The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_vote_lcapCharacter Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_voting_barCharacter Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Character Creation Suggestion's

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 Empty Re: Character Creation Suggestion's

Post by keil7777777 April 25th 2010, 1:13 pm

I would LOVE to see more development in here! As it is, the meager portions of plot we actually get to experience are tied up in the chapter storylines. But those are so few and far between that we only get a taste before it's lost in the mindless bashing. That, and it seems like the fights always end up deteriorating as one or more members forget about it. Of all the topics in the 'Complete' section, I would guess only around 7 of them to be fight topics.

Right now, we have some good plot threads in the works, but it seems to be dragging on. For example: Shamgarel leading the Hand of Justice into the depths of Hell to save his beloved (can we start that now? please?), Magtok becoming enslaved to Nightkill to save his own hide (lol, silly maggy), the Death throes of SCAR and the rise of FEAR (post, cult!), and etc.. Unfortunately, these seem to vanish completely under the deluge of fight topics. I believe that's why the quests were implemented (to promote more meaningful RP), but they seem to have fallen under the same curse as before; no one wants to finish them.

And I totally agree on that last part. Not the offense thing (they can get over it, we're trying to make the site more enjoyable for all Razz), but the Losing for the Sake of Story part:
U.S.Sentinel wrote:Be willing to lose to further plot goals and have our characters become character's with depth.

Which is one of the reasons I advocated against this rule:
Pain wrote:* Secondary characters MAY DIE in a fight with out your permission, meaning if you lose to a villain or hero, they CAN KILL YOU!
This'll keep even the best of us from taking the fall, in fear of losing a character that we spent so much time on. Yes, in the real superhero world, people would die. But this is still a game, and there's no fun in losing your characters without permission.

Aaanyway, I've been at this post for FAR too long already, and I'm in need of some lunch. So I'll stop here. I tend to ramble while I rant (and whistle while I work Very Happy).

keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 Empty Re: Character Creation Suggestion's

Post by Slamfist April 25th 2010, 2:51 pm

I agree with keil. I would still like to try and work on a new system.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss May 12th 2010, 12:07 am

as far as plots go I think individuals should have more driven plots for their characters, every superhero has some conflict that they work towards on their own, seperate from those they band together for, I also agree with lowering the total points, do more with less and all that, have characters more focused into their niche instead of such broad-sweeping characters

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaLaCult May 12th 2010, 7:13 am

I disagree almost entirely, I think Heroes should focus on group problems more, since this is an Rp, solving group problems allow for topics, and the points are fine, considering every character has used those points, and it is hard enough to build a good hero on these points....
That fit your plan anyways.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss May 12th 2010, 2:29 pm

But theres no focus, almost every single one of the heros, villains, or renegades on here can go up against the same problem and each tackle it, most in the exact same manner, there's very little distinction except amongst those of us who have the imagination to think outside the box, I think that the points should be lowered, not by much, but a little bit just so that characters can become more focused, for instance, if you noticed when we were drawing up the teams for the final battle of this chapter VERY few people took their powers into account regarding what team and position they should fill, more people quoted their characters personality as their decision to join a particular team than their abilities, I believe this is an example of why we should have more focused characters so that when people are faced with this decision they have to weigh what type of role they can play in this battle situation, where they would be the most useful

and the fact that this final chapter thing has been dragging on for ages is why I called for more individual driven plot, it seems that everyone can't all be on top of such a big movement with ease so I thought more solo driven stories would help alleviate these problems

Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist May 12th 2010, 3:58 pm

We need more group driven stories so we can continue without having to wait for a single person to do something, that's why it's taken so long.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 May 14th 2010, 3:14 pm

One of the main problems with individually-driven plotlines is the fact that the site is group-oriented. If we all went off on our own little tangents, then there'd just be a bunch of short stories on here, with no interaction from other people.

And we actually do have a few individual plotlines that are all tied together. Xyron, Tenshi, and Shamgarel is a big one in my mind. The three of them have a lot of history going on, which is cool. But then Tenshi left and it all became 10X more difficult to manage. Which is also like the story of the site. Almost every thread comes down to one or two people not posting, and the thread dies. That's why the group stuff is failing.

But I do agree that internal character conflict helps round out a person's personality. In fact, a lot of the characters already have such conflicts. Pain's got more problems than a quadriplegic in a triathalon, Xyron is constantly trying to earn his place back in heaven, Shamgarel is struggling to hold on to what he holds dear (especially now, when Tenshi is MIA), Faith and Scarlet are still struggling with their Seperation Anxiety (lol, that's the name of a Marvel game for Sega Genesis about the Symbiotes), etc.

