The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The wind blows darkly I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:26 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
The wind blows darkly I_vote_lcapThe wind blows darkly I_voting_barThe wind blows darkly I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
The wind blows darkly I_vote_lcapThe wind blows darkly I_voting_barThe wind blows darkly I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The wind blows darkly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The wind blows darkly Empty The wind blows darkly

Post by Rowan Eldraine March 8th 2018, 12:36 am

Chicago. The winds blew through it in an almost mournful serenity, mingling and twisting with the sound of rain falling from black clouds that blanketed the sky. Ryan frowned, pulling down the front of his beanie and shoving bangs underneath the soft blue woolen fabric. Each droplet felt like nothing more than faint pressure against his skin, cold and everything else lost within his inability to feel cold. There could be a metaphor somewhere in there, but he wasn’t quite to the point of acting pretentious. Committing your first murder never really correlate towards suddenly becoming a philosopher. Whether these rains were of his own making or all natural, now that was a question that was better left not asked. The clouds would fade either way, and the sun would shine as it always did. Just not for everyone.

With a deep exhale he stepped up onto the curb, weaving around a few people, moving in hurried steps with barely functional umbrellas in an attempt to keep dry. Life had become aimless since his last encounter with Lucius, going from one place to another with little contact with people he had once cared about. Cold grey eyes haunting him beyond when he had slept, always piercing his dreams and contorting them into nightmares. Even thinking about it now caused his heart to become heavy, as if it had fallen into his stomach.

That was when he had been approached by someone.

A strange individual in a suit, blonde hair and eyes similar to Silus’ dad. Those piercing silver that looked like they could see into his soul. In a sense that strange person that referred to himself as Raguel. It was a strange name, something that sounded more like a person that Silus would have worked with and yet he came to him. It was an odd position to be in, and yet here he was accepting that help for the promise of some vague revenge. It was confusing, and yet here he was going through motions that felt like they didn’t really matter anymore. Nihilism was not the norm for Ryan, but he was beginning to dabble a little into it.

A splash of water hit his varsity jacket,  sinking into the fabric ever so slightly with eyes now a frosty blue, feeling the warm sensation of the amulet that was pressed against his sternum. A sign that he was close to what he was looking for. Slipping through a section between buildings, he found a small reclusive section behind what he assumed was an asian food place.

Attention fell to a humanoid shadow, huddled close to a dumpster. Chattering, and filling the air with the sound of something ripping. Squelching, and from what he could tell...the thing was eating. Taking a step towards them, the creature turn towards him and let out an earsplitting screech with a maw that stretched twice the size of its body with sharp teeth ringing what was assumed to be its mouth.

Like a bullet a tongue shot from the maw, elongating and ripping through his form like a bullet.  It went clean through a building behind him and slammed into the side of a car  as people began to scream in panic and fear.

”Now that was pretty rude.” Ryan hummed, grasping the tongue as it began to freeze.
Rowan Eldraine
Rowan Eldraine

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2017-06-06

Back to top Go down

The wind blows darkly Empty Re: The wind blows darkly

Post by Kubi Tsuru March 8th 2018, 1:57 am

It’s been a while since he’s been in Chicago.

’Not since Ryan …’ He wasn’t some lovestruck, of course; they had fun together, and that was that. A one-night stand. Of course Kubi would want more, but Ryan seemed like he needed to get his shit together. So Kubi gave him time, not that Kubi let him know why he left. Ryan was a great kid, smart, thoughtful, caring, and hella good in the sack to boot. You never get that, even on chicks. A little bit sexist, sure, but there’s a reason the giant of a man preferred females. But Ryan, well, he was everything great a chick with everything great about a dude. You can’t get much better than that. If he told the poor guy that, though, he’d probably create a black hole from how fast and far his self-esteem would sink. Kubi smirked at the mental image.

