The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:36 am by Cobalt

» Trigger
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Dance in the windy City  I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Dance in the windy City  I_vote_lcapDance in the windy City  I_voting_barDance in the windy City  I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Dance in the windy City  I_vote_lcapDance in the windy City  I_voting_barDance in the windy City  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dance in the windy City

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dance in the windy City  Empty Dance in the windy City

Post by Arcana September 21st 2013, 10:36 pm

The city of Chicago was as sprawling as ever, lights decorating the city scape that stretched out under him. A hub city for the sprawling family like the Hale family, and where he had once lived, though that was another life. The Titan looked over the sprawling city, wind whipping his hair about as he seemed content to only watch, overly sized raven flying about around him. The city had certainly earned its name of Windy City, but up this high things were even worst, but that wasn't anything that bothered him. The dark marks flashed across his skin, burning a dark red for a moment, before returning to its dark black color. It had been far too long since Sean had last been within the city, and if anything this was purely a look through.

”They don't call this place the windy city for nothing.” Sean muttered to himself, letting his feet hang over the edge of the large building that he now sat at the top of, The Sears Tower to be more exact. He looked over to the large Raven flying about, not a care in the world, but considering it did not talk or anything, for all Sean knew it had some cares. Thunder rolled in the distance, precursor towards a coming storm. If it would be a heavy one or not, Sean did not known, but something about if felt ominous, but not like it mattered. ”Well I guess that’s enough introspection.” Sean formed a small ramp of nether energy, and placing a foot, he began what could only be described as a slide down an ever expanding slide. If he drew attention, then Sean drew attention, but that wasn't a problem really.

The Titan landed in the nearest cliché dark alleyway that one could find, and wiped away any dust while the raven continued its following him. He could check up on the Hales, but the last time Sean got close to that household, there was something strangely familiar there, no two things. One was an Ethereal energy signature that was somewhat like Ouroboros but a little purer, and then another, one that was such a powerful life energy that he could not believe that The Hale's did not pick up on it. It was enough to kill him, if not blot out The Abyss itself. Sean knew that he would have to destroy that energy, but what carried it he did not know, and it Aaron was harboring it to somehow deal with him or something, then that meant his ex lover was far smarter than he gave credit for. That was if he even knew that Sean was still alive, seeing as how secrets were the flavor of the day.

For a moment, Sean felt a stab of pain shoot through his head, something so immensely painful that he had to force himself to not roar in absolute agony. The Titan would slink back into the darkness of the comfy alleyway and cradle his head in his knees. His markings glowed a bright yellow for a few moments, before the pain and glowing ebbed, and someone grew a little too curious for their own good. Probably some kind of supernatural buff that watched too much x-files or something, and lived in his moms basement. So to him, a short black haired dude in a fluffy hoodie, jeans with the stylish amount of tears, and glowing TATTOOS was something that this asshole was likely waiting for. Capture the guy by using dollar store brand crap strung together with the abandon of a two year old on meth to create some sort of magic nullification device that would likely not work on a retarded fairy, and then make his fortune.

Well, instead of making his fortune, he made a Titan pissed the fuck off, but then again thats what you get for throwing half assed shit in his face. ”What the hell.” He muttered wiping away the whatever it was from his face, letting it splash across the concrete. The fatass seemed a little confused as to why his halfassed something didn't work. 'Hrm, can't be one of the Hales. They aren't as half as stupid as to throw something in someones face. Maybe a hedge mage or something like that?” Sean wondered out loud moving to his feet in a blur of motion, far too fast for him to really follow. ”His silver pools looked into dull brown ones, a little perplexed, and perhaps just trying to assuage the boredom. ”Lourishna, kill him or something, I dunno.” The raven swooped down, a little too fast for him, but Sean could feel that he had a spell that he was preparing. It had a decent amount of power behind it, and would have hurt the raven, if it did not move an iota faster.

A fireball shot out and slammed against the near bye wall, and drawing more attention than Sean wanted. Talons ripped into soft flesh, and blood splashed out across the ground as Sean looked down upon the poor fool. Whatever his reasoning was, he was dead, and now his death would feed The Titan. Any weakness caused by the pain had passed, and that meant that Sean could move. "Alright Lourishna lets go. I hate unwanted police attention.” With that Sean dashed from the scene, with the raven flying away as well. Luckily they were fast enough, as someone came across the body and screamed. It was only soon that attention would be drawn and that was a certain Hale.

”Are you sure you felt something around here Aaron?” Brandon wondered, his wings made easier to conceal by a specially made ring..