But like I said, it's tough to pull off a solo-issue while maintaining the mandatory group-thread style. I'd also like to see these issues have more relevance in the RP, but I also can acknowledge why they dont.

As for the selecting of groups to fight the final chapter, I also understand why people cited their personalities and such vs their powers. If you (as the character) had a personal stake in a certain aspect of the chapter, you'd much rather oversee that pert directly, wouldnt you? The leaders are all going up against Raide, just about, so that seems fine. The Hand of Justice is traveling into Hell to rescue one of their own (which makes perfect sense to me). And then the remaining spots were filled as best as possible. We couldnt really afford to just focus on who is needed where. The characters practically chose FOR us. Very Happy

...By the way, I'm almost tempted to have Meteo help Raide attack the leaders. After all, Raide was the one who gave Meteo his powers. I highly doubt Meteo would just stand by as his benefactor was killed. Especially if Meteo's assistance might earn him a place in Raide's new kingdom (assuming Raide won, of course.)

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : ↑
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist May 16th 2010, 8:05 pm

I was talking more about the main story line. If we have multiple people working on the chapter, the less we have to wait for the single boss character to get off his ass and do something. Especially considering Ralph is now one of the least active members here. And to add, small groups work far better than large ones. Small groups keep a topic from getting cluttered and confusing.

((Slamfist's commitment issues are about to start coming into light as his relationship with Macie gets closer, just to add that in there.))
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo July 22nd 2010, 10:58 am

umm... does the seven sins count? Cuz of their bond and stuff, do they count??

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 Breathesigfinished

ECHO'S SONG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6QvpO4ttqY&feature=related
Echo
Echo
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 389
Job : Farm hand
Humor : Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon...
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss August 11th 2010, 12:01 pm

But every member in a particular goup has to be present, thats the problem

Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 26th 2010, 1:21 am

Free Games
On the whole I dont think that it would affect character's too much it would just wheel the power level back a touch. Like a character like a Hulk type character with Str 6 and Dura 6 while he could get get his stats to that high a level he would suffer for being a crap fighter, dumb, no energy emission and no flight to compensate, where as now people can max two powers and still have enough for their characters not to be particularly weak in any aspect (Ie Nuke)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker August 26th 2010, 10:45 am

KOG.Net, this has nothing to do with the topic. Stop promoting your free games site, stop posting like other peoples characters (which is not only annoying and illegal on this forum, but also completely unethical. And everything you have written so far is completely irrelevant comparing to the story/topic) and stop posting this kind of shit. Or piss off. It's your choice.
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist August 28th 2010, 11:22 am

But every member in a particular goup has to be present, thats the problem
Not true. A single person can drive it if they take the reins, but it also allows for several people to work on the story line at once. Despite what Ralph wants, I think we're gonna be forced to skip the end of the chapter and go on, we've been here too long.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bash August 28th 2010, 8:42 pm

I'm personally waiting for a good opportunistic re-entry of the storyline advancement before I jump back into RPing. I'm sure I'm not the only one. When things stay still, Things die, and I see that happening here. Eventually people will run into a RP "block" of ideas, to be figurative. That happened to me when I first joined this forum, but when I found out about the story and was invited to join the Hand of Justice, I got very creative. In fact Xyron loves my angel character I have made very much. This is a personal example of why I believe the staff of SHRPG should ALL be on top of it. I can back this up with my experience of my monster hunter forum. Just recently one of my very active mods went out of commission, and has to take an unexpected leave because his PC went awol. Now pretty much everything is locked down without him. In response, I have been taking over his role as well, and I have kept the forum from dying. The same concept should be applied. Another thing I agree on is to have all the staff moderate the storyline and keep it fluid. I have perfected that on the MH forum, and it allows the concept of moderating the story in check. I'm going to stop ranting for now.

I am aware of the fact that ultimately, I have no weight on making decisions on SHRPG. I am just stating my opinions and what I believe should be done to restore this forum to its former glory so I can finally rejoin.

The hate inside you breeds!
It's getting hard to breathe.
The walls around you fall.
Your legs are getting weak.
You drop down to your knees!
Your mind’s forsaken you!

Character Creation Suggestion's - Page 4 Bash15
Bash
Bash
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 938
Job : workin at a local grocery store.
Humor : Shoving Food into a bag and eating your money!?!
Registration date : 2009-10-29

http://monster-hunter.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest August 29th 2010, 12:38 am

Tobias is right. Ralph may be unhappy, but we have to move on, otherwise we'll have been on chapter 4 for a whole fucking year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist August 29th 2010, 3:38 pm

That's what I just fucking said.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top