The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:52 am by ProwlerKnight

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Stars over Vegas
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 18th 2024, 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapDevoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_voting_barDevoid (Finished) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Devoid (Finished)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 Empty Re: Devoid (Finished)

Post by BrightChaos June 28th 2013, 6:23 am

“Yes!” Miracle Boy exclaimed seeing his attack hit followed by the new guy's missiles impacting. But then Miracle Boy felt a chill at seeing the guy get up despite all the damage they had dealt. The injuries sealed themselves up. This guy could heal also. No, this guy healed even faster. That meant they had to take him down quickly or he would be as good a new. The guy in the suit was out of missiles as far as he could tell. Unless he had a weapon he could not see the fight was left to himself.

Then the attacker starting firing more energy blasts at the second guy again charging forward. Miracle Boy began to charged forward as well when...a third stranger popped out of nowhere! And once again right in the line of battle! This was really normal around here? But why did people feel the need to do this?
“Get down!” The boy yelled leaping over the third guy descending on the other side of him. The energy blasts collided against the shield he had been gifted with. They didn't seem to be of the same strength as the one from before judging from their size and speed. But he had little time to think of that as he had to push his speed to it's limit. Just as he reached his target he heard a crackle as the device that had been placed on him gave out and the shield began to fade. There may not be a second chance for this.

Miracle Boy flipped his dagger around and in a desperate strike he swung it at the side of the attacker's head using it's handle as a blunt object putting all his strength and the momentum of his flight into it hoping for a knock out.

BrightChaos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell July 1st 2013, 10:48 pm

This was too easy, except now there was some idiot who hopped in. Zell charged at the android, as did his copy, and he withstood as much blasts as he could. With his flight boosters engaged he was coming in high speed. His A.V.A.T.A.R was set to go, the assault would trigger as soon as Zell made contact with the android. The question was how long could it avoid him
With a smirk he looked to see that the blasts followed a pattern, it would seem as though they only hit occassionally. Too bad for poor little Blondie that his shield had just worn out a second ago, because now he was in close range of an android that would likely kill him in a moment. With his enemy still attempting to process everything ghe went for the strike. If he made a connection then tiny little nanites would enter his system and inject him with a neuro-toxin or a 'killswitch' virus that would either shut down his system entirely, or slow him down a bit. If the stike missed then assault would be ready for next time. However if Zell were an android and already judged the human's strength as inferior, he wouldn't prioritize the human as a threat. A mistake many androids make, Zell was eager to see what this one would do.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Devoid (Finished) - Page 2 Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Reject July 2nd 2013, 9:06 am

A brick wall raised up in front on of him, causing the Android to stop his movement. He looked it over, confused by its presence before he cautiously backed away from it as unsure of its existence as its purpose. A brick wall? Rising from the ground? Implausible. It simply couldn't be so. Even stranger was the man who appeared in front of it, speaking to him in a tone fit for a lecturing adult. Paragon's face did not lose or gain expression, and he started to charge his body to knock the man back into his own wall. "Move," he commanded, "Or you will be annihilated."

It was only a mere few seconds from that moment that his primary quarry descended from the sky and began to burst forward, his shield coming down from the energy blasts fired prior. The Reject had little time to react to the boy's speedy assault, when he suddenly felt something blunt against the side of his head. He staggered briefly and in that same moment of impact lost control of the energy within his body, releasing it all in a fast-moving pulse. It was almost an unconscious defense mechanism-- there was no significant charge time, so it lacked lethal impact. However, there was sufficient energy to cause some damage, if not injure another arm.

Paragon was generally undamaged, however. He deduced that his prey was desperate. After all, if missiles did hardly anything, the blunt of the boy's dagger was far less effective. He prepared to mount his true counter attack, only to see the large machine return to battle from the other side of the brick wall. Too much had happened in such a short time. Paragon was still wobbly from the blow to his head, even if it had not been as powerful as a missile strike. A blow to the chest caught him off his guard and he stepped backwards to accommodate, before attempting to leap up and jam his fists into the still-open missile ports. It wouldn't matter if he was successful. He did not know it, but he had already lost.

Tiny nanites flooded his system, moving from his 'heart' to all the other vital areas of his body. He would be as a human succumbing to disease. He had no defense against this yet. He was durable, and he could heal himself, but his body had not developed a method to cope with foreign invaders yet. After all, what need would there have been? His sluggish movements in the air were a red flag to him and possibly to the more observant individuals in the area. Tiny warnings sounded of in his mind but he pressed forward, even as his body started to lock up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Characters:
The Reject
Alexander Meadows
The Reject

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by BrightChaos July 3rd 2013, 8:12 pm

He hit the temple of the attacker's head. But the attacker only stumbled a little and let out another wave of energy. This once was less focuses and it felt like getting smacked by a strong wave of water. He was thrown back into the air. Miracle Boy regained his senses and looked own the see the attacker charging the second guy.

If he can't be knocked out then the only thing to do was blast him until he gives up. Miracle Boy re-sheathed his dagger. He aimed both hands at the attacker and unleashed an energy blast from both hands at him and released an energy blasts from each of them.

