The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Urban Commandos
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells)

Post by The Lost September 19th 2016, 9:40 pm

"Honestly? More than I thought I would," he played along without dropping a beat. As he did, he scanned her over with his peripherals, focusing on details only when he thought he could get away with it discretely. At this distance, it was clear that she was not the woman that his agent had described, or at least she didn't appear to be her. Among the inconsistencies, he also noted the consistencies. From the obvious note of the wheelchair, to the less obvious detail of her finger biting. They were important clues and evidence. Now it as just a matter of waiting for the right moment to play his cards.

There's no way he could know for sure, but he was smart enough to be aware of all possibilities. While it was always smarter to focus on the more likely possibilities, it was also good to keep the less likely possibilities within your plans. After all, once you ruled out the possible, all that's left is the impossible.

Was it implausible that a pick pocket would have stowed away a wheelchair in a bathroom, just to create a more convincing disguise later on? Entirely, but still within the realm of possibilities. Was it implausible that a mere pick pocket would go to such lengths? Perhaps, but it is more likely when you consider who her target was and how important he was.

The fact that the large amount of cash hadn't been taken, would have been a huge clue towards this. The condition of the item was also reported to him by the inside agent, but she had reported that the wallet was empty.

It's was now more than plausible that she was aiming for Jonathan Javian. Perhaps she confirming her target when she first approached him. Perhaps, she was an enemy that he should crush right now with one super powered, surprise left hook.

Javian took a moment to take in the gallery as a whole. Of course he was aware of the fact that he could very likely kill her instantly with one punch, but that would hardly be a victory if you consider the repercussions. If it weren't for his all important pride and reputation, he could easily kill her and be done with this entire ordeal. The idea that this was a weakness holding him back, keeping himself from doing what he really wanted, also occurred to him. Sadly, he was powerless to do anything about it at the moment. So for now, he played her game.

"Cut off the feed from my comm," he spoke quietly, but loud enough for the girl next to him to hear. Then he reached up and physically took the earpiece out to really drive the point home. He looked squarely to her, but kept smiling has he glared at her.

"You know, this is a crazy world we live in. There are events all around the world that cannot easily be explained. I like to call them, irregular events. Why an irregular event occurred right here, today. A mere pick pocket, of all things, has managed to allude my crack team of highly trained security personal," he started out as if he were talking about someone completely different.

"An irregular individual like that, you know... she's quite the interesting one. I'd love to sit down one day and have a nice simple chat with her," and finally, he extended the olive branch. His security team had dispersed into the crowd, but they were still there. As they slowly and carefully closed in on her, it'd be harder and harder for them to stay hidden from her. The net was closing in around her, and he was giving her only one way out. She could reveal herself to just him as an irregular, or he'd be forced to expose her to everyone.

The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 19th 2016, 11:41 pm

As soon as he caught on, she grinned.

You see, Naomi had spent weeks looking into this security detail. The New Path Conglomerate, or so they were called. And one man in particular peaked her interest. He was a whopping seven feet and five inches tall! He had muscles on his muscles, and he wasn't hard to look at, either.

Her main goal was to see if they were really as good as she had read about, and wanted to know if it would be worth her time to test them and then hire them for her comic gigs in the future.

She had known the risks of exposing herself as a meta-human were high, but she also knew how discreet this team could be with their clients.

A soft smirk crossed over her face now as everyone in the room started to slowly fade away. She was infecting the small space around herself and Javian with an illusion field. A light purple mist spread out around of them, casting a looping animation to onlookers of two people having a chat - a man standing near a brown haired girl in a wheel chair, her eyes looking over all the gems.

As soon as the illusion field was set in place, the guards would assume Javian and Naomi were now just having a hushed conversation, discreetly of course. Within the illusion field, however, Naomi would stand from the chair with the same purple hue illuminating her legs for a moment before vanishing. As it vanished, so did her appearance illusion.

Blinking at him with light brown eyes, she extended her hand.

"N. K. Wells. It's a pleasure to meet you Mister Javian." She grinned, her form hovering upward so that she became eye level with him, her feet no longer touching the ground.

As this occurred, the onlookers and guards were still staring at Javian and Sarah James having a pleasant conversation in front of the jewelry display.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Lost in Thought (N.K. Wells) - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost September 20th 2016, 12:13 am

Naturally, the illusion and the reveal of her powers still came as a shock, despite his suspicions. Though, those suspicions made it that much easier to accept the reality of it all.

