The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Huntsman
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeToday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:35 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Trigger
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
A Schism of Ideals I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
A Schism of Ideals I_vote_lcapA Schism of Ideals I_voting_barA Schism of Ideals I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
A Schism of Ideals I_vote_lcapA Schism of Ideals I_voting_barA Schism of Ideals I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Schism of Ideals

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Schism of Ideals Empty A Schism of Ideals

Post by Madame Versailles June 4th 2013, 12:46 am

It was a quiet and unproductive day at the O.C.E.A.N. Headquarters. Madame Versailles had retired to her section of the establishment for most of the day occupying her time with rearranging the furniture in her room. A pointless task as it had all wound up in the same spot as it had been previously. Realizing this Madame rubbed her temples and just sat down on one of her chairs. All she was really doing was biding her time. It would not be long now before she made a major move against the very place that had given her a roof over her head. It was not that she did not appreciate all that they had done for her, it was just that their morals and regulations were not something that she could agree with. So much that she had decided to turn everything upside-down.
Though such a movement would take time a planning. Going against so many people would not be an easy feat even for Madame. She may have lived longer than a few of them, but their abilities had different strengths and weaknesses that her own would not be able to compensate for, some even that she had not ben able to witness yet. It was risky business no doubt, however the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few so this had to be done. Madame was now treating this world as if she ruled it, and with an organization that does in fact stop evil it good however at what costs? The way that O.C.E.A.N. operated did not consider the costs. Many lives of innocent people had been lost at the hands of not only Saileyra, but the other members of this group as well meaning that they would all have to atone for their crimes against this planet's indigenous population.

MV stood from her seat and began to grab a few things from around her desk, through her open door she caught the passing image of another member. One that she did not immediately recognize so she just continued with gathering her things. Placing a few items into a small over the shoulder purse she touched up her make-up and set off from her room heading for the exit. Right now she just needed a little bit of fresh air and figured this would be a good time to allow some of her pets to get acquainted to the atmosphere and gravity settings of this reality. She had heard that it was called "going for a walk" here. An interesting phrase no doubt but it was one that she could become accustomed to. Once she exited the establishment Buttons 1 phased into existence and floated cheerfully around Madame. It gave her a bit of a affectionate nudge against her body causing her to stumble to the side playfully. She replied by hugging the large metal looking object firmly and placing a kiss on the top of it. Pulling out a small leash she wrapped it around the bottom part of one of the magnet-like extremities and they set off to walk around the Headquarters.
"Ooohh Buttons what am I going to do?" She said as the floating pet did a 180 and faced her while still moving. It gave a little tilt indicating it was curious as to what she was talking about.
"It's just this organization here. They were so nice to offer me a spot of power and a roof over my head, however I really just can't agree to what they're doing here."
Buttons had not experienced much of anything with this group, nor did Buttons 2, Kit, or Flowers for that matter. Though if she went through with what she had planned O.C.E.A.N. would be the ones experiencing her pets rather than the other way around.
"Well, you see, they do the right thing however they do not pay much attention to the drawbacks of their actions. Do you know what I mean BT?" She said as Buttons began to sway back and fourth after turning back around.
Madame yanked on his leash gently to get back his attention. He was most likely having fun with the lighter gravity allowing him to move around more freely.
"Oh please bare with me Buttons, you know I always come to you when I have a problem." MV said in a more concerned voice. Looking up, she could see the top of one of the lower level buildings and figured that she would be able to get a good view from up there. She walked towards the wall of the establishment and her body began to flicker away in small cubes, with the leash and Buttoms following. The following instant she had appeared on the roof of the building looking out over the land. It was majestic and whoever build this fine place had picked an excellent location. Madame was also sizing the place up so that she would know how much power she would need to 'remove' the entire building in one go.
MV took a seat on the edge of the building and Buttons floated down next to her.
"You know how I ruled, Buttons, and you know that gatherings like these were not tolerated. They were exterminated very promptly. Do you think I should I apply the same governing principal to this place...?
Buttons danced around Madame and made a few odd humming sounds, his way of replying and talking to her.
[color=#ffff99}"That is a good idea. I might have to go with that one..."[/color]
She paused slightly and looked off to her right seeing the water.
"I would be in my best interest if I started to think of the appropriate obliteration plan now eh? I mean, if my methods work out here, who's to say that they won't work other places in this universe?..." A small grin stretching across her face when Buttons was looking away and she teleported away in the same fashion as she had before, this time appearing right where the ledge dropped off and met the water. She kept moving at a jogging pace, leaving Buttons behind on top of the roof. The poor thing noticed that she was gone when MV turned a corner to hide. Madame couldn't help but chuckle a little bit but kept her hands over her mouth so that he wouldn't hear her. After a few seconds Buttons zoomed around the corner finding Madame.
"Darn! You always find me! How do you do that anyways?" she said playfully pushing him away and then grabbing his leash as she set off walking again, Buttons whimsically following behind her.
After a little while longer of walking she came to the Hanger area which was pretty open right now as nothing was parked, landed, or preparing to land or leave. Going down the runway she got a different perspective view of the entire O.C.E.A.N. Headquarters, really taking in the size of it. She nudged Buttons a bit and he turned and looked at her.
"I've removed planets larger than the one that we're standing on...You know." Buttons nodded in agreement as Madame crossed her arms and shifted her weight to her right.

"Turning this quaint little establishment inside-out can't be all that difficult...Right?

