The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity)

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) Empty We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity)

Post by Chellizard August 26th 2016, 2:48 am

Signing the last few papers to officially own a flat in Los Angeles, Malus let out a heavy sigh of relief. He had sold his condo and was now a happy resident in the City of Angels. It was almost fitting, had they renamed themselves to the City of Phoenix -- but that's already in Arizona, and he was not about to move out there.

Brushing a hand through his brown locks, he found himself sitting alone in his new place, the door shutting behind the realtor that left behind his deed of residence.

Proudly holding up the document, he wandered over to the wall safe, that would soon be behind a portrait of himself, and placed the deed inside along with a small heart-shaped box.

Inside of the box was the ring with a missing heart shaped gem-stone. He would need to find it eventually, but he was too excited to worry about that right now.

He hadn't even told Pat he had made the move official yet!

Grabbing his phone, he took a candid selfie, and then made a disgusted face at the result.

*Delete.*

He then ran across the room, flipped off the lights, and produced a small flame above his head to add the perfect warm lighting for his gorgeous face. Now with the perfect mood set, he took the best selfie he could - as well as fifteen more. He then cycled through them all and narrowed it down to four.

He then decided those four weren't good enough and took one more, and before he could delete it, just hit send and it was shipped off to Pat's cellular device, wherever he was at this moment in time.

--

She stood with her back to the room, her eyes over looking the sandy beaches of Los Angeles, California. Lilia was actually at a ballet camp for the next two weeks, and it was something she had been planning and planning for the last four months. Skyler had to insist that she keep with it, and not chicken out. Of course there was sass exchanged, but Skyler would just squeeze her adopted daughter into a hug and plant a kiss on her temple to stop any arguments the two of them had.

"Be strong for me..." Skyler muttered, her silver eye reflecting the sunrise over the crashing waves as a strong breeze billowed into the room. The oversized shirt she wore belonged to Lukas, but the shorts she had on were her own. She had just gotten back from a morning run down the beach and she came back to find Lukas still sleeping sound, face down on his pillow.

A couple of coffees were placed next to the bed on the night stand - one strong, black, and the other with cream and sugar. She enjoyed coffee, but she had to have her cream and sugar.

She was sure he would wake up to the smell soon enough - she hadn't been back all but a minute or two.

Turning around to look back toward him, a soft smile fell across her lips.

"Good morning," she carried herself over to sit onto her side of the bed, one of her legs tucked under her as she grabbed the coffee and held his out to him.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) Empty Re: We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity)

Post by Stoic August 26th 2016, 3:56 am

This was the first time Lukas had been in LA with Skyler. It was a bit nerve wracking, considering the major purpose of this trip was to have her meet the guys.

Yes, normally you take a girl to your family. The thing about this situation though, was that his family were assholes. They would never approve of a woman so much older then him, no matter how beautiful she was. To Drifter it made more sense to get with an older woman though—that way you die at roughly the same time.

Regardless, Pat and Matt were his family substitute. He also kinda wanted them to know where he had been going when he went up to New York all those times. The 'see my brother' excuse only worked for so long with somebody like Matt.

He woke to the smell of coffee, cracking his neck while his face remained in the pillow. He hated getting up. It wasn't even the fact he was tired, it was more the prep. He understood the need for hygiene, but the way he primped took quite a long while for a guy. It seemed like a chore honestly.

He looked to Skyler with a smile, then his eyes looked down to the coffee in her hands. He reached out and took it, then rustled out of bed.

"Thank you. Gotta' brush my teeth first." He said as he went to the bathroom, taking the cup along. He brushed his teeth thoroughly, took a quick shower, did his hair, clipped his nails, put various creams on his face, put deodorant on, then downed the coffee as he was walking out the bathroom door in a towel.

He poured himself another cup.

"Why do you drink it like that? With the cream and sugar? It takes away from the natural flavor..... And it's baaad for you." Drifter teased as he got his clothing then went off to get dressed. As fine as it was for him to being doing that in front of her, he never let people watch him dress. Why would anyone want to anyway?

He wore his usual mix of street clothing and formal wear. A black collared jacket over a dark green t-shirt, dark wash jeans, converse, and a gold crucifix around his neck. Once fully equipped for what would undoubtedly be a dangerous social mission he came out and saw Skyler once again.

"So she's at a ballet thing? You know, my little sister does that too." Lukas said, making small talk about Skyler's adopted as he drank the rest of his black gold elixir of life and happiness.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) Empty Re: We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity)

Post by Charlatan August 27th 2016, 1:04 am

Life had become even more dull, or maybe he had just taken less of an interest in life as it went on. Each motion felt like something that had to be forced out, save for when sleep came of course. Being technically homeless was a pain in the ass, but then again not much he could do about it. Luckily he had a place to crash, even if it wasn’t exactly as nice as his prior apartment, it sure beat the hell out of somewhere on the streets. Luke had messaged something about meeting someone, though he couldn’t be bothered to really care about something like that.