"The pleasure is all mine Miss Wells. Please, call me Jon or Jay if you prefer," he replied without missing a beat as he reached out to shake her hand. His grip was firm, but not painful, and his gaze was focused at eye level. It was almost as if he could pierce right through her shades. His security team wouldn't move in unless Javian gave the signal, or otherwise noticed an obvious threat. As long as they appeared to simply be chatting, they would be left undisturbed.

Taking a moment to look around at the private space she had created for them, he couldn't help but be impressed.

"This is quite the talent you have here," he complimented. He knew there was more than meets the eye with her. He didn't realize how right he was until just now. She certainly had his attention. The question still remained, what did she want with it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To those who go the way, he who has strayed shall be known as The Lost.

To he who has strayed, he has simply forged a New Path.

It is time to take The Next Step
The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : Banned
Job : Mastermind.
Humor : Twisted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 20th 2016, 12:24 am

Sinking back down into her chair, she stayed as N. K. Wells. The illusion field lifted, no one being able to notice anything too different.

She had her hat on, her shades on. She was wearing mostly gray and black, making her transformation from Sarah James back to normal Naomi way less climatic than it would have been had she had red hair and bright clothes on.

"I wouldn't suppose you have a better place to talk, do you? Because if not, the roof is always nice." she said, moving her hand to gently touch the sensor on the arm rest of her chair. It then propelled her forward, moving gracefully through people to lead Javian after her.

"Keep up, will you." she said, making her way to the elevator that would get them just one floor shy of the roof - the rest of the trek was by stairs. The wing they were in was under construction, a few exhibits still being set up. It made talking a lot easier if he refused to go to the roof where she would be in the most control of the situation.

Once she was in front of the door, she would turn her head to look up to Javian.

"Tell your guard dogs to sit aside for now. I need this to be as discreet as possible. I'm sure you have a lot of questions, and I have a lot of answers." Another smile crossed her face as she slipped out of the chair and stood up, her knees the tiniest bit shaky before she gained her balance and move her hand to the door knob.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost September 20th 2016, 12:39 am

"I could arrange a space for us, but if you prefer the roof then will work," he replied as he followed suit. He nodded to her request to have his men stand down. He raised up a fist just above shoulder level and then waved it aside and behind him casually.

He watched her carefully. He had seen her walk before, and he wondered why she'd choose a wheel chair for her disguise. The fact that she wobbled helped clue him in. He concluded that she actually did need the wheel chair, and her powers only temporarily remedied this situation. However, he was more interested in how she made everyone disappear and create that space. His men didn't seem surprised when they returned to normal space. Yes, it could have been illusion, but it also could have been space or reality manipulation. Maybe, something else. Furthermore, with powers like that, why did they need to go to the roof? Wasn't that the perfect place to talk? It wouldn't have been, if holding that kind of space was taxing on her.

He knew she was special, but he wanted to know how and to what extent. He quietly contemplated these thoughts while silently observing her and listening to what she had to say.

"Do I look like the type to pry?" he was, and probably did.

"Though, if you'd like to talk, I'm happy to listen," he'd go on to add as he followed her. To the roof, or whatever space lay beyond the door she had led him to.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 20th 2016, 12:48 am

As they walked up the stairs to the roof, she was already focusing her energies into creating a lush space for them to talk in style.

As soon as she opened the door to the roof, which would normally look bland and boring, it was filled with lush greenery and birds and flowers. A small trail of stones lead to two chairs surrounding a table. On the table was a tea kettle and two cups as well as a two containers with cream and sugar respectfully.

She hopped from stone to stone, her body gliding gently as if she was not bound by gravity in this space.

This space was completely hidden from people at this point. If anyone else tried to walk onto the roof, they would come to the boring, normal roof. And to anyone looking from a higher vantage point? Still a boring roof. Naomi and Javian were not even visible.

They were seemingly gone into a whole different reality.

Sitting down in her chair - well, floating down into her chair, she poured two cups of tea and started to add cream and sugar to her own cup.

"I'd like to hire your security detail to protect my identity and transactions. I would also like to form a... well. A partnership of sorts." She was oddly intimidating to most people, despite how adorably small she was. She sipped the tea happily, the steam rising from the cup warming her nose.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost September 20th 2016, 1:34 am

"Security and discretion are what we do best," Javian replied as he followed into the roof garden.

