The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Arachnadude I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Arachnadude I_vote_lcapArachnadude I_voting_barArachnadude I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Cobalt
Zonkes
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Arachnadude

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arachnadude Empty Arachnadude

Post by Puglife43vr January 13th 2019, 9:06 pm

Arachnadude

"I think of myself as an excellent burglar, but then I remember Vegas. Vegas...."

The Bio

Villain Name: Arachnadude
   Title: Arachnid Embezzler
   Alignment: Chaotic Evil
   Race: Human
   Hair: Blonde
   Eyes: Hazel
   Height: 5'10
   Weight: 180 lbs
   Blood type: O-

The Looks

The Personality

Harry is a career criminal and a good one at that. He has a particularly large ego and doesn’t really care for the “fleas” roaming the city streets. He’s the big dog or arachnid in this case. However, he does have a soft spot for some of the less fortunate as he was once in a similar spot. Despite his age he still has a hint of his old “dude bro” personality from when he was a kid.

The Story

Harry McIntyre grew up a poor kid living in California. From a very young age he would shoplift which was encouraged by his parents. Nobody would expect an eight-year-old to steal from a Walmart. He did go to school but never had what other kids did with cool Polo T-shirts and Walkman Radios. But to escape his suffering, he surfed. Whenever he was on the water, he was freed of all his problems. When Harry turned 16, his problems became worse.

At 16, he was caught for the first time in a botched robbery. One of his school acquaintances/accomplices misinformed him and got their small group thrown in juvy. When he got out, he wanted to turn his life around. However, his parents mysteriously fell ill afterwards, forcing Harry to hold down several jobs after dropping out of High School. Once again, he went back to the beach every once in a while to clear his head.

One particular day on the beach, a bark scorpion had washed up on shore. It subsequently crawled onto the bike of Harry. Harry got on the bike and rode home. He had the place to himself with his parents in the hospital being taken care of by his older siblings. Everyone was struggling in his family. But the scorpion made it much worse. As he slept, the scorpion climbed into his shoe and waited for the best time to strike.

Harry got up and got ready for work  and put on his shoe. As he did so, the bark scorpion’s stinger shot up into the sole of his foot. Harry cried out in pain and threw the shoe out the window. He collapsed from the severe pain in his foot and started gasping. Everything went dark.

As painful as the experience was, Harry did get something out of the experience. Super powers! Apparently some scientist in Arizona had been trying to turn himself into a human scorpion hybrid with some metahuman DNA. After the lab was abandoned, some individuals scavenged the base for lab equipment and accidentally released one of the meta scorpions. This scorpion then traveled via log on the Colorado river into Nevada and then to California where it managed to crawl to California where it was kicked into the ocean and swam back to shore to crawl into Harry’s shoe. (That took a while to make up.) When Harry woke up, he didn’t remember what was in his shoe. All he remembered was something biting or stinging him, so he assumed it was a spider because it’s always a spider.

After an accidental display of his new powers, Harry realized he had powers! And now with Scorpion Meta DNA, Harry started stopping crimes with his new abilities! But when his parents’ condition started to worsen, he had to make more money. This is how Harry started his criminal career. After years of thievery, Harry needed an upgrade with the increasing amount of metahuman heroes. So, he started robbing tech facilities to upgrade his Arachnid Gear. After 15 years of villainy, he is a quite experienced thief with gadgets to match his skills.

The Priority

1. Agility
   2. Strength
   3. Endurance
   4. Reaction

The Powers

Setules: Arachnadude has several millions of setules on his hands and feet, allowing him to grip and climb almost any surface. He can climb buildings and such with ease.

Strong Pincers: Arachnadude has super strength in relations to grip and punching strength. He can knock out a normal human with a medium strength punch. Using his hands, he can crush some durable metal objects with ease using his great physical power. Not so good in the regards of lifting, however.

Hard Shell: Arachnadude doesn’t have an actual shell, however, his skin was toughened as he was stung by the scorpion, allowing him to resist a great deal of physical damage. Attacks from blunt force weapons and such are ineffective against Harry.

