The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Demon in the city of stars

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 Empty Re: Demon in the city of stars

Post by Entei October 14th 2014, 3:06 am

"She's pretty, in an exotic kind of way, ya'know?" Entei answered after he was shown the comic cover. He had indeed heard Uzma's earlier comment, but, he had gotten rather skilled at determining what he should have been able to hear, and what he shouldn't have, so he ignored it. As he looked through the pages upon pages of comics in front of him as he listened to Uzma talk, he began to realize exactly how passionate this girl was. It was a passion he lacked, or at least, had never experienced, and it brought a small smile to his lips, which he did his best to hide by turning away. A small blush came to his face as he slowly began to realize something. He was starting to like this girl. Coughing into his hand to try and quickly cover up the blush, he turned to Uzma, giving her his attention, instead of flipping through the comics.

"Hmm. My favorite comic book character you say?" In that moment, Entei realized something he hadn't known. He knew next to nothing about comic books. He couldn't remember the name of a fake hero, from the rather extensive list of real heroes he had run into since his short time adopting his hero moniker. So, there was only one thing to do in this situation. Lie. He didn't want her to think he was weird for not knowing about comic book characters, after all. "Ah, there was this really old hero my adoptive dad use to have the comics for. His name was Entei, and he was a pyrokinetic. He was an orphan like me, which is why I think I connected with him so well." After a short pause, Entei smiled to try and break the awkwardness of what he had just revealed. "But, enough about me. What are your parents likes?"

Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 14th 2014, 4:29 am

She felt a spark grow in her chest. At least, she thought she did. So Starlight was pretty, in an exotic way. That made Uzma slightly more relaxed. She searched her mind for something to say, and after a few moments, she finally said, "She is, huh?"

Turning away from him, she coughed as well, and tugged at her collar. It was really hard to hide that she was blushing, and even more so, a bit embarrassed about this. She was starting to like a stranger. A stranger that practically stalked her, made a huge scene, and then decided to come into the comic shop with her anyway. She had a feeling he wasn't too fond of comics, not as a hobby, at least. She, on the other hand, loved them. And loved them a lot. She loved them so much that she made it one of her main obsessions since she could remember. What sucks about Uzma is that she wasn't physically raised on Earth. She was only raised on the simulation of Earth. A few things were different than what they are now, but so far everything is almost exactly the same.

"Yeah, your favorite," she said as she made her way toward checkout, leading Michael as they continued to talk. She waited for his answer as the register dinged and Uzma purchased the comic book. It was placed in a bag, and she accepted it from the store clerk. She then smiled to Michael as he thought on his answer. She had no idea he was going to lie until he started to talk about the character. She had never heard of an 'Entei' and nor had she even thought of one. She had heard of a fire manipulator named Phoenix at one point, and in the comics, he was a huge douche bag.

She would have to look up the character later, but Michael decided to hit her with a hardball question. In her simulated life, her parents had died when she was young, and she was in and out of foster homes. She had a few good families, and a few bad ones. It was typical, and it taught her to take care of herself and take no shit from anyone. But, she had to tell him something, so she decided to hit him with a sassy comment.

"Dinner and a movie first before you start prying into my life," she nudged into him with her shoulder and headed for the exit.

"Oh, and before we do go out, I'd like to change into something better than this. My work clothes smell like ice cream and little kids." she said, turning to walk backward with a skip to her step. She grinned at Michael as she pushed the door open with her backside, the bell dinging to announce their exit.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Demon in the city of stars - Page 2 JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Entei October 14th 2014, 4:50 am

Entei smirked at the playful nod, slightly showing off his enlarged, fang like canines as he did so. Turning to follow the girl, he shrugged at her suggestion to change. "I think you look fine, and all I can smell is caramel." The last part of what he said was a half truth. While Caramel was indeed the strongest, most recent scent on her, he could certainly see what she meant when she said ice cream and little kids. He figured agreeing with her on that, though, would be rather rude. Holding the door for her after she had finally opened it with her backside, Entei was rather unsurprised to see the crowd from earlier had all but vanished into nothingness. Save for a few stragglers who waited to see what they presumed to be a professional cosplayer exit from the comic book shop. "Are you inviting me to your home, though?" He asked, cockiness beaming on his face. "You sure you trust me already? You just met me, after all." It was then, that one of the few times Entei ever cursed his powers came into play.