Maybe I should skip out on it. Pat thought to himself, the possibility seeming more tantalizing than it should be. After all, why would someone incapable of feeling love go with people he didn’t care about? His teeth ground together, unable to banish the very idea from his mind, as it always was. That was when his phone vibrated, ripping him from thought long enough to look at what he was receiving. A selfie from a certain Marcus whom was actually named Malus, and for some reason probably related to some really rich lady.

”Whatever.” He sighed, standing up. Not like he was going to change really, considering what he had on was good enough. That being a black shirt which felt just tight enough wth Fus Ro Dah in faded metallic lettering, and a pair of tan cargo shorts. ”Guess I better get going.” With that he would just make his way out, making use of public transportation until he was mostly there and walked from then on.

It was nice for a bit of exercise, and he needed any he could get. They were in some hotel, so he would have to go there, probably giving Malus something to work with but no more than that. Once getting there, he knocked and waited for them to answer.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

"I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 27th 2016, 4:19 am

His eyes opened and he rolled out of bed. It was 5 o' clock in the morning. He took a small jog, went to his basement and did a few sit ups and push ups. He punched the stress bag a bit before walking up the stairs and goting to get a shower. the could water splashed his face. His water heater broke, and since Pat was living with him he had to play up the fact he was broke as hell. Of course there were consequences and he gladly paid for, cold water were his favorite kinds of showers, primarily because frigid water reminded him of the dark abyss. The ocean, that was. though today the thoughts were different. It reminded him of rain. His favorite weather, and where he met the woman that changed his life. for better or worse....well that might be what he was saying shortly. He didn't know anymore. His life was most certainly not his own, and if this was the price he had to pay...

It was 7 o'clock before he was dressed and ready to roll, making his way to the kitchen and cooking up some form of breakfast. His mind was constantly assaulted from all angles. Vampire-angels from Hell invaded his lower thoughts, his higher thoughtd were plagued by voices in his head that whispered while he began to act upon dark impulse. Let's of course not forget the back of his mind, where he was assaulted by "Lord Moon" immortals and their lapdogs of fear. Dark pacts made with those almost as monstrous as he was. Then you had the thoughts of the past...all he had failed. All he continued to fail...and everyone he was going to fail. He already knew he was. Pat. Luke. Code. Christ he even failed Victor, and that broke him most of all.

You've done everything you could. That's all they could ask.
   I wouldn't have failed them. Pathetic.

The breakfast was bacon and eggs on one plate, the second one being tofu. He assumed Patrick would do what he did best and suddenly vanish inexplicably without so much as a goodbye. He actually rather enjoyed that. If nothing else Pat was predictable, he was consistant. He was a good guy, he was just a little oblivious to things at times. Of course one had to consider his circumstance. Pat put up with a lot.  Luke on the other hand... he was just being a bitch.

Well now that's a tad bit hippocritical, now innit? He couldn't help but acknowledge it was a little true. Though he could argue that his situation was a bit more complicated. He could also argue that his anger and petty nature towards Luke was simply because he had been dealing with his bullshit for the past several years as his friend. Now that he's actually trying to save him, the son of a bitch didn't want to help himself.  Can't save them for them.

Yeah. that was pretty true actually. Which is why it made him all the more surprised when he had found Pat wasleaving to go somewhere. Found out mostly because he heard him leave, but Matt didn't really pay too much heed of it. The elusive Pat was a free creature. So long as he followed the rules it was free to do everything else it pleased. Pat seemed to be coping properly with all that had happened, nothing he displayed nor vocalized had been unexpected and was well on the path of recovery. Luke on the other hand, wouldn't even pick up a fucking phone.

"I swear to fucking God." He said as he sat on his couch, crossed legs as his eyes were closed. He said it calmly as he tried to breathe, trying to center himself. "I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD!" he yelled before lunging from the couch over to the coffee table, lifting it up off the ground and throwing it full force against the wall. The table broke and the wall had a permanent hole in it. 11:45am and he had already lost it today.

AHhahahahahhaHAAAAA!! It's just called a coffee table. Don't need to take your jitters out on it. The voice in his mind wouldn't stop, just the little part of him that always seemed to laugh, seemed to languish every time he lost control, every time he felt powerless. He was done with it. He was done with all of it.  Of course when his phone buzzed and he turned to see his phone on the dining table, he began to seethe, walking over to his small bathroom and opening the medicine cabinet, taking a few painkillers and walking over to the phone.

Hey, Apartment 420 of Embassy Suites. Bring formal wear! was all the text message said. Wasn't he supposed to be with his brother? I smell buuuuullshiiiiit. of course it was bullshit. He had the commonsense to actually disguise himself and go sleuthing for Luke several states away. It's very true, Humanity has no life. His life actually revolves around keeping these two shit-for-brains alive while they run around and play vigilantes.

