The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Starlight meets Sunbright I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Starlight meets Sunbright I_vote_lcapStarlight meets Sunbright I_voting_barStarlight meets Sunbright I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
Starlight meets Sunbright I_vote_lcapStarlight meets Sunbright I_voting_barStarlight meets Sunbright I_vote_rcap 
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Vorik
Cobalt
Zonkes

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Starlight meets Sunbright

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starlight meets Sunbright Empty Starlight meets Sunbright

Post by Chellizard June 4th 2016, 2:23 am

Standing atop a building, Uzma overlooked the ruins of what her fiance did to this gorgeous city. She felt tears well up in her eyes, but she fought them off. There would be no crying today. No.

She had actually gotten word that Michael was fine - just training. It was a weird thing - this long distance relationship. It felt appropriate, though.

Swallowing, the Aegis of Earth descended in two very literal ways. She floated down from the building, vanishing into an alleyway between two unbroken buildings and transformed from her alien form to her normal self.

Beautiful mocha skin replaced the alien stark white. A pair of black shorts, a tank top, crop top jacket, and a pair of yellow polka dotted wedges made up her new outfit. She had a dash of makeup on - lipstick: red, eye shadow: a warmer cream to make her eyes pop. The already bright green drew heads as she walked down the street. Well, if she made eye contact.

Her business in London was simply to see if she could bump into Michael - rumor was he was here. But, she had her hopes up many times. Holding her own hand, she let her fingers dance and play with the gorgeous engagement ring on her finger. She wanted to be mad at him, she did. But part of her knew that struggle was the worst time to leave someone behind.

She knew he could be better - she had witnessed it herself. So, she just had to keep holding on to the good parts and make it through the bad.

Sighing to herself, she wiped away a tear that had escaped and rolled down her cheek. She would be fine. She was a strong, independent woman that didn't need a man - at least not all the time. She had made it without him, but didn't want to. It was weird. She hated being alone, but was okay with it at the same time.

Letting out a huff, she turned another corner, running straight into a purse thief. His shoulder completely wrecked her's, sending her onto her ass.

"HEY! You asshole!" Letting out a sharp remark she got back to her feet and turned, running after him. As she followed, she realized it wasn't a purse snatcher. It was an actual thief with a sack of jewels. And a gun.

Gunfire erupted and Uzma reacted as fast as she could.

A wall of iridescent star energy erected itself in front of the man with the gun and the innocent pedestrians in front of her.

The bullets were absorbed and turned to pure energy upon contact, confusing the man entirely.

Tonight was beginning to get interesting. Too bad she had to do this without a mask - hell, it wasn't like anyone would recognize her anyway.

Within the blink of an eye, and a flash of bright light, Uzma had ascended to her Alien form and rose up in the air, hovering menacingly. Black sclera and bright green eyes stared down at the thief. He hesitated, and then started to run.

"No you don't." She commanded, another wall of energy erecting to stop him. Another wall, and another completed a large box to cage him in it - but also a woman. He grabbed her and held the gun to her head.

"I'll blow her fucking brains out, you fucking freak! Let me go!" The man shouted, his ski mask all but concealing his identity.

Uzma was in a pinch.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Starlight meets Sunbright JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Starlight meets Sunbright Empty Re: Starlight meets Sunbright

Post by Atlas June 4th 2016, 4:22 am

Damian  glared out the window of the plane, mismatched eyes narrowed into an almost pouting fashion. ”Do I really have to ride in this slow thing? You know I can fly a lot faster than this.” He said with a sigh, stretching out in the seat of the personal plane, almost bored looking even. He was dressed in an unbuttoned flannel shirt, with a white t-shirt underneath and a pair of tan cargo shorts. This contrasted what looked to be a woman sitting across from him, dressed smartly with their hair kept in a respectable style.

“Yes you do. People have been growing…antsy about superhuman crossing borders lately and we cannot afford to draw any unwanted attention our way.” She responded, sipping on what smelled like a mug of hot cocoa. Just the smell alone was enough to peak his interest, causing the male to sit up a little as she offered the mostly full mug. ”We’ve already had a less than favorable incident with Lucius Alba and do not need anymore unwanted press. So try to stay out of the media eye, won’t you?”