Kubi had never thought he’d be back in Chicago and, as the thin metal railing bent towards what is a very long fall, he was starting to fear it was a wasted trip. This asshole sure didn’t know anything. With a sigh, he yanked the beaten gangster back from the edge. He collapsed, spewing blood and what looked like a tooth on the roof. Tears streamed from his face as he scrambled backwards, slipping on his pool of blood and knocking himself unconscious. Kubi rolled his eyes. ”Oh, seriously, y’ dramatic li’l fuck. It’s a good thing yer unconscious, y’ shouldn’t feel-” A curious sound cut through his taunt and he stopped, his head cocked to hear it again. Normally he wouldn’t let the sound of other people interrupt his own voice, but this was ... terrifying sounding, honestly. Like some kind of monster. He’s never heard the sound of- there it was again! Nonchalantly dragging his prisoner by the hair, he leapt to the edge and glanced down. And there, splayed in an alley, was Ryan.

Kubi couldn’t believe his luck! This was Ryan, the man whose been occupying his thoughts since he landed here! Same blond hair, same ice powers, had to be him! And it appeared he was … with … some sort of … okay, what the fuck?! Some kind of monster, for sure, with a tongue long and powerful enough to cause collateral damage. And it’s mouth seemed to be made up of mouths!? What the hell kind of frogspawn abomination was this fuck?! And it was eating a being. A human. His eyes narrowed at the bloody wreck of a person. The sight drew him back to a more serious state. This thing wasn’t harmless, obviously … well, maybe he could kill two birds with one stone. With the sound of grating metal, Kubi kicked the barrier off the fence, the pieces falling dangerously down into the alley.

Then with all the strength he could muster, he called out. ”Oy, Ryan. Watch yer head!” A flick of his wrist sent the gangster flying at the thing and Kubi followed a second later. If his aim was correct, he’d land directly on the creature; if it wasn’t, the shockwave from his landing should at least disable the creature, if not kill it outright. Regardless, the creature was only a secondary reason. As soon as his feet touched the ground, he walked up to Ryan, his trademark grin plastered on his face and his long hair shaggy and brown. From the scruff to the overall unkemptess of his clothes, he appeared to be having a much rougher time of it than when they last met. But he still greeted Ryan with all the enthusiasm he could; which in this case took the form of a sudden and overpowering bear hug.

”Good t’ see ya, Snowman, good t’ see ya.”
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Power isn't the ability to hurt people, but rather the ability to resist temptation."

Number of posts : 85
Job : Fire Hunter
Humor : All kinds and constantly
Registration date : 2016-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Eldraine March 8th 2018, 2:42 am

The creature hissed a strangled little sound, attempting to remove its tongue from his grasp and shattered at the point that Ryan touched. It let out a piercing cry of agony, skittering back a few steps as someone called out into the place of darkness. The creature turned towards the sound as well, something about it drawing recognition from Ryan. Eyes widening slightly as a shape moved through the air, pushing him back in the form of water splattering and the monster exploding outwards from the point of impact. Likely killing it, but he couldn’t tell from a cursory glance as the reforming process began to happen. What ended up happening was a tight bear hug enveloping Ryan, and himself trying to keep his body from being broken by it.

Compared to the last time they met, he looked far messier. Not that Ryan had much to say, considering that his hair was longer and considerably shaggier than it was long ago despite being hidden within his beanie. His lips curled into a slightly pleasant smile, slipping from the hug by literally melting into water and reforming on the ground. ”Good to see ya too. Feels like forever ago since we last met.” He hummed, seemingly pondering over something before returning to the situation. ”How long as it been? Feels like forever.” He returned the hug, even if that was an ineffectual attempt at doing so. Came with not being nearly as strong as the male that towered over him so easily.

That was when he noted it, the fragments of the creature that Kubi had squished beginning to wriggle and coalesce back to a single point. Wriggling, and releasing these little sounds like human voices chanting in a low fervor. ”I’ll be honest, wasn’t expecting it to reform like that.” He muttered, voice tinged with a slightly perturbed tone. ”Go anything that can burn it? All I can do is freeze it right now.” The vague form appeared before them on misshapen legs, ruby eyes narrowed upon the two of them while launching that spear like tongue once again but towards the massive brute.
Rowan Eldraine
Rowan Eldraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kubi Tsuru March 8th 2018, 3:00 am

Huh. That was … that was new. ”Shit, since when c’n y’ do water? I thought y’were strictly a one element kinda guy. S’pose it makes sense, y’ slippery little bastard.”

