The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Powergrids and Signatures I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
Powergrids and Signatures I_vote_lcapPowergrids and Signatures I_voting_barPowergrids and Signatures I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Powergrids and Signatures I_vote_lcapPowergrids and Signatures I_voting_barPowergrids and Signatures I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Powergrids and Signatures

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Powergrids and Signatures Empty Powergrids and Signatures

Post by Slamfist November 6th 2009, 3:17 pm

A lot of people have been putting their powergrids in their signatures. I see this as a strange thing to do since, yes it does tell you a character's basic stats, but you're left with the loss of a quick and easy way to find a character. If we're already putting the powergrids on our applications, why not just link your signature to your app so we can view the powergrid and look at powers?
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Powergrids and Signatures Empty Re: Powergrids and Signatures

Post by Entropus November 6th 2009, 3:27 pm

It's easier to just view the powergrid in your signature.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
| Entropus, The Virtual Man |
Powergrids and Signatures SignatureentropusPowergrids and Signatures Entropusgrid
"I aspire rather to be a hero, than merely appear as one."
Entropus
Entropus
"From Darkness to Darkness"

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Exotic Pickel November 6th 2009, 3:34 pm

i also think that if your powergrid is right there peole can determin if your posts are morefair than to have to go and look for there grid
Exotic Pickel
Exotic Pickel
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 188
Job : Wtfproductions founder,WTF star,other star of web shows
Humor : Anything funny
Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Slamfist November 6th 2009, 3:39 pm

But you can also click a button. Boom, there you are viewing a powergrid and a nice set of powers.
Slamfist
Slamfist
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 1686
Job : Student
Humor : More inside jokes than should be allowed
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Entropus November 6th 2009, 3:55 pm

Either or is fine.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
| Entropus, The Virtual Man |
Powergrids and Signatures SignatureentropusPowergrids and Signatures Entropusgrid
"I aspire rather to be a hero, than merely appear as one."
Entropus
Entropus
"From Darkness to Darkness"

Number of posts : 1190

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss November 6th 2009, 5:26 pm

Or you can connect the link to your powergrid, that way if people click on your powergrid they go to your profile, the powergrid is kinda small, if its really that big a problem then i suggest resizing it

Powergrids and Signatures Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain November 7th 2009, 3:23 am

It's going to be a rule soon, so...Yeah, put your PowerGrids in the signatures, it makes everything much easier and it looks cooler.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 November 7th 2009, 4:14 am

It doesnt look cooler at all. It makes everything more cluttered and difficult to read. Take Cult as an example. If he has 4 power grids in his sig, thats 4 images I have to ignore EVERY time I pass his post. And 4 Images I have to load when trying to open the page. It increases page load times and lowers my nerve count (its not yet on my last nerve, but it would get there eventually). And I know that you (pain) only have 1 up, but thats no better. I dont need Pain's PG if I'm fighting Raide. Just like you wouldnt need Xy's PG when fighting Meteo. So it defeats the purpopse of ever even adding links IN the sigs.

MAKING the grid a link doesnt help much either (though it's a step in the right direction) because multiple-character profiles will spend most (if not all) of their "character limit" (ie, number of letters in the sig) putting the links and grids in. A Signature is just that: a sign or writing that shows who you are and what you are about. Hard to do when all you see is POWA GRID!! RAWRAWERAWR. Its a serious downer to have access to a sig, but not be able to use it how I want because it's already taken up by crap. I can barely fit my sig in the limit as-is!

...And I'm still not entirely convinced about the grids anyway. I think that seperate points should be spent for different powers. If I train Meteo's fire to get the 7th point, why should his wind powers increase? That makes 0 sense. But hey, this is topic jacking. I'll rant about that over there, in the PowerGrid Demo! thread. Oh thats right, you still havent replied to my post over there >.<

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : &amp;#8593;
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain November 7th 2009, 4:47 am

You are talking from the view of some one with a poor connection most likely, I have no problems with multiple power grids I load them all very quickly and can scroll down the entire page with one button. So I have no problems myself, try using the Page Down or End button if the pictures bother you so much, scroll past them instantly.

It's optional to have the powergrids in the signature, though I do suggest having it there and want to make it a rule, but you two seem so strongly against it. And this is also why I have multiple accounts, to avoid clutter in signatures, or you can simply do as Inferoo suggested and re-size the grids so that they are all smaller and can fit more easily.

And no to separate points for separate powers, that would involve going into detail on every power and ruin the simplicity of the powergrid. You train all of your powers together, they all get stronger together.

Quitchya bitchin, It'd be much easier if you PM'd you questions to me LIKE I asked you to!
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by keil7777777 November 7th 2009, 6:03 am

The page up/down only works when the page has loaded, or loaded enough to scroll at least. And that still doesnt help the fact that the boxes are everywhere. Everywhere! They haunt my dreams, my nightmares, my every living thought! Aaaaugh! Lol...

And the rest of us arent allowed to have multiple accounts, remember? So that's not really a solution either -_-

I'd PM ya, but then my Post count wouldnt increase and other's wouldnt gain knowledge about my ideas Razz Not to mention you'd prolly have ta answer a question multiple times if we couldnt collaborate. AND it's nice to have multiple opinions on a matter. So we're actually saving you time doing it this way xD

But back to the focus. Proposed solutions, the problems they solve *and what they missed*:

1) Smaller boxes - load times, clutter *seeing powers/history, char limit*
2) Multiple accounts - .... *against the rules, lol*
3) Linked Boxes - Seeing powers/history *Char limit, Load times, clutter*
4) Making them optional - Char limit (if they say no), load times (if lots say no), clutter (if lots say no), and seeing powers/history (if people say no or link, which kills char limit again.)

So it looks like #4 is the most promising, although it could still end up having almost ALL of the problems as before. You know what wouldnt have all the problems?
5) Not having them - EVERYTHING! *Oh, right, I leave this spot blank...*

But hey, your call. tongue

Honor guide me,
Stand beside me,
Aid me now as once before.
With faith inside me,
Death’s denied me,
Let me live to kill no more.

~The Gladiator

Profiles:
Xyron Meteo & Chainer
keil7777777
keil7777777
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 414
Job : Regurgitating information for the enjoyment of the Professors.
Humor : &amp;#8593;
Registration date : 2009-02-13

http://xyron7777777.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain November 7th 2009, 7:28 pm

Eh, the account rules don't exist, ignore them, you can have multiple accounts for multiple characters.

It remains optional, if you have problems with a specific persons powergrid, then talk to them about it.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Boss November 7th 2009, 10:21 pm

I think we should have a limit to how many powers a person has, some of of have one or two, while others have like 8, that means if I have like 3 powers at 7 points and someone else has 7 powers at 7 points, he's probably going to win

Powergrids and Signatures Ivanz
Da Boss
Da Boss
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 958
Job : Bandit Drake
Humor : Jeridmcelvain@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Knight November 7th 2009, 11:31 pm

Once again, your powers will not be approved if they are not deemed fair. If it's deemed fair, than that means anyone on the site has a fair chance of beating you.

"Midway in life's journey, I found myself in the dark woods, The right way lost, To tell about those woods is difficult, so tangled and rough, It's savage just thinking of it now...I felt the old fear stirring, from where my shadows were born."

Powergrids and Signatures Blackknight1Powergrids and Signatures Blackknightgrid
The Black Knight
The Black Knight
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top