Madame turned and began to slowly make her way to the front entrance to retire back to her room to plot their demise. With the hanger area being so big it would take her the most time just to clear the runway, though the stillness of the are would help her concentrate. At the moment, she had the element of surprise. These dwellers of the past won't know what hit them...
Madame Versailles
Madame Versailles
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2012-06-03

Back to top Go down

A Schism of Ideals Empty Re: A Schism of Ideals

Post by Guest June 4th 2013, 6:55 pm

Void walked the halls of the OCEAN H.Q his black cloak gracefully swaying, teasing the ground beneath him, but never gracing it by touch. He had at his right hand, his friend and commander, Black Magic. The two dark figures walked with a graceful urgency, one that was so apparent that none would dare cross their path. As he walked, Void felt an uneasy chill upon his spine. Under the normal circumstance, he would simply have glanced around the room and reveled in the intoxicating fear that leaked from the pitiful employees of OCEAN. But this was not the normal circumstance, for not even the fear and anxiety of the common ilk could distract him.
Black Magic himself even left the city of Necropolis to personally deliver the news to his master personally. This was the thing, above all else, that made Void edgy and concerned. Nothing wrong had happened in Necropolis itself, no Void would have known that even before Black Magic, but this was something that Void knew nothing of, and ignorance was Void's ONLY fear. They made their way to the exterior of the large building. On their way, Void passed a room that had belonged to another member of the Mage's squad. This member Void had never had the pleasure of meeting this woman, but from what he had heard about her, She was of royalty. Void had assumed that they would have gotten along smashingly due to the white-collared blue blood they both shared. He would need to become aquainted with her a little later, but for now he had a more pressing matter. Upon reaching the exterior of the building, Void turned to Black Magic, dropping his hood.
"What is the nature of this visit, buisness I trust?" Void asked as stoically and emotionlessly as he always had. He smirked and his voice sprung to life a little, but quickly died back after he teased his friend "Or did you miss me so much that you came for a visit?"
"Trust me, I've missed ya, it's not easy running a city...even a utopian one." Black Magic chuckled. Void propped himself up and leaned back against the building. "Well, anyway I wanted to ask you about the soldiers you requested."
"Speak already." Void said.
"Are you sure you only want twenty men?"
"Please tell me you DIDN'T come all this way to ask me something you could have used a cell phone to ask..." Void hissed. Black Magic lowered his head and shrugged. Void went to scold his commander for leaving Necropolis without a leader, and risking Sailerya's wrath upon Void for Black Magic coming to a place where he was clearly unwelcomed. However there was another voice coming from around the building.
"You know how I ruled, Buttons, and you know that gatherings like these were not tolerated. They were exterminated very promptly. Do you think I should I apply the same governing principal to this place...?" The voice asked. Black Magic looked at Void, eyes as wide as a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Void drew his hood back up and Black Magic darted off into the vegitation. Void summoned his energies to allow himself to remain unseen. The woman, the one he had seen gathering things earlier had stepped around and continued talking to a small loating thing. Void had no REAL concept of technology, but it looked like a pretty advanced peice. "I would be in my best interest if I started to think of the appropriate obliteration plan now eh? I mean, if my methods work out here, who's to say that they won't work other places in this universe?..." The woman asked her device. Voids eyes narrowed as he watched the woman now standing by the water.
Void took a sincere interest in the words 'if I started to think of an appropriate obliteration.', so much so that he decided to follow the woman from a slight distance, close enough to still hear however. They went around the complex and it looked as if this woman was sizing up the facility itself. Void had butterflies in his stomach, the excited anxious kind.
'me oh my, me oh MY.' Void thought to himself with a sickeneing grin forming on his face.
"Turning this quaint little establishment inside-out can't be all that difficult...Right?" The woman added. Void's smile got even bigger, if it was even possible. He snuck past her into the hanger being as quiet as he could and went around the corner, now allowing his invisibility to fade. Void walked out humming a little tune and he turned to acknowledge the woman.
"Why hello there, Mi lady. What brings you out here?" Void inquired as sweetly as he could. It was sweet, but still almost dead of all emotion due to the natural magic reverb and hollow echoing tone in his voice. He smiled at the woman. 'Daddy's found a traitor.' Hye thought to himself.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Versailles June 5th 2013, 9:51 pm

As Madame was slowly making her way back to the entrance of the base she was acknowledged by an individual she did not think she had met yet. MV had not even made it out of the hanger area when this man said 'hello'. Madame turned to see this man was not bowing, on one knee or showing any sign of respect towards her. She rolled her eyes and figured that he hopefully just doesn't know any better, yet. He had been at least someone accurate with her title.
"You many call me Madame. And I am simply on a walk with my pet here." as she motioned to Buttons.
"His name is Buttons, though I will warn you he does not always take very kindly to strangers."
Regardless, Buttons still had royal manners as he tilted forward in a bowing-like motion as he was introduced.
"You are a new face to me, from what I can see at least, what is your name sir...?"
MV felt it important to know the names of the people she 'worked' with. However it was something that she struggled with when she was in power, but should be far easier now considering the lower numbers of this Organization. The numbers may even drop significantly in the next few days, however this brought Madame to another thought. How long had this individual been around? Could he have possibly heard the conversation she had with Buttons? If this man was smart and knew anything he would be on his merry way and tell the others that way they could adequately prepare. Be though as it may, from experience she has come to find out that the inhabitants of this reality don't always thing rationally and act on impulse rather than thought.
Madame Versailles planned on continuing through this conversation as if she had no intention of destroying this base... Unless of course he had heard, in which case this man would need to be done away with before he can notify the others...
Madame Versailles
Madame Versailles
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 6th 2013, 8:51 pm