"Come on, you don't wanna do this, I'm a single mother!" The voice echoed in Entei's ears, and he let out an involuntary sigh. From the same direction, he heard the wailing of a small child, and the sound of metal dragging along concrete. He felt like he could literally smell the fear coming off of this lady, and his eyes drifted towards the scents and sounds. It would be very obvious that Michael was distracted, somewhat like a dog that heard a car pulling into the driveway. His ears even seemed to 'perk up', and his mouth went agape with what seemed like a zoned out form of concentration. For a millisecond he completely forgot that he was with Uzma, and the muscles in his legs had begun to coil and contract, preparing to sprint off. But, he quickly snapped back to reality, and looked to Uzma with what was his best imitation at a sincere smile he could muster in this situation. Though, it should have been painfully obvious that his eyes hid a hint of concern in them.

"Well, we should get going in that case!" Entei had said in response to whatever Uzma had answered about going to her home. He had been do preoccupied with the voice of the woman, that he had forgotten to listen to it. Grabbing her hand, he gently, but forcefully, pulled the girl with him as he began to walk towards the noise. It was probably bad etiquette to bring a girl you liked to a mugging, but, he hadn't got her number yet, and tracking her down in a city the size of L.A. would be incredibly difficult, not to mention a bit stalkerish. "Come one, I know a shortcut." He said, picking up his pace a bit with a lighthearted laugh. Completely ignoring the fact that he would have to explain all this later. At this moment, he was concerned with helping this woman, as well as keeping from losing contact with Uzma.
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : Entei
Quick Draw

Warnings : Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 15th 2014, 5:17 am

The comment about her smell made her smile. She almost always ended up spilling caramel, whipped cream, and other such dessert toppings on her during work. It was the flaws of rushing the art of ice cream to hungry-for-sugar children. She was sure she smelled more like little kids sneezes than anything, though. However, the compliment was sweet, so she gave him points for that. His next comment, however, might have made him lose a point or two. "My home doesn't equal my bedroom, dude," she said, rolling her eyes dramatically. Uzma couldn't help but laugh, though. This guy sure was cocky. She started to walk down the sidewalk, and coincidentally in the direction of the voice Entei had heard. Uzma was oblivious to the cry for help, and just smiled over to Michael with the newly purchase comic bag hanging on her arm. It swung gently in time with her hips as she walked.

As soon as he grabbed her hand, she almost tore it from his grasp. Yet, the touch was tender. As tender as could be, that is, until he yanked her along with him. He spoke of a short cut, and this confused her. She hadn't even given out her address, so how was he going to know a short cut to her place, huh?

"But I never gave you my address..." trailing off, she heard a scream come from a nearby alleyway, it was almost lost among the horns honking at the redlight to their left, but there was no mistaking a shrill scream like that for squeaky brakes on an old car. Uzma did not want to blow her cover, so she had to live with this decision: she had to not be the Aegis for the day to ensure her own safety from anyone, including this incredibly cute guy that was actually holding her hand.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Entei October 15th 2014, 6:03 am

"Yea I know, crazy right?" Entei said, barely paying attention to what Uzma had been saying. His mind was racing at a million miles an hour, just trying to think of ways to fight without drawing his sword. Somehow, he didn't think 'Oh yea, by the way, I'm a demon whose real father killed his adoptive father just for fun,' was good first date protocol. As he ran, he grit his teeth in what appeared to be grueling agony. He was focusing so hard on the noise, that as it got louder, it was beginning to cause him physical pain. Finally, as he rounded a corner, he unfocused his hearing, and instead focused on the sight in front of him. Down the alleyway, was the woman he had heard earlier, a small stroller was placed protectively behind her, and Entei could hear a small child's cooing from inside of it. Surrounding her were three men, one of which wielded a large machete. In their eyes, Entei could see all the typical signs of a mugging, and possibly worse. Their dead, beady eyes held a primal lust in them, the same one Entei saw when he was slaying demons. "HEY!" he elled at the man, anger burning up in his very chest. With the hand that still held Uzma's, he pulled her behind him, before letting go, and slowly stalking towards the men. If they had been intelligent men, they would have run, they would have been able to see the murderous intent hidden behind the boy's usually calm, peaceful eyes. But, these were not smart men. They were deranged criminals, criminals who had just made a grave mistake.