"But, then again... you already know that, don't you?" This place was never mentioned in the floor plan, so he was fairly certain it was all a result of her space changing powers. It would be interesting to see how long she could keep this up. So he took his time as he followed her, literally stopping to smell the roses.

"A unique individual like yourself would certainly be worth protecting," he went on to show how positively he was receiving what she was putting down. Finally, he joined her at the table and took a seat.

"Now this partnership, you speak of. I also believe that we could beneficent greatly from mutual cooperation. What exactly did you have in mind?" the real discussion could finally begin.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 20th 2016, 1:46 am

With her pinky out, and her nose up, she took another sip from her cup and then set it down on her little tea plate.

"We need something to eat... what are you feeling? Maybe some of those tiny turkey and cucumber sandwich triangles. Mmn. That sounds good." as she said that, she waved her hand a few times, and as she did, the purple mist that Javian had likely witnessed earlier appeared and then it formed into the shape of a plate with rough triangles on it. The triangles then became the sandwiches. And the purple mist disappeared.

She picked one of the sandwiches up and took a bite. A small bit of the dressing got on the corner of her lips. She lifted a napkin and wiped at the edge of her mouth and then laid the napkin back across her lap.

"You see. I like to attend my comic events, but I don't like to be there as myself. At least, not all the time. I've only been to three where I was myself, and this is the third one. The only reason I did it was to draw your attention to me. I wanted it - craved it. Desired it." As she said the words, she crawled up onto the table, pushing the contents out of the way. They all floated into the air and sat there, waiting to be put back where they were.

Now on her hands and knees, she looked at Javian, her light brown irises staring into his own.

"I have things I like to do, and people I like to have control of. I do this thing where I obsess over people from time to time, and I'd like to be able to do that with a comfortable cushion to fall back on if anything were to ever go awry. Do you understand?" She floated back up and off of the table and into her chair. The contents that filled the table previously returned to their proper positions.

"So, what do you think? Up for the task?" she asked, finishing her sandwich triangle to only replace it with another one.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost September 20th 2016, 2:10 am

"Certainly does. Don't mind if I do," he was interested to see if the food she created would actually sustain him. Though, only time would tell really. He ate at a causal pace as she went on. Even as he did, he kept his eyes mainly focused on her. His hands didn't fumble once though. As he sat, he maintained the usual upright posture that he always maintained.

When she began crawling onto the table he didn't retreat, and remained perfectly composed. When the food returned to the table, he simply picked up another sandwich to take a bite. He thought for a moment. She was starting to sound like more trouble than she was worth. He looked around to her garden, then down to the food she had created. She was powerful. Then he looked back to her. She was also beautiful. He smiled.

"I'd be prepared to offer up The New Path Conglomerate's support. In exchange all I want is to be able to rely on your talents to handle, special situations," she had made it clear what she wanted. It was his turn, now.

"Obviously, I wouldn't call upon you to handle any mundane operation, like guarding an art museum. However, as I mentioned before, this is am irregular world. It'd be great to have someone like you to call upon, to help deal with those irregular situations," he went on to explain. After stating this he very calmly took a sip of tea, before glaring at her.

"And for the record... I'm not opposed to having some fun, myself," he added as he flashed a cruel grin, brimming with confidence. He had learned a lot about her irregular qualities, but she didn't know anything about his. His build was impressive, but you could get that from a gym and lucky genes. Where did all of his poise and confidence come from?

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 20th 2016, 2:44 am

She finished her third sandwich triangle. Having expunged so much of her energy today with running around the museum, stealing wallets, and playing a small game of cat and mouse had done her in. On top of the fact she had barely slept in the last month and a half, and had barely been eating or drinking. She had been focusing on preparing the newest volumes for Sherpa Adventures.

"My talents? Ha haha. As flattering as that is..." she attempted to interject, but he had continued on and made sure to mention she wouldn't be guarding museums. She would be used for bigger tasks. That intrigued her. She wouldn't be out in the world alone anymore, attempting to thwart Tyuki Gold's concerts, or beat up thugs that didn't want to work for her.

She grinned again and clapped her hands. All of the flowers and plants dissolved to nothing, along with the table, and chairs. She stood up as the chair vanished behind her, indicating he stand or he'd be on his arse.