Kubi was beaming widely. An actual, sincere smile too. God it was good to see him again, even if it had been forever. He smelled better than he remembered, like salt and something else, something he really liked … which is a fact he was keeping firmly to himself, thank you very much. It wouldn’t do to let anyone know that he sniffs random guys. Well, at least not on purpose. Could be a fun prank to pull. The corner of his lips twitched at the thought. Ryan would be probably be pretty embarrassed too … or would he? Kubi’s eyes narrowed infinestimelly at the young man. The deep brown orbs were unusually intense as they flicked up and down his body, lingering on any visible bits of skin, on his hair, his eyes. Something had happened, something pretty serious, but what he couldn’t-

”Fuck, that ain’ good.” The pieces of the exploded thing was reforming. Kubi didn’t plan for this. Hell, the instant he killed the thing - or “killed”, since apparently it has a healing factor strong enough to make Atlas jealous - he put all thoughts of it out of his mind, letting his reunion with Ryan let his guard down. Apparently, that wasn’t something he could do. Honestly he was pretty pissed off about it. ”You little shit. You’re ruining out reunion!” With impatience born of irritation, he grabbed the nearby dumpster and slammed with no visible effort down around the thing with enough force to bury it several inches into the asphalt. If it worked, good; if not, it would at least put it on guard. Either way, he was going to take this thing out.

”Oh, god, that’s fuckin’ disgustin’.”

With a look of utter disgust, he flicked his hands free of the goo and miscellaneous fluids that had built up after decades of use. Seriously gross. Who knows how many diseases that thing held? Ugh. As gingerly as his massive fingers were capable, he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out a sanitation wipe, cleaning the gunk from his hands with a look approaching nausea. ”Seriously. Reasons like this fuckin’ bullshit is why’n I hate cities. Fuck it.” He crumpled the wipe into a tight ball and threw it onto the pile of trash already there. ”Alright, I ain’ got shit to burn it with. Y’ think it’s impervious to being shattered?” His thought process was simple here, really; all Ryan had to do was freeze it. Kubi would use his superstrength to shatter it into a million pieces. Easy, really … assuming the thing survived. Even if it did, the pieces should be taken care of.

”Jus’ wanna say, thanks fer the hug. I really liked it. Hopin’ it’s th’ start to much more Snowman lovin’.”
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Power isn't the ability to hurt people, but rather the ability to resist temptation."

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Eldraine March 8th 2018, 3:56 am

”Could always do water. Guess that just never came up the last time we met.” Ryan admitted with a slight amount of embarrassment. It wasn’t often that he didn’t end up showing the water section of his ability, but apparently that was a thing that happened the last time the two of them met. Now the massive man knew that small bit, so there was no reason to really worry about any backlash that could come from it. Unless of course he was wrong about that not causing an issue, then he would have to work around that some other way. Luckily his mind working towards awkwardness was cut off by the creature showing that it was not so easy to kill with a simple powerful stomp. It meant he could focus on putting the damn thing down, as he felt the warmth of the amulet pressed against his chest as if reacting to the creature.

”Leave it to vaguely demonic looking things to ruin a conversation.” Ryan stated, considering the statement about freezing the creature and he took that to heart. Extending a hand, water rushed in spikes into the creatures body, glowing an odd radiant blue. It let out a strange cry before becoming a solid statue of the thing trying to kill them, and was shattered by the fists of the massive man. Smashing it without anything else lead to the creature reforming, but that wasn’t the case with the shattered remnants. An interesting sight, but one he didn’t care much for.

