The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Long way down I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Long way down I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Long way down I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Long way down I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Long way down I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Long way down I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Long way down I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Long way down I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Long way down I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Long way down I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Long way down I_vote_lcapLong way down I_voting_barLong way down I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Cobalt
Zonkes
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Long way down

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Long way down Empty Long way down

Post by Geist August 5th 2018, 1:16 am

This world was far different than the one she grew up in. The countless tomes she poured through didn’t prepare her for the sheer secular filth that humanity created when the gods or even their lesser equals existed to check such development. Instead they spoke the language of science, blinking lights, machines and arrogance that rose beyond even the most learned of archmagi. They believed they understood the universe down to the very small molecule and that made them gods. Metahumans were even worse, flaunting power that the gods had gifted them and proclaiming themselves as such. They didn’t know the power of a true god, not until she showed them the errors of their ways. Looking over the fallen spires of thin metal that had once been a Ferris wheel, Nyxeria hummed softly to herself as she considered the ruin. What was the purpose of such a thing? The Good Sister said it was a thing for the amusement of man and yet she didn’t understand how.

Humanity always managed to confuse her, so she didn’t really think too hard on the concept. Instead she became painfully aware of the blood lust that radiated from the shapes within the shadows. A couple people that looked human emerged from the darkness, pale and sickly almost in how they looked. The pale goddess turned towards them, black eyes narrowing in an amused fashion as their wolvish pets also moved through the darkness with teeth snarling. So these were the vampires of this world? Disgusting wraiths that lived on the dregs of society. Given a modicum of power for an eternal curse they could not be free of. The perfect example of human greed given physical form.

”What is this we have here? The children of night approach me instead of their lofty lord? Now I do feel insulted.” She spoke, calmly despite the irritation that flavored her words. She would not be treated so poorly by insects. Perhaps they needed to be shown a modicum of humility. Black lips curled into a wicked smile before she controlled herself.

“Who the hell is this broad.” One of them spat, english flavored with an odd accent. He was a big, swaggering vampire with muscles that would have shamed any lesser man. Handsome in the way that lesser creatures were, but also repugnant enough to make her want to vomit.

”Of course, I wouldn’t have expected any less. You feed upon my chosen, discard their bodies like some animal and don’t even have the decency to know to whom they belong to.” Steadily her tone seemed to give way to a silent fury, black gloved hands unfurled from their clasped pose. ”So, what do you call yourself vampire?”

“What? Why the hell does that matter?” He sputtered, now furious that some unknown woman was talking like this instead of begging for her life.

”Oh nothing, I just wanted to know what name to cross out. A goddess of death must keep all things in order.” That was when the black aura exploded outwards, bringing with it the dread that these vampires needed to feel.

And yes, they did beg for their lives.

Nyx almost enjoyed recounting the struggle as she settled upon the ratty throne. Blood and the viscera of vampires that opposed her was scattered across the walls and floors like macabre paint, the few that remained prostrate before her in utter terror. A single vampire lay before the throne, the sole of a leather boot pressed against the back of the head of one; shoving their face even further down. A pathetic sight that amused her all the more.

”See, all of you look so much better on your knees.”
Geist
Geist

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2018-08-04

Back to top Go down

Long way down Empty Re: Long way down

Post by CainVulsore August 6th 2018, 5:49 pm

The night was dark and full of terrors. Or, at least that’s what the people of New Orleans believed, and it wasn’t even because of some book series. No. They knew the true terror of the night. When the sun went down and the moon rose into the sky, when all things vile and wicked came out to play. There were your normal drug dealers, prostitutes, and other peddlers of immoral stock but the ‘fun’ didn’t end there. No, the Big Easy was home to a whole host of other problems that likes to come out at night. Vampires, werewolves, ghouls, ghosts, etc. for in New Orleans the Lord of Shadows ruled. He loved chaos, breathed it, and most importantly spoke it; and in this city his word was law.

That of course was what he was doing prior to receiving word that someone had intruded upon his abode. Living the night away, moving with his followers, preying on those that couldn’t defend themselves, and at times as was his due toying and killing those that thought they could. He had just recently snapped the neck of a would be hero who thought they could take back the city from Darkness, and stared to drink upon their red ichor when he was interrupted. With a wild swing Cain tore through the shadow creature, only for it to reassemble it’s self moments later. Clearing his mouth of the blood, the Blood Bandit waited for an explanation. One he did not enjoy. It appeared someone had sought to lay claim to his throne.

Slinking back into the shadows he would traverse through them and thus the shadow realm before arriving just in the entrance or the ‘abandoned’ theater. The wooden plank which usually laid across the entrance to the stage, sitting just above the spikes made of different wood and metals, was not in place. Littered across the ‘floor’ and walls were blood and what he assumed were the bodies of his vampiric followers. The wolves and other creatures were wisely, or perhaps cowardly, not in sight. For upon the stage, sitting on his throne was a lass of jet black hair and skin paler than some vampires.