They were now on the rooftop of the museum like they had originally gone to. Floating in the air between them was a contract with finer details pertaining to clauses such as: If Naomi were working on her comics, she could not be disturbed, and a few other silly clauses along those lines.

Of course, there was the mutual agreement. She could not call upon the New Path Conglomerate whenever she wanted to - and would use them for comic signings, and panels at cons.

"Well, then it's settled!" a quill and ink bottle appeared in her hands and she dipped the pen and signed her name, offering it over to Javian.

"Unless you have other plans." She said, a slender brow quirking as she pushed the floating contract toward him.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost September 20th 2016, 3:08 am

Javian remained seated even after the chair disappeared, but he didn't fall to the ground. He was standing in position as if he were sitting. Something that required incredible leg and ab muscles. Something he could do with great ease. He stood up at his own leisure.

Then he'd looked over her contract. It was a bit absurd. She could claim to be working on comics indefinitely and never respond to their call. However, at the same time, she never went into the details of any security plans. He could send a single lab technician with a water gun to guard her if he was really dissatisfied with her.

He realized the contract was more about trust.

"Very well. I think this can work out well for both of us," or it could be absolutely nothing. He accepted the quill, and signed the contract with his mark.

He had atrocious handwriting, and only used two characters, 'TL'. Though they were so exaggerated it would be hard to tell what they were. Jonathan Javian was an assumed name, not his real one. TL was closer to who he really was than signing his full name.

"We won't require any monetary fee from you. Instead, the more useful you prove yourself to be, when we call upon you, more incentive we'll have to protect you and your interests," he was sure to add. Afterwards, he offered his hand to hers for another handshake.

"I look forward to working with you in the future," he said in conclusion.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 20th 2016, 4:17 am

"I'm sure your company will write up your own contract that coincides with mine."

She accepted his hard to read signature of TL, although she had no idea what letters they were meant to be, and rolled the contract up and tucked it into an inside pocket of her jacket.

"So, first order of business - I know you are guarding this museum, but now you need to guard me. I'm going to sign autographs, and I have this irrational fear that someone will come and try to shoot me like they did this girl singer after a show she did. She died. I don't want to die." She hovered back to the door to exit off of the roof top and back down the stairwell to settle down into her wheel chair.

She would hesitate, though, and make sure Javian was following her before she committed to her chair again. Once sitting, she made sure to strap herself in this time. She was going to be in this thing for a few hours, so she had to make sure she was secure. No one was going to push her out of her chair. That happened too many times when she was younger.

Using her left middle finger, she let it glide over the touch pad and she was sent rolling forward, and then backward, and she did a full one-eighty degree turn before rolling off toward the elevator.

"Mister Javian?" she asked, not looking behind her to see if he was there.

--

Down in the main lobby a group of people were surrounding a publicist who was waiting impatiently. They were tapping their foot, staring at their watch, and the clock, and then their tablet clock to confirm how late Miss Wells truly was.

She was precisely forty-five minutes late, and this all could have been avoided had she decided against playing a game of cat and mouse.

Once Naomi rolled into view, the crowd of about two hundred or so cheered in unison as she rolled up to a table lined up with comics and merchandise she was suppose to sign for the fans.

Oh fun...

But in the crowd was one of Naomi's worst fears. A drug-lord of sorts, or one that had been put out of business by Naomi's brute force, was blended into the many faces, a weapon concealed on them. They were waiting for the best chance to shoot Naomi. And they weren't exactly being inconspicuous about their attire, either. A dark hoodie, shrouding their face, and a hunched posture.

Naomi, on the other hand, wasn't too worried about it. She had a security detail now.

Sort of.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost September 20th 2016, 6:04 am

"Contracts are overrated. As long as have an understand, that should suffice," He wouldn't have agreed to hers, if it wasn't good enough for him.

"I assure you, you won't be harmed with us around. I'll be by your side, personally," after all, signing contracts was the easy part. Making sure the client is happy is the real task at hand.

He of course went with her to her chair and beyond. As for her security, the museum already had metal detectors, outdated as they were. Javian's people were watching the crowds for suspicious activity, among all the other conventional measures of security. However, she had said that it was an irrational fear. Which meant the goal of keeping her happy could only be met by taking this a step further.

