The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  Empty Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)

Post by Stoic December 4th 2018, 6:24 pm

Drifter skidded behind a desk, bullets whizzing by his head. His heart was racing. There were too many, and he was pinned down. He couldn't even think about returning fire. A constant barrage was keeping him exactly where he was. All the vigilante could do was stay alert, and of course, wait it out.

"Come on Luke. That's not like you! Doncha' always say you have to face adversity head on? Practice what you preach, dude," said a robotic, yet playful voice from over the desk. Drifter didn't know who this person was, and he had even less of an idea how they knew his name. Right now though, he was just trying to not get shot. He could theorize later.

Grabbing a flash grenade from the strap on his chest, Luke threw it over the top of his cover without even looking. When it went off, he moved. He was gambling, really. There was no telling if such a maneuver would work, but he had to at least try. The alternative was waiting to die behind flimsy cover.

Drifter popped up from the safety of the desk. The three men he saw were obviously blinded. They held their eyes in pain, and one even collapsed to his knees.

Now was his chance.

Luke unloaded on the trio, not even thinking about the act of killing these men. They deserved it, didn't they? It was him or them, right? It wasn't worth contemplation. This was the way of the world: Survival of the fittest.

Once the adrenaline wore off, the shells from his wrist launchers hit the ground, and the dust settled, Drifter could clearly see three of his assailants were in pools of their own blood. There were more of course, but he at least earned himself a breather.

That's what their lives were worth to him--a break.

Lukas shook the thoughts from his head. Now was not the time. He heard movement in the maze of office cubicals. This was still the lion's den. It was highly unlikely he would make it out alive, but he was going to try anyway.

"Come on you off-brand Darth Vader motherfucker, where are you!?" Drifter yelled. He got out from behind the desk, moving slowly through the office building. It was mostly silent, but there was the occasional sound of footsteps. This seemed deliberately designed to keep him on his toes, or at least to piss him off. Either way, the cat and mouse was getting annoying.

To Drifter's sudden terror, yet relief at the same time, a hail of bullets poured down the hall he had been moving through. With no cover he could get to quickly, Luke just decided to hit the ground. He returned fire as he did, hoping that it would cover him enough to prevent his death.

He saw two of the three men at the end of the hall go down, but not before a stabbing pain erupted in his shoulder. He'd been hit; the blood on his hand after he'd touched the spot made that evident.

The remaining man disappeared when Drifter looked back up. Luke knew in his gut he was the one that had been taunting him this whole time. It had to be. He'd seen enough movies to know the boss was unfortunately not likely to go down before any of his goons. That meant they were going to have a stand off.

Perfect.

Holding his shoulder, Drifter pulled himself to a wall, and there he propped himself upright as best he could. How had he got to this point? Shooting people to stay alive? It had been a slow progression, hadn't it? He had refused to believe he would do anything like this right up until the point he did it, and by then it was too late to stop.

"Pathetic. Even with all your supposed righteousness, you still take life without even flinching when you deem it necessary. I wonder how you're twisting it right now. I wonder just how badly you're trying to avoid accepting that you're capable of just as much evil as anyone else," the voice from before said. Drifter couldn't quite make out where it was coming from. It was as if it was everywhere, or rather, like it was in his head.

"You'll sit there and come up with clever ways to call whatever heinous act you do good. You'll do it so you can remain the hero, even as you degenerate into a psychopath. Eventually, your mind will conclude that everything you do is justified, and that you can do no wrong." The voice was getting louder now. Drifter, collapsed against the wall of a cubical, raised his arms. He was ready to protect himself against whatever threatened him.

"And oh boy, once that happens, I can do whatever I want, and you'll go right along with it as if you were the greatest hero the world has ever known. It won't matter what it is. So keep denying I exist. Keep thinking that there's no darkness to keep in line. The more you fall into that delusional idea, the more I can get away with." It was as if the voice was pounding in his skull now. Drifter could barely keep his eyes open, let alone respond.

A figure came around the corner. Luke was dizzy from the loss of blood, but he could clearly make out who this man was. He kept his guns trained on him. He didn't fire, however. He somehow knew it wouldn't work. This thing couldn't be destroyed. Believing that it could be would only make it stronger.

"This is a dream, isn't it?" Drifter asked, lowering his wrist guns. The man with his face just laughed.

"How long did it take you this time?" the man asked, yellow eyes staring at Lukas with a malevolent playfulness.

