The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_vote_lcapCharacter Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_voting_barCharacter Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Character Creation Suggestion's

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 Empty Re: Character Creation Suggestion's

Post by Slamfist August 29th 2010, 3:38 pm

That's what I just fucking said.

Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 Empty Re: Character Creation Suggestion's

Post by Bash August 29th 2010, 4:38 pm

I elaborated. and gave personal examples at that. why don't YOU mister second powerful admin do something about it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 29th 2010, 5:06 pm

Tobais Kado wrote:I elaborated. and gave personal examples at that. why don't YOU mister second powerful admin do something about it?

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 5 Sm_clap
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash August 29th 2010, 6:24 pm

I believe the majority of the members here come here and check the latest topics, and most of it remains the same and they don't bother logging in. I do it too. and why, because they know the staff is Dependant on one person (ralph) and that one person is AWOL MIA. So the forum is locked down because "mister mother-may-I" Cannot give the permission to do so. It's incompetent, and is WHY you should do something about it. Not just you, the entire staff should.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist August 29th 2010, 7:52 pm

Watch your tone BITCH! Joking of course. Ralph would be here but he's too involved with stuff in his life. I'm working out the details so I can skip it but you need to gimme some time. No one is incompetent, just off having a good life with his girlfriend and doing college stuff. I'm trying to do stuff. Not to mention I am the staff right now. So to call us incompetant is kind of a big insult to me. And not to be dickish but your MH site is very small compared to here and has 0 story line, so you can't really use it as an example of how one person going out of commission ruins things and how people being on top of it saves things. I've kept this site from dying more times than I care to count, I've been working on a way to get past this chapter whilst still involving everyone's character for a few days so hopefully it will be up by nexy week. Unless of course I can get this whole thing actually RPed out. Maybe have Devin RP as Raide.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 29th 2010, 8:12 pm

Slamfist wrote:Watch your tone BITCH! Joking of course. Ralph would be here but he's too involved with stuff in his life. I'm working out the details so I can skip it but you need to gimme some time. No one is incompetent, just off having a good life with his girlfriend and doing college stuff. I'm trying to do stuff. Not to mention I am the staff right now. So to call us incompetant is kind of a big insult to me. And not to be dickish but your MH site is very small compared to here and has 0 story line, so you can't really use it as an example of how one person going out of commission ruins things and how people being on top of it saves things. I've kept this site from dying more times than I care to count, I've been working on a way to get past this chapter whilst still involving everyone's character for a few days so hopefully it will be up by nexy week. Unless of course I can get this whole thing actually RPed out. Maybe have Devin RP as Raide.
You mean that'll this arc will come to a conclusion?

THANK FUCKING GOD!!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash August 30th 2010, 12:12 am

I am aware of the scale of size. I am applying the fact of concept. There should be a joint moderator profile, like my monsters character. And Yes I have a story developed for it. I have limited liquid time to prevent space-time problems. After the hunts they're on we agreed to do it. And again fact of concept. i don't care of the number of times you saved it. this is a different problem, it's not the members being active, it's the activity of an admin that EVERYONE is Dependant on. This does not mean that he (as Ralph) But he as Pain (or whatever multiple profile he uses) is incompetent. This indirectly makes everyone else on the staff incompetent as well.

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 August 30th 2010, 1:26 am

Well now that summer is coming to a close, we should be able to pick up a little around here. I dont actually get back to a place where I can post frequently until next thursday (no interwebs at home), so that should alleviate some problems. Yeah, Ralph hasnt been around to do his job, but that's his right. We've had other members leave us, permanently or otherwise, and life goes on. I'd love to post as Raide (and for starters, if the team fighting him happens to pull off a c-c-c-combo that I agree should let them win, I wont then ignore it just to show off how broke Raide is). That alone should help us get this over with. I dont think we should just leave the chapter unfinished, though, no matter how long we've been here. It would feel like we just gave up and completely scrapped a YEAR of character interactions, developments, and story. Even if it took far longer than it should've, it still HAPPENED. Lets not just pretend it didnt. How would we then explain all the damn angels? Or would they just get scrapped too? That seems wasteful and...well...stupid.