By any practical standard, she was relatively safe but more than that, they had to convince her this was the case. Words alone would not suffice. He stayed with her himself for one. Close enough that she could feel his presence watching over her. As he did, he maintained his pleasant demeanor, so as to not disturb her meet and greet with the fans. Beyond that, she would not be able to look in any direction without seeing at least one man or woman wearing a black suit and The New Path silver compass as a pin on their lapel. Everything was going smoothly. Of course, that did not mean Javian could relax. His relentlessly restless mind was all too aware of the countless possibilities that could wrong. Behind his pleasant demeanor, his mind was constantly calculating the all of the risk factors. The truth was that each and every single person in that room, and even all of them at once, could have died at any moment. Security? The New Path Conglomerate's chief export? It doesn't exist. Not really. The only thing that was certain was that everyone would eventually die. Javian sold peace of mind, but could he actually deliver?

The ex-drug lord's gun was made out of a some kind of special composite material. Metal detectors were useless. It would shatter after repeated use, but an assassin only needed one good shot. As for appearance, sadly being a creepy slob is not illegal, and honestly who did you expect to show up to a comic exhibit? It wasn't really enough evidence for Javian's men to act. In fact such a thing wouldn't really raise any particular flags. Aside from relying on outdated equipment, Javian and his team were as ready as they could be, but Javian was no god. His team were just mortal men, not divine guardians.

It would all come down to the last second. How would Javian and his team react, after this ex-drug lord made his move?

Of course, Javian knew the answer. It all honesty it was not a very likely scenario, but he still had a contingency plan prepared for it.

Just the same, even the best plans can fall through.

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 21st 2016, 11:59 am

It was reassuring to Naomi to know that she had a personal bodyguard, and so quickly after meeting him. It was weird, actually.

Usually people would cower in fear of her gifts. At least, that's what happened when she was in her costume and throwing her weight around by literally throwing things around. Of course that was only when she was having a little tantrum, or faced with physical confrontation. She was really, really bad at fighting.

She had never been in one in her entire life - and never threw a real punch.

She would glance to Javian out of the corner of her eye every now and then, making sure he really was there. She felt safe with his presence looming over her. Her form was sat, hunched over the lip of the table, her hand wrapped around of a big, soft brushed pen that she signed her name with on issues, shirts, or prints of her work.

"I love you." they would say.

"No, you don't." Naomi would think, but just offer an awkward laugh, choked smile, and sign the item.

She was working quickly, sharing small talk, and refusing pictures. She had replaced the shades over her eyes to help conceal what little identity N. K. Wells had left. Her white A-styled bob of hair continuously fell around of her face, her ears poking out just a bit from the white locks. And even with her ears exposed, she didn't hear the gun.

She didn't hear the man as he pulled the hammer back and held it so precisely behind of the print he held out to her for her to sign.

She didn't even pay attention to what he was saying, although he did speak.

"It took me... a while... but here... I am." He would say, speaking slowly, a wheezing cough separating his words as he stood in front of Naomi.

She had a rhythm going with her signatures, so when this man staggered, she looked up to him. Furrowing her brows behind of her glasses, she sat back in her chair and crossed her arms.

"Well, welcome. What am I signing?" she asked, flipping the pen around and leaning back forward, eager to be done with signings.

"Your death certificate." he would say, dropping the print and pointing the gun square at her forehead.

He didn't pull the trigger yet, though, but this just turned to a hostage situation. The crowd of people all ducked down, immediately making themselves smaller to avoid any gun fire. A few people ran, and other people got out their phones to record the situation.

Focusing quickly, Naomi realized who this was, and what they wanted. They wanted her dead - and she didn't blame them for that. She took away the power they had in Staten Island. It made sense that they would find her eventually. She had met them out of costume, after all. Any person obsessed enough could figure out N. K. Wells was the pint-sized terror that tore apart gangs if they refused to work for her.

As the gun pressed against her forehead, parting her bangs, she squinted her eyes behind her glasses. A very minimal string of her energy crawled up the gun, his arm, around his clavicle, and up to his mouth. Every time he tried to speak or say her name, he would cough or choke on the words.

"Look.. let's just... calm down." She would say, swallowing.

"I mean, I'm already crippled," the crowd was silent, despite her cruel joke on herself. They were so quiet, a pin could drop and it would be the loudest thing in the room.

It was time for the New Path Conglomerate to prove their worth.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lost September 21st 2016, 12:28 pm

As soon as he saw the gun he tried to react, but he was too slow. Even with his irregularly strong muscles moving his body, he couldn't possibly intervene. Not when all that man had to do was cover such a short distance. When it was too late, he froze. He couldn't do anything that would carelessly set off the gun holder.