Luckily the relic performed the job like he was told, but he didn’t know what that job was. He furrowed his brows, considering the dark shattered fragments that didn’t do anything beyond rest there. ”Snowman isn’t opposed to giving any loving.” He responded trying to replicate a little self confidence. ”So, how’s life been? I’ve mostly been...fighting weird creatures lately. It’s actually a pretty long story.” Ryan shrugged, burying hands into his pockets and keeping eyes locked on the giant.
Rowan Eldraine
Rowan Eldraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kubi Tsuru March 8th 2018, 4:17 am

His plan worked! Not that it was much of a plan. ‘Punching frozen things’ wasn’t exactly ingenious, after all. Still, the fact that the frozen fragments of the semi-human creature didn’t move was a good sign. Now maybe he could actually focus his attention on Ryan. God knows the kid deserved it. He smiled at his crack about wanting some loving. It appears his feelings were reciprocated; a small knot of tension relaxed in his gut. He was worried Ryan thought it all a mistake. It’s good to know he, at least, still wanted him. Damn, it was good to be lovin’. Still Kubi could sense something was off, like he’s experienced something that changed him a little bit. Or a lot. He didn’t care, to tell the truth; right now he was focused on the blue eyes that were getting slowly closer and closer as Kubi brought himself to face him. Almost too close for comfort.

”Weird things, huh? Yeah, I c’n tell.”

His voice had turned husky, which might be because suddenly he found it hard to breathe. Normally he’d attribute that to the god-awful stench in this alley … only that wasn’t the case. Ryan smiled, and that simple look turned his lungs to putty. He remembered thinking he had a gorgeous smile back in LA. His smile only grew wider as he remembered the contest they got into and both of their naked, sunkissed bodies afterwards- probably not a good idea to dwell on those thoughts. Nope. Definitely shouldn’t think about how good of a kisser he is or how intense his eyes were, like shards of sapphire dipped in fire … he should probably back up now, but his legs didn’t exactly follow his orders. They seemed to have a mind of his own and were moving closer. His arms were joining in on this little rebellion and were putting themselves on his hips.

[color=chocolate]”Can’t really complain. Haven’t found th’ bastard who killed m’ wife yet, so that sucks. Joined ECLIPSE, though, that’s been … uh, fuckin’ interestin’.”

He definitely shouldn’t kiss him, definitely shouldn’t ravage him in this alley- actually, he needed no convincing on that last part. Jesus this was gross. It was actually enough inspiration for him to pull back from Ryan, removing the hair of space that had separated them. He let his hands slip off his hips and into Ryan’s hand. The skin of his palms was rough, and his muscles themselves felt like solid stone. Despite this, his hands were carefully, purposefully gentle, desperate not to hurt him. It was a constant struggle for him, but it was one that he would continue to do. His grin grew wider.

”Now, wudya say we get outta this nasty-ass alley, call someone t’ clean up this mess-” Here he gestured to the frozen mess. -”and rent a hotel room. On me. Hows that sound?”
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Eldraine March 8th 2018, 4:48 am

”Weird sums my life up lately.” Ryan agreed, thinking back to everything that had happened and regretting every bit of it. Something about the taller male felt safe, that might have been the fact that he was just such an imposing figure. Something about that brought to mind safety, thought the husky voice itself was an interesting thing to hear. His heart threatened to skip a few beats, but didn’t actually do that beyond perhaps one single beat. Thinking back of their meeting in LA, sharing time in a warm shower and beyond that was enough to make him feel a little...odd. Maybe it was a weird thing that he needed now of all times.

He wondered if the hair that had grown long and shaggy was soft. It could be that, or horribly rough from the secondary glance. Not that he really cared much for guessing things like that, or even which was the truth. He listened to the statement about the male not finding who he was looking for. A person that had killed his wide and likely put him into a similar tailspin that it did to Ryan, who was...still dealing with his mothers death in his own way. Not the healthiest of ways as many would argue.

”If you need help finding that person, i’ll do what I can. Can’t really speak for knowing what this ECLIPSE is though. Sounds pretty interesting.” He showed his support in that way that Ryan did, even if it was a little uncertain about everything. The hands that rested on his hips moved into his hands, these monolithic things holding comparatively frail looking pale fingers. It would have been funny if it weren’t such an odd juxtaposition. They felt like a golem of stone was holding his hands, rough but at the same time attempting to be gentle.

