The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Starlight I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Starlight I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Starlight I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Starlight I_vote_lcapStarlight I_voting_barStarlight I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Starlight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Starlight Empty Starlight

Post by Starlight July 11th 2012, 7:26 am

Super Hero/Villain/Renegade/etc Name: Starlight
Title: Star Eyes
Alignment: Hero
Race: (Custom?) Celestial Divine [Alien]
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'4
Weight: 95lbs

Costume Description/Image:
Spoiler:

Personality: Raised all her life as a normal human child, Starlight is more or less your typical quirky, eccentric teenaged girl who enjoys the creative things in life like music and reading. Sometimes she can come off as a bit ditzy but quickly learns how to adapt to new situations. Starlight greatly values friends and family and is always willing to help anybody that needs it. Whenever she sees someone picking on a person or creature weaker than themselves she becomes overwhelmed with anger and will always step in to help them. Otherwise Starlight is almost always happy and optimistic and tries to cheer her friends up during stressful times. With a strong sense of justice and morality Starlight always does what she believes is right regardless of the consequences. Having stars for pupils has given Starlight a very strong love for stars and often uses them as a symbol for herself. She also loves to eat, especially junk food like candy and chips. Thanks to being alien her body works in an odd way that prevents her from gaining weight despite how much she eats. Another hobby of hers is skating, despite being able to fly. She sees it as an easier, and faster, than walking.

History: Long ago there lived a powerful race of humanoid entities that lived within space itself as protectors of the galaxy known as the Celestial Divine. For centuries they had made sure the galaxy's planets, especially Earth, remained unharmed from meteors and very rarely, space invaders. That is until one day a strong and highly advanced synthetic race calling themselves Planet Harvesters suddenly appeared from the verge of the galaxy's boundaries. Seeking to take over the entire solar system and "harvest" the planets within it for resources for their own home planet, the Planet Harvesters spotted Earth as a prime target. A vicious war broke out between the Celestial Divine and the Planet Harvesters in a struggle to save Earth. Due to using highly advanced weaponry unlike they had ever seen the Celestial Divine had unfortunately began taking heavy casualties and actually started losing the battle. As an absolute last resort the Celestial Divine used their combine powers to open a black hole which destroyed a massive amount of the Planet Harvesters and forced them to retreat. Destined to stop the Planet Harvesters from reaching their home world and letting them learn about Earth and its solar system almost every single Celestial Divine gave chase to destroy the remaining enemy forces. Only a very few Celestial Divine remain in the galaxy to watch over it now, waiting for the day their allies return.

Starlight was just an infant baby born at the time and obviously couldn't go with her parents in their chase to stop the Planet Harvesters. Instead they wished to give her a "normal" life on the planet Earth itself, knowing of the superheroes that live there already and knowing that one day she too could help its inhabitants. Starlight's adoptive human parents told her the night they found her she came falling from space as a shooting star and crashed right into the earth perfectly unharmed, glowing with a mystical gold aura. A childless couple on vacation found the baby and decided to take her in as their own, especially entranced by the baby's unnatural star shaped pupils. Of course of all the things that happen back home in the city involving super heroes and villains the couple didn't find it hard at all to believe this baby was very possibly an alien. Years after taking the baby home they soon learned their assumption was correct. As Starlight grew through her childhood her natural abilities as a Celestial Divine began to show, such as incredible physical abilities and the ability to manipulate the energy in her body. Her parents raised her to remain as human as possible in public so that nobody knows of her super powers and attempts to bring her harm.