”Yeah, I felt a large spike of magic around here and then something else, possibly Nether if I remember that feeling.” Aaron added with the blonde male with the disposition of a child, still clinging to him though this time by hand holding. It made less questions for him than if the guy were holding his pants like a child with abandonment issues. They had no idea how close they were, nor about the dark, short figure looking down over them.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2481
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Dance in the windy City  Empty Re: Dance in the windy City

Post by Zodiac September 22nd 2013, 2:50 am

Niall was still hanging around the Hale manor. He’s been doing his best to spend as much time around Arianna and Aaron as he could. Well, when he wasn’t with Brandon that was. The end result was that whenever he heard even the slightest incantation or a spike in power in the slightest way, he flocked to the scene and tried to soak up everything like a little sponge. Despite his average intellect, Niall was catching on pretty quick, but was it enough to handle trouble when it came his way? It would have to be....especially on a day like today.

There was a strange felling, a lingering darkness around Chicago. The fact that Niall could sense it over the little Blonde-Sean’s Aether energy or whatever it was called was pretty scarry. He popped a couple skittles in his mouth and walked into the room. He noticed that Brandon and the others weren’t there. No wonder he could feel that energy over Blonde-Sean, because he’s not close. This made sense. Sort of. Niall felt a sudden surge of the dark energy. Niall’s eyes widened for a second and then lowered as the zing of the energy, His hair shot up on end and a chilling breeze went down his neck. He looked around, as if he wee expecting the source of energy to walk around the corner. There were only two people Niall knew to give him this feeling. Lych, and Sean...and Lych ain’t around.

”Ari...I’ll be back later...and old friend popped into town...” Niall called out loud. Arianna likely wouldn’t care, but then again once she let the information sit a second she’d be able to sense Sean and realize what Niall was up to. So instead he made himself a beacon of overwhelming Ethereal energy, drowning out the Nether. ”It’d be rude to ignore him.” Niall said as he grabbed a coat off of the rack and he left before Arianna could object. She was used to this by now one would think. No matter how much she liked Niall, he was always one to put himself in harms way. Then again...he was a Hero...sort of.

Niall was careful to make good time, flaring his energy out, as if challenging the authority of the nether in the region. The Rhythmic flaring was only matched by the humming his energy gave off, only the magically inclined would be able to hear it. Niall’s desire was that he would be able to throw off Aaron and Brandon’s investigation, as well as draw in an old friend. He looked to the sky, noting a large back...raven.

”Lou?” He whispered to himself. He took of running, up into he got towards Brandon and Aaron, stopping as he saw them and ducking back into the ally. He would need to find another way. He turned and took off towards the opposite direction. He began flaring his power even more sporadically, he decided that by increasing intensity would likely start pushing the Nether back, and drive him crazy. Well...it would drive Niall crazy, so it might get Sean.

Niall entered a construction zone and began charging up his energies. He was ready to go whenever the Titan was.
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Number of posts : 643
Job : Your salvation through destruction.
Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine
Registration date : 2013-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana September 22nd 2013, 3:14 am

The Titan did not intend on sitting around and letting himself get caught by the blonde wonder twins, so he would be on the move soon enough, though to where he didn't know. After a few minutes of roof glaring, he would slink back into the shadows and continue his rather linear scope of the city. That was of course until he felt a large amount of Ethereal energy make itself known, and perhaps say “looks i'm powerful, and have exotic energy; please flock to me so that you may dissect me.” If this was the only other Ethereal energy user within the world that Sean knew of, okay, there was not another Ethereal wielder he knew of. Sean had a feeling that this was a loosely veiled attempt at luring him out of his shadows, but why the hell would anyone want to do that? Maybe it was Ouro? That was a slight possibility, since Sean was not the only one that liked to roam around from time to time.

If whoever this was wanted to see him so bad, it would be rude of Sean to simply tell him to fuck off and go elsewhere. Aaron Hale and his new flavor could wait, when he had a much more interesting thing to look over, and perhaps destroy. So off he went, a shadow through the night that would go unnoticed while the twins were quickly thrown off course. It wasn't really a long run, since Sean was by far faster than anyone else that he knew, save the wheezing wonder, so there was that. It was after only a minute that he came across what looked like a construction site, where he saw it. Okay, it wasn't Ouroboros, which meant he was stumped as ever.

Okay, he looked like no one that Sean knew, and Sean knew alot of people. The Titan would create a nice little stairway of Nether from his convenient sitting spot and make his presence known. ”Someone sure knows how to make a spectacle of themself” Sean noted stepping from his shadows,a small cloud of Nether issuing from his mouth, out of place in the Ethereal rich air. The Ravenheart would take notice of the Titan revealing himself, and perch upon one of the many large piles of lumber that composed this otherwise dull place. His muscles seemed to spasm for a second, agitated by the purity of the Ethereal energy that seemed to brush past his skin as it was pumped out from the bastard.