Why?
    So you can get a date of course
    I've spent most of my life single. Dafuq do you want me 2 do?
    Well
It's pretty simple
First you find somebody
then you get them drunk
then you have sex with them
It's as easy as that.
    Have you not met me?
Yah...you exorcized me just the other day.
I would rather just blow Pat and try to cope with the shame.
Oh come on! It'll be fuuuuuun!
Could also use an alibi
I kinda dragged a guy with my car lol

It was at this moment that Matthew felt a severe pain in his head, reading these messages were just making his skull split, the pain becoming more agonizing with every minute. These pain pills were not helping as much as he'd like...though that's probably because he'd yet to take them. With a sigh he looked to the pills and realized that the answer to all of his problems right now were so incredibly simple. The Bloodmoon and their Immortal leader. The Queen of Thrones. Failing everyone he cared about. Even when these three seemed to mix.... all of it could just go away. It was that simple. Forty little peanut shaped pills and a glass of water was all it'd take. Scoffing at the idea he shook his head and went back to his texts.

I'm out. I've tried. I did. I can't do this. I'm not like this. I'm not a vigilante like you guys... I'm not cut out for this team. It's not good for me. It's not good for any of us.  Just do me a favor and do what I'm gonna do. Take a fuck ton of sleeping pills and PK's and don't wake up.
'kay
8:00
Oh? That long? I already took mine...
Welp. I'll save you a seat.
Thanks! but when I get down there i call the seat next to your mom.

Oooh...oh no he didn't. The voice in his head gasped as Humanity's heart froze. His eyes began to well up a little before he let out a deep exhale. Oh Lukey-pooky that was a very baaaaaaad ideeeea-hahaha it laughed.

I'm going to pump my stomach
Reveal my deepest, darkest secret
Then I'm going to hurt you
then I will hurt everyone you're with
then, and only then...will I end myself.

and so he shut off his phone and went in search of his dress clothing for the evening. But with two such wonderful suits....who knew which one he'd choose.

Eenie...
Meanie....
Mineie

Mo.

Last edited by Humanity on May 22nd 2017, 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spoiler:

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 27th 2016, 6:45 pm

She sipped on her coffee, waiting for him to get out of bed. When he finally took the cup, she smiled and leaned over to steal a quick, innocent kiss.

She then called out after him as he went to go take care of his morning routine.

"Don't use all the hot water!" she laughed, knowing full well it was nearly impossible with the built in water heaters in these nicer hotels. Skyler had splurged to make their stay in LA lavish, and private - especially when they wanted to get away from Lukas' family.

She was actually nervous to meet them, to be honest. It was something she had never had the experience of doing - and she was on the later spectrum of thirty, nearing forty in a few short years.

Sighing softly as she watched him saunter to the bathroom, she sat her cup down, half finished, and started to do sit ups. She didn't bother counting in her head, but she knew she did well over one hundred. She then flipped herself around and was doing push ups. By the time Lukas was done, Skyler had moved herself into a hand stand position and was doing push ups with one hand, her other tucked behind of her back.

She stopped and flipped her feet down, gracefully standing back up right.

"I like to live life dangerously," she joked, grabbing for the rest of her cup and drinking it happily.

She just hated how bitter it was alone. There was a few brews she could tolerate, but it was like having tea without honey and cream. She just had to have things a certain way - it was likely the Southern girl in her.

"My turn," she said, cutting him off before he could steal the bathroom again.

Her shower and routine was much shorter than normal. Staring in the mirror with one of the fluffy hotel robes on her, she had wiped away the fog to reveal her face. The scar on her right cheek, brow, and eye was very prominent. It made her feign away for a few moments before looking back at herself.

Normally, she could wear an eye patch and style her hair to cover it - but now... now she had a short mop of hair. She had Lilia fix it for her, so now it was actually stylish instead of a rough chop that resembled a bowl cut... She just hated it. At least, part of her did.

The other side of her - the side that crept out of her on that dark night with Drifter... that part of her loved it.

Knocking her knuckles into the mirror, she took an extra towel and started to dry her silver locks. Rubbing a bit of gel between her palms, she then ran her hands through her hair and styled it to her best ability and then grabbed her own out fit for the day. She stepped back into the bathroom, and was out in a few moments.

She was wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a comfortable pair of flats, and a semi-dressy blouse. It was casual, but it would suit any occasion, really.

Catching her reflection one more time, she leaned over the sink and brushed her teeth, getting rid of the coffee stain and then grabbing a bottle of water as she walked to sit by Lukas.

"Yeah. She's an amazingly skilled dancer. Aiva is paying more attention to Lilia's where-a-bouts right now, and keeping her eyes on any suspicious activity. I have a monitor here," Skyler, over protective of her child, showed Lukas her phone and a feed of all the cameras in the dance studio, and then any cameras outside - even the street ones. And then cameras a block away. Skyler was overly prepared... and it was a bit sickening to think of - at least from an outward perspective.

