The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Greetings Potential Victims... I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Greetings Potential Victims... I_vote_lcapGreetings Potential Victims... I_voting_barGreetings Potential Victims... I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Greetings Potential Victims... I_vote_lcapGreetings Potential Victims... I_voting_barGreetings Potential Victims... I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Arcana
Tybrid
Sage
Vorik
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Greetings Potential Victims...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Greetings Potential Victims... Empty Greetings Potential Victims...

Post by Anjel March 24th 2013, 5:50 am

Salutations, I was just doing some looking around on the net for an online rp community and came across this site. I thought it might be fun to play around for a bit and stretch out the old imagination. Still not sure how I actually go about making a character after reading these links that were provided but I have an idea of a character and minion that I want to roleplay.

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Anjel
Anjel

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2013-03-24

Back to top Go down

Greetings Potential Victims... Empty Re: Greetings Potential Victims...

Post by Chellizard March 24th 2013, 6:10 am

Heya there! Pop in the cbox for some faster communication; but you start a new thread in this area of the forum:

http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/f1-hero-villain-application

(:

http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t5259-character-application

^ ^ ^ there's two different versions of the character application there. One that's HTML format that makes it look pretty; or a simple one so you don't have to worry about coding. (:

Either or is fine to use! :]

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Greetings Potential Victims... JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjel March 24th 2013, 2:23 pm

I get how we allocate the 30 points among stats, but what do we use for powers?

Are there specific sets? Are there powers that are not allowed?

How does the Ability stat actually affect our power set?
Anjel
Anjel

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjel March 24th 2013, 3:25 pm

Also what is the point of the occult stat? It just seems like a recycle int stat, and does having a 0 in occult but a high int still make me dumb? Cause that is the way it is coming off as. Why not just use the int like in D&D?

Edit: And why is it speed and not agility? Isn't speed in itself a power?

How do I determine how agile I am, I can run at 100 miles an hour but not know how to juggle or stand on my hands?

Last edited by Anjel on March 24th 2013, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anjel
Anjel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 24th 2013, 3:34 pm

Ability is for any power not covered by the other stats. Being super strong or super fast you'd put points into either strength of speed. For something like any form of manipulation you'd use ability. Putting points into ability allows you one power. Any additional powers require separate points put into ability.

Banned powers include the likes of reality warping, gravity manipulation, anything involving nuclear radiation, any instant kill things.

Occult is for magical knowledge whereas Intelligence is for technological knowledge. As stated in the stat equivalents page the first 3 levels of each equate for one another allowing for somebody to still be aware of the other.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjel March 24th 2013, 3:50 pm

Lol why is nuclear radiation so specific? That doesn't even sound like a power, more like some kind of horrible limitation that keeps you from interacting with people or something that an npc monster would have to force the heroes to wear hazmat suits. Would someone be willingly ignorant enough to ask for something like that? lol wtf.

How can we ban reality warping but have magic? Isn't that exactly what magic is?

Not that I want a guy with these abilities but what exactly defines something that is reality warping? Where does it begin? If I have say for example, high level mental powers and I change the perception of everyone around me, to them, ALL of reality has just been altered. Same for using illusory magic right?
Anjel
Anjel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 24th 2013, 3:55 pm

Atomic manipulation and the related things are banned for being far too powerful.

Magic and reality warping are not the same thing. Powerful magic can lead to reality warping levels of power but not here. Illusions aren't warping reality either. Illusions just trick the senses into thinking such a thing. As for high level mental powers, any form of mind control is also not allowed.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjel March 24th 2013, 4:09 pm

Okay, so is there an actual list of banned powers then?
Anjel
Anjel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 24th 2013, 4:21 pm

It's getting made. ;]

-My DeviantArt-
Greetings Potential Victims... JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjel March 24th 2013, 4:50 pm

Okay, another question, can I make a minion an extension of an ability. Like something I conjure?
Anjel
Anjel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 24th 2013, 4:54 pm

Yes, summoning is a viable power. You can use either ability or magic for it. The minion itself will require its own app.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjel March 24th 2013, 5:12 pm

So every point I allocate towards ability can be counted as 1 rank in as many as four separate powers? But I don't need to use points towards the powers themselves? But later on do I add the points to the ability stat or can I add a point to increase the rank of the power directly?
Anjel
Anjel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 24th 2013, 5:20 pm

http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t5264-stat-equivalents <--- read that

As you can see from it certain powers cost a minimum of a certain number of points. Additional points added onto it increase its overall power. The ability bars are separated when there are multiple powers. Each bar representing each power.
http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t5277-elena-marie <--- a good example of what I'm describing. This character has light magic and illusions and shows how the points are split.

As for increasing points in your character that is gained through experience.

http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t5263-power-point-shop-how-to-convert-grading-scale-experience-template

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Anjel March 24th 2013, 5:48 pm

So that character has zero intelligence and zero magic or spells but uses magic?

They also have a starting stat of 10? And basically min max the hell out of everything even though it said on that other page to avoid doing that?

I am super heroically confused at this point.
Anjel
Anjel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 24th 2013, 5:51 pm

Read through all of this. http://superhero-rpg.forumotion.com/t5228-the-rulebook

Also no stat can start above 8 for a new character.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top