The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_vote_lcapWhat Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_voting_barWhat Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_vote_lcapWhat Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_voting_barWhat Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) Empty What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai)

Post by Thorgron July 10th 2013, 11:33 pm

Scott sat in his OCEAN sanctioned room, inspecting the claws he had fashioned for himself. They were beginning to dull, not enough to harm his performance but he could see the difference. Battle after battle had begun to take its toll on the bladed weapons. It wasn't always like that though. Scott began to think back to a time before OCEAN, before his life had become so busy. Back in those days his view of the world spanned LA and its surrounding areas. Back then he patrolled the streets tirelessly. Day in and day out he'd race across the city, patrolling for any crime he could find. He barely slept then. When he did it was back in a one room dump crammed tight between a complex of apartment buildings. The floors were a mess and wall to wall it was filled with gadgets and projects to work on if he ever got time for them. The time for that never came though. And no matter how much of a difference he thought he was making, it was only one city, one sore on a festering world.

Scott couldn't imagine a life like that anymore. He had been so narrow minded, unable to see the forest through the trees. What would his life be like had he never met Sai that fateful night in Las Vegas? It had been a fluke that he'd even been there that night. Vegas was outside of his patrol range. Not that he couldn't reach it but it was a hassle, mostly because of his lungs. If he had gone there with an inadequate amount of medicine he could die before he got back to LA. Thinking more on it had Sai not been there that night, he would have died alone in the desert. Without her appearance there, that trip to Sin City would have been his last. It had been fate, nothing else could explain it. Much like his failed attempt at suicide he was still destined for something more and he needed Sai to see it.

The more he thought on it he realized he could never fully repay her for what she had done. Sai had taken a Scott, nearly homeless and stretched to his limits from his small world and pulled him onto a global stage. Not only that, but she'd given him a home and a damn good one at that. Here he had access to technology beyond anything he had ever imagined creating and allies to match it. That may have been the single greatest thing he had been given with his home in OCEAN...friends. Never before had he been around people he was so glad to be associated with. All of OCEAN was hopelessly dedicated to one cause. Before OCEAN Scott had been alone and though he would always be alone. But now, now he was surrounded by like minded individuals and people whom he would gladly lay down his life for. Sai had given him a home and for that he was eternally grateful.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) Empty Re: What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai)

Post by Saileyra July 10th 2013, 11:59 pm

There was an issue in the OCEAN community, she was their face, their leader but their co-founder. Their other founder, was never around, he was timid shy and not fit for the part. She hated doing this to Mikona after he saved her life, he would be in her gratitude. Forever he would remain co-founder but the title of Second of Command needed to be handed over. It needed to be filled, she had to admit she was only one person. She had managed everything down to the food and shirts on peoples backs. Not that she was uncapable but two heads were always better than one. She had many wonderful operatives, many capable of operatives were here but there was one who she felt had her back no matter what. Someone who wouldn't back stab her, someone who had their head in the right place when it came to OCEAN. Someone who loved OCEAN as much as she did and maybe more.

Redline. She did not know his identity, she did not know the man behind the mask, but she was sure despite his sins, despite his cancer that she knew that he did not. She knew he would leave a legacy among these people they would hopefully lead. Nervous? Very much so, it wasn't often she asked for help nor gave someone what many would call a 'promotion' but this wasn't a promotion this was a friend asking another for help. In Sin City, the man had rescued her from the copters without his speed she would not be here right now. This man gave his life multiple times to help her and even Black Angel when she had got herself into that skirmish. Every mission, his dedication stood out it was a tough decision between him and Shi. Shi was good at what he did but there was the issue with Void that stood in the way she was not risking their rivalry in a position of leadership and ultimately a pivotal role among the OCEAN operatives and even Sai herself.

Stopping in front of his door, the darkness of the night allowed the humming of the facility to be heard. It's vibrations of the blue star dust powering it, the Oasis making the rooms cool in the night of the hot asain Philippine summers. Sighing, she took a deep breathe, she wasn't good at shit like this. Moving her long hair behind her ear the woman knocked on the door, it may have been her facility but these were peoples living quarters she wasn't just going to barge in like that. "Redline, Can I come in?" She said, her voice simple, as her knock actualized twice. She wanted to talk to him, it couldn't wait, despite how late it is she knew a man with skulls in his closet didn't sleep often..she knew she sure didn't. Then again, she biologically didn't need too..