Void smiled and lowered himself slightly. He had forgotten to introduce himself, truthfully on purpose, Void was a man of great stature. He was always sure to make himself aquainted with his compnay before he introduced himself. The woman carried the title 'Madame', that or he parents royaly hated her Void stepped forward and looked down at the little 'pet' known as buttons and lowered his on head to it, in mutual respect.
"Madame, I am Void. Master of the Necropolis. I would like to also introduce you to my commander. Black Magic." Void said. He nodded and Black Magic came around and walked over to Void's side. Zell introduced the woman as Madame, and Blck Magic responded by lowering himself and taking her hand, kissing it.
"Madame, and honor indeed." Black Magic said to her. He stood and stepped back to Voids side.
"Madame, I have a question." Void said. He could practically smell her caution of him. It was delicious. "I would much like to ask you WHY you seek to destroy OCEAN." Void said very plainly. He was not a man of emotion, this she could obviously have picked up on by now. He watched as he expression altered and he hgave a breathy chuckle. Black Magic was already about to pounce, should the woman try anything.
"I would not advise that." Black Magic snapped. HE truly did not wish to fight this woman, but he was ready to die for his friend, and master.
"Please now, there is no need for violence on either side...yet." Void said, almost taking a genuine pleasure in the tensions of the room. "If Madame has a valid reason we can continue on as if nothing happened. What happens to this base, and organization bothers me none. For I will always have the Necropolis. However, If there is not a valid reason...I'm afraid that means the jig is up." Void added.
"Master, can you trust her?" Black Magic asked. Void shrugged
"Of course not, but if she had a truly valid reason I could nt call myself a righteous man if I stopped her, now could I?" Void said. He was hoping to hear her logic, perhaps they may both be able to escape this event. If not, and this woman attacked him, then this woman was in a very bad situation.

[spoiler](OoC: 3 post CD on Invisability.)[/spoiller]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Versailles June 12th 2013, 9:09 pm

Madame appreciate the introduction of himself and his comrade who appeared rather young yet polite. He began the rest of their conversation with a question.
"I would much like to ask you WHY you seek to destroy OCEAN"
So he had overheard... Madame was not one for lying and would speak truthfully, depending on his response would dictate her next actions. Granted saying that he would do nothing about it could simply be a façade and the two of them would be off to report to Saileyra or someone in a position to stop her. In MV's head it seemed that no matter what he said she may be forced to remove him from this reality.
His younger friend quickly said that he wouldn't advise an attack on OCEAN, which she could not blame him for saying so as it did appear as an outrageous idea. However they were most likely unaware of Madame's capabilities.
There was a short conversation between the two before Madame had an adequate opportunity to speak her mind.
"Now then, gentlemen, my reasoning for destroying OCEAN is based off of their ideology that innocent individuals perishing as collateral damage is 'okay'. I've witnessed members of this organization go through with the deaths of a number of bystanders who had nothing to do with the situation at hand. Such murder is not tolerable and as the peace keeper I am, I shall enforce the justice necessary in this instance."
She paused for a moment as Buttons moved from her right side, to her left looking his possible opponents up and down.
"That is my reasoning. If you do not agree with it then I am afraid, oh how do they say it here... 'That is your problem'." she said with a nod knowing that she got the Earth saying correct.
Madame crossed her arms and leaned against Buttons while she waited for their response. Which ever direction they voted on going with she was confident that they would more than likely have their hands full with MV's arsenal of abilities gathered over the centuries.
Madame Versailles
Madame Versailles
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 13th 2013, 8:15 pm

Void couldn't help but let a chuckle escape his mouth when he heard the woman finish her conversation. This woman had fire, something Void himself lacked. Where she was motivated to defend the innocent, he felt no compulsion to do anything. Even now he struggled to bring himself to even pay the woman a fourth of a mind. She just seemed so steadfast, so determined and dedicated. Void felt empty, cold, and uncaring. While he admired her for her ability to feel strongly about something like this, Void himself was deaf to the cries of emotion. He saw only logic, and it was for this reason that he was able to be a member of OCEAN with a clear mind.

"Madame, I wish I could tell you that I agree. But to do so would be to lie and deceive you. You see I cannot feel emotion as you do. I am, as my name suggests, a void. I am a black pit, an abyss that lacks most emotion, and am reduced to a shell of a man." He explained to the woman. He looked at her, careful to watch her every breath. Black Magic looked at him, he was no longer in a threatening stance to the lady, and he even took on a more than lax posture. Void watched also that little "animal", whom he now knew to be Buttons. "Madame, I will attempt to explain this as best I can, from the perspective of an emotionless man." Void said with eyes narrowed at her.

"You see two trains, both are on the path of destruction, as they are on the same track. Each train has approximately nine hundred and fifty seats, all of them filled." Void explained. His voice grew a bit darker when he went on to explain the next  portion"There is a way to save all those lives however, for you see there is another track, and you stand at the lever which could divert one of the trains and save countless lives. But alas, on the empty track there is a car. For this car cannot back up due to the traffic behind him, and should it move forward it would surly be destroyed by the train. The car, having only a man in it, would die should you choose to save the trains." Void said, making himself clear. He had hoped that Madame would see what he was trying to say. If the trains are saved, the man dies, if the man lives then all nineteen hundred innocents would be lost in the wreck. "Madame, what would you do? Would you sacrifice the lives of one-thousand and ninehundred lives simply because you did not desire to kill a man? Or would you sacrifice the man to save the masses?" He asked. He was attempting to be kind and sound concerned, even though all emotion his voice produced was either by chance or faked. "Regardless your choice, Madame, YOU are the murderer. You must either have killed a man, which is murder, or you watched as near two thousand lives were ended and you did nothing. A lack of action is perhaps even more grievous a sin in reality."

