The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Broken King I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
The Broken King I_vote_lcapThe Broken King I_voting_barThe Broken King I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
The Broken King I_vote_lcapThe Broken King I_voting_barThe Broken King I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Broken King

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Broken King Empty The Broken King

Post by Thorgron April 8th 2015, 12:40 pm

THE BROKEN KING
   "Tamper not with things unknown"

Basic Biography

Title: "The Broken King"
   Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
   Race: (Unknown, potentially human)
   Hair: Black
   Eyes: Dark Brown
   Height: 6'1"
   Weight: 220lbs.
   Blood type: Black Ichor

The Looks

The Broken King is a relatively tall male with intense dark brown eyes. Pale skin with a bluish-green tint covers his well built muscular body. On his head is a jagged dark grey crown highlighted with jet black metal supports that seem to be bolted directly into The King’s Head. On the front of the crown are an alien series of five symbols written in a language unwritten and unspoken across the omniverse. The Crown itself extends downwards across The King’s temples and in front of his ears before expanding into an ornate metallic mouthguard that hugs the lines of The King’s jaw perfectly, restricting all movement. Usually he will be seen shirtless and wearing dark green pants with no shoes.

The Legacy

Personality:
   You can only truly appreciate the gifts of madness after sanity takes them from you.
   History:
   Little is known about The Broken King and he isn’t talking on the subject. However, from various interactions and inferences, a few details on his past have been unearthed as to who he was and how he came to his current predicament. In a previous life or simply in the past, which is unclear, The Broken King was a mad man, possessed of great abilities stemming from his madness. Knowledge unmeasurable was at his finger tips as he was not conformed to the limits that sanity imposes on the regular mind. But this brought to him hubris, and a need for power. Smart at first he waited, silently gaining followers and claiming himself king over his court. Using his vast knowledge he was able to create his own pocket world, taking himself and his court to this other world ruled by him. But even that grew too simple for him. A lust for power knows no bounds. Sure The King could rule in a world built for him to rule but he wished to rule over the creations of others. From this point on, the details become fuzzy. The King sought to rule not only the world but the universe, the entire omniverse. The King then disappeared, supposedly of his own accord, from the omniversal map. Confirmed to be missing from both the Void and Creation The Broken King emerged some time later. He was the same man, but something dark had changed him. All signs of his former madness were gone in him and about his head was fashioned a grizzly prison of a crown, locking his jaw and mouth perpetually shut. What exactly happened in that space beyond space and what he did to deserve his punishment is unknown.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
   Powers

The Depths of Madness: Imagine that you are traveling in a dense wood. Your throat is dry from thirst and its been days since you’ve bathed. Then in the distance, you see a clearing. As you approach, you notice the dark, tranquil pool of water. Cautiously you move to the edge of the water, your face lightly reflected on its mirror-like surface. With a cupped hand you break the water. The liquid is cool and inviting as you bring some to your lips and drink. The refreshing water trickles sweetly down your throat. Still seeing no signs of danger, you plunge your face to the pool and drink freely. When finally your thirst is sated, you eagerly slip out of your clothes and dive in to wash yourself. The dark water splashes over your body and wraps you in itself. When you open your eyes in its depths you realize the extent of its darkness, and just how deep you’ve gone. The light above you is a dim pinpoint and you swim hurriedly for the surface. But as you swim the light never seems to get closer. Panicking you struggle for the surface, pouring all of yourself into the effort. The light seems just out of reach as you push with all of your might against the cold dark depths. And by the time you realize exactly what is going on, it is already too late for you.

Above is an example of the danger of The Broken King’s mind. It can be read by any being with sentient thought. Human, robot, alien, demon whatever, if it can think, it can read his mind. And the things that they hear and find are always intriguing, always knowledge, insight or information that the reader is looking for or seeking (this includes simply reading his thoughts for attempted conversation), but never all of it. All that is provided at a glance is a taste, enough to whet the appetite. Further concentration is needed to gain further information and so on and so forth,  always cliffhanging and teasing the next piece, only offering it when more mental energy has been expended. If it goes far enough the reader’s mind becomes fully wrapped up in the King’s and eventually becomes lost within his own, turning their body into a mindless thrall, stumbling blindly after the King.