”I'm surprised that anyone with half of a working magical sense is not swarming on this spot, but then again thats giving anyone not a Hale a huge amount of credit.” Sean noted seeming to fall into a pointless diatribe, crossing arms buried in his sleeves over his chest, silver pools looking expectantly at the strange male. He sighed, trying to shake off the strange sensation that only seemed to urge the Titan to get closer, to drink int the energy. If need be, it did not matter if the male had any complaints, but for now, Sean could control himself.'Well i'm here, and you did take the time to draw me here. So what's your aim? I'm sure you didn't waste your time drawing me all the way here for a rousing drink, and I didn't come here for your handsome face.”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac September 22nd 2013, 9:39 pm

Niall did it. He got Sean there...and...Lourishna too. Niall's heart sank, as he wondered how his dead avian ally now perched under Sean's command. He needed to make sure that he managed to keep Sean away from the others, even if he had to fight to do it. Sean was so smug, it was slightly amusing. Niall always thought short people had personality issues. But now it was simply a matter of keeping everything in place. He needed a second to try and think about the stuff he was doing. He had to think of how to handle things from here. He crossed his arms and leaned on a beam and tapped a finger against the silvery mask. He knew that knowledge was power, and anonymity was the ally. But oh what a great shock that would be...

"Awe...and here I though we were gonna hit it off." Niall said sarcastically, his voice unrecognizable without it's accent and chorusing out with Ethereal energy. He watched Lourishna for a moment, and then the smaller black haired male. "As far as my aim goes I'm a pretty good shot...Miss occasionally. Anyway, I'm just curious as to why you're here. You got Ouroboros right? Can't you run off and play tag with him or something?" Niall asked.

Niall lazily staggered off from the wall and but his arms behind his back, bouncing off the balms of his feet. He figured that now would be a good time to stop flaring out his energy, less Brandon or Aaron feel it. With a sigh he lowered his energy to just barely overpower the sense of Nether, just enough that none magically inclined could sense without digging deep.

"Sorry for the excessive energy. I just can't have others showing up and ruining this quality time we're having." Niall said, still glaring at Lourishna and then back to Sean. Niall began to wonder what he had gotten himself into.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dance in the windy City  Guilty10
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Killing never takes a villain out of this world...It just replaces them."

Humor : [19:13:20] @ Forceaus : The racking of sperring skirrs means you rack disciprine

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana September 22nd 2013, 10:25 pm

Sean could tell this man was powerful, and the deluge of Ethereal energy pouring from him was more than an indication of just that. The questions that got him was who this was exactly. He had not felt an energy like that on the isles. That meant that this was someone that knew about Ouroboros, and yet they were not one fo the Ethereal beings from that strange place. The mask and Ethereal amplified voice did nothing, except perhaps annoy Sean even more, and that was something that did not go in the favor of the mystery male. 'Why am I here? Its a free country, and I can go where I want.” Sean stated flatly, though with a small amount of dry humor sprinkled across that line. Thoughts of him playing tag with Ouroboros was rather amusing, even though it was not much of a contest when speed was taken into consideration.

The energy would lessen some, but just enough to stop his lazily produced energy from being sensed. It seemed that he was trying to avoid having someone sense his dark energy, but who exactly? The Titan mused over this, as he felt something else nagging at the back of his mind. There was something within a ten block distance that made his skin crawl, and urge him to run away to wherever was farthest from it. Still he had to keep a smug as hell expression on his face, though that facade slipped for a moment when that bastard had mentioned Ouroboros. Did his name get around, or was Sean also sleeping with another guy that went by Ouroboros? Smug comments that hinted at something he had heard aside, Sean felt like this stranger was familiar in a rather vague way.

Sean let his energy raise a bit, slightly smothering the feel of Ethereal, if only to coyly spite the bastard standing across from him. ”So, now that we're done with the pointless pleasantries, who are you?” Sean said with an undertone that said “I will rip your mask off anyway.”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac September 25th 2013, 8:40 pm

”Free country? Well that’s a valid point I guess.” Niall admitted, then again he knew that it wasn’t the main point of argument. Sean decided to be a show off, ultimately proving to be an egotistical asshole. Then again...what else was new? Niall leaned back on the beam, seemingly bored. His blue green eyes peering through the mask. If Sean wanted to make himself known that was HIS choice, Niall wouldn’t stop him...mostly because he couldn’t, but that’s a different story.... not really. The nether energy did nothing but irritate Niall, as it would have any Ethereal being, however, Niall was not as intellectually apt and self-controlled as the other Ethereal beings, which made him stick out like he had a glowing red nose. His annoyance was apparent for only a second though, as he seemed to settle in, or adjust...acclimate, if you will to the feeling that surrounded him. Niall showed his relaxed nature by leaning back onto the wooden post.