Damian smirked, sipping the warm chocolate drink before nodding. ”Fine. Don’t want to end up in one of those weird anti-meta cells anyway.” He admitted, letting his eyes turn towards the window once again to see that the jet itself was beginning to descend. They were close to London, and another job for Atlas it would seem. ”I mean...he isn’t in the city is he?”

”Reports indicate that he is, so you might want to be careful.” She responded as they would land on the personal airstrip. Getting off of the plane was easy enough, the woman stepping down the little ramp first before him as he basked in the murky bleakness that was London. Honestly, he could feel that the sunlight was not that strong here and that only made him hate this place even more than he already did. This was made obvious by the fact that his lips were pulled downwards into a frown. ”I know you’re probably going to wander off, but make sure not to cause a scene.” Damian nodded likely not actually paying attention, scanning the area around before propelling himself into the air and beginning what he enjoyed to do most.

Flight.

If there was one thing that he loved doing, and that was flying. Breaking free from the bonds of gravity, and just soaring through the sky was a feeling that could not be beat, even by knowing that he could probably lift anything. The wind rushed past him, as the ground below blurred, becoming nothing but a grey landscape that stretched out beneath him. That being until he heard what sounded like a gunshot ringing out.

Even with the roar of the wind, his ears could catch something like that. Guns always had this sound to them, something that always grabbed a hold of his attention and would never let go. All at once he would stop in the air, looking around for the source of that sound and eventually coming upon what looked to be the thing that had caused it. A man holding a gun, along with a strange person trying to keep them in check, if they were even a person.

Honestly they looked like they needed  a little help and Atlas was always willing to help. In a dizzying display of speed, he quickly hit the ground, his arm breaking through the construct just enough to grab onto the wrist of the robber and force the gun away as it fired into the air. ”That’s not very nice of you, going around and threatening to shoot people." This person would find that the fingers wrapped around their wrist, despite how lax they looked were like implacable vices, tightening until either a bone broke or they let go of the gun.

”How about you let the lady go before things get ugly?”

Last edited by Atlas on March 15th 2017, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 6th 2016, 4:25 am

As soon as the man made contact with her construct, she felt it open and allow him to pass through it. It was almost as if he absorbed the power, but she didn't feel drained like she did with Tengo Okami.

Curious.

Raising a brow, Uzma waited for a few moments, watching as the man held onto the robbers wrist.

She heart a sickening crack, a cry, and a plead for mercy. The woman that had been previously hurt tried to get away, but Uzma's wall of energy was in the way. Suddenly realizing she hadn't removed them, she apologized audibly and made the constructs vanish.

"JESUS. CHRIST! PLEASE! OW! Let me GO! OH MY GOD!" The man screamed, his knees buckling as he tried to get his wrist away from the mysterious male figure.

Uzma gave him a glance over and offered a look of gratitude.

"I don't suppose they call you Superman, do they?" She asked, taking a few steps forward and then touching her finger to the robbers wrist.

A pure energy streamed from her fingers and wrapped the robbers wrists up, cuffing him until the police arrived. There was also a chain like structure attached from the cuffs to her own wrist, preventing the man from escaping.

"I appreciate the help," Uzma said, feeling like she needed to offer her name, but she chose not to. She really did not have a hero name at this point in her career.

She was a nobody, and she was kind of glad she was.

The people on the sidewalk had only grown in numbers, along with sirens and police arriving to handle the suspect.

Uzma gently spread energy out among the pedestrians, forcing them to step back from the scene, and then formed a tunnel to let the police through.

"Officers, this man threatened to shoot a woman in the head, and as a mere guest of this city, I offer him as a catch for you and your squadron." Uzma quickly replaced the energy cuffs with that of the real cuffs and offered the man to the police.

She then gave a short bow and took off, a cloud of cosmic energy erupting from her feet as she took off.

Man, running into other super people felt odd, but she kind of wanted to talk to that guy...

At least get his name. She just felt so weird meeting people as her alien form. She felt she had to be proper and polite.

It was hard being herself when she had to put on a show as the Aegis of Earth.

