The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jessica Albert
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Fusion Frenzy
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeToday at 4:27 am by Cobalt

» Beholder of the eyes
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Granitoid I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Granitoid I_vote_lcapGranitoid I_voting_barGranitoid I_vote_rcap 
Arcana
ProwlerKnight
Cerek
Sage
Cobalt
Zonkes
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Granitoid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Granitoid Empty Granitoid

Post by Epsilon June 18th 2013, 8:20 pm

Granitoid
"When I looked around I saw and heard of none like me. Was I, then, a monster, a blot upon the earth, from which all men fled and whom all men disowned?" -Mary Shelley's Frankenstein

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Granitoid 
Title: The Ancient Assistant
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Stone Construct
Hair: None
Eyes: White speckled with small black spots
Height: 4' or about 1.2m
Weight: 4,500 lbs
Blood type: N/A

The Looks

Standing at only four feet in height, Granitoid is not really what would be considered 'tall'. Regardless, Granitoid is made entirely of stone. Starting at the top, Granitoid's has a broad forehead which ends at a pair of stone eyebrows, under which, two white stones covered in black speckles create what could be considered 'eyes'. Granitoid doesn't have a nose, not really needing one, but does possess a mouth. The mouth is jagged, not forming a straight line and instead giving Granitoid an expression of either constant smirk, grimace, or small smile, depending on who you ask, and does not have any actual teeth, yet has a stone tongue. Granitoid does not have ears, instead there are simply two holes on the sides of the head where ears would be. The head/face is square shaped.

Below the head, Granitoid has a body that is squat, but well built, similar to a small mesomorph body type. Granitoid has broad shoulders, thick arms, a thick tail, thick legs, and large feet. There are two fingers and a thumb on each of Granitoid's hands, and three toes on Granitoid's feet, all of which are sharpened at the end to form claws. The majority of Granitoid's body is made of a dark colored stone. The eyes, as already stated, are white stone with black specks, and there is a single thick stripe of reddish stone that runs up and down Granitoid's spine to circle the six points on the body where the limbs are attached. (A.K.A. armpits, base of the tail, the hips, and the neck.) While Granitoid does not typically wear clothes, Granitoid does not really have any gender related articles to cover with clothes.

The Legacy

Personality: Granitoid didn't have a personality for most of his early existence; Larton wanted a servant, not a partner. Regardless, Granitiod had begun to develop a personality by the time it entered the pseudo-stasis mode during its guarding period. By design, Granitoid is extremely protective of the things he chooses to be protective of. It can also be rather hardheaded at times, no doubt a stubbornness brought on by its time with Larton. Granitoid likes to do things his way, regardless of whether or not others agree with him. Most of the time, that moral compass follows a similar path to a young girl, understanding simple justice and not really comprehending complex laws.

Regardless of all its strength and might, Granitoid was never designed for combat. Sure, the paranoid Professor had trained the construct as a bodyguard, but it was never in Granitoid's nature to lean towards aggression. The construct is naturally gentle and humorous (spending time with small children'll do that to ya), though its speech towards strangers might seem to indicate otherwise with its gruff bark and sarcastic remarks. Granitoid isn't terribly familiar with average humans and their customs, considering how it spent life with a paranoid genius, a small child, and a circus, and the latter two for not very long.

History: "During the eighteenth century, as metahumans rose in numbers, there was a man named Professor Reginald Larton. Larton, though he might not have realized it, was a metahuman of enormous intellect. His inventions ranged from brilliant to deranged, despite the fact that almost no one ever saw them due to the Professor's paranoia. The man grew older, living a quiet life ripe with the company of his own brilliant mind.

As his plans grew in scope, Larton quickly realized that he was horribly outweighed by the limitless scope of his own brain. His body could no longer keep up with the hauling and the lifting that he required of it to continue his work, and his paranoia prevented him from simply hiring an assistant. So he did the next best thing; he made an assistant instead. The Professor worked days and nights, weeks and months, years and decades to perfect his creation. His aim: to bring an autonomous being into the world who could perform the physical feats needed for him to further his efforts. The pursuit stretched Larton to the limits of what his body could handle, until eventually he was confined to a wheelchair, a magnificent brain trapped in a decaying body.

His efforts, however, were rewarded. A small stone construct, scarcely impressive by stature, was created. Larton had delved deep not only into science, but also into the arcane arts to accomplish his creation. The construct was an immediate success; it was fully autonomous, able to lift immeasurable amounts (at the time anyway), and durable enough to survive the rigors of Larton's laboratory. For years more, the construct and its creator continued to work. Before long, Larton was permanently bedridden, his time to pass almost at hand. Unlike most, he did not fear death. Rather, he was smart enough to realize he'd had his chance at life. Larton, realizing what had to be done, used what remained of his inherited wealth to move himself and his creations to America and settle himself down.