"Oh, what's this?" The man with the machete, and obviously the leader of the group, spoke out with a slurred voice. From his distance, Entei could easily smell the liquor on his breath, and quite a bit of it. That was fine with Entei though, it would make this even less of a challenge. "It appears we gots ourselves a lil' hero here boys. Let's show him what we do to heroes."

The first man charged, a larger man, who appeared to be a bit on the overweight side, and probably thought a normal sized kid like Entei would give him no problems. Boy was he wrong. If it it was from the pure Adrenaline pumping through his body, or his demonic blood, Entei would never know, but the entire scene seemed to be moving in slow motion. It was like Entei could see the man's movements before he had even made them, and he quickly reacted appropriately. The man threw a wild right hook, which Entei ducked under, spreading out his stance, and wrapping the heel of his foot around the fat man's heel, before quickly grabbing the man's out stretched wrist with his right hand, and placing his palm on the lower side of the man's bicep. With a quick pull down on the wrist, and thrust up on the arm, the snapped the man's elbow, causing him to let out a blood curdling scream of agony. Continuing to pull down on the wrist, Entei hooked his heel in, pulling out the man's foot, weakening his stance, and enabling Michael to easily hip toss the man to the ground, causing him to hit his head, hard. Through the concussion, and the broken elbow, that man would not be moving anytime soon. The speed at which Michael executed that combo would have put master martial artist to shame, and it was over before anyone, besides perhaps Uzma, had realized the man was on the ground.

Walking forward, Michael mustered up all the control of his demon powers he could, which was not a lot considering his blade was still sheathed, and sent a small spark of fire out. But, it was nowhere that anyone could see. No, instead, he sent a ember of fire, directly into the eyeballs of the man holding the Machete. The screams he released, as the fluids of his eyeballs began to boil and evaporate, would have given the most hardened of serial killers nightmares. Using the time, Entei rushed forward, stepping into the man's guard, and delivering a solid punch to the man's juggular, causing all air to cease making the trip from his lungs to his brain, rendering the man unconscious. It was rather kind of Michael, actually, letting him escape that horrifying pain. The third man, realizing he was outmatched, turned tail and ran, and Entei allowed it, instead holding his hands up to the woman he had just rescued.

"Ma'am, my name is Michael Krieger, I'm not going to hurt you." He said in a soft, gentle voice. "Uzma, call the police."
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quick Draw

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 26th 2014, 2:36 pm

With her brows furrowed together, and her feet almost dragging behind of her, she had to make it seem as if she did not like where Michael was taking her. There had to be a protest or else he would realize she was something more than she was. Something else. Or, perhaps he would be blind to her protesting, and even her compliance if she eagerly followed him. She could play it off as if she was up for an adventure, if he questioned her reason for being so eager. And so she would do so. Her pace increased, and so did the cries for help. Her chest filled with the desire to ascend and help the woman so badly, but she had to give Michael a chance. Was he really going to attempt to go hand to hand with someone going after a defenseless woman?

Turning the corner to the mouth of the alleyway, Uzma was side by side with Michael for a short moment. Her hand was still clasped into his until he urged her to got behind of him, and so she did. Her fingers unlaced from his and she focused all of her attention onto what was in front of her, and her surroundings. She turned her eyes onto the woman and the child, her heart beating faster with anticipation. Her fists clenched when the big man with the machete opened his flabby gums to speak. His level of intelligence was obviously subpar, and Uzma started to analyze the situation.

Her big brain was in overdrive, searching through the messy file cabinets to discern the outcome of this fight. Three men versus one. She could always throw up a shield or something to aid Michael. Placing her hands together, she formed a triangle with her pointer finger and thumbs, the rest of her digits curling to bend at the second knuckle. A small ball formed in the center of the triangle, and then it zoomed over to Michael just as the skirmish began.

Expanding the ball behind of the enemy's back, she used it to push him forward into Michael's grip, assisting in throwing him off of his feet. The large man was easily swept to the ground, and she aided yet again in guiding the ball of energy toward the machete man's back, slamming it into the tender spot by his left kidney. This rendered him voiceless, the pain so intense that he lost his breath. The ball of energy then dissipated and her hands fell, just as Entei had done something else to the man, but Uzma was not sure. How had this happened? How? Michael had moved so fast during all of this, and then the guy with the machete had started to scream with immense pain. She was sure she had made his screams silent, but he must have gotten a good breath to cry out.