She didn't care, though. She would do anything for Lilia, even if it meant giving up her own life... or, love life. And if that wasn't apparent to Lukas, she would be sure to mention it eventually.

Getting back on track, Skyler smiled.

"Oh yeah? Is she doing the dance camp at Roux Studios downtown?" of course, there was a possibility of the two of them crossing paths, especially in the world of dance.

--
The selfie wasn't ignored, per say, but he did get a semi passive aggressive reply.

Oh... nice.. Uh. Want to, maybe, come to this thing?
Sure! Do I need to bring anything? Is it a formal event?
No. I'm not sure.

Malus took the short, sweet replies, and then received the address a few moments later. Interesting. Well, maybe it was time to make it up to Pat. I mean, Malus owed him that much.

Grabbing a deep red button down, he pulled it on, then stepped into a pair of charcoal slacks. His feet were dressed in a pair of Louis Vuitton's, and he tousled his hair for that - I put in effort, but not that much effort - look.

Malus walked, for the most part, his mode of transportation usually being flight. But, he had to blend in and arrive just a few minutes late. Not by much, roughly three and give or take twenty seconds. He had stopped off and picked up some flowers, making sure to select colors he knew Pat would like. The arrangement was beautiful, cheesy, but beautiful.

Walking up to the door, he listened for only a few seconds before looking and seeing another man walking down the hallway. He looked a little annoyed, but maybe he had just been blown off from a date, or they were just having a bad day.

Little did Malus know, that man was actually on his way to the same door.

Knocking on the door, Malus waited to be let into the hotel suite, the bouquet of flowers being held behind of his back.

-My DeviantArt-
We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 28th 2016, 1:04 am

Lukas texted Matt and got a flurry of messages in return once he sat down and started talking to Skyler about dancing. He was now paying have attention to his phone and half to the woman in front of him. Unfortunately, that meant he had to sort of wing the conversation.

"Yes....... Pretty sure." Drifter said without even really thinking about whether his sister really had gone to that particular studio. He typed rapidly on his phone, having quite an odd conversation with Matt.

Being who he was, he had to make a low blow joke. That got Matt riled up apparently, unless he was joking as well. If he wasn't..... Well, getting killed for a joke had to be the absolute best way to go out, ever.

He turned his phone off, pouring himself yet another cup off coffee before he set about getting everything ready for tonight. People would be here to meet in only a few hours, after all.

He kept the weapons a little light tonight, only bringing a knife and a handgun. Unless a Warden or two decided to pop up, he figured he should be fine. Not to mention, he had a metahuman mercenary with him.

After that, he called to check up on his reservations.

------------------------------------------

There was a knock on the door. Judging by the way it was paced, it was Pat. Lukas could always tell if something was a Matt or a Pat thing. No, it wasn't anything like the Eldritch trick. You just tend to familiarize yourself with people and how they act. So, Lukas put his best 'I'm sorry i stabbed you then almost strangled you to death' smile on, then opened the door.

"Um, hi Pat. Come on in." Luke said. Pat still looked a little beaten up, despite Matt taking him to get healed by the Seraphim guys. Maybe it was just in the mind.

"Are you alright man?" Drifter asked, planting a hand on his friend's shoulder as he waited for an answer. Whatever it was, he would back away and head into the room to avoid things getting awkward.

"Pat, this is Skyler. I'll get us some drinks while we wait for Matt." Luke said, heading over to the hotel bar to mix some drinks while the two got acquainted. Apparently when he put on a collared shirt, he was instantly a party host.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan August 28th 2016, 2:05 am

It only took a little while for Luke to actually answer the door, Pat greeted with some odd smile. Something about that smile awakened a desire to plant a fist in said smile, splinter and shatter his teeth. Though all he did was give a smile in return. ”Gladly.” Was all he said, fatigue lacing his voice as he stepped through, shrugging off the hand settled onto his shoulder. Just looking at him brought back less than pleasant memories, souring his already stale mood.

Honestly, after the beating he went through, walking around should have been impossible but it seemed Matt had his connections, so he was fine. The only wounds left around now were those of the psychological variety. ”Never been better buddy.” he said with a smirk suddenly, and that was the conversation for him.

Next came the introductions to the girlfriend, as he was expecting. An odd looking woman with silvery hair that looked better suited in an anime, or maybe someone that took their scene phase a bit too seriously. ”It’s nice to meet that special someone in Luke’s life. I’m surprised he found anyone who could stomach him.” He said with usual humor, taking himself a seat on one of the couches.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity August 28th 2016, 4:37 pm

Matthew was running a bit late. Granted he was the last one to be informed ,the last one contaced, the last one insulted and he was quite honetly one of the most unlucky people in the world when it came to social promptness. It had been an ongoing joke in his family that he would be the first person ever to be late for his own funeral. Of course now he could die and his family wouldn't give a damn about him. He was actually convinced that only one of them knew he was alive. Though he couldn't help but ponder the infinite sufferings of this world. How he curried about, scampering to keep up with metahumans when all he really wanted was a blissful existence. Such is the way of fate, however, he took no pity in the hand he was dealt and he actively made the best of what he had.