”Know anyone to clean something like this up? I just sorta leave my mess where it is honestly.” A glance averting slightly as if that were a small shame. ”Hotel room sounds nice though. A little rest in a comfortable bed is probably something i’ve needed for a long time. Well...a month anyway. So long as there’s a shower anyway. I think I probably smell pretty...gross right now.” He genuinely laughed at that, giving the massive hands that enveloped his own a soft squeeze. ”Well lead the way big guy.”
Rowan Eldraine
Rowan Eldraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kubi Tsuru March 8th 2018, 5:19 am

”Yeah, ECLIPSE is, uh … an interestin’ place. Th’ stories I c’n tell you. I won’, though.” He teased him lightly while at the same time tugging his hand down the street, demonstrating just a little bit of that strength he had. Just from the feel of his arm it would be impossible to escape from the mountain of a man. Of course if he tried to let go, Kubi would let him; he was in no way forcing him. His heart felt light as a feather from his willingness to come. Would it hurt if he changed his mind? Yeah. But hey, it’s his mind, he can do what he wants with it. Kubi was still hoping that he wouldn’t, though. He really liked him. And his smile. Seriously, that smile. Almost enough to knock a man off his knees.

”... yeah, this should do it. Y’deserve a break.”

It was a hotel, one of those massive ones that seemed to take up an entire city block. Large, fancy lettering at the front marked it as the Klimpton Grey. From the looks of it, a night here is a normal persons rent. Kubi, however, walked in as if he owned the place. A flash of his key at the front desk and they were on their way, up to the penthouse. Kubi just grinned at Ryan. ”Yeah, it’s nice. Pays t’ have money, y’know?” The view was spectacular from here. One entire wall was made of glass and the entire city was laid out before them like a puzzle. Kubi was used to the view already, but the one he wasn’t used to was Ryan. He was the picture of perfection standing there. Kubi couldn’t help but grin like an idiot.

”So, y’ wanna order room service …” He offered him a glass of whiskey and a suggestive look. ”Or y’wanna skip straight t’ dessert?”
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Eldraine March 8th 2018, 6:03 am

There were so many things they could tell each other, but that wasn’t needed really. So much that could have gone without being said and went without being said. The iron grip around his hand dragged Ryan along, but he didn’t really feel as if he were being forced to go anywhere. If anything, He was just moving along with someone that seemed to have his health in mind to a degree, especially with how he seemed to be holding back what would have otherwise been monstrous strength. ”Won’t argue with you there.” Ryan responded to the statement about him needing this and a break felt rather nice.

The two of them reached a hotel rather quickly, his eyes scanning up to the building that dominated a block itself. A feeling of discomfort building up within his gut as they walked into the lobby, these two shaggy guys that didn’t seem like they belonged. A flash of keys showed Kubi had quite a bit of influence, and they walked on without anyone really attempting to stop the duo. Shooting up to the penthouse, a single wall composed of glass forming what looked to be a kind of puzzle. All of it was rather enthralling really, as if he were being pulled out of the life he lived and into something else.

”I’d say skip to dessert but i’m really hungry. Don’t think i’ve eaten anything all day.” Ryan accepted the glass of whiskey, carefully sipping at it and his expression screwing up ever so slightly. ”Not gonna complain about having dessert first though.” His smile took on a suggestive flavor to it there.
Rowan Eldraine
Rowan Eldraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kubi Tsuru March 10th 2018, 2:42 am

Kubi felt like slapping Ryan; he had to ignore the concern in his chest and remind himself that Ryan was a big boy. If he wanted to be an idiot and not eat, that was his choice. But he wasn’t getting any of this without eating something first. Kubi expressed his distaste of this choice with a cocked eyebrow and a shake of his head. ”You’re a fuckin’ idiot.” He didn’t hate that, apparently. In fact he quite liked it. His imagination ran wild, picturing Ryan in all sorts of dangerous situations, usually mostly undressed, as explanation of why he didn’t eat. Was he drooling? Crap, he shouldn’t be drooling. It wasn’t nice to drool over your boyfriend- er, not boyfriend. Just, boy toy- shit, too impersonal. He really couldn’t put a name to … whatever this was, could he? That was a little worrisome; and more worrisome was just the fact that Kubi was actually worried about it! The lines in his face tightened.