Part of her hoped he would follow her.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas June 6th 2016, 3:45 pm

Despite how much the man with the gun tried to get away, they would find that it was impossible to do. Damian easily heard the crack of bone, wincing minutely but not letting go of the man until they could be more permanently contained. Afterall, not like he would let some guy that just pulled guns on people get away. That wouldn’t have been very heroic of him at all, or so that was what he thought as his eyes then focused upon the strange white figure hovering in the air. It was just a hunch on his part, but they looked like the reason behind the strange energy constructs that let his hand pass through easily. Thinking back on that, he did feel this weird sensation when touching the stuff, one that was pleasant.

”Not that I know of but some people probably do.” Damian responded with a slight shrug, waiting until the cuff constructs were around the mans wrists before actually removing his iron grip. The woman voiced their appreciation and he smiled, resting his hands on his hips. ”It was my pleasure. We heroes gotta stick together.” Especially when hostage situations ended up happen, otherwise something told him this would have taken a darker turn than it did.

His overactive imagination thought it up anyway, and that only managed to softly sour his mood, though not visibly. A few people would then begin to gather around, some of them looking at both and them. Likely recognizing the more heroic looking of the two, though one or two did seem to recognize Damian from youtube videos, as low quality as they were. While he had been told any media attention was not always good, part of him enjoyed it nonetheless. Unless it was that one vitriolic Hunter guy that always spouted off their rather obvious hatred for metahumans.

The police would sweep in, take the criminal in and then the person he had briefly helped left. Damian blinked as he let his eyes follow them for a few seconds, and then decided he was curious enough to follow. Some people might have been bold enough to call him a stalker, but then again he didn’t think it was too weird at that moment. So he lifted himself off the ground, some people letting out soft gasps as he followed, not exactly making himself known just yet. This involved a lot of ducking around buildings quickly until he felt he could just go up and talk to them.

He was not very good at actually socializing with people.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 6th 2016, 11:04 pm

Uzma's flight was short, but fast. She moved quickly, making sure to look over her shoulder, ensuring she wasn't being followed by anyone - especially Superman.

Chuckling a bit to herself, she slowly descended, her feet touching a gravel topped roof. She stood there for a few moments, it being one of the taller buildings in the area. No one would be paying attention to anything going on up here, so she made her choice.

To descend.

Her form changed after she stood there for a few moments. It was as if he gasped, her arms shifting out to her sides in a somewhat dramatic fashion. Replacing her stark white skin was a beautiful mocha brown. Her same attire from earlier, and the large, expensive engagement ring on her left hand. The sun actually twinkled off of the jewel.

She sighed audibly and checked her pocket for her phone. Michael always wondered how she was able to keep her clothes on during her transformation, but she didn't like explaining the fact it was because everything in the world is just matter and her body was able to absorb the matter and reassemble it to take the shape of something else - and in this case, her alien form.

Checking her phone she noticed a few missed calls from Elaine Angara, but chose to ignore them. She also saw a bunch of text messages, also choosing to ignore those. The last time she hung out with that woman, bad things happened.

She suddenly felt the lurking presence of someone behind of her. Slowly turning around, she felt her skin crawl, all of her hair standing on end.

"W-... WHAT?" She shouted, surprised.

"What the hell! How long have you been standing there?" She said, furrowing her brows.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas June 8th 2016, 11:51 pm

The female did not really catch onto the fact he was following them, which meant at the very least he was not failing at the whole stealthy thing. That was a small win for Damian, but then again it did feel really creepy when he put some thought into it. Once they landed, he would see what looked like a rather radical transformation from the stark white being that he had seen into a rather normal looking person. Honestly, he was really interested in what he had seen especially considering that they were actually wearing clothes by the end of the transformation.

So that was when he would slink from his little hiding place, sorta hovering downwards and sitting midair, legs crossed as he waited for them to notice him. It only took a moment as they exclaimed something, turning around to see him with a soft smirk. ”Hi.” He said with a small wave, not really daunted by the person surprise about him suddenly appearing behind them. He trained mismatched eyes on them, narrowing eyelids ever so slightly.

”Been..floating here for about a minute or two I guess. Wanted to talk to you, maybe not around so many people but...I guess there were a few better ways to do that.” He said, seemingly to consider that exact thing, stroking his chin with an index finger thoughtfully. ”But that transforming thing you did, now that was really awesome.” He seemed to jump from one subject to another, grinning excitedly now.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 9th 2016, 1:36 am

She almost dropped her phone due to how alarmed she was, her words stuttering as she tried to speak some more. She was embarrassed, afraid, and just completely annoyed all at the same time. Her phone bounced, not once, not twice, not even three times. It bounced six times in her grip as she attempted to swipe it from the air before she finally got fed up and threw an energy bubble around of it. The cosmic star dust formed an iridescent sphere, protecting the cellular device from fall damage.

