The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Brandon Hale  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Brandon Hale  I_vote_lcapBrandon Hale  I_voting_barBrandon Hale  I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Brandon Hale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brandon Hale  Empty Brandon Hale

Post by Samael Christensen August 18th 2013, 1:52 am

Brandon Arthur Hale
”I can't say I’m a good person, nor can I say that I’m useful. I just do what I can with what I have, what more can I do?”

Brandon Hale  Cute_pics

Basic Biography

Hero Name: Sampson
Title:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: 1/2 Dwarf, 1/4 human, 1/4 Demonic Angel
Hair: Blond
Eyes: Dark Brown
Height: 5'9
Weight: 190 lbs
Blood type: Unidentifiable

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality: Complicated is an adjective not associated very often with the man known as Brandon Hale. From a young age he came off as rather transparent, and he never made any effort to change that. Brandon doesn't find it hard to make friends, and in fact tries to make as many as possible, if he doesn't make more of them that that. While magic is natural to his family, flirting is as natural to him as that. So calling Brandon a play boy would be putting it mildly, considering the person that he is; flirting is second nature.

While his standards are not considered to be the best, he has them, mostly extending to what he would call “jerks”. When not busy flirting, he can be found focusing on more important pursuits, such as music or making useless magical trinkets that are of little to no value. While he has a certain respect for his family, it is no secret that he finds himself sort of an outcast among the Hales, considering how they tend to have little to do with him. However underneath this, Brandon is just a guy who wants to be recognized and finally be able to shine brighter than his brother.

History: Brandon's life started off as an easy one, born the youngest of seven and a twin at that; his fraternal birth mate being Aaron Hale. They shared minor, broad details like the Hale signature blond hair and a strange magical aura, but other than that he was far different than kids his age within the family. From a young age he showed no magical aptitude, unable to cast even the most simple of spells; ones that even children half his age could garner a grasp upon. Even item enchantment was difficult for him, turning what would be a simple ring that would perhaps allow talking to animals, would instead cause a bird to explode. This alone made him the target for teasing, especially from his elder siblings, barring his twin.

They all knew that he wouldn't amount to much, and that meant Brandon would never one day inherit the position of family head. It was Aaron however who held on a shred of hope that his sibling could ever learn the magical arts, and that was when he was taken in by the powerful magical master Elena Marie. Hoping to gain some understanding within these arts, Brandon begged the Crimson Witch to train him along with his twin. The woman at first was hesitant on doing so, considering what she had heard from his family, but decided to do so. So began his training along with Aaron and Sean, as well as a few other magic hopefuls. If half of what he had heard about the woman was true, perhaps she could allow him to tap into a magical potential that he never knew he had.

She ran him through every form of magic that she knew of, and some that had to be learned along the way; but in the end she found nothing that the young Hale could master. That was until she went into the art of creating Golems, something that few Hale's ever seemed to go into; considering its complexity. This was Brandon's niche art, considering how quickly he was capable of creating a golem, something that took the others two weeks, he mastered within two days. In fact he was performing advanced level golem crafting while the others were trying to master the basics. Jealousy grew up, mostly from the younger less experienced apprentices. However, after completing their tutelage under the sorceress, they would live their life as they wanted.

That was when things within his life had gotten...worst. The current head of the Hale household had taken deathly ill, and some of the younger siblings in line had gotten it within their heads that if the eldest were dead, they would be allowed to succeed. This lead to the death of many of the Hale children, until there were only three. Aaron Hale, Brandon Hale and Millia Hale, though the latter seemed to disappear in the midst of the insanity.  With that done, and Brandon still considered unfit to take the role as Hale house leader, that meant that Aaron would be the one to take that right. With his brother now burdened with that, most of his siblings dead, or missing, Brandon found his home rather empty.