”Right, well, uh … I smell like a fuckin’ dumpster. ‘parently, that’s what happens when y’ manhandle a fuckin’ dumpster. Who’da figured?” He smirked at Ryan, hiding his insecurity behind his usual machismo. ”So I’m gonna take a shower, clear all this gunk off. Call room service, order whatever. I got the cash t’ burn. Jus’ make sure y’ eat so yer dessert is ready.” He winked at the young meta again before heading towards the shower.
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Eldraine March 10th 2018, 3:11 am

Ryan couldn’t help remembering the times that someone had called him stupid or the days that he went without eating. It had been a long life, since he left home and even longer since he lost his mother. The whole world had changed so quickly he couldn’t even recognize truth anymore. Still, he couldn’t blame the male for that response. ”No arguments there.” Ryan noted, eyes turning to the glass that peered into the city beyond. It looked so...strange but here he was. Things moved to Kubi explaining that he would take a shower to get rid of the gunky smell, something he could agree to. Giving a small nod, Ryan smiled in a fashion that felt strong.

”I’ll be sure to eat up.” He returned the wink and the male went to take their shower. On his own Ryan dug around for a room service menu until one came up and he looked through the pages which oddly lacked lamination. It took a few minutes but he settled on a burger, fries and a chocolate milkshake. All of those sounded pretty nice, and his stomach agreed with that notion. Letting off a low grumble that made the hollow feeling almost painful. Phoning down, he could only wait for the food while keeping himself amused somehow.

Watching the rain falling down ended up being that, his brows furrowing. Rain was too much of a constant in his life, and he didn’t like that. Will, and a control over his power that was only recent came into being, as the rain seemed to stop and changed to a pleasant snowfall. Easily called mood whiplash as far as weather was concerned. Still Ryan thought it was much better than more noisy, broody rain.

Time passed waiting until the knock came and room service appeared, Ryan answering the door and accepting the door as it was pushed in. Just smelling it, his mouth was filled with saliva and he settled everything down on a table that allowed him to enjoy the view. Taking a bite into the burger and letting out a low, pleased ,moan as the flavor exploded in his mouth. ”Yeah, room service is great.” He noted to himself, washing down the burger with a sip of the milkshake. For now, he could forget his terrible life's turns.
Rowan Eldraine
Rowan Eldraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kubi Tsuru March 12th 2018, 7:01 am

The warm water ran over the back of the mountain of a man and he sighed at the feeling. He was grungy, of course; throwing around dumpsters tended to also fling juices and other nasty things through the air and on the person holding said dumpster. The clothes were probably a goner, which was a shame. That was his favorite shirt. The shower did feel nice; the heat and steam had a way of helping him forget about his worries, as if the dirt the water washed away held his collective angst and pain. Another sigh wracked his frame. The hot water felt good, it really did, and he was tempted to stay here forever, letting himself get lost in the steady beating of the water on the tile. But if he was honest, he didn’t take a shower because of his odor; it was a factor, for sure, but the problem was Ryan. And this was an issue water couldn’t wash away … mainly because Ryan was still waiting for him.

If he was honest with himself - and let’s face it, if you can’t be honest with yourself there’s no hope left - his feelings for Ryan scared him. He was nearly fourty, dammit, and not getting any younger. He couldn’t go around chasing tail … no matter how good that tail looked. Nope, no, definitely not gonna be thinking about the tail of a young, hot meta in the shower. The hotel was already getting angry at him, didn’t need to add another charge to that. No, he didn’t need Ryan … but god dammit, he wanted him. He yearned for him. On some level he realized he was desperate; his wife had died almost two years ago now and in that time, he hasn’t had a serious connection with anyone. Sure, one night stands, occasional back alley trysts, but nothing serious. And he wanted serious so much. The heat, the romance, the sheer raw power of a relationship sounded like fucking heaven right now … but he didn’t think he could have that with Ryan.