"After I got shot. Thought I'd ride this one out though. I always enjoy hearing your monologues," Drifter said, standing up. He was apparently fine now.

"Bravo. You're really starting to get good at this. Still, I meant every word. You better get your shit together," the shadow said. The office building slowly faded away, leaving nothing but a white void and the two opposites standing in it.

"Yeah yeah, I will. Integration isn't the easiest fucking thing in the world, you know. Takes time that I don't have," Drifter said, getting ready to snap his fingers to wake himself. It wasn't really necessary, but he had trained himself to get up immediately once the act was performed. Lots easier than just trying to pry your eyes open.

"Not my problem. Well, I guess it is, sorta...... Whatever, you know what I mean. Anyway, tell Sky I said hey, will you?" the man said as he walked away, looking back to wink at Drifter. Luke rolled his eyes.

"Fuck off," Drifter said in an irritated, dismissive tone, and then snapped his fingers.

That guy was such a prick.

"Hey, babe. You awake?" Drifter said, cups of coffee in his hands. If she reached for hers, he'd hand it to her, otherwise he'd just put it on the nightstand.

Luke had gotten fully dressed in casual pants and a t-shirt. He also made coffee and seemed to have taken a shower as well. Apparently he'd been up for quite awhile. Whether Skyler woke up during any of that he didn't know, but she certainly remained in bed.

Luke moved over to the curtains, letting the light in. It was so bright even he squinted. He imagined the effect would be even worse for Skyler, but it was probably time to get on with the day. It would help to let some light in.

"So, I was thinking we could, well, catch up. You know, talk without getting bullets shot at us. Go somewhere nice maybe?" Drifter asked, gulping his own coffee down. He wasn't really set on anything in particular, but he figured they needed to get out. The night before had been dangerous, emotional, terrifying, heart breaking, and, well, fun, but they needed some time to slow down. This relationship couldn't just be based on almost getting killed together, especially just after such a long separation.

"Have anything in mind? Seriously. What do you want to do with me today. I'm all yours."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  Empty Re: Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)

Post by Chellizard January 4th 2019, 5:50 pm

She wanted nothing more than to just say in bed with him and sleep until her head stopped pounding. Headaches with super human regeneration was never a good thing. It typically meant that she needed to work on something to focus her mind. Something kept her up, and it clearly made her get out of bed.

The clock was just barely clicking over to three am when she pulled herself out of the bed. Padding across the floor, she pillaged around in the darkness and found her tank top. Pulling it on, she would wander off to the other end of the safe house and sit down at a table, her left hand fiddling with a light switch. She turned it until it clicked, the warm glow from an old desk lamp illuminating her work surface. She'd step away and find her bag, pulling her phone from it and bringing it back to the table. Plopping back down into the chair, she tucked one knee to her chest and leaned forward a bit, her toes curling over the lip of the seat.

Her phone would unfold roughly six times revealing a slender piece of transparent equipment. The equipment was a circuit board that flickered a few times before revealing a holographic display. Laying the thin sheet flat on the table, she started to move her fingers into the hologram, plucking and pulling things into place on a model that resembled AIVA to a T. Usually the sassy holographic companion would be by Skyler's side, but it was apparent that Skyler was actually modifying Aiva's interface and adjusting a few things with her hard coding.

"You'll be much smarter now, I think." she said finally, her eyes turning to look at the clock. It burned red with a digital set of numbers reading five twenty-five am.

Swiping her hand across the hologram, the picture would dissipate and Skyler would fold the phone back into it's original slender rectangle form. She left it on the table and would turn the light off.

Creeping back into the bedroom, she noticed Luke's breathing had become much quicker. Furrowing her brows, she slipped herself back into bed next to him and put an arm across his chest, her eyes finally closing. The aching migraine finally gone.

--

Sleep was scarce, but she did not need as much as the average person. She would lay still, her chest rising and falling gently with one hand resting on her abdomen, the other tucked under her head. The smell of coffee lingered in her nose, her dreamless slumber being interrupted by her body feeling the emptiness of the spot next to her.

She would let her eyes flutter open, one a cloudy gray, the other a striking silver. She would sit up slowly, scooting up toward the head of the bed and grab for the mug, her hands enveloping it as she sat up.

"Mmn..." she hummed into the rim of her cup, pulling it to her lips as she took a swig. It was made perfectly. Two tablespoons of sugar and a little cream. He must have went to the store to get the stuff, but either way, she appreciated the gesture.