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) SaiSig_zpsbe04a7d2
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Saileyra
Saileyra
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 450
Registration date : 2013-04-18

Back to top Go down

What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai) Empty Re: What Would You Give? (Closed to Sai)

Post by Thorgron July 11th 2013, 12:15 am

A knock at the door broke Scott from his thoughts, titanium alloy claws still gripped in his hands. It was Sai, speak of the devil. She asked to come in but Scott detected something, nervousness? He didn't need to see her to know that something was up. It wasn't to urgent though, it didn't sound like that kind of nervous. But Scott couldn't call it timidity either, he knew that was something she would never show. Regardless of the circumstance something was up and she had come to him about it. He didn't bother to place his claws back on. Sai was a deeply trusted friend and there would be no need. Besides, if trouble somehow did arise, he'd have them on and ready so fast no threat would have any idea what had hit them. Placing his weapons on one of the counters in his room Scott unlatched the automated door. "Thank you...for knocking...I don't always have...the suit on." Scott stepped out of the way allowing Sai entrance to his quarters. His eyes never left her face, trying to read exactly what was going on. Perhaps someone within OCEAN had been a spy or a traitor? They had run-ins with infiltrators before. It wouldn't be unheard of for another attempt to be made. "Come in Sai...I can tell something...is wrong" He locked the door and listened into the hall to ensure that no one was outside to hear their conversation. If she was this on edge, Scott felt he needed to ensure their privacy. "What's going on?" He said with concern in his voice. He'd be willing and ready to help with whatever it was she needed.

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Saileyra July 11th 2013, 12:26 am

The door was open within seconds, it was like Scott fast, then again that was part of his unnatural speed. Hearing the nano security register his DNA the door slid open as she had gave a slight wave from her raised hand in a knock. It was odd, nervousness, it would be the first time she had ever felt this. Emotions for a XETA coming after their ascension, all born with no emotions, no feelings. They were natural killers at birth, super-soldiers honed to their original programming for fighting. Sai was designed for brute force but her near death experience hit her with emotions and some she had never felt before. Of course, she bereaved through the justification of her mind hushing her almost too quick thoughts.

"It's fine. I would never invade your privacy." She said, her voice simple, but her form complex her arms were crossed her eyes staring at his room as she had approached the long wrap around couch her legs crossing over one another as she had motioned for him to sit next to her. There was no use in standing. It felt too formal standing, he was a good friend and there was no way around it once he had sat she was blunt. "I'm nervous. It is the first time I have felt this. but what I am about to ask you..is very..pivotal important to OCEAN..and to me." She said, her head closing to him, she would wait for him to sit.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Saileyra
Saileyra
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron July 11th 2013, 12:38 am

Sitting was...unusual. Scott's interactions with most people were quick, formal. Nonetheless he sat by Sai as she entered the room. The nervousness on her face only growing more intense. It was even more evident through her words. What ever information she had stored inside her was critical to OCEAN and to Sai. In his heart Scott was committed 100% to the OCEAN cause and to Sai who had virtually saved his life. If she needed something he would provide to the best of his abilities. It was the least he could do. "Spit it out Sai...I know you're nervous...but if what you...have to say...is that pivotal...I need to know immediately...if there's a spy...in our ranks...I won't hesitate" In a second Scott was back at his counter, his claws back on his wrists and sitting again. "Tell me what it...required of me...I owe you my life...there is nothing you...could ask that I...won't execute" He was dead serious, waiting intently for her words so that he could spring into action against whatever it was that threatened OCEAN and threatened Sai.