As for the joint profile, I just dunno. There are a lot of people that I wouldnt be able to trust on this site to run their own baddies. Granted, if it was for mods only, it MIGHT work (like you did on the MH site), but it would still be wierd. The Mods all have VERY different play and RP styles (I, for instance, post a few lengthy novels to get as much writing in at a time as possible, whereas other posters {Toba when he was stuck on the 250 PSP char limit} only post a few lines, but post often enough to make up for it.) And with the fact that, like Sham mentioned, SHRPG is larger than MH; we have more mods that might be posting simultaneously. I dont think MH has had the problem of multiple people trying to post as Monsters at the same time, but I could almost guarentee that it would happen here.

Besides, I just think that it shouldnt even be a problem. If a person is put in charge of the MAIN story-dependent, cant-move-on-without-him character, then (s)he is RESPONSIBLE for posting in a timely manner. 'Specially when the entire chapter is waiting. I understand that Ralph has personal stuff. We all do. Just dont commit to something like this if you cant truly commit. I enjoy being a moderator, but I doubt I'd accept anything higher, even if offered. I know that I just dont have the activity for it. I know of my downfalls and dont overextend myself beyond them. THAT'S what is happening here, and THAT'S why we cant keep going. I love Ralph to death, but he shoulda known that he couldnt get on, and he should have prepared a replacement in advance.

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but fux it. This post is too long already. Cheers!

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : ↑
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist August 30th 2010, 8:27 am

When this chapter was started commitment wasn't an issue. He's recently run into a lot of good stuff in his life that's made him happier than I've seen him since before his real dad killed himself. Despite our inability to move from this chapter, I'd rather him stay away from here and be happy than come back and risk messing what he has up. Not to say being here is a bad thing just that he's devoted all of his time rebuilding relationships with his family. He's in school, he has a girlfriend that makes him happy, he's cut down on the pot that he smokes. I'm really happy for him and if that means he can't be here we'll just have to get over it. I'm really proud of the transformation he's made, if that means cutting this aspect of his life out to do the things that he feels need to be done, then so be it, cut away. And just to point out, skipping the end doesn't mean none of this happened, just that we won't RP the result. We'd write up an overview of the chapter.

There should be a joint moderator profile, like my monsters character.
Like Devin said, it wouldn't work here especially since every story driven character is the product of another user. To have a community RPing as that one character would cause so many problems. Just to name a few: Mostly largely differing mannerisms, dialogue, and personality; broken liquid time; differing RP styles; continuity errors.

And Yes I have a story developed for it.
That we developed at the start of the site and haven't implemented, a lot easier to run a site pre-story line, trust me I've done it here. In-between chapter is easy-peasy compared to during chapter.

I have limited liquid time to prevent space-time problems. After the hunts they're on we agreed to do it.
We have that here. Doesn't help solve problems.

And again fact of concept. i don't care of the number of times you saved it. This is a different problem, it's not the members being active, it's the activity of an admin that EVERYONE is Dependant on.
I'm fully aware of this problem, I've been trying to get him to do something about this chapter for months. Fact remains, he's too busy with his life. I've dealt with this problem before, anyone recall DoomPlague? Sometimes the best solution is to call it quits before too many people get fed up and bail.

This does not mean that he (as Ralph) But he as Pain (or whatever multiple profile he uses) is incompetent. This indirectly makes everyone else on the staff incompetent as well.
Stop being a dick. No one is incompetent. I'm sorry I don't have access to his profiles but that's no reason for insults. He led this site for a longer time than you have even had your's up. His site's a lot larger as well. You really have no right to call anyone incompetent for any reason. As for the rest of us, fuck you on that too. I've tried very hard to pick up where he left in the early part of this chapter. I thought I was doing a fairly good job at running a site mid-chapter with 0 say on how the storyline went. On top of that I dealt with Wolf and his monthly rage quits and overpowered characters(no offense). I dealt with Lionheart's rape issues. I've dealt with increasing inactivity multiple times and have revived it from near death, each time. I've dealt with user booms by myself and took care of their character as well as I could despite my inexperience. I've dealt with becoming the only active admin since Ricky moved out. I think I did a fine job given my circumstances and inexperience when I took over. So as far as I'm concerned I'm a great fucking admin, so don't call me incompetent again or I'll ban you for the day, seriously. Friend or not, you've called me incompetent twice now and it's pissing me off. Also, stop calling me fat irl. Never in the 7 years that you've known me has it been ok. I'm aware of my weight issues, I don't need you to point them out to me. I have enough fucking self-esteem issues without my friends berating me because of my weight. I'd say it would be like me making fun of you being deaf, but you're not sensitive about it. Hell, I use to defend you back in high school when Russell and Ricky used to make fun of you, half of the time because of your hearing problems. So it's really not the same at all.