Miracle Boy
Spoiler:
BrightChaos
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell July 3rd 2013, 9:55 pm

Blondie managed to hit the android, and it let out a reactive pulse, so quickly that Zell began to wonder if it was a contingancy function to take out whomever would knock the droid unconscious. The android would have been right on the account of any other synthetic 'alive' to asume that both Blondie and Zell were desperate. He prepared his counter attack, but thanks to the random illusion Zell now had the advantage. Zell made contact and the nanite assualt commenced. The android was not going down without a fight, and it certainly made that clear. Zell cursed as he realized that the android eyed up the missle ports that Zell had forgotten to close. The android drove a hand in each of them and with a savage tearing motion he tore off the arms of the exo suit like sleeves on a dress shirt. Zell's bare arms were exposed, his geentic material was all over the place, if this thing had any form of genetic scanning protocol Zell was screwed! His suit was at thirty seven percent, a huge drop just from having the arms removed. All functions of the suit itslef began to shut down. It was all fine though, as the android began to succum to the nanites.
The android began to shut down, Zell punched in a command to his A.V.A.T.A.R which ordered the nanites to leave him alive, and able to observe, but not able to act. It would be like the state of being paralyzed. Zell stepped between the fired energy and the android, taking the blow for himself. With that now out of the way, Zell latched onto the android and with the command of his A.V.A.T.A.R the large raven swooped down and picked it up, flying off with the immobile android. Zell looked back to blondie and chuckled.
You're gonna do great things kid. But this android still has a chance to make the right choice. He might not make it today, or tomorrow. For all we know he may pick the wrong one. But so long as the dream stays alive, the choice will be there. I have faith that he'lll make the right choice some day. Take care fo yourself kid. You're a hell of a fighter." Zell said. He engaged hsi boosters and flew off to the warf, where he was hoping to have a little 'heart-to mechaheart' with his paralyzed android buddy. Zell landed at te base of the statue of libertay, or what had once been that. Lourishna, the bird, set Paragon doen and Zell shed all of his suit, except for his helmet. By time it was all done the suit had shut itself down, unable to move at all. Zell punched the command in his A.V.A.T.A.R to allow speech.
"You're in a world where technology is advancing, it is evolving. Humans are advancing, and evolving as well. I can tell you right now that you have a choice in all you do. But whatever you do will ultimately be on your hands. You are a machine, but you are also man. You have the choice, will you choose and be a man? Or will you take what you've been told as law and be a machine?" Zell said with the voice modifier still intact, but breaking theough certain words. Zell got down on one nee and made his exo helemt's eyes line up with the androids. "I have faith in you. Faith you will make a choice. Do you know what faith is?"

Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Reject July 6th 2013, 11:37 am

Everything seemed to be a blur of information-- sight and sound melded into one sensation of pure data and screamed into his head. All he could recall was a burst of strength that preceeded him ripping the arm off the mechanical creature. Then, his body became heavy and tired. He couldn't move well, and soon he couldn't move at all. It was over almost instantly, as the android's systems fought back against the nanites Paragon tried its hardest to overcome the strange sensation of falling it felt. Reality had it being carried by the very thing it had injured some place off shore. He had regained some of his faculties, but not his movement. It was still fighting for its version of consciousness when the metal thing spoke.

Its words were hollow, and its voice unstable. It was trying to reason with him he deduced, but Paragon was unable to properly sort the information to do anything meaningful with it. The man-machine knelt down and looked Paragon in the face, opening its visor and staring into his eyes. "Do you know what faith is?"

"No." A simple response, raspy and half-awake floated on impulse from Paragon's mouth. "I was only made for a singular purpose. My education is limited to solely assisting that purpose." Paragon's eyes stared up into the man's returning sincerity with a soulless gaze. "I am a weapon, not 'man'. Not simple 'machine'." The android's words were implicit, and a stated fact now that he had spoken them.

Characters:
The Reject
Alexander Meadows
The Reject

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2013-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell July 6th 2013, 1:54 pm

"We'll see little guy. We'll see." Zell said. He stepped back and soon Lourishna picked up his armor, flying off with it. Seconds later the ever massive S.T.A.R.K landed with his anti air-craft gun aimed at Paragon. Zell snapped his fingers and the large dragon looked away. "Ignore him, lets go home." Zell said. The Dragon ripped open its mechanical and metal ribs, exposing a sealed pod. The pod opened and two large wires shot out and gently wrapped around Zell's arms, lifting him up and pulling him closer to the pod. The seal broke, and the doors opened, revealing a high tech chair. Zell was placed ointo the pod, he took the sead and waved at Paragon. "Ciao." He said with a smirk, the amusement of the situation unable to be contined. With that the pod sloced and S.T.A.R.K forced his ribs shut again, growling at Paragon before taking off into the air.
Half way home, back to Canada, Zell began chuckleing, almost as if it were to funny to contain himself. His A.I, which normally ran the company while he was on his exploits, was the mind behind the metal dragon and didn't wait to ask up.
"Oi, wha's so funneh?" Niall asked. Zell shook his head.
"I...met someone today that reminds me a LOT of you. We met the same way and everything. It was really deja vu based." Zell said, his helmet now removed as he wiped the sweat off of his forehead.
"'es not ahs good though es 'e?" Niall asked. Zell shrugged.
"You know better than to ask me that. How could we know the answer after reading the first chapter?" Zell asked the A.I, whom only chuckled in response. Zell looked to see the Gene-tech building in sight with the horizon of the setting sun. Niall asked if I thought I'd ever see that android again. Zell told him that he wasnt sure but deep down... he knew he would. He would evolve and get stronger, as would Zell. "No...this story is just beginning." he said with a smile.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top