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Saileyra July 11th 2013, 12:50 am

Yeah she should spit it out shouldn't she? It was like a fucking sour piece of gum without sultry tastes. She crossed her arms as he sat next to her her eyes scanning him. She did not know how to approach it, but with his wisdom, experience it was something the members needed. He was not young, he was older, that much she could tell. How much older? She was not sure, his meta-humane abilities masked true age but it would be never something she would ask. She respected his wishes and his insecurities about his true identity. There were reasons for why people didn't expose themselves to the real world, at first, she didn't get it but now she did. Sometimes the person behind the mask was worse than the one in front of the crowd cheering their name.

Watching him load the claws on, she only snickered, "No No. Nothing like that. Do not worry there hasn't been much trouble of that nature as of late. It is more or less concerning your ranking among us." She said, her form turning as her eyes stared at him intensely serious. This was something that meant a lot to her. Her original co-founder did not fill the shoes as second in command. So she would start from the beggining, "Mikona is OCEAN's co-founder. He saved me from a drop that could have killed me. Together we went on missions to create OCEAN and eventually started leaving for long periods of time. He is not fit for Second in Command, he is always busy, despite him always being co-founder I need someone who can help me out." She said, her fingers rubbing her head as he breathed deep.

"Redline. You are qualified to become the Second in Command of OCEAN. The question is, do you wish to become second in command?" She said, her eye staring at him, "Your dedicated. Your heart is in this as much as mine is. I feel as though your love for OCEAN is strong and you wouldn't betray me..even if it meant your life." She said, her voice firm, "I feel as though I can trust you with my organization to help. That is if your willing."

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Saileyra
Saileyra
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron July 16th 2013, 12:24 am

His ranking? What could that mean? Her nerves or almost frustrated look, was she kicking him out of OCEAN? He had never gone against orders never strayed from her plan how could she be kicking him out? Scott's mind raced trying to fathom why it would come to this. No matter what he would respect her wishes but it was not something he looked forward to. Letting out a sigh, he anticipated the coming news. But it didn't come. Instead she spoke on Mikona, the co-founder. To be honest Scott had never actually met him. He knew his position but was never greeted by Sai's second in command. There of course could be reasons, secret missions, health issues whatever but it did always strike him as odd that he was never around. Sai only confirmed his thoughts. She informed him that Mikona had saved her in the past, probably when she entered this world and that while he would always be the co-founder a new second in command was needed. Wait...a new second in command, a discussion of his ranking, she was going to ask him to take the position. Before she could even say it he could feel himself sweating. He had been in a leadership position before. His memory flashed back to an initiation of new recruits in the Hellhounds.

Alright you little fuckers, you think you've got what it takes to be a Hellhound!? Well do ya'? You think you got the balls!" In front of Scott were a group of 5 new recruits. Each had come to the Hellhounds as an escape from normal life. Gang life meant family where there was none, it meant protection when none could be provided, it meant indulgence in all the pleasures of the earth. But they couldn't just enter, a long list of tasks had to be completed; branding, Hellhound identifying tattoos and the "ceremony" they were about to perform. Behind Scott were 5 black drapes each spray painted with the Hellhounds logo. The shrouded figures beneath were emitting muffled cries for help. This would be their final test, loyalty to the Hellhounds meant a disbanding of any former alliance.  Even blood relatives were not safe. Scott stepped to the first boy standing before him handing him a 9mm. "Give us your loyalty, blood for the brotherhood" he said as he removed the cowl on the first figure. It was a woman in her early twenties dressed nice and obviously misplaced in the LA slums. She was bound up and gagged. Tears streamed down her face smearing mascara. Scott grabbed her face violently and brought her to the recruit before him. Their eyes met and as soon as Scott saw this he ripped the gag from the woman's mouth. She screamed and pleaded for her life. "Do it! Look into her eyes and do it!! Show us how much you want this!" The boys hand rose shakily, fear in his eyes. The bang from the gun snapped Scott back  to reality.