Once she became a teenager Starlight was all too aware of all her abilities and spent time practicing them herself where nobody could see. Then one day during a walk home from school Starlight noticed a group of thugs mobbing an innocent man alone in an alleyway. Deciding to put her abilities to the test, Starlight easily defeated the thugs and discovered her desire to live her life as a protector of those that need help, a protector of the weak; a super hero. At first her parents were highly against the idea, thinking her to be much too young and wishing for her to stay out of harm's way. As the months went on and crime became an almost daily sight to Starlight she finally decided enough was enough, whether her parents would like it or not she would become a savior to the city's people. After showing her parents she can take care of herself in combat Starlight's parents quickly grew to change their minds and regarded their adopted daughter as a blessing, someone who could help do good in this city. Fully encouraging her to be the best she can be her parents helped her design her costume consisting of a star patterned shirt, skirt, and large star earrings. Adding skates to the costume was Starlight's own design, almost loving rollerskating as much, or maybe even more than flying, due to being able to easily get around the city in public quickly without drawing a massive amount of attention. Since she still has to go to school, Starlight does most of her crime fighting during the evening and generally tries to keep a low profile as she does so. Both to keep herself from becoming overcome with paparazzi and keeping her family safe from harm.

Powers: Using a mix of Attack and Manipulation, Starlight attacks with a variety of attacks that she can use to surprise the enemy. Though very talented with her ranged energy attacks, she also possess greater than average physical capabilities that make her a capable fighter up close when necessary. However Starlight lacks combat training and any martial arts skills, instead attacking somewhat wildly.

[4] Star Power - By manipulating pure energy within her palms Starlight can throw projectiles that look like golden shooting stars that explode on contact. She can use less energy to throw smaller, weaker versions of the projectiles or spend time and energy charging up for a more powerful version. With absolute focus Starlight can shoot the energy through her eyes as beams, though it does less explosive damage and leaves her vision blurred momentarily. She mainly reserves the eye blasts for whenever her arms are restrained.

[2] Cosmic Barrier - With a mix of controlling her body's energy and gravity itself, Starlight can surround her body with a barrier that helps cushion incoming attacks. Using the same barrier she can also launch herself toward an enemy and uses it as a defensive attack to knock them away.

Super Strength - Starlight naturally possess incredible strength despite her tiny frame, able to lift a car with one hand. If she pushes herself to her absolute limit with heavy strain on her body Starlight can lift well up to 20 tons. A focused heavy punch from her is sure to lethal damage to the average human.

[Flight - Whenever Starlight flies a trail of glittering yellow stars follows behind her that quickly fade away. Not an attack or defense, just cosmetic.]

Power Grid:
STR: 4
SPD: 3
END: 3
INT: 2
EP: 6
FS: 2
[Flight]

Power Grid Colors: Navy Blue / Pale Yellow

Special Abilities: As an alien race, Starlight has a couple abilities that sets her apart from humans. Apart from having stars for pupils, she also has the ability to eat anything and everything and never gain weight due to how her body manages energy. She also has a very high resistance to feeling cold, though she isn't exactly immune to it. She can also breathe and fly in space should she ever need to.

Character Description: Starlight is slender but average height for a 16 year old girl and has long blonde hair with blue eyes which have solid white stars for pupils. She usually wears light make up and yellow star earrings with her outfits, which are always designed with star patterns.

Roleplay Sample: It was a regular peaceful day in the city, somewhere up high in the expansive blue sky spotted with fluffy clouds the sun lit up the town with a bright light that reflected off the many sky scraper windows. It didn't feel too hot on this particular day, in fact Starlight thought it was one of the best feeling days of the summer. Her skates glided across the almost unusually empty sidewalk on her way home from school, her eyes distracted on the many stores on the sides of the streets. For some reason she couldn't explain Starlight found all the variety of shops to be absolutely fascinating. Clothes, antiques, flowers, ice cream, there were all kinds of places where one could spend time simply looking around at all the things inside each. Especially ice cream Starlight thought as her eyes flicked onto the Jerry's House of Ice Cream sign just up ahead. With a sudden pang of hunger in her stomach Starlight dashed toward the ice cream shop in a blur of speed. Her throat suddenly felt dry and the air increased with heat as the thought of filling her mouth with freezing cold ice cream temporarily overwhelmed her mind.

"What?!"