Larton, fading fast, had his construct build one more masterpiece. A beautiful house, one so magnificent it would not be destroyed, was created. The house, not terribly large on the outside, was rooted deep into the ground. There, hidden away under the earth, Larton hid his most prized inventions. A letter was sent, the only record of the hidden location, was sent to one Daria Dyer. Confident that his secrets were left now to the one person he trusted other than himself, his half-sister, Larton sealed his hidden cavern and laid down to die in peace. The construct was sealed in as well, instructed to wait and guard the chamber.

Sadly, the letter never arrived, and the chamber remained sealed for many, many years. As time passed, the construct continued to wait. As it waited, it grew farther and farther from thought, until it might as well have been a statue. It was a dark time, and it lasted for nearly two generations.

Then, the seal was broken. A rich family purchased the estate, fleeing from the wreckage of the New York Assault. The family had only one child, a small girl named Annelise. Insatiably curious, she stumbled upon the door in the cellar that led to the anti chamber of the hidden room. The girl, not being careful, accidentally activated one of the many traps that Larton had placed there decades before. The girl fell, dangling over a pit of what had once been snakes. The intrusion had done more than simply activate a trap; the construct awoke.

The construct was instructed to guard the inventions, but the years had not been kind. Insects, moisture, dust, all that and more had gotten to the contraptions. They were no more. Annelise, rather than being frightened of the construct, thought it cute. She showed it to her parents. They let her keep it, a plaything to keep their child entertained. The construct, confused and uncertain in this new time, remained peacefully on the estate, learning from Annelise. The child and the construct spent seven months in each other's company before she got cancer.

It only took three months. Disease is funny that way, how it can snuff out something so full of life so very quickly. With their only child gone, Annelise's parents had the house demolished to bury their memories and grief. It's home destroyed, and it's charges better protected than they had ever been, the construct left the estate.

It had not gone far before a traveling circus came across it. In need of a strongman, the circus conscripted the construct with the promise that they would get it far away from the painful memories of Annelise. The ringmaster, Davis 'The Magnificent' Browning, gave the construct the designation of 'Granitoid' to appeal to the circus' meager audiences. The other performers took to calling him 'Grant', it was less of a mouthful. Here, the construct spent the final two months of that fateful year.

When the circus was robbed, it was not a simple theft, but a front to assassinate Davis for money he owed. With their ringmaster dead, the circus disbanded and Granitoid was left to wander alone once more. Without planning to, the construct returned to the site of the destroyed Larton estate, now a memorial site for Annelise. It sat at the crest of the hill that the estate had once sat on, contemplating existence. It had been given life, only to outlive any it shared the world with. There were many things that the construct could not stop; sickness, natural disasters, time, all these things were in the hands of creatures greater than it. The construct had spent its entire life protecting and guarding, using it's strength to create. That would not stop now.

I thought you should know that Annelise. I learned it from you ya know, how to think and all that. Larton... brought me here, but he never treated me as an equal. You never asked where I came from, you simply accepted I was there. I know you wanted ta be a hero when you grew up, but I guess you can't really do that now. I don't know much about being a hero, but I've got no other reason ta "live". It's been hard without ya Annelise. People... ain't been too accepting. I gotta leave now, and I prob'ly won't be back. There's a place nearby, you told me about it once. Called it, Chicago. I hear there're a lot of statues there, shouldn't be hard ta blend in. So long, Kid."

Granitoid stood from its crouched position. The sun's rays peeped over the horizon, catching the marble memorial monument in their glow. The moving construct placed its hand on the stone, allowing itself a last brief moment of remembrance. Then, removing its hand, Granitoid aimed itself at the rising sun, and set off to fulfill its promise to the human who had taught it the difference between existence, and living.

The Powers

Power 1: Extreme Strength (This means he can jump rather high.)

Power 2: Extreme Durability (He is made of rock after all.)

Power 3: Slight Regeneration

Misc
Granitoid, being made of rock and all that jazz; cannot swim, doesn't breathe, eat, or sleep (though it does occasionally enter periods of pseudo-slumber). Despite being really old, Granitoid is not immortal, rock merely sticks around longer than people do. Professor Larton designed his creation to withstand all sorts of things and outlast time. While a mortal man can't really comprehend eternity, Larton did his job well, and Granitiod (theoretically) could survive for a very long time.

Grid
Intelligence: 3
Occult: 0
Strength: 8
Speed: 4
Durability: 8
Ability: 3
Fighting Skills: 4
Magic: 0
Spells: N/A
Flight: N/A
Wealth: 0

Epsilon
Epsilon

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 29
Humor : Where is your Gollum now?
Registration date : 2013-06-17

Back to top Go down

Granitoid Empty Re: Granitoid

Post by Forceaus June 18th 2013, 8:30 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top