As Sai finished letting Scott know about the position he began to visibly shake. His clawed hands making an audible rattled as they vibrated frequently. Sai trusted him, trusted him enough to forgo his hidden identity and bring him to that high of a position in OCEAN. It was a true honor, but it filled Scott with an unfamiliar emotion...fear. Sweat dripped from his head. He knew he would never betray her and as she said would do anything and everything he could for OCEAN's cause but how could she know? So much of him had been hidden from her, had been hidden from everyone. They didn't know who he was, where he came from or anything. He was an enigma and here she was with such faith in trust in such an unworthy soul. Scott's mind wracked, there was nothing more he could want then to aid this organization but how could she trust him! His mind kept going back to that. She has to know, she can't know, etc. etc. it was maddening in his brain and Scott was now stammering, his speech speeding to match the speed his brain was functioning at. "SaiIuh...howcanyou...howdoesit...andtrustingmeImean...IwanttoIbuthow..." The shaking began to worsen and his breathing escalated. Scott fell to his knees, his body convulsing and lifted a hand to his mask. The medicine hit him hard and instantly began calming his lungs and his thoughts. He was ashamed of his reaction and of himself. If Sai could show him such trust as this, there was only one option, he would have to give her the same trust. For Scott, this was harder than any fight, any foe he had ever faced. With his face still aimed at the ground and his hands keeping him up Scott spoke. "Sai I have to apologize...you give me such...trust and yet I...have not given you...all the information to...make your decision...I have not given you...that same trust." Rising up Scott met her magenta eyes. His heart raced as he forced himself to move and speak. His hands rose to his hood, pulling it back to reveal his bald head and scarred features aged beyond his years. A tattoo of a large dog encircled the back half of his skull. His dull blue eyes stared at her with immense regret. "You have no idea...how hard this is for me." Scott rose to his feet, his eyes never leaving Sai's. Reaching down, he unzipped the fire retardant hoodie and let it fall to the ground behind him. For the first time since prison, Scott was exposed, vulnerable. His scarred, tattooed and battered upper body was now in full view for his commander. The sins of his past and the burden he bore were now all out in the open. Scott had to muster all of his courage, inhaling deeply before speaking the name of the worst human being he had ever known. "My name is...Scott Silver" The name burned on his tongue like acid. It was rancid and horrid, a name unfit to be spoken in the darkest pits of hell. "Before becoming...Redline...I founded a violent gang...in LA known as...the Hellhounds...no crime was beyond...us and no sin too great...that life is...behind me....but in that time...I personally ended...the lives of sixty-three...human beings...in cold blood...seven of those...were children...I am a wretched thing...unfit to call myself...a human being...I respect you...too much Sai...to let you ask...what you have of me...without giving you the full...extent of my sin...I want nothing more...than to accept the...position you have...offered me...but I understand...if you can no longer...extend the offer." A long exhale exited Scott as he finished his confession. His arms remained extended at his sides, allowing Sai the full view of his shame while he awaited her words.

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Saileyra July 16th 2013, 9:55 am

There was a long moment of silence that seemed like an infinity, it was the ticking seconds of the clock on the wall that she heard. For once in her life, she was experiencing apprehension and nervousness burning into her stomach causing her feel like she needed to throw up not that she did but it was deep. She had asked and it seemed like he was going to refuse it was so..quiet. But she would wait, Redline wasn't a man of few words when it came down to it. She knew more than she had let up about his condition but she did not know the man behind the mask. She wouldn't ask either as she had knew he was doing something mentally. He was smart, fast on his feet, and he was fighter and he was the one she wanted to be her second-in-command. He and her both knew he would never be the co-founder but he would indefinitely be her second-in-command if he had accepted.

Sitting on the luxurious couch, the expensive furnishing that all her OCEAN members had. Their rooms fit for the rich, it was only deserving of those whom risked their lives. She needed his help, the work load between this world and her own home as heavy. All she had was super strength and her physical body to carry the load and it was sometimes too much. Her biological fuel was only so much and she needed a hand to carry the other half. The question was what would both men think from the identity to the one underneath? The ticking went by and Redline still remained silent. Saileyra next to him sitting her fingers resting on her knees as suddenly, he reacted all the meanwhile between the clock she heard the clicking of his claws.