Hyper Awareness: Along with the setules, Harry has trichobothria along with normal hairs that allow him to sense danger and incoming attacks . They’re accurate enough to detect small vibrations in the air such as an enemy winding up for an attack or attempting to sneak around him. It works up to 10 meters.

The Weaknesses

Pesticides: Gases used for neutralizing pests are Arachnadude’s kryptonite! If anything even as low quality as off brand RAID is sprayed near him, he’ll not only lose his powers, but take on extreme nausea and dizziness.

The Water Spout: Arachnadude’s climbing ability is neutralized by surfaces having a great deal of liquid on them. Rain can knock Arachnadude off a building if it’s a heavy enough downpour.

Overload: His awareness can be abused and used against Arachnadude if he is overloaded by air movement. If several people are moving around at once, it blurs together, nulling the ability. Essentially, packed public spaces aren’t his deal.

Darn Druids: Those with control over nature or animals have him. As long as it isn’t instant kill or super life ruining, he’ll do the will of the nature person.

Ego: Arachnadude has never been caught. Sure, his plans have been foiled on occasion, but the police have never bagged him or release his identity. Therefore, he’s very reckless, running headfirst into combat because of his spotless record. Sometimes he thinks he’s invincible.

The Items

Grappling Pincers: Mounted on the backs of his forearms, the grapple pincers use reusable hooks and coils that can be used for swinging. Combined with his strength, Arachnadude can zip and swing around the city. However, the pincer coil and hook conduct electricity. If the gadget mount is shocked, it’ll be rendered inoperable for the rest of the fight.

Arachna-Armor: The super suit worn by Arachnadude is primarily used to hide his identity. Harry doesn’t want his siblings to be hurt because of his life of crime. The mask contains communications and allows him to view the world from different lenses with nightvision and infrared vision. They can widen and even shut, depending on eyelid movement. If he blinks, the goggles blink and if his eyes are shut the mask follows suit. Also the suit just looks "dope". It provides no extra protection to his already protective skin.

Weakness: The armor's helmet functions can be shutdown for the rest of a thread using EMPs. However, it there is a gadgeteer, the lenses can be repaired.

The Minions

N/A

The Fluff

Arachnadude is a career criminal and has been for years. He knows the major crime bosses and fencers. He has a small apartment in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The RP Sample

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Puglife43vr on January 14th 2019, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Arachnadude HRN5OeL
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Arachnadude Empty Re: Arachnadude

Post by MissingAxis January 14th 2019, 5:19 pm

Hey there, Puglife43vr.

It looks to me like your sheet is just about ready for approval.

However, I would like to see a couple changes made to Arachnadude's Arachna-Armor. The name implies some added durability from the item. If that's the case, I would appreciate it if you could clarify how much durability is added by the Arachna-Armor. If it provides more durability than a typical Kevlar vest, you should also add a weakness to the item. Additionally, because Arachna-Armor's night/infrared vision abilities are miniaturized to the point of fitting inside a mask, I would say that you'll need a weakness for that as well.

In short, if the Armor adds more than mundane durability, it should have two weaknesses total, with one for the vision aspects and one for the durability aspect.

Cheers,
MissingAxis, Forum Moderator
MissingAxis
MissingAxis
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2017-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr January 14th 2019, 5:42 pm

MissingAxis wrote:Hey there, Puglife43vr.

It looks to me like your sheet is just about ready for approval.

However, I would like to see a couple changes made to Arachnadude's Arachna-Armor. The name implies some added durability from the item. If that's the case, I would appreciate it if you could clarify how much durability is added by the Arachna-Armor. If it provides more durability than a typical Kevlar vest, you should also add a weakness to the item. Additionally, because Arachna-Armor's night/infrared vision abilities are miniaturized to the point of fitting inside a mask, I would say that you'll need a weakness for that as well.

In short, if the Armor adds more than mundane durability, it should have two weaknesses total, with one for the vision aspects and one for the durability aspect.

Cheers,
MissingAxis, Forum Moderator

Done.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Arachnadude HRN5OeL
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MissingAxis January 14th 2019, 5:44 pm