Holding her hand beneath the bubble, she gently poked it with her other hand and it popped with an actual pop noise, releasing her phone back to her grip. The little show was quite cool, but it was definitely just something she did for fun.

Finally looking to 'Superman,' or, at least what she wanted to call him, her bright green eyes half lidded to mock his expression as she cocked her left hip to the side and lead her weight on her right leg.

"Okay, look. I'm not the best person to make friends with. My life is complicated, and it's cool to find people that have powers. But trust me when I say I have skeletons in my closet and I am not worth your time." She said, her phone going off twenty times during her monologue.

All were from Elaine. Each message was a single letter. They spelled out 'Y O U A R E S T U P I D C A L L M E.'

But, of course Uzma was much too busy explaining she was much too busy to befriend this guy.

"I.. what? You thought it was awesome?" She suddenly felt flattered. It had been a while since some random person took the time out of their day to compliment her, let alone appreciate her alien form.

"Well... Uh. Thanks. But. We need to make some kind of blood pact, cause I don't want this information about me getting out. And, I assume you have... some kind of identity you want to protect, too?" Uzma asked, her eyes glancing down to her phone.

She had been swaying gently in her standing spot, a light breeze moving through to tousle her dreads and semi mohawk styled hair.

Sending a quick text of 'Fuck off! <3 ' to Elaine made her phone go silent. It felt nice to not hear that blasted notification sound.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas June 11th 2016, 2:48 am

The woman was defensive, saying something about not being the type of person he wanted as a friend. Granted, Damian was not exactly one to fully understand what she was saying, though he did surmise that she was  pretty against being friends with him. His ultra sensitive hearing caught the sound of her phone buzzing, vibrating as someone seemed to be messaging them, for one reason or another. ”yeah, I think you’re pretty awesome.” He confirmed with a pronounced nod, enthusiastic almost as he uncrossed his legs and actually stood on the ground. Gravity would claim power over him once again, as he let his eyes settle upon the female.

They then mentioned their identity, something that they wanted to protect and that he could  understand greatly. Not that he ever had to really worry about hiding his identity, but then again some people. ”Not gonna go about cutting myself and rubbing my cuts into anyone elses, though I won’t tell anyone.” He said, grimacing slightly upon thinking about the implications of doing something gross as that. He wasn’t sure if he could get any gross diseases through that, so it was better not to take that chance.

”I have my own identity I guess. Not a lot of people know me around here, but I guess i’m pretty big in New York. I...should probably introduce myself. I have a real name, but you would probably know me better as Atlas.”
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 13th 2016, 1:41 am

Uzma's attention finally fell onto Damien as he insisted that he thought that she was pretty awesome.

"Look, I'm sorry. I really don't think this is a good time in my life," she said, looking around for a way out. She wanted nothing but to add one more person to her list of friends, but part of her told her that this was just no the right time.

At least, a part of her told her this wasn't the right time. The other part of her, the major part of her, wanted nothing more than to spend an evening with this hunky guy and just forget about all the stress in her life and just enjoy one evening. Just one! Take time and enjoy life - spend it sipping a mimosa, or some other fancy shmancy drink.

Sighing softly, she offered a laugh at his comment about cutting himself and rubbing their blood together.

"It was a figure of speech. I didn't mean literally..." she trailed off, her eyes casting downward in embarrassment. She felt a bit of a blush curl over her cheeks, but it was hard to see under her beautiful brown skin.

Finally looking back up to him, she now knew his name as Atlas.

"Atlas... Atlas..." She was thinking, trying to put a name to his face. She finally relied on a quick web search, typing in 'Atlas superhero' and seeing millions of results. Pictures, videos, blogs, pages, and a few of the big name news papers in the world. Boy was she out of the loop.

"Oh wow. So you really have gotten quite popular. Impressive!" She offered, showing her phone to him so he could see just how many hits were pulled up when she searched him.