Tugging on the metal door handle to the store Starlight found it to be closed, taking a quick glance through the window just to make sure. Sure enough the lights were off and the inside empty. "No way!", she moaned angrily to herself as her hand found the door handle again and, without thinking, gave it a great tug. Without meaning to Starlight ripped the handle straight off the door with a loud scream of tearing metal. "Whoops", taking a quick glance around her to make sure the street was still clear she stuck the piece of metal back where it should belong on the door. Then with a focused stare, her eyes released a beam of solid red hot energy that melted the handle back into place on the door.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME, PLEASE!"

The scream for help caused Starlight's senses to heighten, straining to hear the voice again to locate where it came from. Then it came again, this time a bit more frantic and pleading. Forgetting about her skates Starlight flew like a blur straight into the air, a trail of glittering stars following behind her. From the vantage point of the sky Starlight could see an alleyway in which her ears were sure the scream came from and blasted off towards it with incredible speed. "STOP RIGHT THERE!" she cried out as she took in the scene from the air before landing before the group of thugs before her.

In the center of about seven or eight thugs armed with wooden planks, baseball bats, and other makeshift weapons was a man curled up in a ball who Starlight could tell took quite a beating. A surge of anger shot through her veins as she took in the sight of injustice, clenching her fists and raising them. "Leave him alone now or things are about to get messy!"

Taking in the sight of the teenaged girl trying to threaten them the thugs merely laughed, eying the girl carefully as the group spread away from the man and slowly circled itself around Starlight. She could see the looks of lust in their eyes and the way their tongues kept wetting their lips. Both sickened and enraged Starlight decided enough was enough and readied herself. "Don't say I didn't warn you!"

Before the thugs could react Starlight opened her mouth wide and blew out a great sized cloud of mist onto a large section of the group. Almost immediately their bodies became encased in a tomb of solid ice, causing the remaining thugs to scream out in horror and start backing away. All except for one who screamed out a vulgar insult and attempted to rush Starlight from behind swinging his bat. Her ears caught the sound of the bat swishing through the air and Starlight rose her arm in its direction, the wooden weapon shattering against her arm on contact. "WHAT?!' was all the attacker could get out before Starlight spun around and delivered a powerful slug to the face that sent him flying backward and crashing into a pile of trash sitting against one of the brick walls of the alleyway.

Knowing they didn't stand a chance in hell the last of the thugs dropped their weapons and took off toward the street, screaming all kinds of things about Starlight that usually involved the word "freak". Flying up high into the air Starlight grinned mischievously with one of her hands glowing with a yellow power. Throwing it like a ball towards the ground just ahead of the fleeing thugs the energy quickly took the shape of a shooting star before striking the earth. With a rumbling boom the attack launched a cloud of smoke and debris into the air and knocked the men back several yards where they all slammed against the ground unconscious. Smiling to herself over her impressive display of heroism Starlight landed onto the ground with a soft tap of her feet and went to make sure the thug's victim was ok.

Last edited by Starlight on July 14th 2012, 12:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Starlight
Starlight

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Starlight Empty Re: Starlight

Post by Ace July 12th 2012, 9:38 am

Okay then, you may want to separate your ep's, just do that by going EP1, EP2, ect or like this Ep(StarPower Manip), Ep (Laser Eyes), ect. Also, you have 2 more points to spend on your grid, the flight doesn't count. Also, from what I gather your attacks would be two 2 EP's and one 3 EP. That's not a big problem but it means two of your powers will be effective against normal humans, while the other would be effective against slightly tougher humans. I suggest you get rid of one of your powers and split the EP between the other two. Other than that we're good.
Sorry if i've confused you, my thoughts are quite muddled.
-Ace

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I used to have a signature
Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : no

Number of posts : 380
Job : Your Local
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace July 13th 2012, 5:00 am

Ok, Your heat vision will melt things but will only hurt Normal Humans, Probably for the best
Approved

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace July 13th 2012, 8:41 am

Unapproved for edits

Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Starlight July 14th 2012, 4:33 pm

Fully finished~!
Starlight
Starlight

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace July 14th 2012, 11:12 pm

Approved Again

Ace
Ace
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down