"Master, but she holds a valid argument." Black Magic offered up. It was almost as if he was pleading that they simply forget the event. "She's not talking about trains, she's speaking in the premise of justice, I believe..." Black Magic said, looking to the Madame for affirmation.

"Very Well."Void said. He reached up and tugged on his hood uncomfortably."Tell me, Madame, do you know of Doctor Necrodium?" Void asked. He awaited for the woman to reply before he continued on. "All those who died because of him. They were sacrifices. This organization does not LOOK for sacrifices to simply make. We just embrace the fact that sacrifice is at times required. Madame, each and every one of the operatives here is a Hero; each one of them has protected the innocent to the best of their ability. These Heroes each have faced off against the 'Villainous' figures, and as an end result have saved lives. Should you destroy this organization, you are going to kill Heroes, which will lead to more deaths from the Villains they once stopped. You would also be killing the innocent members of our organization who have had nothing to do with the sacrifices that we, the heroes, make. Should you discount those innocents, then you prove that you are nothing more than a hypocrite who would sacrifice the innocence here in the name of proving a point, which actually makes you the equivalent to the scum this organization fights. Void said, his tone becoming all the darker. He looked to the woman and hoped she had seen the error of her ways.

"The men of the surface have a saying, 'The ball is in your court', in which any decision you make I shall honor. If you should choose to rid your mind of these plans I shall walk away silent, and perhaps we can talk again over tea. However, should you strike; I will have you know that there is little chance of your success. I honor your compassion, and your distaste for the blood of the innocent. But I also honor the fact that I have twenty soldiers scattered throughout this facility, and as their king I am a slave to their best interest.” Void warned her. He was not eager to fight the woman; as such he would not make the first strike. However it was clear that something had to be done.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Versailles June 17th 2013, 8:09 pm

Madame nodded while the man gave his side of the story. He was giving some legitimate points as to why she should not attack. His partner did point out that she still had a point after a little speech about trains. The situation there would be easily handled anyways, with her abilities she could simply relocate the trains temporarily and bring them back when the danger passes. Though that was besides the point. Void was not talking about an assault on a city in this universe known as 'New York' and doctors with names she did not know and professions that she did not understand. And even more mentions of death and how killing the members of OCEAN would hinder the world instead of help. However there seemed to have been a misunderstanding as Madame did not intend to kill the members of OCEAN. She was not the killing type anyways. The members might not be innocent though killing them would not make her any better than they are now. All MV wished to accomplish was to cripple the forces of OCEAN. Teach them a lesson that there are consequences to their actions. It may have been true that there was no other option but to sacrifice those lives, however Madame was simply going to act as the 'Karma'. Their deaths would not happen in vain and a point will be made.
"You make a fabulous point void, however I am not aiming to kill the members of OCEAN, I only seek to cripple them. Killing them would not make me any better that how I view them. Taking one step forward, and two steps back as they say here. I am simply acting as the force known as 'Karma' in this Universe. No life taken should ever go unaccounted for. Be though as it may I must apologize Void, and to you Black Magic, for if you two support this group in their actions and their ways, have participated or aided in the deaths of the innocent then I will have to deliver the same sort of punishments upon you two..."
Her eyes darted between the two of them, making sure neither of them were planning on attacking her yet. There was enough distance between them that if they decided to make a move Madame or Buttons would have enough time to react hopefully.
"I can only ask that you surrender quietly and allow the judgement to take place, as I have witnessed struggling can only make the process more difficult and unfortunately more painful as well. It is now up to you which path you would like to take..."
As a ruler she could assume that he would not take the simple path of conceding because that is not something that she would do. She would fight for her beliefs and her rights until her point had been made. There was a chance that this possible conflict would do damage to the headquarters which would save her a step in passing judgement onto the member of OCEAN. Saileyra's attention would be drawn to this location soon, that she knew so crippling the two before her would be a priority before their commander arrived...
Madame Versailles
Madame Versailles
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 19th 2013, 7:11 pm