Scrambling for her phone, she rushed forward, her feet padding on the ground as she did. She stopped near the woman and gave her a soft smile.

"Got it, dialing now," striking 911 was simple, and giving the street name nearest, and then the stores around of them gave the police the right way to get here. Uzma then hung up and offered the woman some soft words of confidence, and then looked to Michael.

"Should we stay or go? Or..." she looked at him a bit worried; she did not want him to get into trouble for beating these guys up, but she also did not want to be caught here as well. Part of her was glad this happened, the other part of her wanted to run and question what exactly had happened. She hesitated her decision to run or stay, and just stared into Michael's eyes.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Entei October 26th 2014, 2:49 pm

"As much as I would like to just leave, and go on our date..." Michael began trailing off slightly as he looked from Uzma back to the scared, crying woman, then back to Uzma. "...We should probably wait for the police, and the paramedics. If this was my sister, or mother, I would want someone to wait with her." Bending over, Michael looked inside the small stroller the woman had been pushing, and looked at the small child within. Somehow, the little bugger had managed to sleep through the whole ordeal. It made Michael laugh softly to himself, as he looked again to the mother, then down to the two men who laid unconscious on the concrete floor of the alleyway. One from pain, the other from lack of oxygen.

'Perhaps I went too hard on them...' He thought to himself. After all, they were just humans, and had absolutely no chance against his heightened sense and reflexes. Then again, they had broken Michael's one cardinal rule: Never hurt women or children. It was the one moral code he still abide by, unless absolutely necessary to break for survival. With a soft sigh he stood back to his full height, and looked to Uzma, a sheepish grin on his face.

"So..you're probably wondering how I did that huh?" He said nervously, his brain running through any possibly, believable lie it could. "Well, you see, I uh..I got into a lot of fights as a kid, and I had to learn to defend myself. I guess I got rather good at it." Yep. Totally believable. Or, it would be, if Entei wasn't such an awful, awful liar. Even the simplest person would have been able to note the stress in his voice, or the blush that quickly spread across his face, obvious signs of shame. But, maybe, just maybe, the young demon would luck out, and the girl would chalk it up to feelings of romance, or shame of having to cancel the date. Hey, even sons of satan got the occasional lucky break, after all. "Sorry we have to cancel the date, though. I've uh...I've been in situations like this before. We're probably going to have to deal with the cops for the remainder of the night. But, it is the right thing to do."

Entei
Quick Draw
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quick Draw

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 26th 2014, 3:09 pm

"You're right, totally right." She realized how silly she sounded and gave a soft smile to Michael. The woman was crying, and sputtering how tankful she was to have Michael and Uzma here. The woman went in to hug Uzma, and she just let it happen. She awkwardly patted the woman's back and chuckled.

"It was just Michael here. He's a tough one, huh?" Uzma glanced to Michael, still curious as to how he had pulled all of his stunts off with such expertise.

Once Michael had a moment to talk to her, just before the police arrived, she listened to his story and slugged him on the shoulder playfully. "All the fights paid off, huh? You saved her life, ya kno... and that's really badass," she said with a wide smile.

Not too much time passed and a patrol car came with one set of backup, as well as an ambulance and paramedics. Uzma walked with the woman to the ambulance and helped her push the stroller.

"I can't thank you enough! I really cannot," the woman said again. The Police officers came straight for Michael, and Uzma tensed up until they offered him a hand shake and a clap on the shoulder.

"That's some mighty fine work ya did there, son. These fellas will be in our custody now. We appreciate you riskin your life to handle these assholes. They deserved it; cornering this poor woman and her child..." A thick mustache was hanging out above this officer's upper lip, and made him look much older than he probably was.

Uzma gave her statement to another officer and made sure the woman was safely in the back of the ambulance with a blanket around of her shoulders. Besides being spooked, the woman was physically okay. Michael and Uzma had gotten there just in time. Maybe she could learn how to do things without being the Aegis... maybe.

As soon as the police pulled off with the two men in custody, and the third man's description, the two were left alone with clapping passerby's watching them. Uzma stood with her eyes up to the sky. It was the evening now, the sun dipping low into the horizon, so of course the clouds were several warm colors with hints of pink and purple. She smiled and sighed happily.

Today had been a great day.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top