"Honestly, maybe a normal day? Maybe we could go somewhere with other people? Is there a park? A place to grab a bite? It would be fun to go for a visit to a zoo or butterfly garden. We are in Los Angeles, after all." she said, taking another gulp of her coffee. It warmed her core.

She would feign from the light, looking to the left. As she did, she caught a glimpse of the clock. Seven thirty-eight am. She had gotten a few hours of sleep. Better than none.

"A shower, first." she said, finishing her cup as she stood. She sat the mug on the nightstand, a grunt escaping her as she stretched her hands above her head. She was still in night appropriate clothes; a simple tank top and boy shorts.

Hopefully she had something to wear today.

--

Freshly showered, and wearing just the right amount of make up, she would find herself dressed in something a little out of the ordinary for herself. She found a dress in the closet. It was white with a soft flower pattern on it and a few frills around of the collar and straps. It had a wide swooping neck line that accentuated her collarbones perfectly. The dress would fall around of her thighs, just barely touching above her knees. She would dress her feet in a pair of casual sneakers, a bit more related to athletic shoes if anything, but they were white and complimented the dress without looking bulky on her feet.

She did a little twirl as she walked back into the room Luke was in and gave him a smile.

"We'll need to ditch the car from last night, but then we're good to go after that, I think. Unless you already took care of that this morning while I slept." she stuck her tongue out in a playful manner.

She would then hesitate a moment, contemplating placing her eye patch over her right eye or not. She was unsure how she felt about it, but she knew that the scar would draw unwanted attention.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic January 10th 2019, 11:56 pm

"I did get rid of it, yeah. I know a guy with a junk yard. Crushed it right in front of me. I even picked up a replacement. Pays to have friends, I guess," Luke said, a smile on his face. All things considered, he felt pretty good. Yeah, he was a bit hungover, and he might have still been trying to figure out precisely what caused his little breakdown the night before, but overall he felt as good as he could in such a situation. He was with the woman he loved, and she looked as beautiful as ever. Today, for the first time in awhile, he could just relax—enjoy his life.

"The park sounds wonderful, actually. I hear there's a rock music festival going on at Griffith Park. Not exactly quiet, but...... Can't go a day without a little excitement, now can we?" Drifter walked around the table, meeting Skyler as she came into the room. He put his hands on Skyler's hips as he finished his last sentence, lovingly embracing her. He saw a bit of conflict on her face when he looked at her. It wasn't towards him, thankfully, but she was contemplating something nonetheless.

"What's wrong? .....It's not your hair again, is it? I told you, Sky—I like it better." Luke knew it was either that or her eye, but he wasn't certain. Might as well take a shot at it, either way. She was way too self conscious to be allowed.

Once Skyler was ready, they could go out to the car and head out. Unless she had an alternative, they would be taking the vehicle Drifter got at his friend's yard. It was an early 2000s Mustang, red. Nothing special, but it was nip and tuck and clean, and more importantly, not implicated in a dozen crimes.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 15th 2019, 4:36 pm

Skyler would smile at him, allowing him to pull her in as a small blush crossed her cheeks for a split second.

"Noo.. not the hair. Just, it's not important. I feel good. Rock music sounds perfect." she let a big grin take over her visage, her eyes squinting with how big she smiled.

She gave him a loving kiss and then slipped her hand into his, pulling him toward the door.

"Let's grab something to eat when we get there! I honestly want one of those corn dog things. Extra crunchy. Lots of mustard. And a cold beer. That sounds good." she let out a sound of excitement and just, pleasure at the thought of greasy park food and beer.

Getting into the passenger seat, she opened her phone and typed away at a few things before shutting it down into emergency mode. AIVA would be watching, silently, and Lilia could get a hold of Skyler, but otherwise? She was unreachable. It made her feel a wave of relief as she sat down in the simple car, her head leaning back into the head rest.

It was an older car, but the nicer leather interior felt so good. It just felt... normal. It made her feel good. Great, even.

She needed a little normal in her life, and she had Luke to thank for it.

She would catch herself looking at him, smiling softly until he looked at her and she would smile wider and lean over to him, kissing his cheek.

"Alright! Let's get this show on the road!" she said, looking toward the radio. It was an older model, but with a few tweaks she could easily sync it to a cloud library of songs and have them play. She didn't want to ruin the authenticity of the vehicle, though, so she chose to just find the rock station and let it play.

-My DeviantArt-
Funny Little Creatures (Skyler)  JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top