Nothing against the meta, of course, he was great kid; funny, powerful, charming, and god damn was he hot. But he just didn’t like men the way he liked women. He didn’t trust them, he didn’t feel as comfortable and overall, he just didn’t feel like it was sustainable. It was alright for some guys, but sadly, not for Kubi. He needed a woman, needed the soft, feminine, witty counterpart to keep him in check. His other half just simply couldn’t be a guy, it wouldn’t work. Sure, Kubi would give it a try, and if he did he would refuse to think it would fail - self-fulfilling prophecies are a real bitch - but somehow, he doubted Ryan would want to continue a relationship with him after he told him this little epiphany. With a growl of frustration, he turned the water, snapping the knob off as he did. Why the fuck did dating have to be so complicated?

He stepped out of the bathroom in only a towel, the dark blue color setting his skin aflame. There was a curious look in his eyes, part guilt, part passion, and he paced to Ryan. His hair was still wet, liquid drops gliding across the washboard of his chest. With the fever and passion of a man possessed, he kissed Ryan, his calloused lips crashing against the younger mans. It was hard to pull away, and when he did, Kubi could only smirk. Why he did that he couldn’t begin to guess, but seeing him stand there was almost more than Kubi could take. It ignited in him a fire he couldn’t quench; quite ironic, considering the object of the passion. Kubi had to tell him before he couldn’t contain himself anymore, consequences be damned.

”Look, I had some time t’ think, and it ain’ fair fer me t’ drag you along.” He took his hands, his eyes burning with intensity. ”I want somethin’ serious, y’know? Somethin’ and somebody I can hold tight t’ my chest on dark nights. I don’ wanna do just one night things no more, ya know? I want something long-term, a guarantee. But the thing is, I don’ know if that’s possible with you. Our lives are totally different, y’know, and I just don’t know if a relationship can survive that. Not to mention I ain’ totally sure I’m that into guys. But, if you are-” He was breathless as he spoke, as if the very act of talking was driving him into exhaustion. Which was a ridiculous notion, he could talk all day without getting winded. ”I’m willin’ to give it a try. I just need t’ know you too, Ryan.” For the first time he used his name. That alone showed how serious Kubi was being.
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Eldraine March 12th 2018, 7:31 am

Eating had a calming effect on him. Letting the sensation of taste consume his mind and was away the doubts that clouded it like a black smog. Thoughts that creeped up when they weren’t wanted from dark corners of a mind that many wanted to believe he couldn’t conjure them from. A Ryan that felt as if he had died along with his mother, and along with the time spent with Matt in that place. For the moments that his teeth broke through bread and charbroiled beef, these heavy sensations drifted down like dainty white flakes of snow. Leaving him almost light, left foot tapping against the floor and his head bobbing long to inaudible music. These moments alone that contained both dread and pleasure wrapped up into an indescribable package.

Letting a small puff of cloudy, cold air slip through his nostrils Ryan noted the sound of the bathroom door opening with a curious hum. Heavy steps reverberated across the floor, the massive man that Kubi was striding across the floor and bridging their distance rather quickly. A look the male had a difficult time describing settled on his face, and the source quickly revealed by the kiss that followed. This meeting of unbridled passion, tasting of burger and that irresistible flavor that lingered on the man and stuck with him. Bringing with it so many feelings. These sensations like fireworks exploding underneath his skin and causing the very heart within his chest to beat like a caged bird.

A moment that was suspended within eternity till they parted, his skin taking on an oddly toned complexion as if the ice had left Ryan. Warmth for however long it would remain was there, mouth agape breathless and eyes widened in pleasant surprise. That was followed by what he could only describe as an unloading. Of burdens that likely weighed on the powerful males mind, and brought about fierce intensity within those fascinating eyes of theirs.