“My Dear Madame, I am already dead. I have received my judgment, and I receive judgment my every waking moment. I would also like to point out that by playing ‘Karma’ you are invoking the wrath of the ideal itself upon you. The saying ‘an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth’. This actually is a saying that protects those whom vengeance would be brought upon, it protects the one whom committed the initial ‘sin’ so to speak. For when you act as karma, you yourself will have wronged another, and thus by avenging and punishing another, you yourself have only wrought another to do to you what you have done to them. It is an endless cycle, as old as life and death itself.” Void explained, he was deeply troubled that one felt this way about his allied organization, and even more so that the feelings manifested from within.
“Master, she speaks the truth however. We should at least reflect upon-“ Black Magic began, but Void dismissed him by holding up his hand.
“My friend, I wish I could say that you were foolish from age, but I am young as well, thus perhaps it is I who am wiser beyond my years. When I was rejected from the afterlife, I was enlightened to THE one, universal, truth.” Void said. He let an uncomfortable pause build suspense, as he so loved to do, and he snapped his fingers. “Love, love is the only truth. Love prevails where all else will fail. Love is the only truth…and it’s sickening. I despise it. It’s so scripted, it’s so overused, and it’s so laughable, yet somehow it is always so true.” Void said. Then he began to chuckle almost uncontrollably. Black Magic looked at his master and friend with a look of disappointment and disapproval, but he was forever loyal to Void, his friend and his savior.
“I’m truly sorry Madame, I agree with your cause whole heartedly, and were it my decision we would simply have left this situation go.” He said to her, the hurt in his voice caused Void to raise an eyebrow. Perhaps Black Magic was too invested in this to be trusted to do what must be done. “But Void is my master, my friend, my king, and my savior. I am bound to him, and I serve him. Just know, that should the worst come to pass, that you were NOT wrong, and under different circumstances I would have followed you in your cause.” Black Magic said. To Void it was apparent that Black Magic felt strongly about this romanticized concept of justice and ‘karma’. “Perhaps I can serve you in another time, in another life.” He added. Void was beginning to feel traces of emotion, permeating from his old friend. He could not subject Black Magic to do this, not against his will.
“Indeed, were I none the wiser I also would agree, but you must have faith in me.” Void cautioned Black Magic. He placed a hand on his commander’s shoulder. “I will not make you fight, for your heart is not in this battle.” Void added, much to Black Magic’s relief.
”But S-” Black Magic began, Void glared at him. That name would never be spoken again, for he died long ago, and all that remains is Void. Black Magic nodded an apology and turned to walk away from the situation. But before he could get far, Void interrupted.
“Black Magic….I charge you with delivering the news of Madame Versailles’ plans. I can respect your reluctance to assist the allies of the Necropolis, but we have men and women stationed here, and so as their king I MUST protect them. As my commander you MUST assist me in securing them. I will handle her, but go quickly lest she interrupt you.” Void commanded. Black Magic nodded and began sprinting towards the open hangar exit. Void watched Versailles as best he could, his combat reflexes weren’t as good as they could be, considering his body and his soul weren’t in sync any longer, so he needed to predict and begin preemptive measures.
"Now Madame, let us see which one of us will prevail. She who loves Justice, or He whoi loves his people." Void said with a warm smile. While he had no intentions of killing her, and he held no ill will for her, he could not let his people fall victim to her. Her intentions to him however, are still unclear, and for all the more he knew, he was going to die here. There was no more time for apologies, and no more time to shy away for the battle had begun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Versailles June 21st 2013, 4:30 pm

Madame continues to listen to Void's opinion, but she had made her mind up about this. What she did find interesting was how his student, or pet, or whatever his title may have been, agreed with Versailles point. She ma have an ally in this after all. Though as their conversation continued it was clear that Void had a much more powerful hold over this Black Magic individual than her words did, which she understood and respected.. The problem that she had was Void's instruction to Black magic to warn the others of her impending attack. That would a no.
"Now, now... Let's not be a snitch..."
With a wave of her manicured hand Buttons sped off at his top speed and cut Black Magic off before he could reach the hangar's exit. The two magnet like extremities on either side of him began to course with deadly electricity. Madame crossed her arms and looked back at Void.
"I appreciate your concern, I honestly do. However, do not get in my way. This redemption is going to happen, if you wish to be the first participant then I have no quarrels for or against it/ Just know that mercy will scarcely be shown..."
She flicked her wrist again and a large wall began to construct itself behind Buttons. It extended from end to end of the hangar and began to climb upwards to about the tallest point of the Headquarters. Madam's pet then began to move forward to inch Black Magic backwards and away from the exit keeping a sharp eye on him and ready to strike at a moments notice, or at Versailles command. The spherical organism can come off as intimidating in situations such as these considering his size is much larger, at least in width, than the average human on this planet.
Of course the rising wall was one of Madame's illusions, however they are practically perfect in every way so there was no immediate way to tell that the emerging wall was fake.
Madame Versailles
Madame Versailles
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 21st 2013, 7:54 pm

Of course it wasn’t just a cute little pet. No it had to be some form of body guard. Void honestly expected nothing less, but what surprised him was the raising wall that came from nowhere. While the ever adorable ‘little’ buttons tried to intimidate Black Magic back, Void glared at Madame. He could easily break down any wall she raised, he could probably tear down half of the base if he wished, but the problem was that it would force him into a unique situation, one he would much rather avoid.
“Master, what do we do?” Black Magic asked. Void looked at him, arching one eye brown with pursed lips and an almost condescending glare.
“There’s a door that leads right into the building.” Void stated, almost in utter disbelief of his commander’s ignorance of their surroundings. Void himself assumed that the creature known as ‘buttons’ was about to become a complete annoyance, and who knew what else this Madame had up her sleeve. Void turned back to the beautiful woman with the odd taste in clothing and chuckled. “Mercy? I haven’t seen mercy since before I died…Innocence is the greatest illusion of life, and mercy the cloak to the hidden dagger of contempt. If I knew mercy, then I would be just as emotionally misguided as the rest of these simpletons. You wish to play karma, Madame? Then let us fully embrace the concept of Yin and Yang. Light versus Darkness, Good and wickedness.” Void said. This was the most emotion his voice had ever held since his ‘resurrection’ and it was apparent that the word ‘mercy’ was the trigger. Void silently watched the woman, knowing full well that she was not to be taken lightly. But she was not the only one with a pet, no Void himself had his commander, and not only that, but he had his own citizens. “FORSAKEN!” He yelled, his voice was deep and booming. He spoke with the force of his own dragon, and it was clear by the rumbling by the contents of the hangar that it would be heard. Much to Void’s dismay, only two of his twenty five soldiers responded and ran in through the exit he had told Black Magic to escape from.
“Sir?” Black Magic asked as he looked back over his shoulder locating Void. Void nodded. Black Magic and Void turned at the same time. Void threw a sphere of violate ‘Blackfire’ at Buttons, while Black Magic dropped onto a knee and threw a fist into the ground. A royal blue energy shot from his shoulder down into the ground. The entire ground within a twenty foot radius was covered by a black inky substance that began to permeate into the air. The spell, “Lairmaker”, designed by Black Magic when they founded the Necropolis. The spell was the spell he used to kill everything in the cave so the Forsaken could begin construction of their city. Now anything within a twenty foot radius of Void and Black Magic was horribly toxic to any living thing. Fortunately for the Forsaken, they weren’t living. Black Magic sprinted for the door where the other Forsaken had come from, in attempts to break away from the action. “Get her!” Black Magic yelled, and the two soldiers began charging for Madame Versailles. Void smirked as he looked around. If he could just get Black Magic out of here, then even if he’d die, his duty as the king to keep his people safe was achieved.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Versailles June 22nd 2013, 1:23 am