"I avoid the news cause seeing "Weird White Alien Woman" in the headlines makes me feel weird. But, uh. I guess you can call me... Starlight? Or Stargirl. But I like Starlight better. I've thought of being called Starwoman, but then that just sounds too cliche." Rambling again, Uzma shrugged as she retracted her phone once he was finished looking.

"Well, uhm. What brought you to London?" She finally asked, her nosy side peeking through.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas June 13th 2016, 11:39 pm

The female sounded rather hesitant to even interact with him, something that only really managed to confuse Damian more than anything else. Maybe they had something deep on their mind, or maybe they were just like that. Some people were apparently just not into talking with other people, something that honestly he could just not understand. Granted that just came down to a difference within personality rather than anything else. Their response towards his statement about the whole blood oath thing was more favorable, though  the whole super sight did make the very slight shade of blushing obvious. Why that happened, he had to wonder to himself, but maybe they were just nervous. ”I know….I was being...um..sarcastic.” He said, not sounding sarcastic that time around. Sarcasm was somewhat a new thing to him, so maybe he probably needed to be a bit more obvious with the whole thing.

He thought about something, maybe the bad guys he had dealt with last week, but they weren’t really worth too much thought, so he snapped back to Uzma. They were holding their phone out to him, a large amount of results when looking him up apparent.

His expression grew pretty excited quickly, as his eyes took in a few of these results, none of them negative either. Maybe that stuff was on page two or something like that. ”Wow, I didn’t know I was that popular.” Damian noted, stroking his chin as he considered his sudden popularity, and maybe that explained why he was supposed to be more careful in how he operated in public. While he considered the logistics of being a well known hero, the female would say something about their own heroic name. ”Starlight sounds nicer. Stargirl sounds sorta…..lame.” he said, after thinking over that a few seconds, shrugging as if that was the best description he could come up with.

That was when they asked the question about why he was in London, something that required a little thought. ”Pretty important business. Political types flyin in from the states and apparently I have to protect them since someone wants them dead. Guess i’m one way to deter the whole assassination plots or whatever.”
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 16th 2016, 10:25 pm

Shrugging gently, she brushed off his explanation for his sarcasm. She certainly felt his sarcasm, but it didn't mean she wasn't embarrassed because of it.

London's usually dreary self lit up as the clouds decided to drift apart and open up the sky. Beautiful blue was all Uzma could see as she glanced up. Her bright green eyes seemed to shimmer with a sort of enchanting glimmer. As she tilted her chin back down to focus her attention back to Atlas, she caught her own hues locked to his. She finally noticed that one of his eyes were much more blue than the other. She could see the very definitive heterochromia, a genetic mutation, that is actually somewhat rare.

She found herself just barely letting the word 'wow' pass her lips in a breathy whisper as she blinked to pull her attention back to the conversation.

She had been holding her phone up for him to see, and he was leaning forward and down. Their height difference was only five, maybe even only four inches, but the fact they were standing at a comfortable conversational distance, as deemed by Uzma keeping her arm stretched quite a ways away from her, Damian had to lean down to look at the results from the web search.

She then recoiled the phone and let it find it's way back into her pocket where she felt it vibrate with selfies from Elaine, or other messages she had no desire checking at this moment in time.

His opinion on her moniker made her actually smile.

"Heh. Glad you like Starlight, too. I like it the best anyway." She shrugged as she turned to face to the right, her left side now to his front.

"Important business?" she interjected, but then found herself turning with her eyes wide and jaw slack.

"WHAT?! You can get PAID doing this?" she asked, thinking of how easy it would be to get a job being a body guard for political figures. Maybe she could do that instead of crawling back to her stupid job at that stupid ice cream parlor every time that she and Michael broke up...

Maybe.

"Well, what the fuck. I want to do that." she said, being quite blunt now.

"Where can I sign up?" she laughed as she shifted, her hips swaying to adjust her standing position. It was boring to just stand around like this all the time. Part of her wanted to just sit down where she was, but she didn't want to stay on this roof.

"Do you eat?" she asked, turning the conversation to a whole new chapter.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas July 19th 2016, 8:50 pm

Starlight recoiled with their phone, Damian pulling back a bit as he continued to consider the female. Everything about his manner had a carefree air about it, but that made sense considering just who he was. Her reaction to his explaining the business that drew his attention, well it was amusing more than anything else.  Sure, sounding like some kind of government bodyguard wasn’t exactly his cup of tea, but helping people still worked for him really. ”I guess I do. Don’t really think about the pay really.” Damian responded to the bit about him being paid.