His cousins were usually busy doing business across the country, and trying to keep his cousin Ailill from destroying everything with his insatiable curiosity. While everyone else did their usual magic business, Brandon simply went wild with his life. Sleeping around with anyone he wanted to, and perhaps getting himself a bastard in the process, but then again everything was permitted when he was a disgrace to begin with, though he was still his mothers child. Within this wild time her managed to learn how to play a guitar, as well as something else. His body underwent a strange transformation, which increased his physical strength as well as changed his magic aura into something different. While he was unable to perform magic still, he had become an anomaly nonetheless.

So thats the tale of Brandon Hale, for now.

The Powers

Dwarven physiology

• Superhuman Strength: While he is only half blooded, Brandon finds himself endowed with strength no mortal man has ever wielded, and a strength that few metahumans could hope to match. Its full scope is not known, but his current limit tops at 400 tons when he is pushing himself. He has proven his strength in multiple ways, including crushing a diamond barehanded and listing a bus one handed.
  • Superhuman durability: Another trait gained by his half status is an increased durability, which translates to his ability to take punishment, the duration for which he can move without rest, as well as a powerful immunity to most poisons.  In fact he figures that not even a tank shell could leave so much as a bruise on his powerful skin, but that would mostly be speculation on his part.
  • Prolonged life span: While he is part human, Brandon is also not fully a human. His body ages slowly, like most Hale's but this rate is slightly slower than others. While most of his family would age half as slow as the average human, he would find that he ages three times as slowly,this trait coming up when his blood unlocked itself. This allows himself to live longer and healthier than most, which he has no problem with.

Elena Marie's training

• Golem Creation: Brandon's only skill that he learned from the Crimson Witch was the creation of Golems, which he has easily mastered. Brandon can create golems of any variety, even those that would appear humanoid and perhaps even mimic human behavior. However he prefers to make bestial golems, which are much easier.
  • Master of hand to hand combat: One thing that Marie forced upon her students was learning the martial arts, mostly how to use their fists when magic was too much or would do them no good. However, him and Sean were the only ones to be able to actually master these arts, and with his now amazing strength, the Hale is deadly in close range. His fighting style is mostly composed of brutal, concise jabs and powerful grapples.
  • Magically sensitive: Unlike the other apprentices, Brandon's magical awareness was abysmal at best though with his master's help, that was improved to where he could feel radiant sources of magic when they are close, Allowing him to identify when magic is at work, though he rarely listens to these senses.
  • Multilingual: If anything really stuck besides Golem creation and ass kicking, it was the language lessons that he was forced to go through. Brandon can fluidly speak and write English,Gaelic, Japanese, Chinese, Latin, Russian and Fae.

Demonic Angel Physiology

• Black wings: One of the only things that Brandon received from his father manifested only recently. Why they had appeared just now is unknown, but it can be attributed to the exposure to Ethereal energy that somehow caused that part of his physiology to awaken, and wings to sprout. They are large black wings that are capable of lifting him into the sky and sustaining slight for long periods of time, though he cannot readily use them; as he is unsure how to fly with the wings now.

Personal Skills

• Genius level intellect: While he doesn't show it, Brandon is exceptionally intelligent, and can grasp things far quicker than most people. If he were more focused on pursuits of the mental kind and less on the pursuits of the carnal variety, Brandon would be considered one of the more intelligent beings on the planet.
  • Talented guitarist: Brandon is talented when it comes to playing the guitar, and he usually plays it when hes alone to relieve stress.
  • Silver tongue: When he wants to be, Brandon is charming. Given the incentive, he could talk someone in to many things, however that also depends on moral fiber and things related to that.

Grid
Occult: 4
Strength:10
Speed: 4
Durability: 10
Fighting Skills: 4
Flight: 2
Wealth: 4

Last edited by Brandon Hale on January 12th 2014, 9:10 pm; edited 11 times in total
Samael Christensen
Samael Christensen
Administrator
Administrator

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 903
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Brandon Hale  Empty Re: Brandon Hale

Post by Swordsmaster August 18th 2013, 2:39 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Swordsmaster
Swordsmaster
Swordsmaster
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Fairy dust isn't the same as Pixie dust man..."

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 29th 2014, 7:13 pm

Retired

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top