His voice came quick, quicker than the usual steady thum, she blinked once. "Whoa whoa. Calm down." She said standing her fingers grasping his shoulder and arm. Her voice concerned, more so as a friend than commander. "Just breathe Redline." She said harshly, not wanting him to hurt himself from him mentally freaking out. Seeing him nearly fall, she supported him in her efforts as there was silence between his breathing and her holding his arm. Moving him she would place him on the coach as he administrated the medicine beyond his mask into his lungs. With his head leaning far down between his legs it seemed his right hand was supporting him. This had to be hard, she felt for him, even if her kind biologically could not retain such diseases. It was only the spread in their world that made someone so sick enough to change them into nothing they were destined to be.

"Look, shit like that doesn't matter to me." She said to him, her voice simple as her fingers released his shoulders once she was sure his attack was over. "You've shown me I can trust you and thats all that matters.." She said, her voice soft as she had tilted her head, her fingers resting on her knee now as her eyes scanned over to him wondering his reaction to her words. Yet as she scanned his fingers were reaching for his hood. Echoing beyond the walls of her own mind, Are you sure your ready to do that? But, she didn't question, if that was what he wanted he could do so. His secret identity was the most important to him as he exposed the human underneath. Her eyes scanned the markings on his skin, she didn't understand them, they were designs something of nature. Her own tattoo's burned away entering into this world but it seemed he had enough courage to trust her with his biggest secret for some odd reason she felt ashamed for looking at him when she promised she wouldn't.

She only smirked, her form remaining sitting, she felt no need to stand for once. But she continued listening, many people gone by his hand. Her eyes scanned him, but was that who he was now? What was done in the past was done, he killed all those, and he still felt the remorse. A killer with a conscious, she rarely had that instance where someone actually felt bad. Then again, here she had someone who murdered..so many people. It seemed he put all his cards on his table, showed her who he was and even his name. Was it the fact that she was honored to actually see his face that disturbed her or the fact she didn't care about those lives? Maybe it was a mix of both that disgusted her.

"Scott." She said, testing the identity, her voice still, subtle; her form rising as she had approached him more so as a friend than his commander. "I know this will probably disturb you as much as it disturbs me. Those lives? I wasn't here for to stop you and apprehend you." She said, her voice firm rather straight to the point, "I don't know who those people, children, each of those lives you taken. You know what you did was wrong, but I know you love OCEAN probably more than I do." She said, her voice sultry, sweet even. "With that said, I'm not going to let you leave what you have dedicated your probably last strands of hope into. Plus, your dying I can see it.." She said, her fingers shoving into her pockets her eyes showing a hint of sadness. "I would be honored if you do accept it because your the I want to fill the shoes that Mikona is not able to fill. You aren't the man you were and I can see that even if your body bears the scars of the burden you've swept. Your saving millions of lives here and I'm sure whatever god believes in you will find redemption somewhere for you. At least in my eyes you have earned a clean slate." She said, her voice becoming more authoritative, rather straight to the point.

"Scott Silver, you are qualified to be Second-In-Command of OCEAN despite your sins and your past. You will don your mask on missions and you will not be authorized to give you identity to the other operatives without my approval because there will be some who won't approve of even my decision. If you accept these regulations, you will report to me in the morning and we will go over how recruitment process works." She said with a smirk and hopefully, with those conditions he would. Hopefully. Because she had been juggling the choice for a while and he still didn't stop her stubborn action, she knew what she wanted and she would have it.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Saileyra
Saileyra
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron July 20th 2013, 11:10 pm

Sai stood before Scott after his confession. It was the first time he had ever revealed this information to anyone sense the accident. He still stood shaking, so much of himself now out on the table, even the man he once was. It was as though he was a vampire, his skin now exposed not to sunlight but eyes. It almost burned. The seconds ticked by agonizingly before Sai spoke. At the sound of his birth name he cringed. It was a knife straight through his heart to hear such a trusted friend utter it. The name was unfit to pass from her lips or those of any other. But her intention was to address him on a personal level he understood that. Message received. The intimacy of the moment was overwhelming to Scott, so informal and so open. That tore him to pieces, the honesty and openness. It threatened to swallow him whole. But he maintained his composure on his scarred face as Sai continued.