For all he knew, he was getting paid a lot from all the protecting and serving. Part of him wondered when he would get some kind of call wondering where he was, though maybe they did give him enough credit to actually remember when he was needed. There were literally hours before whatever, so he had plenty of time to enjoy talking to a fellow hero.

She asked something about where to sign up, though Damian just assumed that was some kind of joke. He laughed along with her, not really sure how to properly respond to it. He broke out of the whole levitating thing and decided to stand rather than flying around.

”Yeah, I eat.” The question felt a little strange to him, though maybe that was just how people talked around here. ”Don’t really know about any placed to eat around here though. I guess people eat fish and...chip in London. That’s probably just a stereotype but anything sounds good right now honestly.” Sure, he may have not needed to eat, but good tasting food was still something he could enjoy.

”What about you? You like food, right?” okay, so his social awkwardness was showing.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard July 23rd 2016, 9:19 pm

Uzma nodded as he went on about his job. It sounded much more luxurious than the job interviews she had lined up. One of them was going to be in the middle of the ocean on a Yacht. That was the only way she was going to get to meet Mitsuki and a Ms. Fukuyama. Either way, Uzma would very much enjoy a job where she got to use her powers to protect people. And get paid.

Considering the fact she was bound by an intergalactic contract to protect all of the life on Earth, it would pay very well to actually receive an actual stipend as a reward rather than a big fat, meaningless 'Thank you!'

Rolling her eyes to herself as she thought on it, she looked back to Damian and smiled.

"Good! There's gotta be some nice little cafe around here somewhere. Let's get down off of this roof though... So, uh. It's inconvenient for me to transform -just- to fly... bu there's a fire escape?" Uzma made the motion to start walking toward the edge of the roof to find the ladder down to the next level to take another ladder down to the next - rinse, repeat. It was a long way down, but she needed the exercise.

"Unless you want to carry me down?" she asked aloud, her thoughts getting ahead of herself.

She looked back at him, her phone being placed into her pocket as she stood by the fire escape. Uzma really was a lazy individual, after all.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas July 27th 2016, 1:12 am

The idea of just visiting a cafe sounded nice, so  he would let her lead the way to said cafe considering she seemed to know more about the place than he did. ”yeah, lets do that.” He said with a nod, lazily letting his attention scan about, every little detail being taken in. From the cracks within the brick of building, to the insects that occasionally fluttered by without a care within the world. Something about that aspect was something that he could truly relate to, if only because he enjoyed the idea of flying around. Uzma had said something about him carrying her down, something he didn’t really have a problem doing.

”I can do that.” He said, hovering a few inches above the rooftop and picking up Uzma in a bridal style, not really thinking anything of it. The manner of carrying a person just felt easier to him, and having someone attached to his back felt more like something that a monkey would do. Within a few seconds he touched down, slowly letting Uzma down onto the ground with a near infinite amount of care. He would let her orient herself, hands resting upon his hips as he waited for them lead the way to a cafe.

The sounds of the city reached at his ears, people shouting at one another and cars honking their horns. ”So I heard something about us and  a cafe nearbye.” He mentioned, imagining what a cafe would even have in it.
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 22nd 2016, 12:31 am

As he picked her up, she felt his strength. It was effortless. She hadn't been held like this in a long, long time... and it was actually kind of nice. She held onto his neck, but not too tight, as she looked at his face. He was focused, stoic, and made sure to set her down gently. Her feet pressed onto the ground as she slipped her hands from around of him.

She lingered for a moment, and then laughed and pushed her dreads back over her shoulders.

"I'm going to be honest - I'm not really into coffee or tea or anything. I kind of just want a massive burger, a soda, and some fries. Or chips, as these Londoners say." Laughing a bit, Uzma rubbing the back of her neck, a blush of embarrassment crossing over her cheeks.

"But we can go to a cafe if you want. They might server burgers. Who knows?" Shrugging, she stepped out of the alleyway and started walking, but made sure to wait for Damian to catch up.

"Try to blend in and stuff. We don't want people wondering why you can hover or pick up girls effortlessly..." trailing off, she stared at him for a moment but shook her head and continued on.

Was Uzma getting a crush on this guy?

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top