”Sean,Sean,Sean...I think we both know better. Do you really think I’m just gonna up and take off my mask? Sorry, but I’ve got standards.” Niall said with a little chuckle. Inside he was thinking The standards were basically developed around you but...we’ll not mention that. Niall yawned, the Ethereal energy wahring like a guitar whammy bar.  

”I thought you’d be excited to hear that...you always seemed the more hands on kinda guy...so if you wanna know, then come find out.” Niall taunted Sean.

Niall’s eyes shifted to Lourishna, which brought a rather perplexing question to Niall. He was interested in how the bird was now alive, and HOW did Sean get his little fingers on the avian creature. If Lourishna was going to use the tactical genius of Sean’s “predecessor” then Niall would need to neutralize the Bird immediately, or else this battle would be over within seconds. However, if Sean had ‘trained’ the bird to do something else it was unlikely that it would be as effective. Still, it was a possibility Niall had to consider. Niall was thankful that he had spent as much time with Lourishna as he had, because the bird’s methods and patters were familiar to him, and as such he had an idea of what he was up against. Sean, however was a monster of a different breed, literally and figuratively. Niall had seen Sean before, and he knew what a nightmare it was to try and best him. But he was bested....

But back then.... he still had Zell...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana September 25th 2013, 9:11 pm

As soon as the dark energy had risen, it seemed to lower itself, as if only making a show of power in a way. If that made Sean a pretentious jackass, then pretentious jack he was, and in spades too. Granted Sean was getting the whole overconfident vibes from this one, perhaps he could put it off as just ignorance, or perhaps his Ethereal energy giving the male some manner of confidence. Sean wondered for a moment of his posture had truly shown a minor amount of annoyance or if it was simply imagination, though either way it was likely to stick in his mind. Insert more seemingly witty dialogue and that was about what came from the other male’s mouth really, and it seemed to remind him of someone, but who.

’So you know my name? Either I must be getting more renown than I realize, you are more well informed, or you know me somehow. Granted I do not know many Ethereal beings, that kinda whittles away at the possibilities.” Sean noted cracking each knuckles individually, kinda like how one would when they were really stiff or something like that. That was however when that strange energy appeared once again, something that sent a jolt of pain through his skull, and caused Sean’s breath to hitch within his throat. Something cold and wet began to trickle from his nose, something like…his blood?

Sean wiped away the dark fluid from his upper lip, nether infused blood now coating his index finger. This pain persisted for a few more moments, but did not pass like it last did, and that made for nothing good.”So you're picking a fight? Well if I thought you were clever in any way, that was dispelled now.” His expression seemed more serious than the jape that was attached with it. ”Forgive me if I’m not gentle, but being rough was always my forte.” Disregarding the pain coursing through his head, Sean was a blur of motion racing towards the Ethereal being, waiting until he was a good three feet away, before forming a blade of Nether and aiming to slice the mask away.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac September 25th 2013, 10:23 pm

He rushed up at speeds Niall found impossible to track. It was as if it were a blur, and suddenly Sean had reappeared with a katana in his hand, aiming to slice at Niall's head, or so he assumed. Treating this as if it were a true attempt on his life, his Ethereal energy responded. Niall summoned up a weapon made of Ethereal energy in each hand. The left hand was a sword, and the right one was a desert eagle. Niall knew he didn't have nearly the reaction time, so he was left to wonder why the hell his powers chose to do THIS of all things. He tried to step back, but he was far to slow. The blade was on it's way up, but then his powers activated again, and this time something new happened. He suddenly vanished. Sean had gone just through him, but Niall was nowhere to be found. The man simply vanished into thin air. Once Sean was up right again, Niall reappeared to Sean's back, and Niall smirked as he whipped around and fired out the Ethereal bullets from the gun.

Niall would have to see if Sean were truly capable of outrunning a speeding ethereal bullet. Fortunately, the nature of the ethereal gun was that reloading wasn't difficult, it just took a second of concentration. Niall unloaded the gun at Sean, at best Niall could hope to have hit him, but even if Niall managed to keep his attention for a second, that would work. With the gun unloaded he laughed a little.