Her thoughts on the situation continued forth on her mouth. Sai was a warrior Scott knew that but his words had disturbed her the same as they disturbed him. Yet somehow she could forgive him. Somehow she could put that behind her and him. She knew his feelings on the matter, somehow saw into his head and felt the regret he walked with every day and the screaming that haunted his nights. Not a moment passed that those lives did not weigh heavy on his soul. But Sai forgave him and believed that God would as well. As much as he appreciated her gesture Scott was not so sure about that one. In his eyes he was scum, no better than the filth he cleaned off the streets every day. He deserved to die a horrible death and to be loathed for the rest of his days on this miserable rock. How could she hold forgiveness in her heart for him, how could anyone? It was mind boggling and at the same time comforting. His demons were out on the table, the worst of the worst he had done and he wasn't being exiled for it. Sai couldn't explain it either, she said herself that her forgiveness of the situation disturbed her as much as him. It always came back to destiny, to fate. Whatever Redline was meant for was beyond who he was and who he had been. Maybe personal redemption di. With Sai's words Scott was rejuvenated in his purpose, pulled up from the self loathing muck that had drowned his soul and reminded of what he stood for. Innocence in this world was dead. Every man and woman alive had their sins, but that did not mean it could not be reborn. Out of the ashes of this shit hole could once again rise a beautiful earth and it would take all he had to bring it.

Light tears dropped from Scott's dull blue eyes as Sai concluded. Not of sadness but of joy. He was where he belonged, he and Sai and OCEAN were destined for greatness in whatever form it came in. And with her conditions met Scott gladly extended a clawed hand to his dear friend and commanding officer. Reigned in elation was clear on his voice as he spoke. "Thank you Sai...I accept the position...of Second in Command...you will not be...disappointed in your decision" A small smile broke behind his respirator. Rarely did he experience such joy but this was wonderful. Unfortunately his joy was broken. In his excitement Scott had not processed something that Sai had said while she spoken. "You're dying, I can see it". Scott had been sick, been told he was terminal for a few years before becoming Redline. But his medicine had staved off the worst of it since then. Perhaps it was getting worse, but how did Sai know? After breaking from the handshake Scott slowly gathered up his suit and replaced it on himself. Afterwards he spoke again. "I do have...one question...how do you know how...serious my condition is?"

Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Saileyra July 24th 2013, 5:54 pm

He was a man as much as the other person and it made more sense to her now why he hid behind a mask. But she couldn't say she was any better, planets had died by her hand to make sure they would not see the plague..then again it was different in her world..death so common and so cheap. It was easy to make and it was easy to make people reborn as she had scanned the man in front of him. Taking in his eyes, the tears, it was a wonder but none the less she had scanned her eyes moving across his eyes staring at the tears. She knew he was right, he loved OCEAN and she could tell it by the brave stare the posture.

The question was how would the others feel of her decision? It only made sense to promote him, he had seniority, she got along with him and most of all she trusted him. Redline was a friend and even more so someone she had known who would risk his life as he her. Despite his past she was sure he would not leave. He couldn't. Not yet. She had plans for both of them and OCEAN itself they would become a force to be reckoned with when times got dark. They would be the light when the world becomes threatened they would protect the past even if it meant to delay and forbear her future. For her to mettle in a potential she knew there could be no mistakes and usually there were none. Every mission a success and too itself perfection. She would scan as she approached him her form stopping in front of him.

Once he had officially accepted her form shook his hand in promise. "I'm sure you will do well." She said, her fingers shaking his hand before she hugged him. Sai rarely hugged people but it felt appropriate after the emotional whirl wind he had gone through. He was family, officially, one to accept a position was welcome to a hug. For her people did this when there was an ultimate trust, an ultimate bond, it was one where both parties would become the forces of light and perhaps a force of reckoning. "Xeno perception." She said, her voice simple, her form pulling away from the brief hug her arms crossing as she turned sitting down on his coach her legs crossing over one another, "When I look to your form your lungs seem to be coal black almost. I cannot tell the precise details because obviously I don't look at your skin and muscles while doing so.." She said, her voice simple, rather straight to the point as she leaned her leg back her feet gently bouncing as she stared forward.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Saileyra
Saileyra
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top