It was almost exciting. The thrill of battle, back in action yet again. It would be fun for her to see if she's still 'got it' so to speak. Though Void did appear to be one who enjoy to hear the sound of his own voice as he spoke quite frequently. His words made sense, though pointless, were taken into consideration by Madame. It would have been rude to ignore him anyways.
Conflict had engaged, Void called out "Forsaken" in a deep voice that did not seem to be his own and very soon after two soilders cam running to their aid through an exit she appeared to have forgotten to cover. While they were on their way Black Magic and Void took action. Buttons was a millisecond away from frying Black Magic when he spotted another incoming attack. He sent a powerful current of electricity at the black and the two neutralized each other.
Madame watched as Black Magic simultaneously hit the ground with a similar looking charge of energy. Without waiting to see what the effect was going to be, she wrapped her self in a defensive bubble of a translucent light pink color. After the student finished his little move and a sizeable area had been covered with a dark substance he took off for the exits instructing the incoming help to 'Get her'.
"Coward..." Madame said as she rolled her eyes. Buttons quickly went after him, though she could tell that he was moving a little slower than usual but still faster than the kid. This time around he was not showing any mercy and fired the electrical bolts at him hoping to land a hit and cause some damage. Meanwhile MV used her illusionary powers again to create steel walls that covered up the exit that Black Magic was heading for aiming to give him a little less hop for escaping. Hopefully he would have some common sense and stop running and surrender as there was no hiding from Buttons, at least not with his speed.
Versailles raised an eyebrow at the incoming soldiers and created two more pastel colored orbs both large enough to fit an average adult male comfortably inside. One was green, the other blue and they both shot forward at impressive speeds on a crash course with the two new opponents. Though at the last second they would shoot straight upwards for a moment before they came down to crash on top of the two men. With her mind still focusing on the two orbs attacking the two attackers she summoned one more orb, this one red in color. For this orb it shot straight forward aiming to bash and toss around Void. All three currently active orbs were highly durable and would continue moving at high speeds trying to harm the two soldiers and Void. All the while, Madame stood in her protective bubble with her arms crossed focused on the situation. It would take a little more brain power than usual to sustain multiple illusions while manipulating three spheres individually, though eventually she would get used to it. It had been quite sometime since the last time she used her abilities to a higher extent than just casual demonstration.
To add to her appearance, she manifested two soldiers on either side of her that were identical to the ones that Void had called forth to attack her. They were illusions of course, however it may confuse her opponent as to what her abilities truly were, or if she had any limitations at all...
Madame Versailles
Madame Versailles
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 23rd 2013, 7:57 pm

This woman was a hell of an issue. Void had heard stories and jests about how women were a pain to take care of, but he never figured her to have been one hard to 'take care' of. This whole combat thing seemed to be as second nature as breathing, and for void the onlything he was good for was commanding an army. Unfortunately, time was up, as the 'Buttons' continued to press after Black Magic and his two guards were crushed under two perfectly sphereical objects that manifested from absolutely nowhere at all. To make matters worse, Versailles just would not leave well enough alone. Void found himself in an odd situation. There was no chance he was going to avoid the orb entirely, as he lacked any form of reflex, but he thought of a solution. Being hit with the sphere he allowed himself to fall, and he did as he had planned. The long drawn out speech, the ra ting and raving was a means to buy himself a little time. He used his invisiblity spell in which his very form seemed to whisp away like ashes into the wind.
"back...to the Void." He said weakly as his form vanished. Black Magic had seen this trick before and he looked over and yelled for Void. Black Magic shot out the venomous spell Grave at Buttons in attempt to melt them or harm him in some way. Void felt save for the moment as he rolled out of the way and silently crept up towards madame. He paused as he observed the strange woman, and the two soldiers he had not seen accompany her. This was most concerning, and action had to be taken. Void decided that it was time. He got close to madame as he could, still unable to be found, and the second the oppertunity rose he used it. Black Magic gave the signal, with a bloodlusting roar he forced his veins to glow and his eyes began glowing a brilliant view.
 The Box. Several tendrils flew out from all over the room and slashed to grab every hostile in the room. The barbed and serrated tendrils shot out at high speeds and wrapped around Buttons, shot at the surprisingly solid bubbles to burst them. Tendrils attempted to grab the two new soldiers but they couldn't grip them and so one went for Madames bubble while the other menaced to get Madame should the bubble pop.  Void, still invisible, moved to position himself in the ideal position to watch things play out. Madame would be none the wiser, she would believe in a rage at his Master's demise he unleashed tendrils that would shred her whole. Void finally put two and two together. The tendrils that couldn't grab the new forsaken because they weren't real. She was an illusionist.
 "clever girl." He thought as he made his way to his companion. "She makes illusions, try the door, quickly. I'll be a meatbag." Void ordered as a whisper. Black Magic took off towards the wall, stopping to reach out and touch the wall. He knew it wasn't real now.
  Void glared at the bubble that surrounded Versailles. With a powerful spell-tendril and the poisoned earth beneather he rotting at the bubble he assumed Iit would break, and when it did... she would look eye to eye with a ghost
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Versailles June 25th 2013, 1:20 am