"If being rough is a your forte I'm surprised you managed to snag Ouro." Niall said, mocking the Titan. Niall took no hesitation in pre-thinking out a defense in case that speed tried to come at him again with that much speed. It wasn't even as if he could do much against the Titan at those speeds. Then again it might be exactly what he needed to use against the Titan. Niall recalled the crazy tattoos meaning he had different powers and abilities. Although he wasn't exactly sure what powers he had all not tattooed, and so he just assumed that the heavy energy used to destroy the Imperfect was the energy he had right now.

Niall had a basic understanding, but he had no idea what extents, and nor was he fast enough for this to all click and make sense right away, he had to focus on his thoughts for a few seconds to recall the events. Something he missed being an A.I for.

Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana September 25th 2013, 10:43 pm

Sean knew that he was faster than this whelp, he could see by how he did not seem to react like one that was, and each movement was nowhere as fine as someone like Ouroboros. This meant that Sean was more capable then him, and that meant he had the advantage. That made the strange teleporting move even more surprising, though he was sure he had seen something like that done before. Silver pools darted about as they searched for his now more mobile foe, when he saw what looked like little Ethereal bullets, and he moved before the mind really thought out the move. His movement was graceful in a way, as the Nether blade sliced through each of the bullets, and ones he did not destroy, the Titan would manage to move out of the way of. In the end, it seemed that even with his skills, bullets would prove minor problems when he did not see them coming.

He would not allow this man to goad him into fighting, and making a mistake that would cost him his life, not when there was so much that he had to lose. With the preliminary assault taken care of, Sean would have to get ready for his next little attack. Running his katana along the ground, Sean made sure to leave a small trace of Nether within the crack, one that was not readily obvious while his energy masked it, though it would serve perfect for a sort of landmine. With that done, Sean would once again rush Niall, though not really to attack him. ”You keep talking like you know him.” Sean noted, ignoring the jape altogether.

”That only makes me want to remove that mask even more.” He would swing with his Nether blade, and with it unleashed a wave of the dark energy.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac September 26th 2013, 12:31 am

Niall smirked from under the mask. He anticipated another strike, and one that quick. Too bad he wasn't able to react in time. The Katana grazed the mask. Despite his slow reaction time, Niall was still able to do SOMETHING in order to move back from his pre-emptive thinking and a little assistance from his own sword and gun. Niall moved back, firing out an Ethereal bullet at Sean, and  the pure Ethereal sword over the mask, pressing the mask against his face. The metallic mask molded around the Ethereal energy, warping slightly, but sealing over the crack all the same. Niall was slowly beginning to freak out. He needed his powers to do something, anything at all. It was better than being stuck like this.

Sean was too close for Niall's comfort. For all Niall knew, this energy he wielded was the energy that corrupted his friend and caused him to forsake everything. Niall couldn't risk letting this guy own him too. This guy only used his blade too. Niall needed something, anything. He needed it desperately too. This was going to end very badly for him otherwise.

"I wanted you to leave innocent people alone too...looks like we're both S.O.L!" Niall said with a little edge in his voice. Niall suddenly felt power whelling up in him, as if a surplus of Ethereal energy flooded around him. He didn't have enough to do anything right now, but soon he would...he just needed to survive.

....With his track record....it didn't look good.

Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana September 26th 2013, 12:50 am

Sean saw that his katana did some damage, but not enough to really change anything, so that meant that he would have to think of something else that would remove the mask, but what would that be. Niall would aim his gun at Sean and fire off once again, forcing Sean to step back as he swatted the bullet away, though this time it only changed course. It partially damaged his cheek, and caused a small amount of blood to flow down, but nothing that would impede him, or leave a permanent mark. ”Ouch.” Sean said roughly under his breath, wiping away some of the blood, as more would seem to flow within its place. Silver eyes bore into the eyeholes of that mask, as if trying to search for something.

He said something about innocents, but it seemed that it was more outloud thought than anything else, and that caught Sean’s interest. ”That’s a lot of power you’re gathering up.” He was slightly interested, if only because if someone had that much energy, that meant that were more of a threat than Sean gave credit for. Sean gathered a large amount of Nether within his palm, until it formed an aura around his fist, one that glowed darkly. ”While playing around with you is fun and all, I have more important matters.” Did he? Sean wasn’t sure but perhaps he could simply destroy his lower half, and remove the mask from his dying body, and with that Sean threw the blast of energy.

”Holy shit…did you feel that Aaron?” Brandon cursed exasperated to himself, all too familiar with that energy.