This ability is passive and active at all times. Any sentient being within about a mile of The Broken King can sense his mind and will intuitively know how to read it.

The King’s Burden: A back to carry the weight of a nation. Exaggeration yes, but not necessarily inaccurate. The King is superhumanly strong and capable of enduring a hit equal to what he can dish out with lifting limits hovering somewhere around the weight of a large truck. However, if an object does not need to be lifted, simply  caught or supported, The Broken King has yet to display an upper limit. When supporting immense weights in this way, he may not take any action other than to move (slower than normal obviously) or drop/set down the held object
   Weakness(es)

Unspeakable: The Crown that imprisons The Broken King is both physically and magically binding covering his entire mouth and lower jaw, preventing him from making vocalizations of any kind. The Crown itself is utterly indestructible and unremovable. Illusion and even the alteration of reality itself cannot remove The Crown, the communicative restriction on The King, or change The Crown in any way. Alterations to The Broken King which would remove The Crown (such as shrinking him and not The Crown or cutting him out of it), are also impossible. This communication restriction spans to his mind itself. He is unable to direct his thoughts for purposes of communication in any way or detect that his mind is being read. He is also unable to write.

Know Your Place: Engraved at the front of The Broken King’s Crown is a series of outlandish alien symbols not resembling any written language known. However, any being capable of reading The King’s mind (anything sentient, the being doesn't even have to be able to read) will also understand that the symbols implicate The King as a lowly, unworthy fool without equal and is to be treated lower than dirt as far as rights and attitude. In other words, murdering The King would not be considered a crime, forcing him into slave labor for 24 hours a day is perfectly acceptable as would publicly beating him and whatever else. As long has seen the symbols they know that morals associated with human life, even animal life, need not apply to this man. These symbols are impossible to conceal by any means physical, magical, or illusory.

The Pain of Sanity: The Broken King’s mind is a treasure trove of knowledge, holding the answers to the universe and all of life’s great mysteries. Even minuscule information like “Where did I leave my socks” is contained within the twisted confines of his mind. But The Broken King has no access to any of the unlimited knowledge stored within his mind. He knows only the things he learned through experience in his life, but that is nothing compared to the eternity locked in his head. What’s worse, he knows that he used to know, used to be a nearly omniscient being, now reduced to nothingness. (information gained from The Broken King about any PC must have permission from that PC)

Items/Minions
   Mindless husks of individuals lost in The King's mind they carry all physical properties they possessed before their demise.

Weaknesses:
   Thralls are mindless able to do nothing without a direct order from their King. How he issues these orders is unknown but without them a Thrall can only mindlessly follow The Broken King. Commands must be simple and involve no real thought (so limited to a physical action).

Physical Priority
   (You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
   Agility 3
   Endurance 2
   Reaction 1
   Strength 4

Last edited by Chellizard on January 18th 2019, 2:19 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : is it fixed?)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Broken King Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

The Broken King Empty Re: The Broken King

Post by Silus April 8th 2015, 6:14 pm

Okay this is a cool concept but we need to correct just a couple things:

1) You weaknesses sum up to "I can't talk" which ultimately is negated by the fact that you can telepathically communicate with anyone willing to delve into your mind.

The other "weakness" you have about not being able to remove the crown is actually a strength from how it's proposed

The other-other weakness about the markings is not a weakness at all. It's more of a piece of trivia how it was presented.

2) Your second power is both Superhuman durability and superhuman strength which means it requires two valid weaknesses (which you had the right number of weaknesses, but now they just need to be valid weaknesses)

3) Your character essentially has Omniscience. This is a problem because anyone can come to this guy and find anyone else's identity. There MUST BE permission oriented when gaining information about another PC. I know you know the rules but I'd like to see it on the app.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Broken King Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top