Madame gave a smirk seeing how her attacks connected destroying the two guards and smashing Void. He faded away, but she was sure that was not the end of him. His assistant used another attack towards Buttons which unfortunately he was not able to avoid. The spherical creature let out odd wails as he was in pain. You could see the worry in Madame's eyes as she looked over in distress. She sighed and knew he needed time to heal so she sent him back into her pocket dimension. A bright light encased the pet and imploded in on itself and let off quite a loud bang revealing that Buttons had vanished.
Her focus would be this Black Magic individual for harming her beloved pet. In Her protective bubble, along with the two illusionary guards, she began to move towards him with a dark look on her face. However Madame was brought to an immediate halt when she heard a sound that worried even her of her safety. In the following instant deadly looking tendrils manifested attacking everything she had created. Luckily she had sent Buttons away prior to this attack or he would have been in real trouble. They were heading for the spheres that Madame had created as well as the illusionary guards. She snapped her fingers and all the spheres dropped to the ground, including hers, leaving a crater where they landed. The tendrils wrapped around all four of the spheres and the pressure began increasing as she noticed they all began to crack. As for her soldiers, they were easily ran though and faded away like smoke in the wind. MV needed out, because one step on the toxic ground and she would be toast.
One of the spheres already shattered as she began to phase through the one she was in and climb up and outwards, balancing herself on the top of it. She could see that the ground was only toxic to a point and the sludge ceased. Taking a bit of a risk Madame created two more orbs after two of hers had been destroyed and made these with more of a plateau allowing her to jump from orb to orb until she was on safe ground. Turning she saw that all of her orbs were being destroyed if not already destroyed by this attack. It had also seemed that they discovered her illusionary abilities and would most likely not fall for her trickery again as she saw Black Magic make for the exits. She released her focus on sustaining the illusions and they began to fade as she now had her focus on this Tendrils which seemed adamant towards causing her harm.
She created three more orbs that shot forward. Madame put her hands a small distance away from each other and a cylindrical object with a sphere in its center appeared between them and began to expand. Mean while two of the orbs were caught by the tendrils while the other one sped by and headed for the exit, aiming to knock over Black Magic on it's way there and ultimately block the exit. The two that were caught had bought her some precious seconds to charge her attack while she made the one orb appear as if it had multiplied into 10 to block him from escaping again. She could not afford for her plans to reach the other members.
MV lined the attack up with the incoming tendrils and released the cylindrical shape that expanded exponentially to about the size of a school bus as it left her hands. It was able to catch most of the attack within it, also dragging along the ground some. The attack would speed by Black Magic, but not make contact with him, and dissipate before it made it to the wall. The path in which the attack traveled was clear seeing as it had 'removed' the ground and the poison where the beam made contact with. Versailles was temporarily safe from the deadly tentacle-like attack and had crippled the poisonous field. However since she had moved during the execution of Void's attack she was now unaware of his location. In the palm of her left hand a cubicle shape with a sphere in its center appeared and began rotating above her palm as she waited for Void or Black Magic's next move.
Madame Versailles
Madame Versailles
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2013, 11:09 pm

The woman had sent her little pet away with the look of a worried mother’s threatening glare upon Black Magic. There was a bright light and the creature vanished with an alarming boom. The barbed tendrils that were honed on Madame’s beloved pet would crash into each other, and faded away. She still had quite some time however before she was truly free of Void’s threatening barbs.

Nothing could bring joy into Void’s forsaken heart save for that of fear in the eyes of a foe. It was beautiful, the way that the fear permeated the air as The Box took effect. It was only a pity that she had sent her little play thing away. The tears she would have wept would have made his ‘heart’ leap for joy, the potential cries for mercy as her beloved pet suffered the wrath of the spell because of her transgressions. It would have been true karma, not this silly emotionally diluted concept she was spewing out. The spherical creations proved to me more than illusions, and the tendrils disposed of them slowly but surely. They would all crack and shatter. With each crack and shattering it freed up possibilities for Void and Black Magic although Madame would prove ever so resourceful.

One sphere had shattered and the rest soon to follow when she decided to climb on top of the one that encapsulated her. Void arched an eyebrow as he was not exactly sure of what he was watching. She made two more of those annoying little bobbles and hopped from one to another, with each hop The Box tendrils began to try and compensate. Two of the spheres were now shattered and the tendrils hesitated, awaiting Voids command. He had only the two tendrils left free and he’d not waste them on simple spheres that wasted space. But despite it being the strongest spell available to Void and it soon to be nothing more than a night mare for them all he learned much useful information. This Madame Versailles was an impressive illusionist alas now Void and Black Magic were both onto her scheme and they would no longer simply accept what they saw as truth.