”I don’t know what I’m feeling honestly, its strange but familiar at the same time.” The little blonde Sean shuddered, his head pounding as a small amount of blood would make its way from his left nostril now his chin. ”Oh my god! Are you okay?” Aaron seemed to ignore whatever that was for a moment, and worried about the spontaneous nose bleed.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac September 26th 2013, 8:19 pm

A lot of power indeed. Niall smiled from under the mask as he felt his entire body grow empowered. For a moment the magical energy of the Ethereal coursed through him, truly able to rival that of the Titan across from him. (Empower: +1 Magic +1 to Ethereal Manipulation). The blast came to hit him, but passed through Niall as Niall turned into a mist and seemed to dissipate into the nearby atmosphere. With little consequence, Niall's Ethereal powers activated in their truest form and his ability to manipulate Ethereal energy awakened from within him. His first task was to conjure up an Ethereal "clone" in which looked like Niall, and due to Niall's Ethereal nature, it was nearly impossible to discern the difference by means of supernatural sensory. The clone manifested behind Sean, and in a second they were literally back to back.

"More important? I think you'll find that I'm more than enough for you." The Ethereal clone said. With a chain reaction the clone began to surge with Ethereal energy and exploded. The beautiful colors of Ethereal shined as if it were a benevolent light, but the dematerialization of the majority of everything near it sent shivers down the spines of on lookers. Niall waited until after this explosion to rematerialize behind a wall, still able to see Sean.

"So you really want to know who I am?" Niall asked, his fingers underneath the chin of his mask. He stepped out around the wall where Sean could now clearly see him. He slowly removed the mask walking a couple feet forward, and with a flick of his wrist he sent the mask flying off like a Frisbee, revealing his face to Sean a small smirk on it.

"Well...you know now."

He walked up next by the kid with the nose bleed, his Ethereal energy completely drowned out by the warring energies. He didn't mind, because unlike a certain someone he didn't get territorial. Although his amusement was continued as he felt the strong opposing energy coming from the little blonde kid. The random nosebleed was also rather interesting to see too. Especially the way the one seemed to coddle to the child. His heart sank as he saw the innocent young man react, but something inside him was at peace with it.

He was no fool, for he knew exactly who the little blonde child was. Though he knew nothing of HOW this child came into existence. He smiled softly, part of him glad that this child existed, to preserve the part of Sean that he had forsaken. But then something hit him, and his pupils shrunk, to the size of a pencil tip. He suddenly considered the possibility that what this child was feeling, the darker half would also be feeling. Ouroboros also knew Sean enough to know that things that irritated him long did not tend to remain in existence for extended periods of time. Sean was far less....patient and tolerant than Ouroboros.

He hopped up from the bench and took down the hood and waltzed up to them. With Ouro's new energy, his new body and his lack of recollection of his previous encounters with the Hales, Ouroboros simply thought he was being friendly to magical folk. He went over to the smaller guy and pulled out a cloth and wiped the blood off of him.

"Hold still buddy." Ouro said, he gently traced the jawline of the kid, finding the notch on the opposite side of the bleeding nostril and pressing on it. He miled at the kid and looked to the Hales. "To stop a bloody nose like this quickly, you need to go to the jaw, opposite side of the bleeding nostril and press firmly on the notch, normally just under your ear...anyway just press that and it'll work wonders." Ouro said his slightly glowing eyes looking into the kids and smiling warmly.

A sudden pulsation of energy swept over the area as a massive wind, it was equal parts Nether and equal parts Ethereal. Ouroboros' eyes opened for a second to look at the kid. He looked up to the Hales. His Hydra's skin was disguised as an open hoodie jacket without a shirt and torn up jeans, but with his hood down his newly cut and propped up in it's neat and stylish manner, and his arms were covered by the jacket, so there were no real indications as to whom he was.

"You guys alright? You seem distracted." He asked them while still keeping his thumb pressed against the pressure point.
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana September 26th 2013, 8:51 pm

So he did his little Ethereal mist thing again, and that for now allowed him to survive another attack that would have been fatal. The dark markings grew an angry red across his body, as Sean made sure to keep his eyes wide open for wherever that bastard had gone. That was until he heard the voice behind him, and felt the Ethereal energy that was familiar, yet at the same time different, and after these words Sean had only a few seconds to move before the explosion rang out, and his Nether did not have much time to really protect him. Still, the damage was minimal compared to what could have been done, and Sean was happy for that much atleast. ’ouch.” Sean muttered under his breath, seething slightly as the blood seeped through fingers clenched around his upper arm.