Matthew was dressed in his favorite clothes. Well favorite clothes that didn't make him look like a poor bum. Pristine white tee shirt with a long-sleeved red, white and blue overshirt left unbuttoned and the sleeves rolled up. His black beanie sat on his head to match the thick black rims of his glasses with his dark blue jeans and thick black boots as the finishing touches. His choice of getting to Luke's hotel probably wasn't the best choice either, though. Not as if he had much of a choice as his car was blown to Hell, hospitilizing Matt in the process. That was actually the most effective attempt anyone had ever made upon his life. Though he was actually quite satisfied by the concept that the closest anyone had ever come to killing him was actually just him trying to kill himself...in a manner of speaking.

The long walk was something that he savored. He kept his wits about him, though kept his hands tucked into his pockets as he continued along down the street. He could look and see all types of people from all walks of life. Black dresses, high heels and boots on the sidewalk, streetlights turning from red to green and cars zipping past like they were the only thing on the road. This was Los Angeles.... the city of Sin. Remembering that he had to smirk, all before coming up upon what looked like the most awkward thing in the world. A boy, he couldn't have been older than twelve and an older boy around Matthew's age sitting with their knees to their chest and backs against a brick wall. Matthew stopped for a moment before looking to them, trying to get the most intense read he could out of things.

First of all the one kid had his hair dyed a rather loud color of blue, as in it tasted like sour-patch kids to look at this hair, and he couldn't stare long. The older one simply had brown hair and a tattoo on his arm. They were drenched, but the last he had heard rain was just before he went for his run. Torn jeans, unconventionally torn, not made through a fashion statement. A backpack with the yougner kid and a duffel bag for the older...though the backpack still had the pricing tags on it, the barcoad seemed to be scratched off. The messy apperances, the glare the older one shot back and the slight recoil of the kid, the facial contortion of the older as Matthew arched his eyebrow in confusion. Scanning over them for just a moment was all it took for Matt to realize what was happening. He reached into his left pocket and withdrew money from his wallet, tossing it down; for a single moment shedding the illusion of poverty as a serpent would it's skin. He didn't say another word and simply walked. It was just his drinking money really...it's not like he needed it... he was an alcoholic that couldn't get buzzed. He couldn't be drunk... he just wanted to drink himself to death it would seem.

Matthew arrived at the hotel and took the elevator up, eventually a man had jumped onto the same elevator with a various arrangement of familiar colors. He chuckled to himself as he began to disect the person that entered the elevator. Fashionable choice in colors, though Humanity would argue that the over-priced shoes were probably a bit much. The hairstyle may have said "Meh I tried." to other people but at this point...with THOSE flowers... the hair really said "Oh God, uhm...okay I'll just play it cool!".  The body spray could possibly have been applied a little more conservatively. In his expeirnece people who abused fregrances this much were either rich douchebags or incredibly inexperienced... and well...look at the guy.... there's no way THAT was lacking in experience.  Humanity presssed the button for the third floor after the man had arrived, and as the elvator took him up he stopped off at the third floor, and then immediately walked to the staircase. He didn't like the vibe of that guy.... he didn't like the vibe of anything going on today, actually.

Hopefully by the time he got to the fourth floor that person would be gone, and have no trace of him being there. Humanity had gotten to him. He couldn't even stand glass elevators anymore. He couldn't stand being seen anymore. He just wanted to vanish.... to get behind a mask. A mask he even called his own face sometimes....

Finally getting up the stairs he opened the door and walked down the hallway, not slowing when he saw the same man from the elevator standing at the door of room 420. Immediately he began canning over the guy. Any contures in those slacks, any form of inconsistanies in the red shirt His eyes fixated on the flowers the man held behind his back. To the man it was simply a romantic gesture. Humanity? He was already formulating plans in his head for any possible weapon that it could conceal. Pipe-bomb? The second he heard beeping he was diving intot he little inlet to his left, where the ice-machine and vending machines were. Katana? There was a luggage trolly on the right, turn it and push it into the guy, disarm and destroy. Machine-gun? Wrist grappling tool, tuck and dive out the window. Magic weapon....well...there were ways he dealt with those.

Walking up to the door he looked to Malus a little confused and quickly reached into hsi pocket to pull out his phone.