Her feet propped up on a vampire with others in front of her on their knees. The often times dubbed crazed Lord of Shadows made his way towards the stage. With each step a sections of the shadows rose up to meet his feet. A slow, soft clap was the only noise he made as he got closer to the stage; announcing his presence with a Cheshire like grin that reached up to his blood red eyes. His mouth opened to let out a snarky reply upon his foot touching the solid ground of the stage. “Funny, I was about to say the same thing about you, love.” And with a blink of an eye the throne she was sitting on would dissipate from under her. Melting back into the shadows from which it came.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cain Vulsore
Long way down Pbucket
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Bitch, I am the Lord of Shadows."

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2011-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Geist August 6th 2018, 9:18 pm

The lord would appear. Anyone with half a shred of self respect that styled themselves a lord would come to defend their honor should someone invade their territory and slaughter that which they owned. Proportional retribution within the goddesses mind. So when the lord finally appeared, he seemed to impress more than just his minions. Molding the very darkness around him without a motion. Not a single action, and yet they supported him on the macabre spikes that surrounded the shadowy throne. It attempted to recede, as if called by that very same compulsion and yet it did not. The goddess did not allow even the darkness itself to disobey her now. ”Men greater than you have tried vampire and they all lay dead.” She spoke, inspecting her black painted nails. Legs uncrossed, ceasing the pressure that kept the poor vampire down. ”However, I didn’t come here to throw around idle threats.”

She focused a pleased smile on Cain, amiable in appearance aside from the blood that stained her hands. ”Now you must be The Lord of Shadows many have spoken of. I’ve heard some rumors about you. That you were a bloodthirsty demon with no equal while others would say you were a brat barely worth the title you stole.” She wiped away the drying blood onto her black pants, eyes half lidded as they continued to consider Cain. Those that reached for power tended to want more, hence why they always postured. Mortals, former or otherwise always seemed to follow that principle. None were above the desire for power.

”I’d just thought however that I would meet you in person, perhaps return the favor.  Your pets touched that which was mine and that was not a very smart move. Unfortunately not many will live to learn. A shame immortality did them no favors.” A small, dismissive gestures towards the smeared remains of vampires along the walls. This was a show of force and she wondered if he recognized it. ”Funny how their loyalty towards you is lost when faced with an overwhelming force.”
Geist
Geist

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2018-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by CainVulsore August 8th 2018, 2:54 pm

She didn’t come to throw around idle threats? That what did she call what she did to the vampires that now littered his halls? A message? A gift? She was obviously deluded if she believed any of that were true. That he couldn’t smell the show of force, and thought he was going to overlook what she had already done. In the past Cain wouldn’t have even given this another second of consideration. She’d be on the floor groveling by now. Begging for the sweet release of death. Praying to whatever gods she believed in that they’d save her and let her escape from Cain’s shadowy grasp. ‘New’ Cain, wasn’t all that different. The thought was still at the forefront of his mind; but she continued to talk and he listened. Half heartedly, but still.

“Touched what was yours? Oh no. The world must be ending. Did they not ask permission first?” He asked with mock hurt, placing a hand over where his heart (if he indeed still had one) was. Only to shake his head afterwards. “What even do you consider yours I wonder? The bag o’bloods that litter the streets?” He took a step forward, edging his way from the edge of the stage to the center. Looking down at her as their eyes met. He cared little about the taunt about loyalty. Those that worked for Cain knew what they were getting into when they followed him. He was not a just Lord. He didn’t accept failure or weakness. This? Losing to some two bit no one? Allowing her to make her way through their ‘territory’ and sit upon his throne? He’d probably have killed them himself. The ones that ‘changed sides’ would at least live a bit longer. Showed they still had some survival instincts.

“I will admit, I do find it interesting you seem to know so much about me. Yet I know nothing about you.” He crosses his arms, seizing her up truly for the first time. She was shorter than he was and small. Looked like if she lifted anything she’d fall apart. Weak. It made him wonder how she did what she appeared to do. A blink of an eye and a couple shadow monsters would silently begin to search the shadows for anyone else in the area. She could have done this herself, it was possible but truly? He didn’t believe it. “It’s strange really. I was told that some pale bitch had come to mess with my people, not a name, hardly a description. I tend to be well informed and yet you didn’t even seem to matter enough for anyone to know you. Yet you think threatening me and mine, giving a show of force is a good idea?” He laughed, a wicked grin worming it’s way onto his grim face. Blood red eyes baring into her as his hand rested upon his Kilij. “You’ve got balls, I’ll give you that. But I wonder if there’s a brain in there.”[/color][/color]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Cain Vulsore
Long way down Pbucket
Spoiler:

Creatures of the night
Vampires
CainVulsore
CainVulsore
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Bitch, I am the Lord of Shadows."

Number of posts : 434