Long term relationships. Ryan hadn’t thought much on dating long term, and that was for good reason. Unfortunately past loves were less than interested in him or changed ages at will, and tended to prefer something younger these days. It all made the whole thing very awkward when thought about at length. The mentioned of not sure about his ability to actually be with a guy for extended periods of time came up, more questions coming with it and none of them asked. Half a lifetime of running away made him crave something more permanents, even if that permanence was this person likely twice his age. Silence existed for a second between them as he took a conservative sip from the milkshake and sighed.

”My life has been full of uncertainties and the short term ever since I discovered my powers. I was afraid and they...were not always controlled like they were now.  I don’t know about the future, even if you’re really that into guys but I know that i’m tired of just existing from moment to moment like I do.” His expression showed he was working through these words, as if hoping not to mince or waste them. ”And I know that i’m more than willing to give it a try. I’m all yours for as long as you’ll have me.” He shrugged, wondering what that would leave him with or if it wasn’t as long at all.

”Maybe you can sit with me, we can talk or whatever. I promise i’ll share my fries with ya.” An attempt at levity, and one that felt as if it had landed right.
Rowan Eldraine
Rowan Eldraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kubi Tsuru March 12th 2018, 7:59 am

He agreed with him. Relief flooded him body, his heart started up again, and he let loose a breath he didn’t realize he was holding. He understood uncontrollable powers. For the majority of his youth, after all, he would destroy things just by touching them. As he spoke, chewing over every word in that way Ryan has, Kubi let his fingers entwine in his. What a couple they made, Titan and Poseidon. The struggle they both faced, every day, not to hurt the people they care about … it’s only something the other can understand. That alone was more than enough of a reason for Ryan to not want to risk this, but he was, and Kubi felt his heart flutter at the joke. God, he really liked this man. He took the offer, sitting next to him and snagging a fry. This is what he was meant for, this easy camaraderie. This is how it should feel.

”When you grow up with change, it makes it so hard to t’ stay still. But it also makes y’ stronger, y’ know? In th’ end, after all the smoke settles and the shit hits the floor, yer still standin’. That’s what I like about you. You understand what it’s like t’ struggle, and you don’ use it as an excuse t’ hurt people. You let it guide ya, but you don’ let it corrupt it. That’s fuckin’ strength right there.”

He couldn’t contain himself anymore; carefully he removed what remained of the food, and then his lips crashed against him, rough hands running up and down his body. He pulled back after a second, letting his smirk imply his words. Slowly and carefully he walked to his bedroom. Oddly enough, his towel remained behind with Ryan …

Fin … ?
Kubi Tsuru
Kubi Tsuru
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowan Eldraine March 12th 2018, 8:22 pm

There was a level of comfort to take in the rough hands that enveloped his own. So strong, and so worn by the passage of time as well as the work that came with being a person as strong as he was. Just from that look he had a feeling the two of them understood each others sufferings more than could be portrayed with simple words. Somehow something as simple as french fries broke through that deep tension, golden skin breaking and the taste of fried potatoes bring euphoria all its own. Blunting the edge of the words spoke, some of which felt like falsehoods spoken by someone that had higher ideas of him than reality permitted. How much of his life was a lie and the truth was suspect within itself, still he trudged along without ceasing.

Words would cease and he swallowed the food he had chewed up, looking up to the male who had pressed their lips back together. That heady sensation swimming through his mind, pushing away all the thoughts too deeply ingrained now. They broke apart, but this time what remained between them was more suggested. Rough fabric of a towel dropping to the floor, leaving nothing to the imagination as the male walked away. Despite everything, his face was the expression of serenity.

Pushing himself up from his seat, a last glance was thrown towards the snow falling so serenly outside and he smiled. He followed the taller male, more than willing to accept this. Whatever that was. Now of all times he just needed something secure.

Thread close
Rowan Eldraine
Rowan Eldraine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top