The man would ask him if he knew him, and then by removing his mask, made the question itself pointless. It was…Niall? Sean couldn’t have guessed that, considering that the last time that he saw the sniveling whelp, he was nothing more than someone trying to save that pathetic worm of a woman. ”Niall? Well I suppose this makes things much easier.” Nether energy would build around him as his marking glowed a bright red, like that of hot metal fresh from the forge. ’So what now? Are you here to get revenge for something? After all, there has to be a reason that you drew me all the way out here.” The energy made an effective binding around the bleeding area.

’Well whatever your reason is, here I am.” His arm would become engulfed in the dark energy, forming a maelstrom that tore at the ground beneath him, and carved viciously into it, as it tore the fabric of his hoodie around that area into ribbons. With that little strong of dialogue, the blonde Titan could feel the spike of energy, and his own markings would begin to glow lightly, as the stranger had helped him with the spontaneous nosebleed. Aaron would have told him to stop, but he was helping out, so there was no reason to be rude, as long as the guy did nothing that was suspicious or anything like that.

However, once he felt that spike in energy, something compelled the blonde to move more than anything. So that was what he did, jerking from Ouroboros grip and running towards the large beacon of death energy, instead of…not doing that, and he was moving faster than normal. ’Aaron….he’s running…shit.” Brandon noted, the last more of an expletive as he ran after the child full speed, though it seemed not enough to really catch him. The markings on his body glowed even more, and the wonderful energy that radiated from him now radiated a darker edge.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac September 26th 2013, 10:21 pm

"Revenge? I actually hadn't thought of that. Honestly, I just want you out of this goddamn city. But as far as the concept of revenge goes...I suppose I should try shouldn't I? After all...After everything you've taken from me..." Niall said, he was empowered and there was nothing that was going to change it at the moment. Niall was dead set that he was going to end this right here and now. If it killed him...the Titan would fall. "Running? Storms?" Niall asked as if he were expecting something more. Suddenly his left arm began to pulsate, and he smiled, knowing that it was ready. Everything had fallen into place all at once, and it was perfect.

"You took my friend from me...you took Zell from me...and you even took Lourishna from me....I guess what bothers me more than anything is that you had no reason to do it. If you had a valid reason it might not be so bad..." Niall confessed. It was probably a little surprising, but nothing to jarring. In fact the fact he was telling the truth was more jarring than what he said. "But what you did...was just...fucking pointless. Ya turned Zell into Ouro and he's not even happy as Ouro, he's bleeding miserable. You've messed up everything ya know? The best part is that... you know that both of us have died and Ouroboros brought us both back? Even as Ouroboros he clings on to the people he held close as Zell. How long do you think that you're going to keep a hold of him with the way you're doin things with him?" Niall said. He was basically calling Sean out. He doubted an egotistical Titan such as himself would care. It pissed Niall off though. He held up his pistol and smiled.

This is where everything came into play. Niall's ability to use Ethereal energy upon his command at grand power, and holding a weapon made of pure ethereal energy. Mixing his command over the energy and the weapon made of the energy and he created a weapon of mass destruction. Niall pulled the trigger and several rapid machine gun like shots fired out sporadically in a straight line, each beam was rather large in diameter, and each one had the kick of a high superhuman. Niall kept firing out rapid shots, aiming to keep Sean on the defensive, held under suppressive fire if he could. He'd show this Titan that he meant business, and he knew just how to do it. Two more Ethereal clones were conjured and began running at the Titan, each one with their own Ethereal swords. Niall took grand measure to ensure they were encased in an Ethereal barrier before taking off after Sean.

Niall anticipated another strike from the Titan, but it was not easy for someone like him to multitask such thoughts. He focused on the suppressive fire and just decided that he would leave the evasive maneuvers and defensive powers up to his reflexes, something that wasn't exactly the best of ideas. Then again...it was Niall. Great ideas weren't exactly what he was known for, but then again he did have one in mind, he just needed to get the right thing to happen. He watched his clones charge the Titan while he shot out seemingly limitless bullets of Ethereal energy at rapid speeds, and he cursed himself when he realized that he was not shielded like his ethereal clones.

Dang it, I don't have Brandon here to take this stuff on for me! He thought as he just continued on with the fire.