"Heh. Got ff on the wrong floor. Uuuuh...no. I'm at the right room.... Okay." He said before taking in a bit of an uneasy breath and sighing, flashing a quick and nervous smile at Malus. Matt looked to the flowers real quick and then to Malus and his mind began formulating. Why is he at Luke's...wait....Was....no....Was he tr-....no. Pat? Maybe... unless Nihilus. If it is then fuck that kid. I swear to God I'll slit his little throat and bleed him like a pig. His mind went through all of these malicious things while he still had his meek, shy and awkward smile on, hands buried deep in his pockets as he seemed to slink back, as if hiding from the man a little. Ok, so this guy was either an assassin sent to kill them, Luke's insanity got worse and he changed teams, Luke is being a dick and tired to set Matt up with this guy, or Pat was here and this guy was for him. Though he was praying it was the fourth...he was highly suspicious of the third option. Pat never said where he was going.... and Luke's texts messages were about him getting laid so.... He really didn't want this to get awkward.

"Uh...c'mon Luke. What's the hold up? did pat kill ya or what?" He whispered to himself as he kept back, utilizing his position to keep an eye on the flowers for any possible weapons it may conceal. He looked over the flowers and quickly reached up, discretely removing two orange ones from the group. They were positioned too close together....it would have irritated Pat to no end. Providing these were for Pat... he really...really hoped these were for Pat.

Spoiler:

We Don't Talk Anymore (Starring: Malus, Skyler, Drifter, Withdrawl, and Humanity) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 29th 2016, 11:44 pm

The femme moved herself to the smaller lounge area within their suite - that is, after she made up their bed... it was a bit of a wreck from last night's activities.

Once she was satisfied, she felt it was perfect timing because a knock came to their door. The first guest had arrived.

Sitting herself down, but then standing, and then sitting again, Skyler couldn't decide where she wanted to place herself.

Finally, she stood with her back to the room, the sliding glass doors opened to the balcony to reveal the beach out in front of them. The smell of the salty air filling the room and adding just a bit more atmosphere to the already pristine, beachy themed room. Most of everything was white, but the pop of color from a few conch shells or nautical themed items made the room come together.

Skyler's back tensed for a moment when Luke exchanged a few words with the first guest, Pat.

Turning to greet him, she took a few lithe strides, her feet padding the floor as she moved.

She extended her hand and offered a smile. Pat would be met with a woman that looked to be in her mid-twenties, despite her age being the later end of thirty. She stood at roughly five feet and seven inches, so she wasn't too tall, but she wasn't exactly short, either. Despite her overall weight, she didn't look that heavy. She had thicker thighs (that did touch, but only barely) as well as a slim waist. Her proportions were near perfect for her height as well.

But, looking for the first time, Pat would see that she had a very, very ugly scar running along the right side of her face, the obvious spider webbing of the scar revealing it wasn't too old, but it was definitely as healed as it could be. Her right eye did not match her left, though. The scar had left her cornea completely white. Her left eye, however, was a gorgeous light gray.

She wished she had gone with an eye patch, but there was no need to hide herself from Pat, or Matt, or anyone else in Luke's family... she wasn't here to cry over their judgement.

"It's a pleasure to meet cha', Pat. I've heard a bit about cha'." her accent was wavering in and out, her attempts at hiding it lost as she spoke.

"But, believe me... If anyone can handle him, it's me." She shot Lukas a lingering glance, her expression softening as he went to the bar to mix some drinks.

She smiled again and looked back to Pat.

She carried on some mild conversation banter until she heard another knock at the door.

"I've got this - also, make me a white russian, babe." she smiled to Lukas and crossed the room to the door.

Opening it revealed two men. One was highly over dressed, where the other looked to fit in to this crowd much better. Judging by their attire, Skyler found the more over-dressed one to be someone's date - perhaps Matt's? Skyler wasn't sure at this point. She barely knew their orientation when it came to their sexual preferences.

It would also be a bit odd if she knew this already.

Stepping aside, she let the both of them in.

"Hey there. My name's Skyler. Pat is inside, and Lukas is at the bar. I'm sure he'll fetch what'ver you like." She said, closing the door once the two of them walked in.

--

Malus' ride up the elevator was a bit odd, considering the man he rode with smelled off. It wasn't as if he smelled drunk, per say, but he definitely did not smell... happy.

Brushing it off, he happily waited in front of the door after he knocked and smiled, readying himself for the door to open.

It wasn't until he realized he had knocked too gently to be heard that the man from the elevator ride came up to his side, checked his phone, and chuckled about getting off on the wrong floor.

Odd...

Malus shifted a bit and knocked again, one hand behind his back now as his other adjusted his overcoat, making sure the top button was still secure. It was proper jacket etiquette, after all.

Once the door opened, Malus came face to face with a woman that had a hideous scar on her face.

"Oh! Is this the right--" And then she introduced herself, but Malus had already looked passed her into the room and saw Pat standing around, his hands shoved into his pockets.

Shucks...

Once Skyler stepped aside, Malus moved forward into the room, gave a short 'hello' to Lukas, and brushed up to Pat, presenting the flowers as one of his hands pressed onto Pat's face.

Malus had no problems with pubic displays of affection, that was for sure.