All of his contingency plans were worthless. There's no way he could have predicted the gun or seen through the print. Not with out tackling every fan that approached the table to get their merchandise signed. Maybe he should have done that, hand checked everyone that approached her. It'd be bad for both of their reputations, but she wouldn't have a gun pressed to her forehead.

What he should or could have done didn't matter, though. What mattered was right now, and how they would resolve this situation. He wracked his brain for the answers, but even his best solutions came with great risk and a low survival rate for the talented N.K. Wells. He couldn't loose such a valuable asset. Not after finally getting an irregular to agree to work with him. She held so much promise. She would be the beginning of something new. Nothing at all like the old team. Things wouldn't end like they did last time.

He simply would not allow it, but what could he do? The only thing he could. He smiled.

"Nice. Taking a hostage is so much smarter than just killing her. If you had killed her, we'd have just taken you down. Then it'd be a long wait until the chair, but with such a valuable hostage you have so many options," First he sided himself with the man with the gun, as he slowly put his hands up in a sign of surrender. Next, he'd have to distance himself from Wells.

"Listen, man... they don't pay me enough to dive in front of bullets for some comic book artist. How about I arrange a car for you and your hostage, and you can take this... wherever you want... Just away from me. What do you say?" If the man killed her here, he had to have known that they'd take him down. Then it'd be off to prison for a slow wait till the chair. That's all if he didn't get killed in a shoot out with the cops. He was cornered.

But just like when Javian had cornered Wells, he offered them a way out. It would be stupid not to take it, but this was still a gamble. Javian was betting on this man taking the smart option, but he was clearly stupid enough to get himself into this situation.

It could all end so terribly, so fast. Javian had to think of other contingencies. If things looked bad, he'd have to pull the gun towards himself and dive in front of the bullet. All before the man could move his index finger. Not something he was confident he could do, even with his irregular muscles.

He could distract him or try to surprise him with one of his guards, but then that might just make him pull the trigger out of fear. No, this situation was hopeless. Instead of letting it continue, it'd be better to change the situation. Even if it was just the location.

Thankfully, he and his security team already had procedures and protocols prepared for hostage situations. This was the get a car contingency plan, and his team were already moving behind the scenes. The question was, what would this desperate man's decision be?

The Lost
The Lost
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 24th 2016, 7:03 pm

Being held hostage was one thing, but to be offered up as a hostage by the person you literally just hired is ridiculous.

Naomi was filled with feelings of betrayal when Javian started to offer her up as a hostage rather than jumping in front of the gun and taking the damn bullet!

As she sat there, the man in front of her would wheeze and pull his hood back.

A few gasps escaped the people that could actually see his face.

"SHUT UP!" all the energy he could muster was expunged when he let his lungs fill with a big deep breath in and then he yelled in annoyance for those gawking at him to keep their annoying gaze off of his face.

That was right. Naomi had pushed this guy into a puddle of acid that had spilled over during a skirmish with one of the gangs...

Serves him right for trying to hurt her in the first place. But, as it was often times said aloud, Karma is a bitch, and she was here right now to enact revenge for this imbecile with a gun.

Naomi slowly moves her hands back, her pen sliding up her sleeve as she devised her own plan - especially since Javian was so easily going to offer her up.

She felt the gun press against her forehead, then glide over to her temple as the man moved to walk around of the side of the table to get behind of Naomi's wheelchair. He would push her with one hand, the other pressing the gun into the base of her head, the barrel pushing into her vertebra.

"Well. Someone, make sure you include this in my life story." she said, keeping the atmosphere as light as possible. She may be a bit devilish and evil in some cases, but she had to keep up appearances to her fans.

The man wheeled her out to a car that was waiting, just as Javian had said.

But now what? She couldn't just get into the car without her wheel chair!

"Get in the... car!" the man wheezed, pushing Naomi's chair up until her shins hit the edge lip of the doorway. She let out a grunt and sighed.

"I'm a paraplegic. Idiot." She said, the man grunting as well and then, a split second, he moved the gun from her neck to just push her into the car.

She took this split second to rip her hand up and backward, shoving her pen into his eye. But, it would be her mistake most of all.

The gun would go off, and a bullet would go right through her arm. Her dominant arm.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top