The kid began to take off. Ouro took off after him. The kid was fast, probably something to do with that energy of his. Ouro chuckled as the kid took off. He allocated the random Ethereal energy in his body ad fortified the muscle in his legs, augmenting twitch fibers and reallocating excess energy in his blood stream. His full attention was going to be catching the kid that took off. Ouroboros' highly developed mind and perception knew that the kid was running around 75 miles per hour, likely being able to reach a maximum of a hundred miles an hour if he was allowed to go.
      "You guys are Niall's friends right?" Ouro asked innocently, as if he just so happenly knew Niall. He looked over to Brandon and smiled. "He's trying to keep you guys away, I think he plans on using the crazy arm thing....the one that was shown on television....if you guys get too close you'll die...speaking of...I'm going to grab the kid, stay away from there...I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened." He said simply as he used his augmented speed and took off after the kid, going four hundred miles an hour. He tackled the kid, rolling into a ball and skidding on his back. They were about half way between the Hales and Sean. The little blonde "Sean" was in his grip. He let little Sean up a little as he was still latched onto him.

"Tag, you're it." Ouro said softly to the other blonde kid. He sat up and didn't give the other one a chance to escape. "Hey...I can't make you do anything... but... Ouro stopped. It wasn't like he was talking to His Titan...he was talking to His titan just not the one he was used to. He sighed, obviously uneasy, he was choking, now? What was he nervous? To hell with that he cleared his throat. and pulled the other one into a tight hug. "Be careful...I don't want anything to happen to you." He finally let the kid go and he stood up brushing himself off starting to handle himself with dignity again and not like some form of a damn human.

"Besides...I don't want you to see me get mad like this." He warned playfully as he winked and started walking on in the direction of the others. Despite his acting "cute" with the kid, he was being quite genuine. "Catch you later Naes" Ouro said, drawling the word out to sound like "Ace".
Zodiac
Zodiac
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana September 26th 2013, 10:56 pm

Here came the whole you ruined my life, and destroyed everything you monster speech. Sean had to admit that he was expecting it, but there wasn’t anything within him that could deny it. ”oh Sean you monster.” The Titan would muttered to himself, feeling more dark liquid seem to ooze from his nostrils, accompanied with a minor amount of pain that did not really affect him in the slightest. ”Yes, you have all the answers, and know exactly why I did what I did.” His lips curled into an animalistic snarl, teeth seeming to take on a sharper appearance as the Nether around his arm radiated the killing intent from it. His eyes were on the pistol, and Sean was ready to move before he even pulled the trigger. It was now a large machine gun, and one that would unleash a hail of bullets that would easily tip the Titan to shreds if he missteped once. He had to be careful, not let this bastard overcome him.

It was the sound of gunfire that started the fight, and Sean was moving fast from the get go. His energy seemed to move in perfect synchronization with his body, and any movement that did not allow him to dodge a bullet, a small tendril would lash out and destroy what was close to harming him. In the midst of the high profile dodging, he noticed that two more clones of the bastard were created, and that meant that he had more problems, and ones that Sean did not need when he was already barely keeping up. They both had blades, and he could see the slight glimmer of a barrier, one that he was unsure if he could pierce even if he tried. With these two, he felt like that would only be another strain upon his concentration.

That meant his energy would have to do more work on his part, and more concentration would go into two extensions of his energy, which would lash out at the Niall clones. However, the barrier proved more powerful than Sean anticipated, and even if he had managed to break through it with the two nether tendrils with blade like things at the end, nothing was really done to the clones themselves. Sean pushed forward with all of his speed past the two of them, trying to dodge all of the bullets, but that was impossible now that he thought about it. Something painful and sharp jabbed through his right shoulder, the one where his energy was not coursing through, and he already knew that one of the bullets had made their mark.

The energy around his right arm would seem to coalesce to a point, and then extend outward, with a few precise, if not forced strikes, he aimed to slice through both the gun and the arm holding it. If anything, he was pushing himself more than usual, and the damage to his shoulder, and the blood squirting out of it was likely to stack somehow.
----
The little blonde Sean had thought he was getting away, but that was not true. The Ethereal being made himself faster than him, and ran the boy down, tackling him to the ground with a jarring amount of pain, one that made his headache and covered up the pain that was already there for a moment. He grumbled lightly, perhaps a more controlled response, feeling that the other half was in pain, and it was likely he would die. Ouroboros said something that made him wonder for a moment.  He felt like he knew the stranger, and something made it impossible to be mad at him, and in fact he felt a certain connection with him, and that was more than enough to calm the burning energy within him.

Still the kid wondered if  he speaking to him, or his darker half? He looked at the blonde curiously as he walked away, and that was when the pain truly came into play, as a phantom pain wracked his shoulder, and forced him to curl on the ground in pain, as Aaron and Brandon caught up. Brandon was the one to pick him up, seeing as how Aaron was not the strong type, and he would likely end up dropping the poor guy anyway. Nothing was really making sense anymore.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top