"Pat. I am so sorry about the other day... There's so many things I wish to tell you, and what better than to do so whenever you're ready." The arrangement was held up, offering Pat the chance to take the flowers or not - it was his decision now.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic August 30th 2016, 6:13 pm

Despite the fact Lukas was nowhere near a prood, affection in public was not his thing. Yeah, he would crack a dirty joke once in awhile, but flowers? Babe? It made his skin crawl honestly.

He didn't have any problem wih Skyler calling him that, but this was around Matt and Pat. It seemed weird, yet it was made weirder still by the Jersey Shore slash Edgar Allen Poe mixture giving Pat flowers. There seemed to have been some problem with their relationship, but if that was the case why did Pat invite the guy? Unless, well, unless he didn't. Lukas really hoped he wasn't being crashed by a stalker.

"Hi....... Not sure we've met. Who are you?" Drifter said from behind the bar. It wasn't rudely, though some might think it was. The point is, it wasn't rude to Lukas.

He finished making Skyler's drink, as well as his. He would also see what Pat and his date(?) wanted then mix it up for them. Drifter himself just had some Bourbon on the rocks with a bunch of lime juice in it.

He would go to Skyler, give her the White Russian, then greet Matt. His friend seemed to have held back behind, being his normal introverted self. Honestly, Lukas was the same way—parties took a ton out of him. He much rather be alone most of the time, so he could understand the reluctance.

He would scoot by Skyler, then walked right out the door and shut it. This would leave him in the hallway with Matt, where they could talk undisturbed.

"Ok, first of all, sorry about the joke, that was quite rude of me. Um, but, who the fuck is that guy?" Lukas asked, a quick laugh escaping his lips. He figured Matt knew nothing about the guy, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Besides, they could both laugh over their mutual discomfort.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan August 30th 2016, 9:19 pm

I almost feel sorry for her. Pat thought to himself, partially because of that nasty looking scar and partially because something told him that she would have a rude awakening in their relationship. Unless Luke was actually doing something about the insanity, or maybe Pat was just being overly hard on him. She would stand up and waltz over to Luke, while Malus would walk into the place followed by Matt who was being….well Matt.

Just having Malus close enough he could smell an abundance of cologne, burning his nostrils rather thoroughly. ”Yeah yeah, my only question is how many bottles of cologne did you bathe in before coming here?” He said with a single raised brow, gripping onto the flowers and letting it settle down on the couch as if he didn’t want to hold them right now. ”And if you’re trying to get on my good side, try a box of chocolates. I can’t exactly eat flowers.” That was when Luke would understandably ask a question, so he might as well answer, sitting back down and ignoring the whole face hand thing.

”Oh he’s fine, I invited him since it felt like the right time to show off the….significant whatever.”
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity September 2nd 2016, 12:06 am

Humanity had smirked with his hands in his pockets as he looked up to the door and his smile faded. Silver hair, fair and a rather gnarly looking scar around her eye. His smile went to lame and mentally retarded, completely forgetting himself as his heart seized itself and refused to pump. His lungs refused to take in air and he was slowly filled with a crippling anxiety. He swallowed nervously after Malus seemed to step in. Humanity stepped forward and tagged Malus on the shoulder, leaning in and in a rather hushed tone decided to be friendly and give Malus a warning.

"Don't drink anything Luke makes you..." before immediately slinking back and being approached by Luke, positioning himself there with a rather dazed look on his face. He had completely forgotten why he was there right now all he could think about was the mistakes of his past returning to haunt him. Luke began talking to him, but it really just went over his head as a saddened and rather heavy look plastered Matthew's face. For once, Humanity was probably the most readable person in the room....because for the first time ever Humanity and Matthew were not divided. Luke continued his comments about being sorry about the comment and he seemed to ignore him, walking into the room with a nod and hopping up a little and leaning behind the bar, pulling up whisky and a thing of vodka. He heard drifter ask who the guy was and he turned to answer him.

"Pat's squeeze. Hand me the Sours....I'll be right back. Hair on my neck is standing on end. He's gonna say somethin' stupid." He cleared his throat and turned around, just in time for Pat to say;

”And if you’re trying to get on my good side, try a box of chocolates. I can’t exactly eat flowers.”

Matt immediately clenched his fist and drove it swiftly into Pat's shoulder, he didn't intend to do any harm, but seeing as for him "toned back" still hurt... it might have been interesting. Of course he was intending on Pat asking what that was for, to which he simply scoffed and looked to Malus and then to Pat, a small leer at his friend. He sighed and shook his head, turning around.