Now that that's over I'll tell you of my conundrum. The one thing Ralph asked me was to not skip this chapter end, which I would like to honor, but I have enough characters of my own to worry about another one as well. At the same time we're rapidly losing member and it seems that skipping this chapter is the fastest way to call it to an end and get people back here.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 30th 2010, 2:01 pm

I'm glad Ralph is feeling happy. I don't really know the dude that well, and you do handle a lot of crap on this site, like me occasionally going into the offensive area. So, this chapter is going to end like chapter 3 then? We simply say what happened at the end, and don't show the final battle?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash August 30th 2010, 2:23 pm

I am aware of the fact that ultimately, I have no weight on making decisions on SHRPG. I am just stating my opinions and what I believe should be done to restore this forum to its former glory so I can finally rejoin.
Have I been overstepping my boundries.

I have limited liquid time to prevent space-time problems. After the hunts they're on we agreed to do it.

We have that here. Doesn't help solve problems.

It solves my problems. I ranted into something irrelevant.

Well xyron is here and said that incompetent is a strong word. even though I asked him what is the right word we cannot find out what the right one is, The best word we could think of was "Deadlocked" Thats a nicer and better word to say how it is incompetent. so please replace every time I said it with deadlocked. He also stated that everyone has the right to state their opinion which WOULD be considered. I didn't think this was implemented. The entire time I've been here ricky has been doing just the opposite. He has just been saying fuck you, you don't count. I should have connected that to the way he is in real life. I haven't. This this is the really the first time you considered my opinions before rick fucked things up. This lead me to believe that I cannot offer my ideas or even try to help. I want to help, I didn't mean to sit in the back and throw insults at the staff. I am trying to help. If there's anything BETTER I can do I would like to help, I have the time even outside of work to be implemented some responsibility.

As for the real life insults, I'm sorry, over the early years of my life (namely with an aggressive/abusive meth-addict stepfather) I have developed a MAJOR mental block, a self-defense mechanism that i have developed to shrug off even the most insulting insults. You could be serious about insulting my mother and I just walk off undeterred, for example. Having live this way all my life, I have known practically no other way. I assumed that you all were the same. My belief in that was strengthened when I met Jeremy. He is a recovered goth/emo person. you wouldn't have known that with his current personality. He has developed the same mental block as well. (Albeit a different way) And I spend almost more time with him a week than I do with you a month. Even before I got my job. That's sad really. And it was really quick to adapt with someone who shares a similar mind as my own. I guess it's starting to bleed out with my other friends (namely hayesville friends) and I have failed to see this wind downhill, I'm sorry again.

Im happy for ralph, but this forum needs to do something new without him.

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist August 30th 2010, 2:31 pm

I'm always open for suggestion. I'd just prefer we do it in a way that doesn't involve skipping. Though skipping is looking like the most viable option. So unless we can get into the "Prince of Darkness" profile and start posting as him we need to skip.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash August 30th 2010, 2:46 pm

the answer is simple, new profile called raide or something to post as him

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Eagle September 3rd 2010, 3:31 pm

What about starting the next chapter specifically AS a group storyline? Maybe not like a superhero group like the X-men or anything, but start out with a joint post for everyone wanting to be involved, work to a certain point, have small offshoot posts and threads that purposely lead back to the same or another joint thread?

That way, if one or two people fall behind, the whole storyline doesn't. If, say a few folks head off to work on something and never make it back to the group...well, its like real life, "...so-and-so never made it back...whattawe do now?"

I think that some group cohesion my go a long way towards helping with the issues you guys are describing.

Hell, to be completely way out there, why not create a new batch of heroes/characters that are intended to work together for this?

Again, I'm only the new guy. Its just my two cents.

~SE
Steel Eagle
Steel Eagle

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash September 3rd 2010, 9:19 pm

we have that planned out in the next chapter indirectly. but for now let us finish this chapter. Everyone join the Assault thread in new york. If you don't post there, it's not the staff that refuses to finish this chapter, It's the members. not just you steel everyone.

I am posting as raide.

Get to it guys.

Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 5th 2010, 2:10 pm

I already have, I just need other people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top