed while shedding a small tear He didn't know how, but his mother had discovered his secret before she died. To this day Jack still doesn't know how.

It was funny for Jack. When he was a kid he'd always read Superman comics and dreamed of being just like him. Now it was reality. It was time for him to embrace his responsibility and help the world with his powers.

Roleplay Sample:
It was night and Jack was on patrol. Looked as though it was a quiet night. He began to hear something from far away. There were police sirens. Sounded like a chase. Jack flew to the direction of the chase. Low and behold, there were the police cruisers. Just ahead of them was a Honda civic. Jack shook his head.

"Why do they always run. It's not like they're going to get away."

Jack increased his flight speed to catch up to the car. Eventually he got in front of it and stopped it with his bare hands. The crooks in the car didn't know what to think. Jack just smiled and waved at the dumbstruck men in the car. Jack punched his hand through the car hood and crippled the engine. As he pulled his arm out, the cops showed. Jack vanished into the night sky and left the criminals to the cops.

Last edited by KING B0SS on August 5th 2010, 8:15 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a new picture)
KING B0SS
KING B0SS

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 76
Humor : Offensive
Registration date : 2010-07-28

Back to top Go down

Jack Romero Empty Re: Jack Romero

Post by Guest July 28th 2010, 8:54 pm

Good, now you just have to wait for the mods.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 29th 2010, 1:33 am

This is.. very good. Basically Superman, though.. Hrmn.

You're powers seem in tact.. And I do like the character idea. So...

Unless there's any objections from anyone else:

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Jack Romero JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker July 29th 2010, 5:10 am

Jack Romero Seal14_gallery__600x400
It's the seal of approval.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist July 29th 2010, 10:33 am

Please no. Change his Hero name.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by KING B0SS July 29th 2010, 11:36 am

He doesn't have one. It's just a nick name some of the media call him. I've done my best to build up the idea that Superman is just a fictional character in this world and that it would have no impact on this world. He has no hero name and doesn't really acknowledge the name of what the media has given him. If anything it's a temporary title until people figure out what to truly call him. Kind of like a murderer. The news will call a murderer the "Westwood Strangler." It's only a temporary hero name until they find another one or discover his real name. If you give it time I promise the hero name won't last and it will change through the roleplay. You are admin though so your decision overrules everyone else. If you still want me to change it I will. Just wanted to explain my reasoning is all.
KING B0SS
KING B0SS

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 29th 2010, 2:21 pm

Overmind wrote:Please no. Change his Hero name.

I'd have to agree with you, Mike... Buuut.. >_>; We can just give him a really lame title that will stick. :3

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Jack Romero JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KING B0SS July 29th 2010, 2:32 pm

Alright guess I'll change it then.
KING B0SS
KING B0SS

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 7th 2010, 12:26 am

ya its acceptable unless otherwise

The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

Jack Romero Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top