Three more of those annoying little spheres shot straight ahead of the regal woman. Void commanded two of the new free tendrils to intercept them to which they complied quickly. The third one was going to collide with the invisible Void and possibly take out Black Magic as well. Sadly, having no reflexes at all, Void was smacked head on with the Orb and brought to the exit of the room. Had he actually not struggled it would have launched him into the hallway, and he personally could have warned the others. But such trickery was beneath nobility, and surly Versailles would at least honor combat in the way men and women of their titles aught to. He was actually quite hurt, and if he didn’t do something he was done in for. He was bleeding from the forehead, and he was certain he was coughing up blood form internal damage. He scoffed, needing to use both of his most powerful spells in the span of three minutes. With the summoned up the energy Void could do what he needed to do. The essence within void called out to the Necropolis, and with the encouragement of his people he was restored in a matter of seconds. This would be a nightmare to all who beheld his new –found healing abilities. The woman was desperately attempting to block off all exits, and now the only viable escape was the open hangar that was blocked by a supposed wall. Void slowly and silently made his way to Versailles, perhaps only three feet away, hoping to avoid detection.

What she did next was something that Void himself feared. She fired out a cylindrical blast of light, very similar to the light that taken claim to her pet. It was like watching a train car take out an arm of the kraken. She had crippled the concept of the corrupt grounds, and somehow completely removed the tendril from existence. It simply was no longer there. This made Void curious, had she destroyed her pet, or what this ability more intriguing than he had given it credit for? The woman had seemingly endless powers and an endless creativity on how to use them. Void counted himself lucky that his commander was far more agile than himself and had the commonsense to move away from the beam as best he could. It was close, but the beam did in fact miss him.
Once close enough, Void attempted to latch onto Versailles, almost as if embracing her in a hug. Once he was deemed close enough, he unleashed the wrath of his Voidrift, in which Void himself was covered by a skin tight shell of magic, and a large pillar of fire erupted from beneath his feet in a four foot radius, extending to the ceiling of the hangar. In a perfect world, Void would have approached undetected and managed to get his hands on the posh Madame while also setting her and everything within four feet of him ablaze with the fires of the Void itself. Between his regenerative powers, the remaining tendrils and the fact that anything within four foot of him was immolated in the flames of darkness made Void rather confident that he may be able to make something out of this. No matter how confident he was, he was forced to remember that he neglected to arm himself properly for the match, and the woman proved to be a worthy adversary this far. Black Magic cursed as he pinched the orb, hurting his own hand, perhaps even breaking it. He looked back to see Void ablaze, and he himself was worried.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Madame Versailles July 1st 2013, 12:10 am

Versailles was pleased with the result her attacks. Black Magic had still been prevented from exiting and Void's attack had been crippled. And with that thought she began to worry. Void was still no where to be seen. She began looking all over to see if she could spot anything out of place, any type of movement. Madame spun around, and right as she did Void embraced her tightly. Witnessing his previous attacks, this was not good. Immediately the glowing box she held in her left hand expanded and encased both Madame and Void. Simultaneously a fire engulfed the both of them, however they were dematerialized into MV's subspace before being exposed to the flames for too long. From Black Magic's point of view, the fire would have shot up around the cube though once it dispersed there would be no sign of Madame or Void.
Meanwhile Madame stumbled away from Void, now in her personal dimension. She had a number of burns all over and she was patting off small embers on her clothing. Her Royal Guard Kit walked over with a a medical kit from the abyss and began to attend to her slight wounds. Versailles could easily function after transporting herself into this pocket dimension, however she noticed that people seemed to take it differently. There was generally a feeling of being pinched all over at the same time and then roughly twisting in addition to feeling as if you have just fallen off a very high cliff. Though this man was clearly not human so the side effects may not be as severe.
Madame was not worried for her safety at all being here. She casually spoke to Kit as if nothing was happening, explaining to him the situation at hand. Occasionally he would give a glance to Void, then look back down and continue tending to Madame. This plane of existence appeared to continue on forever and was constantly shifting colors and hues. There was no distinct left, right, up or down. It was a big insight to Madame's abilities. Be though as it may, it might also serve as an intimidation tactic seeing as how she is easily able to move through dimensions and bring objects with her. It would be clear where the deadly barbed tendrils hand ended up, and where the ground she had struck had ended up. They were suspended right above each other in the same exact position that they had vanished in.
After being treated for a few moments, Madame stood up and leaned up against the leg of her guardian her head not even making it up to his knee joint. She crossed her arms and glared at Void, now in her personal playing field she was clearly at the advantage.
"Well now, isn't this a twist?" she said as three large colored orbs appeared around her just as they had before. One red, one yellow, one green.
"I normally don't bring people here, though you did not give me too much of a choice."
She examined her nails casually as the three orbs sped forward in a triangle formation. Once with in roughly 50 feet of Void, they split. The yellow flying upwards, the green to the right and the red to the left. Madame gave a casual wave to Void as she and her guardian began to disappear, it appeared as if a curtain was being dropped in front of them. Since there were no definite sides or directions in the subspace, camouflage via illusion was a simple task. This was the same way she has been able to hide not only Buttons 1 and 2 but also Flowers who was lurking in the background.
Once Madame and her Kit had disappeared the three orbs halted and began to converge back towards Void. The Yellow one was speeding straight down, however the green and red were rotating around Void as they were closing in. If he was good with numbers, he would be able to figure the approximate speed to estimate the impact point. The three of them would all meet at the same point to literally smash the poor magician.
It would be rather unfortunate if she succeeded in making contact, as she was unsure as to how she would break the news to his apprentice that went by the title 'Black Magic'. Either way she would most likely put him out of his misery of missing his master. Though both of their deaths she would not be able to justify for her cause. Yes, it would cripple OCEAN as she had planned however it would put her at the same level as the organization's degenerates. She can plead self-defense, though she felt like he had mentioned that he had died already. You can't kill someone twice.... Can you?
Madame Versailles
Madame Versailles
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top