"You've got someone man enough to do that for ya. Give him some slack." He said before hopping right back over to his drink. He immediately popped one top and started to drink a 5th of whisky, opening some vodka and pouring it into the whisky. Then he mixed it up, poured some into a glass with a splash of cranberry juice and sours. But it wasn't a small glass. No, it was massive. "The Bloody Cowboy....here we go." He said already throwing one back, his mind still racing as he tried to gather his thoughts. He was so incredibly sad that he couldn't get drunk. He didn't even know why. It didn't have anything to do with metagenes, or vassalage or whatever. He just never, could he ever get drunk. He could get sick.... but beyond that...nada.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 2nd 2016, 1:29 am

Coming face to face with Malus, Skyler gave him a smile, but he moved passed her and left her standing stark in front of Matthew.

She caught his gaze, his eye color being a bit too pure for a moment, but she blinked it away with another smile crossing her lips. It was almost obvious he was wearing color correcting lenses, but she only noticed because she was staring directly into his eyes. But then she realized his expression that he held on his face. It was on of pure shock or anxiety - or both. She was certain it was her scar and she just made her smile a little wider to try and hide the pain she felt ache in her heart by the judgement being passed on her by Luke's family.

"Hiya. Come on in," she said, moving out of the way to make sure they made their way in with ease. She noticed Lukas come over to speak with Matthew for a few moments, but Matthew had made up his mind and had entered the room and caught Malus before he was off talking to Pat.

Watching as if this was a soap opera, Skyler watched Malus profess his apology, and then Pat turn it down, almost, but only half really. He just really wanted chocolate. Skyler snickered a bit and then let out a louder laugh when Matthew went over and socked Pat right in the shoulder. It was so sudden that it almost made her drop her drink from how abruptly she laughed.

Hiding her smile behind the rim of her glass, she sipped on the White Russian and moved over to sit down at the bar, her legs crossing left over right. She turned so that the left side of her face was the most prominent part being seen by everyone in the room. She didn't want to keep feeling a stare at her.

--

Malus felt a frown etch onto his face as his brows rose at the bridge of his nose, and an expression of pain and sorrow stole him over. He was completely hurt by Pat at this moment, but it must've been what he deserved.

And then the man from the hallway with the beanie on his head made his appearance and punched Pat right in the shoulder.

Malus gasped and turned to look at Matthew with a look of pure shock now.

"I-- what?!" He spoke softly, confused beyond belief until Matthew spoke and stuck up for Malus' gift. That made his heart swell with pride.

"Heh - nice to know I'm at least your significant whatever," Malus said, holding onto what little hope he had left. He then went to the bar and got himself a drink, heeding Matthew's words as he grabbed for some bourbon, a few steel ice cubes, and a square glass. He dropped the cubes in, added a few plashes of the drink, and sipped it as he took the third seat at the bar.

Now things were just awkward.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic September 16th 2016, 3:04 am

Luke raised an eyebrow at the revelation that this person was indeed Pat's sort of date. He wasn't aware his friend was even dating, but then again both Mathew and Pat didn't know about Skyler until now. There apparently was a bit more kept secret now then before all this vigilante business. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing though, Lukas didn't know,.

Drifter went back into the apartment in time to see Matt grab a large glass. Apparently he was mixing his own super drink. Luke had never once seen the guy drunk, but if anything was going to give Matt a buzz, it was whatever he was concocting at the moment. Maybe he needed it. Matt was a difficult person to read, yet Luke could see anxiety all over his face.

Luke passed Matt what he had asked for while listening to Pat and his lover boy have their little back and forth. It was a little amusing to Drifter honestly. He was practically licking his chops for a chance to interject with a sarcastic or suggestive comment.

"Pat, you can eat flowers. That doesn't mean they're food, even though some are, but you caaaan eat them, if you want." Luke said, snatching a red peddle from one of the flowers before tossing it in his drink as a garnish. It probably wouldn't taste so good, but he had to make his point. Plus, it looked pretty.

"Anyway, what's got you two staring at each other with a mixture of contempt and sexual tension? That's usually you and Matt's thing—but at least you're branching out, right?" Luke said to Pat and Malus as he started his pacing thing. When he talked, he had a habit of walking, or at least slowly sauntering. Maybe it was him being anxious, or maybe it was him getting ready to run away if one of his embarrassed friends decided to go murder mode.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan October 1st 2016, 11:57 pm

Pat rolled his eyes, rubbing his arm and letting a soft hiss through his lips. That hurt like hell. Odd that he could withstand a good bit of pain but a punch in the shoulder could just sting. It appeared a little playfulness was unwelcome, but then again he should have expected it by now. Maybe there wouldn’t be a bruise, he could never tell what did and did not bruise. ”Well Luke, if you wanted a bit of sexual tension all you had to do was ask.” Pat noted with a roll of his eyes, and a slight wink followed giving Luke a pat on the bum emphasized with a good squeeze before just following along behind Malus.

He settled himself beside Malus, just mixing him some kind of drink and sipping it. ”Thanks for the flowers though, they’re nice.” He said letting the whole petty act slip if only for a second,  pecking Malus on the cheek. If it was going to be awkward, he might as well be drunk while it was.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top